2017-10-01 18:36:28

If I have missed this, I appologise.

FIrst off, love the game, it's fun.  I do have a question when traveling, however.  I want to buy a new ship, but i'm out of range for all of them.  Is there a way to map jump points?  AKA how can I plot a course from point A to point B successfully?

2017-10-01 20:18:08

Hi Merlin,

Glad you are enjoying the game. You can purchase ships at a Shipwright (Helm -> FTL -> Structures -> Transport). When you navigate to a sector outside of your jump range you will be presented with a option for 'nearest destinations', following this nearest destinations will get you closer to your intended target. It's also worth noting that destinations are always prefixed with either a negative symbol or positive symbol (something requested in this very forum), this lets you know if its towards the left or right since the universe is one dimensional. I hope this helps.

2017-10-01 22:28:18

I did see that and wondered.  Good tidbit!  I haven't looked through all the pages here yet so probably missed that smile.

Thanks, though, that helps a lot.

2017-10-02 05:13:58

Well, at least half of our Facebook Messenger problems have been fixed on mobile. The options now come up for most things, only problem I have is that when viewing destinations for a mission, viewing possible mining destinations, the message that would normally display this info isn't being displayed on the mobile version, and this is using the messenger app.
On another note, I'm wondering how to best find resources to mine that gives me a few thousand per round? I seem to be in an area now with a lot of mining platforms taking up resources that I can't hand mine with the ship. Also, I wish there was a way for the computer to only show available transfer/delivery missions that my light drive can handle the range for. I just accepted one that I had to cancel because, while I could pick up the cargo, the destination was too far.

2017-10-02 08:43:46

Hi Orin, yes Facebook are being pretty slow in actioning our reported bugs - but they are getting there.

In terms of transfer or delivery missions, you should be able to do them all, its just you may have to jump several times. Using the 'nearest destinations' option as discussed should help with this.

2017-10-02 11:16:20

How can I clear the conversation with the bot? Mine goes back as far as May and it's using a lot of ram now.

2017-10-02 12:13:04

Hi Orin,

This is indeed an issue we have raised with Facebook, their app seems to not handle large conversations too well. Depending on your device, you should be able to view the messages list of all your conversations in Messenger, 3D touch or otherwise invoke the context menu on the conversation and choose "Delete Conversation".

All of the state is stored our side, so just by saying something again to the bot after finding it, you will continue from where you left off.

2017-10-03 00:14:18

Man, when can I upgrade this crap light drive? Having to jump 100+ LY to get to transfer mission pickup locations is getting boring, but it's where the good credits are at. Then I have to wait at least 20 minutes to fully charge to jump another 20 LYs.
Maybe I might be able to mine out here in the middle of nowhere, we'll see.

2017-10-03 13:59:43

@Orin,

I know this will end up diminishing my mining time, but if you mine one sector to the right (or to a plus sign, if you prefer, lol) of Amici, there is a chemical planet. However, it just has chemicals; if you need other material you'll have to search... As for the light drive, did you buy any overcharger for your ship? I didn't do it yet, but by what I have read, this is a substitute for the afterburners, so might help you get a bit of extra charge.

Tell me what you discover, please, and I hope this post helps!

2017-10-04 05:41:28 (edited by Orin 2017-10-04 05:49:04)

The Merchant bass stuff confuses me. How do I buy overcharges? are they in the resupply menu?

Edit: Okay, so I went from having 2 interactions to 21 interactions? How can I see what those are? Also, I've only been playing for 2 minutes? More like several hours.

2017-10-04 14:43:06

Actually, Orin, the game measures how long you played based not in actual playtime but in number of clicks/taps/enter presses that Interact with it. One click advances, if I am not mistaken, 3 seconds, but I think I have to re-read the games FAQ to confirm that one. About the things you can buy in the Merchant station, which includes, but is not limited to, overcharges, (books also have this rule applied) change every real time hour. By the way, even though this one was already answered, you cannot make your character read the books. You buy them and your character reads a random one when he or she is bored. They are good to raise your skills or give your character knowledge about various things. Also, don't forget that if you find bugs (typos count too), you can get a few extra credits by reporting them! This might help in buying better ships...

