2020-02-20 10:43:55

Hi.
Sounds awesome. Amazing you have made a demo version as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-02-20 12:49:58

Hi,
I don't mind the new battle system, it's pretty fun!
My only critique, is that since there doesn't seem to be a way to increase your strength, you've gotta pound that up arrow for like 4-6 minutes for some of the stronger enemies; which seems a bit much maybe.
Thanks for creating a fun little game, and being so responsive to feedback!

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-02-20 12:55:24

Hi Matt!
There's a bit of a misunderstang about Nathan's strenght.
In fact as you level up he gets stronger, maybe it's not easy to spot because also enemies defence raises up (and also their health points) so you don't feel like you increase a lot.

Thanks for your feedback!

2020-02-20 17:06:34 (edited by Xvordan 2020-02-20 17:12:32)

This update does feel a lot snappier, with the keys in general being much more responsive. The game does still delay for quite a long time between room introduction and room title, though. You get the blurb on visiting a room for the first time, then it delays for like 2 or 3 seconds before saying you have arrived at x.

A feature I wish would've been added in this update is using the arrow keys as navigation shortcuts. Up takes the north exit (if there is one), down takes the south, right takes east, and left takes west. It's a little thing, but it would make navigating through areas you've already been familiarized with so much faster.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2020-02-20 18:12:42

I'm liking the new battle system, especially the way it has visual kews too.
One thing I found a wee bit odd, is that your told to "dodge left, centre or right" It might be better to tell the player to dodge right or left or block in the centre, since it's a bit none intuitive to have to dodge right for left, left for right, and then actually hit the down arrow for central attacks.

I also notice that when you encounter enemies who attack instantly like the alpha wolf, you don't always get their name spoken, which might be a bit sad for some of the later bosses in the game, including the final boss, who obviously have awesome names.
also, I love the battle music, though when I got killed, the battle music and death music played together which was a bit odd.

other than that though, I am liking the faster speed of the update and different feel of combat.
indeed, even though the game no longer has difficulties, I think the action combat will keep players more on their toes, and be easier to add to in future, EG different strengths of healing potions, or maybe different weapons for Nathan to use with different rates of attack and damage, or perhaps that affect time needed to dodge.

Either way I'll look forward to running through the game again.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-20 22:44:48

Sorry if this has already been reported but found quite a bug at least in the demo.  If you end a battle when you were attacked from the left or right, exploring the area afterwords keeps the describer voice in the left or right of your headphones. If finished with an attack in the middle everything is fine.  This definitely can keep the player from hearing important information if a battle is ended from the left or right.

2020-02-20 22:47:27

@106 I noticed that also.. Even the gong in The Demon would go off in the wrong direction sometimes..

2020-02-21 02:20:45

Do anyone know how long it takes to get the update after requesting it? I wonder if anyone else had problems sending the request?
Everytime I press the request button on the site that was given it acted like I didn't press the request button. Can someone send me the update?
My email is [email protected]

2020-02-21 04:17:10

I hear it ends up in some people's spam folders, at least thats what the e-mail I got said.

2020-02-21 08:12:14

Hi everybody. I have tried the new version of the game and I must say that it is much more beautiful! I really like the battle system. Finally a more interactive fighting style.
I also noticed what has already been said, namely that if the last attack of the battle is not in the center, the narrator's audio will also remain left or right for a long time.
Congratulations to the creators of the game for listening to the criticism and advice.
One last thing. In a future version, something else can be added to the healing potions, which are received for anything, even for completing quests.
Cheers.

2020-02-21 08:15:42

I have check both inbox and spam. There is nothing from them.
I wish they would add the update feature in the game. Then all you would have to do is to update the game from the menu.

2020-02-21 11:02:22

I can confirm the problem with the game voice continuing in the direction of the last attack at the end of battle.
That being said, that is just a bit odd, it's not a deal braker, although it might be something worth looking at.

