2020-03-08 13:27:40

Hello to everyone! I, secred_land, decided to release the huntation. I bought this game so I can update it whenever I want it, already have fun.

(link removed by administration pending investigation of alligations that the game is based on unauthorized use or distribution of source code)

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 14:11:29 (edited by manamon_player 2020-03-08 14:13:11)

so cool!

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 14:19:29

thanks

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 14:23:52

So what is it for, and what is it about?

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 14:54:35 (edited by mazen 2020-03-08 14:55:01)

@1 Uh, hello fighter 2005

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 15:23:46

Can any explain some more thinks about this game?

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 15:32:17

why don't you look at read me instead of asking me

start of my signature.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 15:34:02

that's like super egg hunt

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 15:39:57

Maybe people aren't in a position to download yet. If u feel lazy just copy paste the readme.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 15:44:32

you realize that if you are in fact fighter2005, that buying the rights to a game is not going to give you immunity from being banned right? Just pointing that out.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-03-08 15:47:18

I won't download this game. Not because I don't like it, but just because I do not know what it is about and because of the fact that the developer just says: "look at the readme". It's your game, and if you're too lazy to just tell us what it's about, then I do not think it's realy worth it. Don't wanna insult anyone here, just criticising.

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

Thumbs up +1

2020-03-08 15:51:07

@liam, no I'm not fighter2005. and if you want read me, here it is. Welcome to huntation!
++1: Introduction.
This game, made mostly in the stile of the first egg hunt, pretty much picks up where that game left off. In other words, this is sort of like a watered down version of super egg hunt, without all the bells and whistles.
++2: Keys.
Up, down, left and right: Move.
C: Check your x and y coordinates.
Escape: Exit the game.
++3: objective.
The main objective, is to see how many eggs you can get in two minutes. You will be notified once one minute has elapsed, then 30 seconds, then finally given your final score once the two minutes are up.
Eggs make this little beeping sound. Just run twoord one to grab it.
Clocks make a kind of fast ticking / clicking sound. Just run twoord one to grab it, just like with eggs. These give you 15 seconds extra time, so you'll most likely want these.
I hope you enjoy this little timewaster!

start of my signature.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 16:04:58

@1 shows me the exact behaviour that will convince me on not even opening the download link.
You want people to try your game, oh wait... The game that you bought, without giving even a proper description of the game? Claps
A potential user asks information and you reply with

secret_land wrote:

why don't you look at read me instead of asking me

Good.
I have an other question though.
Why should I even bother on downloading your game and reading the readme, if you as the developer , do not even share a piece of information?
Good work, keep it up.

Paul

2020-03-08 16:29:50 (edited by TheBlindSaiyan 2020-03-08 16:32:32)

Allow me to share this.
https://forum.audiogames.net/post/434505/#p434505, which should give you more details.
Whoever this guy is, he must have bought it from Ims-productions if what he says is true.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 17:10:57 (edited by secret_land 2020-03-08 17:12:12)

yes, there was such a topic, but charlie then wanted to sell his projects and the post is already very clear

start of my signature.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 17:46:54

Hi all,
I haven't read through this entire topic yet, but here's the report I just sent to the mods, just for clarification.
I did not give @secret_land any rights over this code. Please treat this as you would any other unauthorised fork and remove it. I'm not sure how this person got hold of it, I have a few ideas but that's neither here nor there.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 18:49:05

I bought it from ims. So if this is still a problem.

start of my signature.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 19:07:01

Huntation was never Ivan's game to sell, there for you have no rights to the game.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 19:09:28

Moderation:
SecretLand, before anything else happens, please consider this an official caution. Don't call Haily by her deadname. Do it more, and it'll be a personal attack and will merit a warning.

So here's the deal:
If Haily sold the rights to this project to anyone, that person now has legal rights to do with it as they please, unless there is or was a contract made which voids that person's right to resell. This sort of contract is not without precedent; to use a non-gaming situation where it comes up, sometimes people sell animals with a clause in the contract which stipulates that the owner will not sell the pet without consulting the original seller first. It's often a formality, but it's legally binding. So...yeah. If Haily sold this source code, she has lost the right to complain about it if such a contract was not brought into effect.
However:
If Haily has not sold the source code to this game - and honestly, if it's fairly similar to the original Egg Hunt, it might be a bit on the iffy side if she has - then no one has the right to redistribute it. Haily, I'd appreciate it if you confirmed your actions regarding this source code. You've made clear that you don't know how SecretLand got it, but that doesn't mean someone else didn't get it.

At this time, I'm going to remove the link in poast 1. Please do not repost the link or otherwise try and get around it. I believe there is more than enough evidence to temporarily suspend the spreading of this game. If further disclosure proves that SecretLand is in the clear, I will gladly reinstate the link and we won't have a problem with it being spread around. However, it needs to be said that in the event that this game was being spread without legal authorization, those responsible may find themselves on the wrong side of the rules, with all the attendant discipline which may result under the circumstances.

Put bluntly, if anyone directly involved in this situation has anything to admit or confess to, now is your chance. It will go much worse if this has to be dragged out or if truth has to be pulled out piece by piece.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 19:17:26

Oh, so this is a watered down version of super egg hunt? So basically, I can either: 1: Play a thing that is underfeatured and from the looks of it illegally obtained and distributed, or 2: Dig out my old super egg hunt reg key and download it onto this pc, because I'm arguably going to have a lot more fun playing that.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 19:22:52

looks like things are messed up badly.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-03-08 19:27:49

@jayde, the game was never soled to anyone, nor was the code distributed by me. However this person got the code, it was 100 per cent through elicit means.

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 19:28:49

well again drama and again pop corn.
Dude seriously people why you are not tired for getting banned and getting your reputation in this forum and elsewhere with that? Please answer.
in 2019 popular was tk tk tk tk tk, now huntation and tk both?
just, stop!

Yours kindly

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 19:39:23

Moderation:
Haily, thanks for clarifying.

I'm not going to pull the trigger on this instantly, as we'll need to discuss what's going to happen here, but suffice it to say that as of now, we have word from the dev of Huntation that this project's source code was not given away or sold to anyone, which means that unless Haily herself distributes the game or gives written permission for another user to do so, it's going to be covered under unauthorized forks or illegal distribution.

For future reference, folks, just don't do this. It just wastes time, and pretty much guarantees you a quick and permanent trip to the freezer. Pending further investigation, I, personally, will be advocating for a permanent ban. We're not kidding around with illegal distribution and unauthorized source code, folks. It doesn't matter if the game is fully fleshed out and amazing, or full of bugs, or forty percent finished, or a copy of concept (as appears to be the case here). If you don't own it, do not act like it's yours. Don't spread links around unless said links are already freely being shared with the legal owner's consent.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2020-03-08 19:46:53 (edited by ivan_soto 2020-03-08 19:47:27)

Please let me clarify very quickly, before this gets a little out of control,
I never, ever, sold this game to anyone. actually, I don't even have it's sourcecode.
I'm not sure how this person dragged my name into this, but nothing was sold.
Thanks

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com