2020-02-06 19:12:06

Hi everyone,
Ok, I'll consider recording a gameplay trailer in the next few days so you can all see what the game is like!

To Cyco: thank you for your exitement, I hope to see your feedbacks soon wink

To Lirin: don't worry, I want to make the best out of this project, so thank you again for giving your opinion. For the fountain bug: in my source code it seems all fine but maybe something went wrong during the compiling of the build. I'll make an update that will be live tomorrow!

To Dark: thank you for your very comprehensive review. I'm really glad that you like the atmosphere, the world and the voice acting. We wanted to give a strong narrative experience. For the name: we understand why you don't like the title, but we have selected this name to be "market-friendly" (I hope you will understand our reasons).

To Xoren: our fault; we can read the texts a thousand times but something is gonna always be lost. I'll fix it in the new update! Also for the difficulty: we wanted to make the game playable by everyone; we had some testers that are not into rpgs and wanted only to proceed with the story, so in the first two difficulties it's really easy to go on. If everyone is not happy with that we'll consider changing the difficulty system.

Thanks to everyone who is taking time to talk directly with me; I hope to hear more from you in the next days.

2020-02-06 19:47:07

I admire your hard work. But just one thing that annoys me the most. Every big game that came out recently was using the turn based combat system, which I think, has become kind of boring. You *can implement an interactive (First person shooting style) combat system that visually impared users can handle. I ensure you if you do this you will get much more players. What's done is done though. Take this suggestion for the next titles.
Thanks.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2020-02-06 20:18:02

Putting blind in the title doesn't make it more market friendly.  I would've thought more about geting the game if the title was actually original and caught my attention. We know it's a game for the blind. The title doesn't need to state it again.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-02-06 20:45:29 (edited by Dark 2020-02-06 20:50:25)

I'm afraid I do not really  see why the word "blind" has to be included in the title.

The fact that this is an audiogame intended to appeal to blind people is evident by what the game is in and of itself, and in fact  than appealing to more people your title will likely have the opposite effect, since the goal of accessible games is inclusion and accessibility, IE, games with a similar ethos and appeal to those which sighted gamers enjoy, not special blind games that do blind things for the special blind people.

this is even more true in a game which, unlike a blind legend, doesn't have anything to do with blindness in it's story.

As I  said this wouldn't stop me from buying a game , but I admit, I an more inclined to try first and judge later, but those who judge by appearance, or at least title might not be so forgiving. Plus of course, sighted people are not going to play anything with "blind" in the title, since they will assume that "it's for blind people" and "not for them," which would be a shame given the work that has gone into the game's illustrations.

Personally, I'd have preferred if the game was either just called "enchanted castle" or, if it's intended as first in a series like the inquisitor games, if it were called something like "mercinary's quest." which has much more to do with the game and it's characters, and thus more welcoming to anyone who might want to try it.

While I like the idea of different difficulties, for me, combat is more rewarding if it takes work and if there is a chance my character could lose, which in turn based combat  means calculated risk  resource management, or employment of the right thing at the right time to gain some degree of edge.

At the moment on normal difficulty, combat does seem very easy, since the number of healing potions available far exceeds possibility of damage, and each potion is a full heal, but I'll see since I've only just started the game so far, and obviously there are harder difficulties beyond this one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-06 20:51:55

I'll be very honest.
I don't care for this game one bit. The lack of music, poor sound design, he clunky tab based controls, and slow narrator speech and awkward inflections on words make it uncomfortable to play.
About the only good thing I can say for the game is that it only costs about as much as a cup of coffee.
I feel like I'm playing a rough prototype, or someone's notebook sketches vs. a fully playable product.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-02-06 21:21:13

Hi.

Ok, this might sound harsh, but will they never learn? This is not the first time they produced a game like this, even though they always say it's a different team, all their games feel strangely the same.
As Liam stated, there is nothing appealing regarding the game. And no, we wanted to create a game for everyone doesn't count anymore, we have heard that countless times now, no wonder the scene isn't moving anywhere.
The one good thing is that it's not as overpriced as the inquisitor or echos of livia when it was still payed.
Personally I have better ways to spend my 5 euros for a game like this, for example for a marvel vs capcom infinites steam key and I receive a more fleshed out game.