I also notice that if you hit control key too quickly when going between areas, it continues speech of the area, but does not play the speech for the object you find.
It might be a bit more helpful to simply have the "you have reached such and such" messages just cut off if the player hits the tab key in the new area.

Other than that though, I'm definitely enjoying the new version a lot more, the quests are now working correctly (I now completed the carpenter's quest and the reptile man quest, which didn't work first time around).
And I like all the new enemy attack sounds.

I really hope we see expantion of the system in the future, but as it is, mixing a bit of light story driven exploring with real time hack n slash combat is a winning combination for me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-21 11:14:30

To BlindJay: thanks for your feedback! I already fixed this, in the next update will be fine.

To Cyco: the update arrives in a minute or so. Write to [email protected] if you haven't received it yet.

To Ambro86: I'm very glad you are enjoying the update. I tried hard and I'm really happy to see that all the feedbacks from the community have lead to this new version. Thanks for your feedback!

2020-02-21 11:22:22

To Dark: glad you are enjoyning the new version! Thanks for your kind words, and thanks for all your feedbacks!

2020-02-21 11:35:30

Alright, I'm sorry to say the habbit of the game of continuing  speech even after you move on is getting in the way slightly.
Beware! spoilage ahoy for those who haven't reached the desert.

I had just polished off a ghoul and was going to fight the necromancer, the "press control to continue" message unfortunately interupted the escription so I never had  necromancer described to me.

On the other hand, the battle was fun, indeed it'd be cool to have some different boss  music just to emphasise things a bit more.

I also wonder from a story perspective if the necromancer you meet in the desert and the one in the royal city are the same person? I assumed so, but the text never made it clear, since the necromancer battel just ends as if he were dead.
Perhaps, if the intention was to have the necromancer as a recurring enemy, after defeating him there should be a message like "the necromancer becomes a cloud of black smoke and sinks underground. Nathan isn't certain whether or not he is dead, though with a sorcerer who can himself raise the dead, that is an unanswerable question."

2020-02-21 20:54:59

@#115, I agree with you about the battle music being exactly the same for every battle. I even think that music was in one or more of the Inquisitor games.. Future chapters of Blind Quest should have more musical variety.

2020-02-22 00:01:24

I sent a email yesterday and today to that email address. However no one has return my emails.
This is discouraging to me about purchasing another game from this company do to this major issue.
Why not have a updater in the folder with the game? Then people would not have to go through this mess.
My email address [email protected]
If you or anyone could send me the update that would be great.

2020-02-22 21:18:15

@Cyco, I'm not sure if I can.. I'm not sure if my update link will work for you, because I entered in the e-mail address I purchased my copy of the game from. I didn't have to enter my activation key again, and I think its like that for everybody. I don't know if I will lose access to the game, and I haven't beaten it yet.

2020-02-23 06:35:33

It's all good. I finally got the update.
I am wondering something. I notice before I went into the stronghole there was a game keeper there.
He mention about bandits. However I don't know how to complete his quest.
I have killed a lot of bandits. Also there is someone there that is looking for some kind of wood to make toys. I have looked around and didn't see the wood he is looking for.
Can someone help me with these two quests?

2020-02-24 01:05:27

I don't remember a bandit quest.. I think he was just saying more bandits surfaced after the war.
After you talk to the carpenter, backtrack and interact with a few trees. You may need to go west rather than east, but try both directions, and all the trees. You will have to go back and talk to the carpenter.

2020-02-24 03:21:22

The tree for the carpenter is the one to the east, it's described as giving a large amount of shadee if I remember rightly.

2020-02-24 04:14:39

You're right, Dark. Its where the pickpocket is at..

2020-02-24 19:25:18

Okay I have now finished the game with the new combat mode and here are some thoughts.

Firstly, as I said, I really like the new combat, it makes matters more interesting. I particularly like all the different sounds for the creatures and the different attack speeds, those chrystal gargoils are down right freaky!

