2017-10-08 13:46:21

how would you do it like a video and people watch and comment?

2017-10-08 18:25:18

sure.  I'd watch/participate, depending on time.

I do have a few questions:
1.  How can I land on planets covered by shielding?  I want to explore them.
2. How can I raise skills?  I know mining/exploring are the obvious ones.
3.  how can I find, say, something to give me more FTL range?  I'd requisission it but don't have the creds or know what to search for.
4. How on earth do people find blueprints?

2017-10-08 18:26:20

5.  WHy are all the mission categories empty all the time?
and finally 6.  What do I have to do to get notified when my light drive is fully charged?  I feel like I'd turn that on if possible.  It took me 3 days to jump 200 ly because I simply forgot about it for four hours....i'd not mind a way to notify me of light charge full

2017-10-09 14:32:58

It sounds like a Q&A stream might me in order then, it will most likely be in the evening for the GMT timezone. To answer your questions Merin.

1: You cannot land on planets with shields, you'll either need to use bombardment weapons or mercenaries (unlock at level 20) to destroy the shield.
2: You raise skills by your character either reading or by performing the tasks. So if you want to improve your fighter skill you would need to engage in combat more often, for craftsmanship you would need to craft weapons or equipment etc...
3: You can either craft an overcharger or what for a merchant to sell one.
4: Blueprints can be bought at merchants.
5: The missions are shared between all players and are a commodity in themselves, they are also limited by factors such as your hold size, the distance and skills - depending on the mission.
6: This has been requested by a few different players, so is something we will look into.

2017-10-09 15:39:51

Hello!
Enjoying the game, so far.. An idea just poped into my head and I'd like to share it..
Do you guys think it would be good to add npc crews to ships? These would work as a sort of resource like rations.. They would be used to opperate larger ships and to explore other planets (as in, you send the crew down and receive say hourly reports of whatever they find).
How does that sound? Alsso, you'd need to keep your crew happy by feeding and entertaining them.

2017-10-10 01:37:17

hey i just seen that there's a new facebook messenger IOS update. has anyone got it and have the remaining accessibility issues been fixed? I've heard that they certainly are better than they were am just wondering about the rest of them?

2017-10-10 10:01:51

@Caio,

By what I've understood your idea, it is the same as mercenaries, and it is unlockable at level 20. However, there is certainly no reference to mercenaries that would explore individual planets on landing. However, since I am not na admin of the game, I cannot guarantee that there is no exploring mercenary. Anyway, here is the link to the information:
https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … 5000963174
@TextSpaced,
I would certainly like to join the Q&A, after being informed about its date and time. Thanks in advance!

2017-10-12 19:43:03

We've scheduled our live Q&A this Saturday at 8PM BST. Hopefully we'll be able to answer all of your questions.

2017-10-12 22:43:34

for those that may not be able to attend could someone summerise the q&a afterwards and post it here?

2017-10-13 23:17:27

Hi Darren,

Facebook stores live videos as normal videos after they are broadcast, so you should be able to listen back if you like.

2017-10-14 06:47:39

hi guys...
I think I am stuck on a wierd bug,.
so I went to check my status on the computer menu, and hit cancel button after that, but the game do not return me to the main ship menu. so, now, everytime I hit cancel, or type something, those  stats are keep comeing, makeing it kindda spammy, haha

2017-10-14 07:17:31

I am not sure if this will work for you, but when I was experiencing a bug that dealt with the game's main menu, typing helm_enter would help, as suggested to me when I submitted a bug report directly in the game's page:
http://textspaced.com/bug

2017-10-14 07:44:26

ah thanks!

2017-10-15 07:04:13

Holy shit. I just stumbled on a major bug. I requested my stats in settings and now messenger is just sending them over and over in a constant loop. Help?

2017-10-15 08:32:57

try typing helm_enter?
I was on that loop too

2017-10-15 08:36:42

Hi all,

Hopefully you should be all broken out of your loops now. Ever since the Facebook outage we have issues with loops and repeating messages that appear to occur at random to random people. We are working with Facebook to try and solve the issue.

2017-10-20 13:27:34

Hello, I think I found a bug.
I was able to build an hideout.. I was transfering some cargo, when sudenly, my game just got back to the main menu.. I wasn't able to dock with my hideout because it said a ship was already there. Not just that but I can't access any other menues. So I can't mine, can't access the settings, among other things. Could you please help me?

2017-10-20 14:25:39

@caio,

Did you try using the "helm_enter" option as an alternative to access the menus? As a user's point of view, this is the help I can give. As for reporting bugs, how about doing it in the official channel for it, since they can look for reports more quickly there?
http://textspaced.com/bug

2017-10-24 17:31:02

Hi caio,

You didn't respond to our support ticket - can we assume the issue is now resolved?

2017-12-13 21:29:19

Hi guys,

We have had TextSpaced in open beta now since October 1st and are happy that we have reached 600 active players. I thought it would be good to detail how all the suggestions in this thread have helped shape the game this far.

Is there a way to see where star systems are in relation to each other

A text map was added to the helm.

Once I buy this scout ship though, what else is there to do? Mining is getting kind of dull...

