2019-07-08 03:43:55

I think the aim of both SR and to a lesser extent Planet Saga is to replicate the kind of JRPG like zelda we don't get to play very often. Certainly that's where we're drawing most of our inspiration from. Japanese action rpgs in general.

Discord: clemchowder633

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 05:28:29

How long the game will be? No idea if you finished the script for the story etc so I am not expecting you know but I am missing a real action FRPG for hours. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 05:30:36

Can't tell you that as none of us know. But I think it's safe to say it'll be a minimum of 10 hours. That is a completely random number though, just a prediction that could change very drastically.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 06:52:58 (edited by RTT entertainment 2019-07-08 07:05:48)

I’ve just got a few more questions. So, as far as I understand it, the game will be free but the translation will be paid? Or will it be the other way round? Also, will there be multiple towns and villages? Why all the wilderness areas  are in 2D  but the villages are in 3-D?  Are there any side activities that we can do? I’m talking about little time wasters.  Will the game use the same sound?  Also, will the enemies and characters have some form of artificial intelligence? Thanks in advance. Edit, just a few more questions. You don’t think the game will be out by the 25th of September, do you? I am going to space camp for interested visually impaired students and I would like to play the full version while I am on the plane. Also, will the stream be in English so that we can understand it? Let me just clarify. I’m not asking for a release date.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 07:23:11

Shadow line was about half of that but the unlockables and extras easily brought me back over and over again.

The reason why this reminds me of zelda 2 is because similarly, the overworld and towns are done in top-down perspective, while dungeons are side-scrolling. There was a golden axe rpg that did this as well. The only audio game that came close to this style was bk1, and I kinda wish we had more like it, which is why I'm totally psyched for this.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 07:33:34

@329, see 319 about if the game is paid. Your question has already been answered. And the rest of your questions are all answerable by playing the demo. If enemies did not have artificial intelligence, they wouldn't be enemies and would just stand in one spot, obviously. The demo will show you if there will be multiple towns and villages...
As I said, I won't project a release timeframe for the game. That includes not saying whether or not I think the game will be out by the 25th of September. But I encourage you to play the demo again and dig as much information you can out of it... that is the whole point of a demo, after all.

@330, I actually didn't know that about Zelda, never having played any of them.But about Shadow Line, yes, that kept me coming back time after time as well. And we haven't even talked about postgame contentyet as part of the team, we want to get the main stuff ut of the way first. But again if I had to gues, I would say the main game by itself will probably take a fair amount of time if you want to 100% everything, or if you're playing through it for the first time.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 07:37:21

Thank you so much for the answers. Also, would I be allowed to make a video on it? I heard you had to ask the developers for permission. Unfortunately I do not speak Japanese.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 08:01:51 (edited by Dark 2019-07-08 08:02:41)

Just out of interest, what is the status of the translation here?
Will the game be in English or Japanese, and how about the demo?

The only reason I've not checked this out myself, is I've still to get the Jgt addon working with NvdA, though I admit that is something I should take care of, to play shadowline if nothing else.

Oh, and sorry if this question has already been asked, I had a skim through this page but I have not read the entire 330 or so posts of this topic through big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-08 08:27:12

Dark, check the post 321

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 08:28:18 (edited by assault_freak 2019-07-08 08:29:22)

The game will be available in both languages. The demo, however, is not translated because I didn't get asked to be part of the team until after the demo was already done. I have translated most of the menus so far, as well as good bit of NPC dialog and item management sections of the game. But I still have to translate weapon names. I am leaving the main story for last as that's still being written. Probably not what most people want to hear, but it's efficient imo to translate the story when it's finalized in case entire sections need to be rewritten. All that is solidified for the moment though has been translated.

@332, people have been making videos since the demo came out. So go ahead...

