2020-03-09 15:16:50

49:
You may also be lying. You have offered no proof.
A claim is just that. A claim.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-03-09 15:41:17

I'm not lying. I said one of 2 people. Your ears are great.

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 15:45:38

Well if I really *sold* the game to you, show the message history, paypal email, etc.
I'm sure we talked about it, right? I'm sure it's logged somewhere. Let's go!

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-03-09 15:56:15

My ears work fine. Again. Prove it.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-03-09 16:02:25 (edited by secret_land 2020-03-09 16:03:43)

date 21.01.2020, I asked Haily if he would like to sell the huntation to me, but he didn't accept it. At the moment in history, I asked Ivan, he said he gave one more person, he could give me, but I should pay some money. When I paid, and I got it. Then I read haily and Ivan's flame war posts on somewherw. Oh, it was a very strong war and there was no winner.

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 16:07:57

Well I guess my memory is falling apart then.
I give you the ok to post our so called conversation in the topic.
I'll be wating...

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-03-09 16:44:57 (edited by ignatriay 2020-03-09 16:46:15)

@55, nope... The proof you provided is just... no. It has to be something more concrete than what you posted, anyone can do what you just did and claim, oh yeah, this and this happened. Ivan already gave you permission to post the so called conversation history between the two of you so... what are you waiting for? Personally, your case looks very, very bad from where i'm standing. But if you have concrete evidence that this game was sold to you and can prove all of us wrong, then by all means, go for it...

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 16:45:01

@49 First rule of business: contracts or it didn't happen.

As a casual participant in this forum, this whole bullshit theft/repackage/release cycle is the biggest dumpster fire I've ever seen. If you can't produce tangible proof of ownership, and I don't mean more slapped-down dates with your own assertions of what happened on those dates, then IMO this topic should just be closed. No more insultes, no more dismissals. Then, maybe eventually, developers will learn to stop being underhanded and start being creative again.

Thumbs up +1

2020-03-09 17:31:39

Okay, so here's what we have:

1. Haily says that she trusted someone with the source. She has not named this person, but one way and another, this unnamed person is likely to be the source of the leak.
2. Haily has stated that she did not at any time transfer the source, or rights to distribute the game, to anyone. This means that if anyone but Haily did this, they're in violation of rules and will be dealt with.
3. Ivan has stated that he does not own the source, has not bought it, has not subsequently sold it to anyone because he recognizes that he had and has no right to do so.
4. SecretLand claims he bought this from Ivan, but cannot provide definitive proof.

So here are the possible conclusions that can be drawn.

1. Ivan and Haily are lying in order to frame SecretLand
Rationale: Both Ivan and Haily have it out for SecretLand for some reason. There was a transfer, but it was shady and they'd rather not honour it. There's some sour grapes going on here now that SecretLand has gone and published the game.
Evidence in favour:: Very little. SecretLand's word that he bought the game from Ivan, and circumstantial evidence to suggest that both Haily and Ivan have made mistakes before (Haily with trust, Ivan with dependability and ethics).
Evidence against: Ivan and Haily's stories both match. Haily has been honest about being less than strict about the control she had over her code, and the subsequent leak. Ivan has been asking for proof from SecretLand, which does not come across as the actions of a guilty party with something to cover up. SecretLand's accusations seem outlandish. The theory asks us to trust a person who has as yet not given proof that they now own the game and its source code.
2. SecretLand tried to pass something off as his own when it wasn't
Rationale: SecretLand may or may not know how to code, but he also may or may not know that the Egg Hunt games, originally written by Liam, were fairly popular. Wishing to cash in on this, SecretLand used code he had no right to possess in order to make available a game for which he has no distributor rights. He has no dev history before, and is strongly suspected of being an alternate of a user who had a great deal of prior dabbling with unauthorized forks and distribution.
Evidence in favour: Both Ivan and Haily appear to be transparent, providing proof when asked and seeking proof in turn when counterclaims are made. Haily admits that there was a code leak related to at least one person she trusted with private assets allegedly not honouring their privacy. SecretLand's story appears uncertain, and proof has not yet been demonstrated. Ivan has admitted that he does not have distributor rights to this game even though SecretLand claims to have bought the game from Ivan.
Evidence against: Plain and simple. Hearsay. Someone is obviously lying, and it is technically possible that SecretLand is telling the truth. Haily has acted rashly before, and Ivan has upset players in various ways. Owing to the unauthorized code leak, Haily and the unnamed person responsible have made the situation muddier.

Based on all the evidence at this point, I see a whole lot more evidence in conclusion #2, as opposed to conclusion #1, which looks kind of like it's made of spiderwebs.

