2019-07-25 17:10:17

The Chinese games have good concepts. Battle of Armageddon could be amazing if the balance was better, and Dreamland's combat, if it was actually more than just seeing who could mash out more skills, would be amazing. The skills themselves are good concepts, but are just that, good concepts. With Chinese games, there's a lot of flash and fancy surface things, but not much underneath it.

Discord: clemchowder633

Thumbs up +1

2019-07-25 17:30:12

The opposite can be said about the japanese games, IMHO. This is not to start an argument, because we both know that you're more experienced in terms of games.
This is just to express my private opinion.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-07-25 17:37:46

BTW, the communication is bad both in China andJapan. From japanese developers, only Nyanchan speaks good english.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-07-25 17:50:20 (edited by assault_freak 2019-07-25 18:02:59)

Opinions are fine, I'm not disagreeing with you. And a language barrier is not the same thing as bad communication. smile Galaxy Laboratory developers read this forum. I am simply the one who posts here because I speak English, but they're contstantly asking me what foreign players think. And what do you mean the opposite can be said of Japanese games? Like you said above, no arguing here, everyone has their different opinions and preferences, which is fine. IF you were refering to that many things in Japanese games are good concepts that need work, that is already known. This is why PS is taking so long, instead of coming out last year like was originally stated.

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 18:06:40

Out of topic a bit, how do you guys even manage to get chinese games to work. They seem complicated as hell.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 18:22:17

Most of the chinese games require you to download what most people would consider outdated runtime and distributable libraries. The hard part is figuring out which ones you have and which ones you don't. Once you do that, most of them work well enough, bu there are still games that have weird issues only experienced by certain people but not others.

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 18:29:31

i am writing a very extensive article on that topic.
Its over 1 MB in pure text.

@AssaultFreak, let's take Bokurano Daiboukenn III as an example.
I really love this game, I really do but the balance there is horible,
As you probably know, there's that magic level (25,3), in that magical level there is a room, where you need to go up with  an elevator but to not make it so easy, there are blades constantly swinging at you. You cannot pass this without having 1K defense.
But, overaqll the game's too easy, even on hard difficultes the only thing I needt o do is hold right arrow and space.
On the other hand, in Battle Of Armageddon you have to think, think constantly, plan your actions carefully. Think about how many items you'll use on your quest and so on and so forth.
next thing is the sound design. In japanese games, it's OK to say the least. Weapons aren't sounding as they should. I know, this might be because of the budget of the developers. I can swallow that if it comes t o Nyanchan.
But how much the Dreamy Train costs? 30 dollars, 40? I don't know so if I am mistaken please correct me on that one.
And what sounds we hear in the demo? The only thing that differs from Shadow Rine are the character SFX and the music.
Is that OK for the players who have paid for the product in order to support further develop[ment of that game's company?
Yes, I know, Battle Of Armageddon has not the best soundscape ever, but this is the first  game of Yulong, the game's developer. And he's all in one as far as I am aware.
I hope my elaboration is understandable.

2019-07-25 18:40:24 (edited by assault_freak 2019-07-25 18:44:42)

The difference is that Battle of Armageddon's balance is bad as well... BK 3 is meant to be a straightforward action game, it's not meant to be one where you think about your actions and strategize. lol Battle of Armageddon's balance is also bad, but apparently that's a matter of opinion as well. haha.
Regarding sound design, play any mainstream Japanese game and you will also see that the sounds are exaggerated and unrealistic. Even in Japanese movies. It's part of the way they design things, for some reason... and I can't really tell you any more about that. If you put, for example, swords sounds from a hero's call into planet saga, which many would consider more realistic, that would make the game's atmosphere different from what is being intended. Again, look at Japanese game design in this genre, even in the last 5 years and you will see this nod to classic sound fx and over the top sounds. Soul Calibur 6, Samurai Warriors 4, and any game in the Yakuza series are all good, modern examples of this. Music as well. There are developers who compose music with old midi engines on purpose to get that retro feel.

Galaxy Laboratory is actually only one guy as well, he just has different people cooperating with him on different games. dreamy Train costs $30, but also has multiple trains, multiple courses. But yes, it is slightly overpriced for what you get... but if you're judging game prices based on their sound design, you may want to dig deeper than that. Price is made up of a lot of different things.

Let me ask you then. What would have to be done to make planet saga more appealing to you? Please give examples. Be as detailed as possible. smile I'm honestly curious to know. And I am going to reemphasize, no argument or offense is intended. I do enjoy this discussion.

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 18:49:02

Well, this is really interesting discussion. smile
Shadow rine was just great game, justg great and after playing the test version of PS I could say: "Well, maybe the engine is a bit similar but there are a lot of changes" After hearing to the latest materials? Well, it sounds just great and I don't mean audio design but mechanics.