2017-10-04 15:52:13

so...missions.  I'll have to try that.

2017-10-04 17:54:42

Okay, but about the Merchants, what category would overcharges be under? I'm not sure what to look for. I could request a special requisition, but that's 8K+50K.

2017-10-04 18:20:30

Hi Orin,

Overchargers are classed as a port (weapons and equipment are ports). If one is available for sale it will show under the 'Buy Ports' list. You can also craft one if you can figure out the recipe, however for this you will a port crafting module and a few part crates (so about 60k to get started).

2017-10-04 18:58:16

Is there a better way to navigate to destinations?  Say something is 150 ly out.  I have to scan for nearbye, jump 3 ly, scan, jump 3 ly.  So tedious...is there a way to, say, jump 20 ly and see where I end up?

2017-10-04 18:59:48

or, failing that, better scanners so I can see farther out to make the tedium more barable?

2017-10-04 20:41:55

Merin wrote:

or, failing that, better scanners so I can see farther out to make the tedium more barable?

The easiest way, although still a bit tedious, is to do ftl missions if you're doing that, click on whatever mission, transfer in my case, and then the mission locations come up. Click on engage on any one of them, and it'll tel you your light drive doesn't have enough range. It then presents you with back and "nearest destinations", and the first destination in the list is 20 LY closer to your destination. Going 150 LY though, you'll have to keep waiting for full recharge to do that.
The guide is kinda misleading when it says that you'l only get missions that are nearby, I doubt 250+ LY is anywhere close to nearby.

2017-10-05 08:40:33

Hi Merin, Orin,

I'm not sure what your aim is, but there are many options to filter destinations under the FTL menu. When you engage at a destination to far away it will provide a "nearest destinations" option which will take you as close to your intended destination as possible, based on your current charge.

If you wish to just travel an arbitrary amount you can do this via smart macros. For example if you type FTL followed by a space and then a whole number in the free text box you will travel that many light years. For example typing "FTL 1" will move you one light year to the right, typing "FTL -1" will move you one light year to the left. You can use any amount you wish, so to travel your full charge of 20 you could type "FTL -20".

You can also use waypoints in a similar manner, typing "waypoint 1" will engage straight to waypoint 1 in your computer without any preamble.

In terms of the transfer missions, these are meant to be done by large ships that have long ranges, the missions will filter based on your hold size with a very large range of acceptance - but it should state the distance involved in the mission summary.

I hope this helps.

2017-10-05 22:22:34

Hi,

So....exploring a planet, how long does it take?  Sitting here for three, four hours seems slow to me, for some reason.  I can't even check to see if skills are going up, as it keeps telling me to go back to the ship.  Anyway, I finally found a planet I could explore, and am just wondering if there's a way to speed this up/if this is normal/etc.  Sorry if it seems like i'm complacent, but while I like games that take time, it's taking me literally hours for....? I have no idea smile.  I'm gonna be a bit grumpy if I find nothing/find a day's supply of water lol.

Anyone mind clearing a bit of this up?

2017-10-06 06:40:45

Three or four hours has turned into 12.  No messages or whatnot.

2017-10-06 10:28:14

Hi Merin,

It appears you have stumbled across a bug there. We believe we have fixed it now, and have gifted your character with some credits.

If you find bugs in the future feel free to log them at: www.textspaced.com/bug

2017-10-06 15:49:00

Absolutely!  Thanks!  At first I just wasn't sure if it was normal.  I was going to give it till, well, this morning.  Thanks for the fix, and wow thanks for the credits.  smile.

2017-10-07 03:19:02

What's the best way to play on Windows? I keep getting that clickable clickable thing that somebody got a few posts back.

2017-10-07 13:37:33

well through the main site on fb although I'm waiting until the ios messenger gets to be accessible because it kept freezing up for me which is annoying because I rather enjoyed the game.

2017-10-08 12:12:34

Hey guys,

We were thinking of doing a live Q&A on Facebook at some point - would this be something people are interested in?