2023-12-22 01:35:48 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2024-02-18 10:30:16)

Introduction

Hi! Welcome to your 1 stop hop for playable console videogames! The purpose of this article is to ensure that whatever comprehensible lists of playable retro console videogames people make doesn't get drowned out by thousands and thousands of threads. I'm limiting this to retro consoles for now, because their libraries are pretty much complete, whereas newer consoles are getting new games added on a weekly basis, and keeping such lists up to date will be a drag. The second purpose of this article is so that I can clean up my signature, and all current and future lists of playable console games I've created can be kept safely in 1 place without getting lost. It will also be helpful to those interested in my lists, but have signatures turned off, so anything you would usually find there will be in this article as well.

If you are looking into mainstream games, and you're thinking about getting  one of the retro consoles listed below, such as the Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3ds, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, or Sony Playstation, or already have one of these and are looking for more games to play on it, you've come to the right place! Here you will find links to discussion threads containing lists of playable games for various retro consoles, and tutorial articles for a couple consoles and their playable games. Below, I will post the links to topics I have created, and where permitted by the site, such as in an open thread, I encourage people to share whatever playable games which have yet to be listed for the specific console of the thread for others to discover. For now, there are 6, maybe 7 represented consoles, a couple of  which have been combined, but I plan to add more in the future, so check back on occasion to see if there's anything new. Otherwise, if you have compiled a list and would like it featured in this article, let me know in a pm along with the link, and I'll post the link to it here. Just make sure that the list of playable games is at the top and maintained so people don't have to go reading through thousands of posts to find a new game to play. The same applies to any videogame console tutorials you may have created. Send me the article link, and I will post it below in addition to my own. Thank you for reading this far. Enjoy the list.

Comprehensive list of playable playstation games

This is a list of playable playstation games. It features a rating system to indicate how playable each game is with regards to the need for sighted assistance. There's a lot you can play solo here, so definitely check it out.

list of playable gameboy advance games

This is a discussion thread containing over 50 playable gameboy advance games, including rpgs such as the pokemon series, fighting games such as the street fighter series, belt scrolling brawlers such as Final Fight, and Nintendo's very own audio game Sound Voyager.

A list of playable ds and 3ds games

Although many of the ds and 3ds games feature touch controls, a fair number of them are quite playable. The list is still a little slim when compared to other lists in this article, so I decided to combine then. The 3ds is also backwards compatible with the ds, so everything works out in the end for those who wish to own anything in the 3ds and 2ds family. It has a similar rating system as the list of playstation games.

A tutorial on using the Playstation Vita blind, plus its playable games

Although the old playstation network web store and its remote download function is no longer available, everything else on the guide with regards to using the console is still valid. The guide contains a list of playable playstation 1, playstation portable, playstation mini, and playstation vita games, many of which are also available for playstation 3 and playstation 4. If you want to buy from the psn store, you can still do so, provided you have sighted assistance, and money in your psn account.

A guide to using the original Evercade handheld cartridge console, plus a handful of collections containing playable games

Although the original Evercade handheld has been discontinued in favor of its upgraded variant the Evercade EXP, and home console variant the Evercade VS, this article will still be handy, should you manage to find one of the original models out in the wild. The number of cartridges and playable games is still growing, beyond the 10 mentioned therein, but I have decided to include this anyway, since it is a description and tutorial article. Please research the game collections for this console with care before deciding to dive in, just know that it is relatively easy to use without sight.

A guide on SNK's MVS Mini Arcade machine which includes 45 preloaded classic Neo Geo games.

It's very blind usable, and I have described the unit and outlined the menus and settings in this article. Most of the games listed here are fighters, but there are a few from other genres as well. Retro gamers and fighting game fans should find this unit to be enjoyable if they do not already have a previous model of this in their collection.

My audio demo thread of playable mainstream games across various consoles old and new

Here you can find text descriptions and my own no commentary gameplay audio recordings of many of the games I have written about in the above articles, and more. I try to write as much about each entry as I can so as to equip the listener on what to expect, and how to go about playing each game, but if there are questions or comments about any of the games featured, please feel free to write me there, and I will attempt to respond.

Conclusion

Thus concludes the subject of this article. I hope that putting everything in 1 place helps people easily find more games to play in the future. There's still many more lists of consoles and games to be added, such as nes, snes, master system, genesis, gameboy, gameboy color, and psp, just to name a few, but I will try and get around to what I can. If you have a blind friend is wanting to start playing or getting back into mainstream games, you can refer them to this thread, and hopefully it will be of some help. Thank you for reading all the way to the end.

Thumbs up +2