2019-07-26 11:58:43

... maybe there should be a Battle of Armageddon topic? Just so the PS topic doesn't get cluttered. THis is a really interesting discussion. I have one last question. Why is it that we see quite a lot of Chinese audiogame MMORPGs, but hardly any Japanese ones? Or any western ones, for that matter. This in spite of the fact that MMORPGS aren't quite as popular as they used to be in China, at least according to an article I've read recently. I'll track it down later for anyone who wants to read it for themselves. I can think of four or five Chinese MMORPGs that are audiogames, but no Japanese or western ones.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 12:44:10

I want to share a game. It is a cartoon interactive game I wrote. The name of the game is smart Ikkyuu. It is based on a Japanese cartoon. How do I share this game so that everyone can download it?I feel sorry again, I can't speak English.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 14:22:27 (edited by nyanchan 2019-07-26 14:23:40)

Awwww, off topic, I know I know, but here it goes.
As I observe, Chinese devs are considering, or trying to make distributing mmorpgs "a new business". In other words, it looks like they are trying to "live" by it. On the other hand, known Japanese developers (in this post, Galabo, morokuma and I) aren't. I don't know about mm since I haven't talked with him for a while though, morokuma and I are sharing the same thoughts, "We cannot handle online stuff for various reasons, especially when it comes to centralized one".

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-07-26 14:49:40

Luyi, create a new topic in the new release room.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-07-26 15:26:01

Well imho, I find that Japanese games are much much better than Chinese ones in terms of lots of factors like story and gameplay. For the retro sounds I completely disagree with nuno, actually I’ve found that the sound design in this game is fantastic, this type of sounds do really suit such a game if you take a look at similar Japanese and mainstream RPG’s, they’re like that when it comes to sounds.
Kinda quick looking post but I’m just typing via my phone lol

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 16:39:20

Luyi欢迎。 不会说英文没关系。 这里的外国朋友们玩中国游戏的时候也是用翻译系统的。能沟通就可以了。

Discord: clemchowder633

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 16:43:39

I don't dispute the fact that some of the Chinese games are quite good. If Battle of Armageddon had better balance, and didn't have such a finicky system for buying extra content, it would be one of the best games around. I actually really enjoyed it asfar as I got, but got to a point where I couldn't continue because my inventory simply didn't have the right items because I missed several, and so had to start over. No games should be like that... hidden items are all well and good, but those are usually reserved for the most powerful ones, not ones you actually need to beat the game. But the story, sound design, and gameplay are all decent.

As to MMO RPGS, Nyanchan said it best. It's hard to handle and manage a central base of hundreds of players as one or two people. It becomes much easier when, as in China, you make a business out of it, and where the blind population is probably higher than in either Japan or the US.
@sky-lord, that's because this translator is human...

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 17:07:06

@assault_freak: Yeah, that was one reason from few more why the game pushed me back. Hiddent stuff is always a great thing but not for completing a section or the whole game. It is just not fair and makes me frustrated a lot.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 17:09:49

I would like to translate some Japanese games into Chinese, but the development environment used by these games does not support Chinese. If changed to Chinese, many words will be missed, so I do not know what to do. I hope  can understand translate
这里有能看懂中文的朋友我顺便说说这个情况,因为我翻译出来不一定能表达准确,就是说我拿nn系列或者是sr来翻译,出来的结果是,翻译出来了没错,但是会有一些字莫名被吃掉,就比如继续游戏,载入你上次保存的游戏会变成继续游?,载入你上次??的游?,不知道应该如何解决这个问题,或者有没有办法解决

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 17:35:16

Hi.

Well, when I first started the BK series I was honestly really turned off by the sounds, it's still the same with those anime sounds, I call them that way in the majority of brawlers in mainstream gaming, give me a good fighting system and some hard hitting sounds, you make me a happy man.

but, if you play those games for a long enough time, you start to not notice the sounds anymore as something annoying, they strangelly fit in and I enjoy games as planet saga or shadow rine.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 17:49:56

And this is why I always says gameplay is most important. That was the same 20 years ago and it is still the same. No matter how audio design is, important is the gameplay.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 18:40:39

I've always been partial to this style of sound design, and it's not only Japan. Watch classic Chinese kung fu films, and you will get the same idea. Wildly exaggerated sounds that aren't realistic, but add so much to the atmosphere... I would take that ind of sound design over the hard hitting hollywood sounds that seem to be everywhere west of Asia and which, funily enough, aren't actually realistic either! Neither are the sword slashes, draws, and clashes that most people call realistic.

Thumbs up

2019-07-26 21:59:42

thanks @assault_freak
That's enough for skills, now i want to try it even more!.

have any of you considered taking preorders?

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

Thumbs up

2019-07-27 16:04:35

@412 Yes I know, I also hate the chinese sound design when it comes to movies.
@413, nah,unless there will be some kind of a sweety surprise for a collector like me.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-07-27 19:38:28

Hi.

I think what people mean with realistic is possibly higher quality. Yes, sounds in western fighting games are not realistic, but ever since but spencer films came around punches have to sound like running into a wall with a peace of very old and crusty bread in your mouth if you get my point.

Greetings Moritz.

Thumbs up

2019-07-27 19:52:50

By realistic I mean sounds like in The Witcher III, for instance.

2019-07-27 20:14:31

Some people are forgetting one thing: Not every audio set fits the game. Imagine an arcade fighting game like Skullgirls with sounds from MK? That would be just a mess. When you are creating a sound for a game you need to know what game it is and everything regarding the setting.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2019-07-27 20:16:24

But that kind of sound design wouldn't fit the atmosphere of this kind of game, which is the point I am trying to make. And for reference, those sounds are not realistic... because real swords and bladed weapons don't sound like that. As someone who spends a decent time around swords because of Aikido, I can tel you that. Those sounds are also exaggerated, just not in the same way. big_smile But I see where you're coming from. I like that kind of sound design too when it's appropriate.

Thumbs up

2019-07-27 20:16:57

Hi.

At 416, so wait, realistic sounds in the Witcher. You mean like, realistic demon squeals and screems and realistic spel sounds?

Greetings Moritz.

Thumbs up

2019-07-27 20:19:25

He's talking about the sounds made by weapons. But what people here always tend to label realistic is far from it. lol If you actually wanted ealistic swords orpunches, those would be very boring... lol.

Thumbs up

2019-07-27 20:34:06

Hi.

Lol yeah true, I had the possibility to watch a show sword fight and experience some basic competitive sabre fighting. And yes, no flashy sounds there xd, but it was quite fun and exhausting in the end, it was mounted sabre clashing, so yeah.

Greetings Moritz.

Thumbs up

2019-07-29 11:05:53

Hi.

Ok, I feel incredibly stupid for asking this, but where is the mages house in the city?
I walked there from the village, found the hotel thinggy, did the egg quest but I can't find the house where that mage lives, is that outside the city?

Greetings Moritz.

Thumbs up

2019-07-29 11:23:58

I feel it is somewhere in the southern part of the city as far as I remember.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2019-07-29 11:28:58

yeah, kindda southwest, near the exit

Thumbs up

2019-08-22 18:07:22

I heard from a previous post about pre-ordering the game.
Is this possible?
Also, is there a precise release date of the game as of yet?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

Thumbs up