2024-02-18 03:35:10

@assault_freak
Please do! I would tune in for sure.
The MK and SF players I know of actually have been in competition, but I think competent would have definitely been a better word to use lol. I've just never found another blind Tekken player who could do anything besides button mash and flail while the opponent sidesteps them to oblivion. And that's ok! It's all about having fun, right? It's just that I've been looking for a fighting game to really sit down with and get good at, and the Tekken series is by far my favorite. Unfortunately, I've lost all interest in MK1, so it would be great if I could watch and learn from another blind player to know that it's possible to play Tekken at a decent level. Also, I am wondering how big a difference having movement be in stereo actually makes.

2024-02-18 03:41:44

Movement in stereo doesn't help with sidestepping, so no luck there. And I wouldn't call myself a decent player by any means, but we'll see what happens. I've only participated in one fighting game tournament, and that was an online SF 5 tournament a couple of years ago. I would say, just as a general statement, you can definitely play Tekken up to at least an intermediate level.... I know there's at least one blind Tekken player who has done some local tournaments, but he's in Japan. Tekken isn't exactly a popular series among blind people who game in the west, at least not in the circles I'm part of. Popularity here seems to be reserved for MK, SF, and the various anime-style fighters like Guilty Gear, Blazblue, etc. But as you said, the only players I know of who actually compete at tournaments are MK players, I don't personally know of any SF players who play professionally.

Discord: clemchowder633

2024-02-18 04:01:37

I will be looking forward to watching you play online hopefully with commentary. That makes it more entertaining haha. Also, do you know if the Jukebox mode is usable with OCR? That would be a nice bonus.
For SF I like to watch BlindWarriorSven. He is a fantastic player, and he also had a match at Evo 2023. Not sure what happened after that though, but he regularly uploads YouTube videos.

2024-02-18 14:02:08

Hi all,
I am a huge tekken fan and I would like to buy it for PS5 but I don't want it to be like with street fighter that I bought it and I have to use sighted help for a lot of things. I don't have a capture card so here are my questions.
1. How difficult is the menu system? I know that there is favorites tab.
2. How do you use training mode without being able to record opponent's moves like you can do in Mortal Kombat now? For practicing punishes? The same question goes for SF actually since there is no normal built-in screen reader.
I see that this game gets much more interest among players than MK1 and really want to buy it but according to my experience with Tekken7 nothing went well TBH.

My Telegram
Battle tag (Europe): Sevapopov#2693
Discord: sevapopov#5515

2024-02-18 18:45:16

Among blind players, this game definitely is not getting as much interest as MK 1. As for your questions, the menu system is straightforward with different tabs you can cycle through with l1 and r1, and menus being normal from there. Some menus will wrap if you hold down a directional key, some will not. As for training and recording moves, I haven't played with that yet, so I'm not sure.

2024-02-18 18:51:29

I could probably make a menu guide if anyone is interested, either in audio or text form

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2024-02-18 19:07:00

While it's not a menu guide as such, the video in the first post should give at least a decent idea of how the main menu, at least, is laid out. But a detailed menu guide would be great as well!

2024-02-19 10:58:46

@31
Yes, if possible, it would be great! I think that both versions would be nice to have.

My Telegram
Battle tag (Europe): Sevapopov#2693
Discord: sevapopov#5515

2024-02-19 18:44:41

Hi,
A text guide for the menus would be wonderful.
I will definitely be picking this up down the line, despite the accessibility, Mk just isn't doing it at all for me this go around.  Tekken has always been a favourite, so looking forward to it.

2024-02-24 19:58:53

if anyone needs it. here are the menus for tekken8. i finally picked up the game. this is so old school lol but hey got to do it. feel free to add to the menu guide. this is just the surface

R1 switch tabs

story tab
character episode
tekken fight lounge
arcade quest
character customize
tekken

story tab2
character episode

off line tab
arcade quest
ghost battle
arcade battle
versus
practice
tekken ball
gallery

online tab
fight lounge
rank match
quick match
player match
ps5 tournament
leader board

customization tab
character customization
player customization
jukebox

replay tab
online replay
exciting replay
my replays
tips

bottom row. press up from the beginning of any tab
options
community
accessibility
play data
news

sub menus

options
game setting
sound settings
controller setup
screen setting
player setting
end license
privacy policy
handling user data
copywright
credits

game settings
rounds
round duration
tekken ball rounds
tekken ball round duration
ghost battle rounds
round duration
controller vibration
tournament settings
cross platform
rollback settings
notification settings
restore default settings

sound settings
master volume
bgm volume
sound effects volume
voice volume
environmental volume
subtitles
restore default

practice and arcade battle menu
choose side
choose character
choose stage
pause menu
up once to go back to  main menu
up 5times to change character
up 2times to change character in arcade battle

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2024-03-12 13:50:16

Anyone know how to confirm that you want to  start matching online? I can't figure it out and I've been trying to play online for ages now but nothing works when I go in to the online menu.

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2024-03-12 14:22:10

yes when you first go to online, it wants to throw you into a cpu battle to see your skill level i think, go down once for skip. next screen is your online settings. go up once to accept. now you should be in the character select screen where you choose your side. next choose character, then a dummy. now you will be thrown into practice. practice and you will get a promp for a new challenger.

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2024-03-13 01:41:11

that did not seem to work for me, when you enter the game, I was certain the online menu was 2 tabs to hte right, is that correct? If so, I do make it to the online menu but when I'm there, I don't think it works when I try to go to where I can select a character with the instructions you've given me. I might have to record this on my end or something just to be sure.

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.