Folks, do yourselves a favour from here on out. Lock up your code and be way, way more careful with it. I am in no way going to start victim-blaming here, however, and neither should anyone else. If you didn't use best practice to secure your assets, then it's equivalent to leaving your door unlocked and getting burglarized. That burglar is the one truly responsible, but you sure didn't make the burglar's life any harder by leaving the door unlocked.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +5

2020-03-09 18:48:25

As further evidence against secret_land, I hereby present post 7 of the topic located at URL https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3316 … ne-in-bgt/
The post reads as follows:
BGT has a computer id and account prohibition system. Computer ID is prohibited to occur until you reset your computer or upgrade to another version of windows. The account system is already open, you will be banned from the account

Not only doesn't this make any sense, but several other users later confirm in the same topic that BGT does, in fact, have no such account system of any kind or nature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 19:10:54

I did not say that BGT is a built-in account system, only if you have coded the account system, I will mention that you can be banned from there.

start of my signature.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 19:14:58

I am also very curious. What does this have to do with it, write this on the subject of christian 96

start of my signature.
end of my signature.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 19:22:14 (edited by omer 2020-03-09 19:23:12)

if haily revealed the whole storry, this thing probably ended by now

2020-03-09 19:23:44 (edited by ivan_soto 2020-03-09 19:25:07)

Mr. Secret_land, where are my chat logs? I'm still waiting man.
I can't wait to read them because... well, my memory went splat that day I guess. Maybe I did it in my sleep?
Or perhaps someone drugged me into doing this and deleted our messages from my computer.
Given the fact that I work from home, I haven't really left the house that much in the last month, so unless my family did it, I really doubt it.

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-03-09 20:24:26

I'm just gonna come out and say that if proof doesn't materialize to back your claim pretty soon, SecretLand, I'm going to suggest moving forward as if conclusion 2 (i.e., you're lying, and never had any right to the code) is true.

This would mean the following:

1. Whoever used Haily's code in the first place without authorization, you  should be ashamed of yourself. Haily trusted you and you violated that trust. She bears some responsibility for not being cautious, but you are ultimately at fault, whoever you are, for starting this. She thought she could trust you, and whether that's poor judgment or simply means that you tricked/deceived/otherwise manipulated her, the onus is on you.
2. SecretLand, regardless of who he got the source from, is not at liberty to distribute it, and the case will be processed according to the rules.
3. Going forward, it is known that until stated otherwise, no one except Haily has the right to distribute Huntation. Until she says differently, the game is essentially dead. If she wishes to transfer the rights, or to destroy the game outright and outlaw all future distribution of the game, those are both her right to do.
4. I will personally be seeking to make SecretLand's punishment greater on the basis that he attempted to draw in another innocent party (Ivan) into the situation. Because at this point you're not just redistributing code, you're trying to pull someone else under the bus to take your place. Not cool, and not going to work.

So yeah. That's what's coming down the pipe unless some real evidence to support you comes up soon, SecretLand. And do us all a favour; don't fake it, because we'll know, and it'll only go worse for you.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 21:02:35 (edited by mohamed 2020-03-09 21:35:30)

ok there it  goes. though i says will not post but if i not things will  became  more crazy
*D  Zombie mohamedSulaiman: and btw, seekret_land. how is yor steelling going?
Soldier belatrix: ooh fun
*D  Zombie mohamedSulaiman: fun? huh?
Soldier belatrix: yes and if you will sent this talks to the forum yeah I know that
*D  Zombie mohamedSulaiman: bla. no need. every one knows that you are indeed
Soldier belatrix: haahahhaah
think this is  enough to prove things

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 21:19:09

thumbs up at 59

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 21:30:51 (edited by ignatriay 2020-03-09 21:42:07)

@ivan... dunno, maybe someone used devil's breath on you and that's why you don't remember doing it? :d hahaha.
Ok, all joking aside...
@66: That conversation from sbp is confusing as heck. Especially when secret garden says,
Soldier belatrix: yes and if you will sent this talks to the forum yeah I know that
Uh, was that a threat, or am I reading this in a wrong way? Not only that, but wasn't there a user here called  belatrix that was band from the forum a while back?
@Secret garden: don't make this any worse for yourself, just come clean. Granted, this won't revert your punishment, but don't soil your dignity any further than what you already have.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 21:48:14 (edited by mohamed 2020-03-09 21:49:04)

I don’t know what he means by that,  but seriously what is the point of doing all of that? strange guys...

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 21:52:41

It is the alcohol, Ivan. Those blackouts are some mean bastards.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2020-03-09 21:56:08

At post 70,
all I must say to this is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjtpp90lu8

Ivan M. Soto.