Lot's more mission types have been added, more ships to strive for, more story and master skills - more everything really.

a way to designate a sector to easily return to it...

Lots of smart macros were added to the game including one for waypoints, type "waypoint 1" to go to your first waypoint for example.

Yeah the random race assignment kind of made me sad because I was looking forwards to playing a droid

There is a special story to meet the "life broker" who will provide services you may find interesting.

but there didn't seem to be any information about the book apart from the title...

Books now contain lore, you can review the lore from the "books read" section. Additionally some books contain special notes and ancient books can be purchased at the Mechanical Fleet or found.

I'm bout 2000 rl hours from a shipright...

Travel was changed so its now instant if you have enough charge.

Basically do I need a bigger ship or can I build a hideout with a scout?

The material requirements were lowed for a hideout and additional structures added to help in starting out building your faction.

Is it actively being worked on in terms of content? If it is, are there change logs, or some sort of way to be alerted of changes to the game?

All the change logs are here: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … ouncements and the help centre is always having new articles added. Features have been planned for the next 5 years and TextSpaced has it's first intern to help out.

I'd vote terraforming, just for the awesome lore implications that has.

Terraforming has been made an explorer master skill.

does textspaced have any of my favorite weapon -- the grey goo

An exotic weapon was created called MEHEM.

what about colonising missions and you can have taxation on colonies within your faction? then once you have enough colonists you can create jobs for them IE ship building or mining for the faction.

The master skill of colonist was added to the game, once you choose colonist as your master skill you can create colonies and try to help them thrive. If you manage to start a settlement, get it to colony status then ultimately civilisation status, you'll see NPC ships appearing under your own faction name.

well why not have npc fighter wings and npc capital ships?

Replication bays are being added to the game so that you can covert a bay on your ship to a replication bay and have your own fleet of ships (biggest ship has 8 bays)

Would it give you all too much work if the game accepted typed input and not only menu input for the options? That way, instead of needing to go through "Helm." -> "Dock", you could only type in "Dock"

Lots of smart macros have been added including the "dock" smart macro.

1 of the things you could do was to post advertisements for things wanted or for products etc that you could sell.

There are a couple of player created mission types now, and a mission from the Descendants that asks for players to craft a specific weapon.

...t resulted in my character obtaining a strange glowing cube, but I can't see it anywhere. Would it be possible to add some sort of personal inventory

A personal inventory was added and new suits and weapons can be purchased from a faction owned fortress.

as far as I'm aware, you can't sell ships

Ships can now be sold at the Shipwright. Spare ports (up to 9) can also be stored at a Shipwright.

You can't buy resources, only sell them

You can now buy commodities. If you become a master miner you can also buy and sell ingredients, which are further divisions of a commodity. The ingredients work on a separate exchange which is far more localised and prone to change - this empowers you to find your own trade routes, buy low and sell high as well as benefit more from mining.

Are there message boards, public advertisement things, etc?

Being able to use in-game credits to have your faction show in a 'promoted' section is coming very soon.

these minefields a lot less of a spamming/trolling hazard

Minefields have be re-tooled so that they deny capture of structure. Once ship on structure/structure on ship combat is present, they will also deal heavy damage to ships attacking structures.

Been kind of sitting here for about a day, waiting for an engineer ship to load...this sucks.

All ships can now be purchased at any time, some requiring certain skills to be met. Also, if you spend enough time in a ship you can unlock an enhanced version.

or, failing that, better scanners so I can see farther out to make the tedium more barable?

A map was added and a new type of ship called the 'explorer' class of ship, it has a passive ability of scan pulse that discovers three sectors either side of your current location.

These are just the tip of the iceberg of changes that have happened, but again thank you all for your feedback; it has been very valuable.

2017-12-14 13:22:57

Awesome! I've always been a fan of this game.. I couldn't continue to play there due to rl getting in the way, but now I will sertainly get back to playing!

2018-02-14 09:42:48

Hi all.

We have some bad news I'm afraid. We have received communication from Facebook about Messenger that states the following:

"Our team is currently not supporting accessibility for Messenger Platform. They have put supporting accessibility on the roadmap for the long-term but in the short term there won't be a fix for this."

This came to a surprise to us, as originally they had said they would be focusing on accessibility. This means that the mobile version of Facebook Messenger wouldn't be guaranteed to be accessible for some time, so the web version is the more viable solution. We wish this was better news and will continue to try and push them on this issue. We will also explore other platforms for the future.

On a more brighter note, we thank you all here who continue to play and pushing us over the 700 active player mark. Its been a great journey so far.

2018-02-14 14:47:32

so will you develop a web based version of this game? shame really and in a way am glad I didn't get too invested in it as I won't be able to miss playing it if accessibility is going to be cut.

2018-02-16 09:12:03

Hi Darren,

This only affects the app version of Messenger, and we still have hope Facebook will fix these issues. The web version should still work fine and in fact the majority of our blind players (around 500) use this version.

2018-02-16 15:27:28

ah so the web version is fine still? is there a way of overriding the app version of messenger does anyone know so I can still play it on the phone? every time I try using it, the app version takes over.