2020-07-28 20:26:22

I'd be for keeping edit.  The main point is not being able to hide that you deleted something.  Most platforms allow edit these days, and I don't see negative consequences in it personally.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-07-28 20:45:26

Yup, people wouldn't be able to update their articles otherwise.

2020-07-29 04:08:40 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2020-07-29 09:46:54)

Lucas1853 wrote:

@50: Why? Why should it be your right to delete contributions that you did not make? I support your right to delete or edit any post that you make all you want, but when you delete a thread, you are deleting contributions from others.
Obviously you're not like the other guy saying you're going to leave the forum, but if he's leaving I obviously can't get answers from him, so I just seek to understand your viewpoint.

It's more of an idealistic thought. If we could trust everyone to use a delete system appropriately, I would rather have the feature. Other platforms allow people to delete what amount to threads; Facebook immediately comes to mind as such a place where this is permitted. I'm sure that deleted posts on platforms like Facebook are logged so that those tasked with enforcing the platforms rules and terms can still punish those who misbehave. But if users are abusing the delete button on AudioGames.net to avoid repercussions for their nasty behavior here, and the administrators find that disabling it is the best course of action, I have no problem with losing the delete function.

I also don't like the thought of users deleting topics on a large scale and wiping out the thoughts of others in the process. If a topic has no responses, is small, serves no historical significance, Etc. I can justify its deletion to some extent. But the thought of users going willy-nilly through their topic history and deleting whatever suits their fancy without a care in the world is a bit disquieting, and if it keeps happening I have no problem with the ability to delete topics being taken away.

PS: Yes, I realize I'm a hypocrite.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27