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 09:06:47

Thank you so much. I shall do so later. Also, let me rephrase. When I was asking about artificial intelligence, I was not talking about basic movement. I was asking if enemies would be able to do more complex things. Also, one thing that I really think would be cool is the ability to drive vehicles.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 10:03:01

I always got the feeling that they crash landed in a world where technology wasn't advanced enough for vehicles.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 12:23:16

hi all
yesterday was stream
maybe I can listen or download?
if yes where?
thanks

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 12:44:00

It should be available (or it is already there) on their youtube channel.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 14:04:06 (edited by assault_freak 2019-07-08 14:04:21)

@336, they can do more than basic movement.. they can attack and track you. More than that, I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the ability for them to make tactical decisions, then no... because that kind of thing needs people who specialize in programming game AI. And about vehicles, check post 337. Nailed it on the head Kenshira!

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 19:01:58

@Assault freak that's cool. I'll probably wait for more translation fixes before I try the thing, but it'll be fantastic to have this to look forward to in a couple of montths.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-08 19:05:11

@dark, I'm not sure what you mean by translation fixes... the game will be released with as complete of a translation as I can make it, with what's left over being added quickly or fixed whenever people start findng issues. If people wait for things to be fixed before trying, I won't know what else needs to be done EG: the more people try it as soon as it's released, the better I can make it.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 20:06:35

Hi.

Yes, hype is definitly real for that game, I always find it astonishing that games from japan are surperior to most western games, curious why that is. My own thought would be that the developers form a game for them selves with ideas they want to have in the game and then release it to the public.
Don't know why that isn't the case with most audio games.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 20:08:39

What I mean is, from the sound of it the demo isn't playable without the JGT addon and google translate, whereas it sounds like the full game will have a relatively complete translation, albeit one which, like Breed memorial might need a couple of tweaks here and there.

Since I've not used the Jgt addon yet, I'll wait until the full game.

Hope this makes sense, and if I've missunderstood something fair enough.

2019-07-08 22:15:49

@343: Mostly good audio games are made by people who are playing video games a lot and they experienced things from mainstream titles so in ambitious projects they are dropping these things in to their projects. As far as I know from japanese wiki on Galabo, site the devs are playing video games on different systems.
I am, of course not saying western developers are not playing games but there must be something in it as games from Japan are most ambitions and complex I've experienced in my whole life and this is why I am trying to change everyone's minds to just try the J-audio games before giving up and saying "No, too much tools to use and translate or I just want to have a full english experience without playing something translating it"

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 23:06:23

Hello. oh nice game. really cool. but few things which I wana to tell. I do not like this echo  or twice sound when you walk, and you are near wall or something. it is very confusing. second, when I will jump throught pit, the sound of pit will be silend untill I will be back on the ground. So I think that it will be fixed at full version.

Thumbs up

2019-07-08 23:10:39

Western developers have played mainstream games as well. That isn't the determining difference... the determining factor is that there are few developers who are willing to take years to make a game. And western games are usually coded by one person, two at most. Bokurano Daibouken 3 took years to make, and was made by two people who cooperated. Shadow Line also took years between the normal version and the updatedd full voice edition which got suported by updates for two years afterward. This game is being made by a team of 7, before including voice actors which haven't been found.

But this same quality standard can be seen in the mainstream game world as well. Look at Call of Duty and all the sports games that pump out a series entry once every year like clockwork, and get supported for a year at maximum, with focus on content and flashy fluff. Japanese games are much more simple, especially fighting games, and sweeping statements like te ones I am making need to be taken with a grain of salt. But games have years between releases, and last for a very long time.
In essence thogh, Lirin is right... Japanese developers, mainstream or audio, make games that they want to make to enjoy for themselves, as well as making it fun for the people who will buy it. Western developers think about how they will make the most sales and, in the case of triple A studios, how they can meet deadlines and development costs. This is why indie games made by westerners are sometimes more enjoyable than their big budget equivalents. And for audio games well, when one gets released every couple months from the same handful developer, you can see how much they care about quality...

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 00:58:16

Hi:

Looking forward to this one, especially since I played through some of the demo. Is the demo being updated with the changes, or do we have to wait until release to see those?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 01:23:01

And do you have any info when this game will be out?

Thumbs up

2019-07-09 02:53:12

@Post 349 Since I've read through a fair number of the earlier posts that answered that question, I'll answer. The short answer seems to be the game's release date  will be announced when the team is good and ready  to announce it. Until then, wait patiently. The best cure for that kind of waiting, at least in  my experience, is to find something else to play.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

Thumbs up