2020-07-26 11:42:23 (edited by brad 2020-07-26 22:47:37)

edit: as stated in my second post, this isn't going to be a drama topic, if people are going to come on here and start negative shit, I won't respond to that post.

Edit 2: I'll write one more response on this thread then will not be looking at it afterward.

This post is just to let people know I'm back, that is all.

Hi everyone, I thought I was going to leave for quite a while and then come back but posts have popped up that I've wanted to reply to, so as I said, for those that care; I'm back.

Oh and no; I don't intend on leaving again, if things change they do, if not, well I'm big enough to step away from the site for as long as I need.

I'll admit sometimes it's hard to do so, pressing f on the address bar takes me straight to forum.audiogames.net but it's doable.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-07-26 11:56:08

Autocompletion of URLs can be easily disabled, as can be saving of history. So this forum popping up when you press F is a problem that you yourself have chosen to live with, not an external force preventing you from leaving.

And yeah, of course you're back. Nobody is surprised. Most people who say they're leaving come back soon after, it's one of the rules of the internet. Somehow knowing that people will laugh when they see they've come back never stops most people; hell, perhaps it encourages them?

"Oh and no; I don't intend on leaving again," Yeah right.
(Off topic, but I've just realized that "Yeah right" is a double positive that makes a negative, and that's fascinating!)

There, I've given you exactly the kind of post you counted on getting when you made this topic. I hope it makes you happy.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2020-07-26 11:57:34 (edited by Meatbag 2020-07-26 11:57:57)

that's why the world is  boring, its repeating itself, nothing's new, same words, same things

2020-07-26 12:09:37

@Mayana, I don't know how to fix that and will leave it as it is for now.

As for me leaving in the future? Nah, it won't achieve anything as others have said, I highly doubt changes will be made to this forum so I thought screw it, I might as well return and respond to the posts I want to.

As for making me happy? No, I can't say you replying to my post did that, I said for those that care, I'd be just as happy with no responses than I would with the ones I have now.

this isn't going to be a drama topic, if people are going to come on here and start negative shit, I just won't respond.

As I said before, this post is just to inform people that *care* that I'm back, that's all.

@Meatbag, then I recommend getting hobbies you enjoy, reddit is great for that.

2020-07-26 13:13:28

hahahaha.
OP: *Posts leaving topic. *
Also OP: * Returns a couple weeks later. *
What was the point of posting the leaving topic in the first place? attention? something else?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-07-26 13:20:30

@thetechguy, it was posted because at the time I thought I'd leave, I still stick by the things I said in that topic but wanted to return to post on some threads and thought some people might like to know.

2020-07-26 15:57:20

Lol, saw that a mile away.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-26 16:12:59

welcome back

2020-07-26 16:49:14

@manamon_player, thanks.

@ironcross, that's nice.

2020-07-26 17:47:34

Hello,

Welcome back to the community. I hope you'll have a pleasant stay from now on.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2020-07-26 17:57:22

My first thought seeing this is that maybe the mods should ban people for "I am permanently leaving because I hate this site" threads.  This whole thing has been ridiculous, pointless, and probably a grab for attention, and whoever does this next will probably do the same thing, so overall maybe people who want to leave so badly they start a rant and say they're leaving forever should be helped out the door.  Perhaps not a permanent ban, but something.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-26 18:09:06

Yeah, this topic served no purpose whatsoever. If they wanted to come back, they could have done so without the fanfare.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-26 18:23:39

Brad, it's good to see that you didn't leave permanently, but I want to encourage you to think more carefully about what you do.

This thread is a great example.

Leaving because you feel like you're done with the community is one thing, and while I don't share your feelings, I also don't fault you for having them.
Deciding a few weeks later that you're going to come back? Also fine, I guess. You're being judged a little harshly here because you were particularly loud about wanting to leave, and stirred up controversy before you did by basically tossing a bunch of folks under the bus in a way I still don't really agree with. But again, okay, you're back, that's fine.
But does this topic need to exist? Surely if you'd just made a post in some thread you actually felt like responding to, it would have let people go "Oh hey, Brad's back", and judge accordingly. You creating this topic tells me a lot about your state of mind, and it's not particularly flattering.