Oh and, Pg13 just started a youtube live stream of the game, this shall be entertaining.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-02-06 21:24:34

Why can't we move like on Inquisitor's Heartbeat around these worlds?
I like the ambient sounds of the worlds around me, but it seems like every bit of nature, and every body of water sounds the same..
Why can't we fight enemies Blind Gladiator style?
Also, Why isn't the game titled 'Quest to the Dark Castle', or something like that? We know we're blind, we don't need constant reminders from you game devs.. Just saying

2020-02-06 21:51:41

@Simba:

Got a link? I'm curious about it. Also the whole title thing was pointed out in the general games topic when it was announced and the devs didn't respond to any feedback however

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-02-06 22:48:21

I do have to agree with Liam. I couldn't help laughing at the overdramatic voice acting. Press...Tab...to...move! LOL. You guys have good ideas or potentially good ones, but in my observation the execution and implementation leave a lot to be desired.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2020-02-06 23:12:21 (edited by Dark 2020-02-06 23:56:48)

The voice acting I found more amusing than irritating, I laughed at the "nathan attacks with incredible strength!"
I would like to see a few ways to speed up gameplay, but in general other than combat complexity, I'd say this is on par with the inquisitor and similar audio adventures from what I've seen so far, and I'm happy to enjoy it on that basis despite the issues.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-02-07 00:21:24 (edited by phoenix1991 2020-02-07 00:32:52)

I have a bit of an issue. I bought a copy of Blind Quest, not realizing that the Email address associated with my Paypal account was inactive at the time. I reactivated the Email address, and bought the game again, only to be charged a second time. I would like a refund for one of the purchases, please. Thank you Very Much!

Phoenix

2020-02-07 00:34:08

I have a bug to repport to you all.when in combat, your char takes 0 damage, or is that at least on my end

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2020-02-07 00:50:01

Hi, Max_Depa.
I have a bug to report and a question to ask. I have notice in multiple places in the game when someone tells you to go a certain direction it is not the correct direction. For example when you first get to the desert the princess tells you to go to the east to the school.
However what she actually means is to go to the west. Also where is the voice acting at in the game?
I only hear the guy that is narrating the game.

2020-02-07 01:03:00

is the game worth getting?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-02-07 01:06:11

I haven't had time to play for more than 45 minutes today as I've been busy, but I don't hate it.. Although I did notice that it does tell you to go west when it means east.. And we only have only one voice after. haha Also the combat mode seems to be all the same even when you fight a giant.

2020-02-07 09:05:39

max_depa wrote:

Also for the difficulty: we wanted to make the game playable by everyone; we had some testers that are not into rpgs and wanted only to proceed with the story, so in the first two difficulties it's really easy to go on. If everyone is not happy with that we'll consider changing the difficulty system.

Sorry to say, but: If you had beta testers who don't like rpg's, then they should not test a rpg game. Then this is simply not the kind of game for them... I mean: Why beta test a game concept you don't like? That doesn't make any sense to me...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-02-07 09:49:42

Well, to be honest I've spend a bit of time with this title and need to agree with Liam and others.

BTW this team is more or les the same team, just look at the credits section and you will notice many people are behing most (if not all) of their games.

It is so sad when someone is not learning from the past and their mistakes or, maybe they are producing these games like a crazy because their financial rewards are good to go.

Sorry to say that but there are much better, more entertaining and immersive games to play for the same price.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-02-07 10:35:43 (edited by max_depa 2020-02-07 17:11:06)

Hi everyone I'm here again.
A new update is gonna be online soon, that fixes some of the problem Lirin and Xoren pointed out yesterday.
Here you can request the update:
http://www.ticonblu.it/audiogame/update … p;lang=eng

To Kianoosh, Dark and Wes Hollow: I can see that not everyone likes turn combat system. I'm thinking about implementing a new battle system more arcadish. I'll talk about it later (first I'll respond to other comments).

To Jacek: the announcement was made by another person, but as you can see I'm here now trying to answer to all of you, so feel free to ask anything.