I was a bit disappointed that the ghosts didn't have different sounds to standard enemies, and that the sound of Nathan's own sword didn't change once it became enchanted, also as I said earlier, some boss music, and maybe some different ambience for the actual royal palace might be nice.

I also have a bug to report.
I completed the game and finished what I believe were all the quests, indeed I was pleased that all seemed to work, but I was still told I only finished the game for %80, even though I am sure I looked at everything.
Either this is because I missed something, or it is because the games tracking of quest completion isn't working as it should, though I do remember slj speaking of an issue like that.

in future it might be nice to have an actual quest book to track what you'd found and had left to find in the game, especially to give hints on replaying so you could try and find everything, which I confess I am sure I did.

I like the new combat system, however, I will say a number of battles did get rather long winded because of you needing to do the same thing over and over again. This was especially true in fights with the demon. Also, I was a little worried about a repetitive strain injury having to hammer the up arrow so many times big_smile.

So in light of that here are some combat suggestions, which might improve both circumstances.

1: Hold down up arrow for a stronger attack.
Hold to draw back the sword, and release to hitt for a more powerful strike. The longer it's held, the more powerful the swing. However, if Nathan is hit, or dodges, you lose the power.
so combat becomes a game of when to go for short jabs, and when to wind up and swing, rather than just hammering away.

2: attack range.

With the arquibus the signature weapon of Fraida, I was finding it a bit odd that you could just get in there and wail away with your sword, and that people usign the arquibus never had to reload, similarly with crystal dragons, poisonous giant todes and other enemies in the game.

so, my suggestion is to include long, and short ranged combat.

At long range, Nathan can only dodge incoming attacks, however he can use healing potions.
At short range, Nathan can attack with his sword.

Some enemies (like the arquibussiers), can only attack at long range, some enemies can only attack at short range.
some enemies attack far slower at long range than at short range, and some enemies (like the Necromancer who presumably can throw magical energies), are equally deadly at both.

The player can change range by hitting the tab key, cycling between "long" and "short" with a voice message.
However, enemies can also change range, and the player is informed when they advance or retreat, and since Nathan is a short range only fighter, he will need to advance to do damage.
What makes life more difficult, is that changes in range aren't instant, but last a few seconds, so the layer will need to watch their health more carefully, as using a healing potion will mean retreating.

combine this suggestion with the first, and you also have the potential for some very interesting sword maneuvers, EG if the player holds the up arrow right before hitting tab to close with the enemy, and winds up a strong hit when Nathan get's close enough.

Combine this idea with the above suggestion and you have some quite interesting battles.

3:Parrying.

I find it strange that Nathan never actually parries attacks with his sword, that he only dodges.
so, my suggestion is to implement a parry mechanic.

If the player holds the up arrow and another arrow at the same time when an enemy attacks, they execute a parry.
This does no actual damage, but increases the time before the next attack, giving Nathan more time to do damage, though of course, if the range suggestion above is implemented, this would only be possible at close range.

the only problem about executing a parry, is that firstly, if Nathan misses, he will be parried himself, and the enemy will get in a free hit.
the second problem, is that executing a parry, since it involves physically catching the opponents' blow with his own weapon, will jar Nathan's arm and actually cause him to suffer a minimal amount of damage himself, making them only really useful at the start of fights.

Again, combine this with the first suggestion regarding wind up attacks, and you have the makings for some tactical swordplay, EG if Nathan begins a fight with a parry, then winds up for a strong hit on his enemy whilst the foe is stunned.

Hope you like these ideas for either this game, or the next. and good luck with development.

2020-02-26 13:45:31

Hi Dark!
I really appreciate the fact that you put all this effort into giving feedbacks with this level of detail.
I'm of course reading this with attention, and I promise I'll take into consideration every little things you said.

Thank you very much!!

2020-03-01 00:07:02

bought the game, and no email key from the developer.
used [email protected] and
[email protected] but still did not get key

There's a place for me in this universe.