2020-03-10 01:56:48

Several people to address in this post:

1. Secret_Land. Did you say that Haily claimed the source from Eben? As in, Eben AP? Also, all the evidence is really stacked aginst you, and this is further agrivated by you refusing/evading posting evidence  of your purchase of the source from Ivan. If you really did, go ahead. Put your stay on the forum where your fingers are. Copy and paste the skype messages. The Paypal email, the bank statements, the whatever. I'm sure, you must have had some conversation with Ivan, because if you aren't Fighter, judging by your typing style, you're not American. So, its clear that you didn't speak with him in person.
1.1 My theory.
You bought/aquired the source from Eben. You modifyed the code, and claimed it as yours. I haven't played this, or even the old one, or even Egg Hunt, by L-Works, but whatever you did, you claimed it as yours.
Your hands got dirty with molasses, but instead of offending/ruining your friendship/tossing your friend under the bus, you wiped the molasses on the next unexpecting person, who just happened to have a connection with the project. Ivan.
Your plan unravels right before your very eyes, as Ivan unexpectedly and quickly responds to you by challenging you to post the chat logs, or any other prof for that matter.
To try and combat this, you try to evade his challenge, by answering others. Its like not making eye-contact when you know your lying, but in text form.
I think that's the story in a nut shell. Right?
2. Haily, why did you lie to us in the first place? Had you come out clean before, and told us that you gave the source to someone, this would have been an open and shut case. But you chose to keep it from the public, thus giving SL ammunition. Next time, do come out with the facts from the start. And this should go for everyone, matter of fact.
3. Rory, my main man. Your post was really awesome, well-written, and even made a tear pop in my eye, however, it was a waste of your time, energy and thought.
Unfortunately, posts like yours are just skipped over, because their constantly told the same thing. Lets use yourself as an example. How many times have persons on the forum told you to stop playing constant battle? I've been reading about it on the forums, yet still seeing you online. I think the both of us were online for the christmas night event. I stopped playing the game, but I finally realised how unbalanced the game is, and how boldface the devs of that game are. I can imagine how much cash, US cash, they rack in just off explosive tapes alone. Mason gets zero dollars out of any of that, even though he put in the sweat, tears, and had to go through all the drama, together with poor Sam who almost killt himself because of their clonery.  I think they'll finally learn when they take the effort to create a game of their own, or lets just imagine for a minute, they made a clone called, Strife of Life, or SL. Its a clone of ultrapower, with more life sim stuff baked in the mix. Its adored by all the clone-playing community. However, you get the source code to SL, and make all the paid items in your version, called Life Battle. Everyone leaves SL, and heads over to LB in droves. I think if something were to happen to people like Secret_Land and others, they may finally shape up, or maybe, they just don't give a shit. They know they can just change up a couple things, and join the forum over and over again, repeatedly, with no form of consciquence. Let's just say the forum could permiban a person. OK. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm banned from a random forum filled with a bunch of bastards who always complain! and mods who alwways ban and not listen to anuone! ooooooooooooooooooooo! I' so damn scared! 
This was my post, and I think it was the longest I've ever written. I do hope this situation is resolved, and all the parties involved can learn the lesson taught to them, by their mistakes, and other forum users can also learn from their example.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-03-10 02:14:57

Uh, okay, hold on a seck, let's backtrack slightly. Eban AP has nothing to do with this situation. I soled him minefield, that's all, it was only brought up here because for whatever reason fighter2005 mentioned it. Let's not be dragging inisent people into this drama. Also, now you're accusing me of lying? I'd like to see proof of that accusation. About the worst I did in this topic was withhold information, and even then I've been more than happy to provide info where prompted. I honestly didn't for see things taking this long, it should be pretty clear just by this guy's posts alone who's lying and who isn't. I'll fully admit I made mistakes, big ones, in the past regarding this code, and in many ways this hole thing is my fault, but that also doesn't give random people on the net the right to do whatever they like with my work just because they got it from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend's boyfriend's best friend's brother, etc etc etc, not to mention frame people who've done nothing wrong and drag others into this conversation who had nothing to do with any of this to begin with.

Thumbs up

2020-03-10 02:51:54

Haily, lie was in a poor choice of words in my part. Withholding info would have been better wording. As for Eben, I knew he was cocky, however, I, I know he wasn't a cloner. He's a dev, making a rather intresting game, and I was flabbergasted to hear from Li Ar here, that they were associated. SL, I really and holy hope your happy. You've managed to drag multiple people through the mud, in a pethetic attempt to cover your ass. And as for that, its really schocking to see the mods still have you around. As I said, in time yule come to learn the error of your ways. When that day comes, I'll be the first to welcome you with open arms, however, as it stands, people like you are not welcome in our community, and that's the reason for your bans. Goodbye, and come back when you're willing to share information about your games, which you coded by yourself, and didn't takesingle line of code from anyone's code.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-03-10 03:25:47

I wouldn't even go that far. I'd say "don't bother coming back", myself. Because this sort of person clearly is not learning from their mistakes if they are who I think they are.

Yeah, Haily didn't lie, so good on you for stepping that one back a bit. We all misspeak from time to time. She's been pretty good about letting us know what's happened, and has admitted that she hasn't made the best choices. Again though, even if she didn't make the best choices, the ones responsible are the ones who took advantage of her mistakes. No ifs, ands or buts about that.

Thumbs up