2024-01-26 23:42:23

Well, it's here, and so is the first impressions video. Hope someone finds this useful... let's open it up for discussion! Link is below. Also, something I found after I stopped recording. The first tab of the main menu is the favourites tab, so you can add everything from the other menus to it by pressing triangle when you've highlighted what you want. Removing them involves the same, then you have to confirm it.
https://youtu.be/myViesp2IMU

Discord: clemchowder633

2024-01-26 23:56:12

Yeah, finally the stereo sound so we can know where the oponent is. But does it have any little accessibility? or only ocr? but what if I play this game on console? Tekken on pc is a little strange. smile

2024-01-27 01:06:52

I am not playing on pc. Please watch the video for the details. The short version is that there is no accessibility for blind players.

2024-01-27 02:16:27

spoylers ahead, do not read if your not interested in those.
Does anyone have some kind of a strategy to beat Leroy Smith in the first round of the turnement in the storry. I can not for the life of me beat him lol. I can survive until the end where jin decides to get up and get rid of his feer, but after that, I just die xd

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2024-01-27 18:17:20

Can't help with this unfortunately. I haven't touched story mode yet, and I don't plan to until I get back from my family vacation. sad I did, however, do a bit of arcade quest, and it does seem to be doable. It's very clunky and requires OCR pretty much constantly, but it is manageable. I don't think I'll play any more of it than I need to unlock ghost battle.

2024-01-28 02:50:05

Hi,
How is arcade quest doable? I thought you had to walk around the locations? I'm now very curious.
Also for those wondering, there is an arcade batle mode if you just want to throw down against the AI, I don't know if this is touched upon in the video. This can be found by pressing r1 twice from favourites then down twice. Unfortunately I don't know the exact tab names or the whole menu layout, as yesterday I just wanted to throw down so found aracde and went in as quick as possible.
Character episodes are doable as well. That mode will take about 4 hours as each thing is five fights, so it's like a mini arcade mode. That is found with r1 once from favourites bringing you into the story tab, then down once.

2024-01-28 03:46:00

you will just have to walk around until you find the right people. I unlocked ghost battle within like 10 mins or so.

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2024-01-28 04:42:13

Good news for all of you Mishima players! Reina has an audio cue whenever she does a wave dash, so if you want to practice your wave dash mix up, you can use her to do so. That's what I've been doing

Follow my new Twitter @peanpab: https://twitter.com/PeanPab

2024-01-28 11:42:03

@4
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
If I'm remembering that fight correctly there's a QTE involved as a part of the lead- up, though I did admittedly get through it by just hitting random buttons (though the QTEs in this game do not actually eppar to be random from what I've see).  Apologies I can't be of more help, but I'm currently putting together a review for this game and might try and cover it there.
E
N
D
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2024-01-28 15:37:28

I’m actually really looking forward to playing this. 
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this, but I seem to remember a lot of these games having move lists carried over.  If that’s the case, not being able to read them in this shouldn’t be as much of an issue.

2024-01-28 16:56:29

@10
There are sometimes moves that are the same, but sometimes new moves are added, things change etc, thus arguably meaning that it's still just as much an issue as ever, but maybe that's just me.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2024-01-28 17:47:58

I definitely agree it’s an issue.  It’s why I haven’t bought a lot of fighting games recently because we are now in an era where text guides for movelists aren’t really a thing.  However if a lot of stuff from previous Tekken games carries over, it makes me more willing to purchase it.

2024-01-28 19:46:09

There's still some text guides, but they're also some helpful videos that you can watch. That's how I learned how to use the new heat system

Follow my new Twitter @peanpab: https://twitter.com/PeanPab

2024-01-28 19:53:45

Guys, tekken dark resurrection has move demonstrations you can trigger, and audible key tones play telling you what face buttons to press during the demo. For example, low is square, midlow is triangle, midhigh is cross, high is circle. Later games added the arrows and changed the key tones to less distinguishable clicks, making them harder to follow, so I always go back to this one if I want to learn a new character.

Speaking of which, I was able to learn a lot of moves and combos for many characters, then go backwards and forward in the series and still use them effectively, so you should be able to also. From my experience, the only series I found to change up the move and combo input for characters has been mortal kombat. Tekken has been pretty consistent though, so returning characters should play largely the same, unless the story indicates otherwise, such as with jin in tekken 3 and 4. That said, characters like Bruce, yoshimitsu, the Williams sisters, Lilly, wang, Julia, sleeve, Paul, all these played largely the same, with their moves expanding as the series progressed. If tekken DR has move demos, im willing to bet that tekken 8 does also.