Listen. I hate to put it to you so baldly, but the fair majority of forum users don't care if the average person - and yes, that includes you - stays or goes. There are exceptions, of course, but loudly proclaiming that you're leaving, and then sort of loudly proclaiming that you're back, puts forward the idea that you think more of yourself in the context of this forum than is reasonable. It comes across as if you believe yourself meaningful enough that your presence, or lack of it, is somehow integral to this forum.

Here's sort of a comparable example.
Many times last year, while I was on placement, I'd eat lunch in our boardroom with a bunch of other coworkers. When I was present in a conversation, I'd make a point, if I was leaving, to say, "Well, I'd better get back to work" or some such. And I'd wait for a gap in the conversation to do it. I'd show consideration for those around me because we were obviously connected in some fashion. But what often happened is that said coworkers would be chatting by the time I got there with my lunch, and I'd be mostly excluded. My interjections were fine, for the most part, but I was a fringe member of the conversation. Let me tell you, in those situations, I never, ever stood up and said, "Okay, folks, I'm heading out. And I wish you wouldn't talk this way...". And if I came into a conversation after having left it, I didn't proclaim, "Hi, I'm back!" purely to get attention.

Because unfortunately that's what this smacks of. Attention. It might even be that you're not aware of how you're coming across, and if so, I don't blame you. Oftentimes, we give clues to our state of mind without even realizing that we're doing it. But maybe take a moment and ask yourself why you not only had to create an "I'm leaving" thread, but also had to create an "I'm back" thread. And is that the impression you want to be giving?

Again, I'm happy to see that you're still here. I have never had any serious quarrel with you and I think you've been quite helpful in the past. I'm glad to see that you've returned. Just maybe consider a bit better impression management going forward, unless you want to be seen as someone who's clamouring for attention.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-07-26 18:31:37

When I was banned, I doubt anybody gave a fuck honestly, and maybe they were like, ah it's a bit more peaceful; though I doubt that as I've seen some of the drama continuing after I was gone. When I came back, I didn't make a topic called, "I'm back from my ban", I just resumed normal use of the forum.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-26 19:00:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-07-26 19:02:22

O for 2 by my count.

But welcome back.

I agree with jayde but sorta expected a topic like this.

2020-07-26 19:20:39

@targor, Yeah, except, I somehow doubt that Brad would come back in black, but hey, what do I know?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-07-26 19:36:24

@jade you have a point, it would have been better for me to just comment on a thread and leave it there.

@the wrest who say I'm doing this for attention, I can honestly tell you that attention never crosssed my mind, if you want to see it that way; that's on you, and maybe from your point of view Jade has a point that me making this post comes across that way.

Honestly though, it was more of a, alright let's make this quick post, letting people know i'm back, then get on to the more important replies to the posts I'm interested in, kind of thing.

From now on, I will just reply to posts and maybe make some more threads, and will not make a staying or leaving post again, if I leave I leave and if I stay, I stay.

This thread will probably be gone by tomorrow, why? mostly for me to get rid of it and to move on but I assure you, there will be no more leaving or staying threads from me.

I've learnt my lesson.

2020-07-26 19:38:13

@targor, not my kind of thing smile

@DJEPIC, is there a meaning to the song? It's not my kind of music.

2020-07-26 19:44:22 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-07-26 19:45:43)

Deleting threads does nothing useful. It will get sunked eitherways.

@11, Rory I think was the first to request some help, and well Jayde says he'll look into banning on a case by case basis.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-07-26 21:51:16

Guess who’s back, back again…

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-07-26 22:23:10

@17 True. It just was the first thing that popped into my mind when reading the topic title smile

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-07-26 22:35:48

I'm unable to delete my post, there's no delete link under it, if this is a change to the forum, then it's interesting how the mods or whoever did this can act on this stuff but can't actually change the forum to be better.

I've looked everyware, on the edit page and on this one and there is no delete link.

2020-07-26 22:42:58

I just took a look at my topics and am unable to delete anything.

Mods; if you want to change the forum, fine, that's up to you but I think you should let us know of changes like that, a lot of you don't find it important but to me it's a very useful feature.

2020-07-26 22:43:47 (edited by Lucas1 2020-07-26 22:44:22)

Yeah, I don't see delete links on threads anymore either. I like that. if you want to delete the first post, you can edit it and replace it with something else, but I like how you can't just strike the whole thing from the record anymore. I do think it's interesting how it wasn't ever noted anywhere though.