For me? There's nothing you can adjust, there's nothing you can add because I don't know the whole game so hard to tell but everything sounds as it should for me.
Fancy and superb sound design isn't everything but it should fits the product. Many games contains not realistic audio design and what? Is it bad? No, it's not. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 18:50:38

Ok I guess this is even more off topic but ,,, what is Battle of Armageddon and where do I try it?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 18:52:01

Shadow Line was definitely not perfect. There are many things I would've done to make the game better, but is it a great game even with its flaws? I definitely think so. Not perfect, but great.

Thumbs up +1

2019-07-25 19:00:12

@assault_freak of course and this is why said great, not perfect. As a free game it gave me a lot of fun. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 19:09:04

Battle Of Armageddon is a chinese survival hoorror.
AssaultFreak, I know about the sound design, that's why I don't like japanese games so much.
I don't know wwhat could be done better, sounds, of course and please please please for the sake of goodness don't make the game easy like bbutter, even or harder difficulty levels.

2019-07-25 19:23:52

Soul cal's audio design took a more realistic turn with the 4th entry. Heck you can even change between the two being exadurated and realistic in options menu of that game.

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 20:13:05

There will be difficulty levels probably and it's something normal. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2019-07-25 20:29:53

@nuno69
1). Don't you think that something that's easy like butter for you, could be hard like diamond for others?
2). How can you love an easy game where all you need to do is hold right and space bar?
3). in bk3, you need to have at least 1k deffense to survive 25,3... but i completed it withouth that much deffense. how is it posible?
4). in survival horror games, you need to manage your resources, inventory, ammo, but you're comparing two different types of games here.
finally, in action rpgs, generally, not always but generally, you can break your character. in bk3 for example, i have the magic ball, that's enough, i have a broken character and i can complete it without effort.
bk3 is not easy, but if you overlevel your character, of course it will be.
about planet saga, i can't wait to try it.

@assault_freak.
Can you elaborate a bit more on the skills?. sorry if you've said it before but i have some questions, i don't know if you can answer all of them.
1). these skills, are character specific? like double jumping, healing...  or weapon specific? like triple arrow, or autocombo with swords?
2). is there a mechanic to balance these skills, like skill points so you can't overuse them?
if i'm not wrong, the demo had mp so i imagine you use that for skills.
3). can you level up skills?

that's all.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 00:11:22

@nuno, well, if you don't like Japanese games because of the retro sound design, I can't really say anything there. lol That's how Japanese sound design is. Anime, movies, games, all of it... very rarely will you find realistic sound design a priority. They believe in creating a good atmosphere rather than a realistic one. As for the game being easy, as mr.brunete said, that depends on what you define as easy. Your definition may be very diferent than someone else's, especially if you do everything you can to make your character overpowered.
@kenshira, sorry for the correction, but I think it was SC 5 that gave you the option to vary the sounds... 4 didn't have that. Though I'm still curious why that option has only appeared in one game. lol

@mr.brunete, I can't say much, but yes, MP is what prevents you from spamming skills, and also:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Skills are not character specific, but based on style. Anymore than that I will not say, as there is much that still has to be finalized.

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 01:30:34

Yes, that's why I always say that its only mine and mine opinion

2019-07-26 06:50:53

Well, better a good storyline, a large world to explore and an extensive skill and item set in japanese games then chinese games which grab your money at every corner possible, at leased most of them do.

They always sound great new and awesome but if you play for some hours, you start noticing that every game is basically the same in the end.

Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 07:20:22

Hello,everyone. I am a Chinese player. First of all, I am sorry that I can't speak English, so I use translation. I would like to translate this game into Chinese. I hope this game will be released as soon as possible.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 07:26:42

I also want to translate Shadowline into Chinese. Many Chinese players like Shadow Rine very much. I hope I can translate it. I'm sorry again. I can't speak English.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 09:11:44

wow, i'm surprised by the quality of this translator.

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 10:01:52

@397 I always trold everyone that chinese is the best
Luyi, welcome here friend! I hoped you'll join in soon!
@Simba, Battle of Armageddon does not get your money, in fact its very cheap for what you get

2019-07-26 10:03:12

P.S. I have not seen a japanese game with a good storyline. Soul Calibur VI is an exception

2019-07-26 11:10:14

Oh, really? Most of the japanese stuff I've played was just great in terms of gameplay and story. Final fantasy series, Secret of mana, Dragon quest, Legend of zelda and so on. Don't forget who stands behind the top consoles like Playstation or Switch. Nintendo and Sony are making excellent stuff from years and there are smaller devs, who are making fantastic games. Vanilla ware could be as a good example.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up +1