To Phoenix1991: write to [email protected] asking for a refund, and tell which mail did you use durign the payment.

To Juan Reina: It's not a bug, at difficult 1 you don't get any damage.

To Cyco: thanks for pointing it out; I'll fix that in the next update! also: there's only one narrator.

Regarding the battle system: I can see two things that were pointed out the most. 1) we thought that implementing easier difficulties was a good thing but not everyone likes it; 2) turn-based battle is not appreciated by everyone. I want to try a different approach to battle, something more like Blind Gladiator, to include in a new free update. I'll start working on it next week, and I hope to talk again with all of you trying to make this game the better I can.

2020-02-07 10:55:24

Yeah, that change could be really good if you do it right with more sounds of weapons and their attacks, misses etc. ALso make different monsters (enemies in general) when they are attacking or getting damage / dying.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-02-07 11:11:35

Actually I'm more than happy with the turn based combat system, my problem is this implementation, since there is no strategy or need to make different choices, just continue to attack and then take a potion.
Make the attacks randomised, make the  potions less effective,give more attack options, give different weapons to equip, make the enemies do different things etc.
Turn based combat can be fantastic if handled correctly, just look at dungeons and dragons, or pretty much any graphical rpg since forever,  this version just doesn't give the player enough choice about what to do, or really much chance to effect the outcome of the battle.

I have played a bit further into the game yesterday evening and have just completed the prison, and while I enjoy  environment and rather overdone acting, I  admit  combat gets very uninteresting, even against tough enemies, since it's basically just keep on attacking then taking a healing potion, similarly, while I like the side quests and alternative tasks in the game which need you to backtrack, there is little point in doing them since there are no real rewards other  more healing potions where as if the game had armour and weaponns or other items that would be different.

I'd say the game is worth getting if you want to play through the story, explore and listen to the wonderfully hammy acting, but if your looking for an entertaining rpg possibly not.

I also found a couple of quests with no method to complete, or at least I haven't run across them yet, I'll mention them here, though bare in mind I still haven't finished the game.

Oh, and spoilage ahoy!

First: in the planes there is a carpenter looking for elm wood to complete some toys, I haven't seen any, and at this point if i do it'd be a long treck back.

second, in the swamp, a game keeper asks you to defeat a particularly dangerous reptile man. I've beaten a couple of other reptile men, but not the one he is looking for apparently. I suspect the right one is behind the liana fencei have examined the fence several times, not to mention talking to or examining everything in the swamp,  and cannot get through.

In the prison, there is an arquebussier who wants to surrender and asks you to find a document in the stronghold so he and his family can leave Frayda.
I immediately went back to the stronghold, but nothing. I also searched the stronghold again after freeing philo, but nothing there either.

Lastly, not that it is a major deal, but I found it  bit strange that the old supervisor (the scholar in the swamp), did not change his message after you defeat the king of the swamp, he still tells you about the giant toad.

Again some of these, for instance the elm for the carpinter might be available later in the game, though it would still seem to need a trek here to complete, but i thought I'd report either way since hopefully if these things are! bugs they can be fixed.

Btw, I likely will not have time to continue the game over the weekend

2020-02-07 11:18:42 (edited by Dark 2020-02-07 11:20:12)

Okay, just requested the update and no good at all, the service just said "can't find user with email."

my email is d r dot lukehewitt at g mail dot com, and it is the same one I used to buy the game.

If you like I'll happily forward a payment reciet.

2020-02-07 11:21:17

not getting this game. Sorry guys. After seeing all the comments....

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-02-07 11:24:44

I can’t buy  this game because paypal Is blocked in turkey

2020-02-07 11:39:15

Gonna skip this one. Maybe if we don't buy these games they'll learn?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-02-07 12:48:53

Thanks Lirin again for your feedbacks; if you want to give other advices, we can talk again about battles next week when I start revisioning it.

To Dark: thank you for you review. I'm glad that you are enjoying the atmosphere and I hope that with future updates we can also give the battle the depth it deserves. Talking about quests: I know that every quest can be completed. About the update problem: send an email to [email protected] and we can surely help you!