2024-01-29 11:08:22

For those wondering aobut move demos, this game has combo challenges with demonstrations.  However, the cues do not seem to be as distinct as implied in post 14.  Just thought I'd let people know.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2024-01-29 15:36:08

The cues are not as distinguishable, for sure, and 11 is totally right that while some moves carry over, there are a substancial number of new moves added to characters each game, or moves are tweeked so even if the move is the same it does different things. So going back and forth from older games will help you somewhat, but not if you want to truly make use of a character's entire mopveset for this game.
@6 the video doesn't show arcade battle, but I did mention it while I was going through the menus. smile I did a couple of character episodes as well.

2024-01-29 17:01:25

The point of moving back and forth in the series with different characters is that if you learned a character from a previous game, you don't have to relearn them all over again for the new game. They literally have hundreds of moves, and thats literally stuff they accumulated over time. So if you utilize the tools of tekken DR, then transfer that knowledge to tekken 8, you can just try to figure out whats new. At the very least, it will give you a foundation, at most, you will get familiar with the characters fighting style and grow some more as you play.

In contrast, mortal kombat resets the combo strings and move commands for their characters almost every game, so you have to learn them all over again. Less so in the first 4 games, and even the 3d games, but the last 4 games definitely, so moving back and fourth in this case is useless for learning a character. At least mk1 movelist is accessible without having to look it up online. Maybe someone will document tekken 8 movelist at some point.

2024-01-29 17:42:54

I did a stream on Tekken 8 yesterday, VOD both on Twitch (zersiax)  and the BlindlyCoding youtube channel, where I look at both Arcade Quest and story mode.
Arcade quest has a number of challenges, particularly that text tends to autoscroll, which means that just OCRing now and again will mean you miss a lot. Having the continuous OCR function in later NVDA versions on does help massively but because you can't really configure how fast that refreshes it can be difficult to catch text that flashes by quickly.
There's not really any audio cues in this mode but the areas are relatively small, so with a bunch of walking about and interacting you can get through at least the earlier portions. i got stuck on a screen where I think you're meant to pick a ghost character or some such and just none of my buttons did anything, so not super sure what happened there.

I did my best to read subtitles for the story mode portions, and I was able to get the gist and read that out loud, but sometimes the text just gets too scrambled before you can effectively read it even with a braille display. I still find it amusing that characters speak their native language, but also do this to people who more than likely doesn't speak said language. Everybody has a universal translator,but the player smile

2024-01-29 19:33:09

So how does one enable continuous ocr?

2024-01-29 19:38:03

Its, I believe, in NVDA 2023.3 and later. A checkbox in the Windows OCR settings pane.

2024-01-29 19:42:28

Thanks, ill look into this. Just updated yesterday.

2024-01-29 23:19:38

How does Tekken's 3d system work? do you have up and down as well as left and right to move to?
Sorry haven't had time to watch the video.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2024-01-30 03:13:22 (edited by assault_freak 2024-01-30 03:14:37)

Kenshira that's a fair point in post 17. And you can enable refreshing OCR by going to the NVDA settings, windows OCR, and check the box that says periodically refresh recognized content. smile
@18, those are pretty much similar conclusions to me based on the little I play. When I get back from my trip, I intend to do more videos and more analysis. Fortunately, the only thing really valuable in Arcade questr is unlocking super ghost battle. Once that's done, I don't intend to fiddle with it anymore. The story is fun and interesting, but not worth the trouble. lol
@22, it's not full 360 degree movement. You can move forward and back, as well as side step from the background to the foreground.

2024-02-17 19:03:42

Has anyone tried playing online? I would love to see some gameplay from a competitive blind Tekken player. Mortal Kombat and streetfighter players are easy enough to find, but I can't say the same about Tekken. I grew up playing Tekken 3, but admittedly haven't kept up with the newer games. I know a lot has changed, but I am seriously considering purchasing this one. It just looks like a great time.

2024-02-18 02:25:25

I'm not competitive by any means, if you mean someone who has gone to competition. But I do intend to play online regularly, if that's what you mean in which case, I'd be happy to try and make content.