2024-01-20 16:31:19

The long awaited public beta version of the new upcoming Eurofly 3 is available for download since Saturday, January 20th, 2024. This is an unique opportunity to participate in the game's development and help flesh out and polish Eurofly 3 into its final shape. If you are eager to test new features as they get implemented gradually, preferably have previous experience with beta testing unfinished software, and are prepared to come across bugs and possible changes in existing behavior, you can find out all the important information and download the beta version at eurofly.stefankiss.sk.
You can also talk to your fellow pilots, share your experiences and ask questions in the official Eurofly mailing list in English (subscribe link on the website mentioned above).
Thank you, and happy skies! See you in the air! ☺️

Far be it that the king of Bohemia should run away! (John of Luxembourg aka John the Blind)
There are no heroes without courage!
1428: Shadows over Silesia by KUBI Games
https://blind.shadows1428.com

2024-01-20 16:34:51

THank you guys!

2024-01-20 16:42:13

Oh yay! I've been listening to the tutorial videos to tide me over until this release! I played Eurofly 2 a lot so very familiar with the fundamentals, but I'm very glad we get much more realism and the liberties taken have been explained well by Lucas in the videos. Although having only one ATC per country is a bit of a letdown but I understand that would make something that's free much more involved to program and so much has been done already!

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2024-01-20 16:44:35

So ive downloaded the launcher, I put into a folder and run it.
I choose my english language and then i chosse installed version but nothing happens.
When i loocked into the log file it say that some erroe's occured and the launcher finishes.

2024-01-20 16:44:54

Hi there. Awesome to see it is finally here. But, for some odd reason, I am getting this when I attempt to go to the page to find more info and download the beta.
User 'eurodbfly' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 4)

2024-01-20 16:45:06

@4
same here.

2024-01-20 16:45:07

The game fails to install. This is the aerror message.
Download for Data/Geonames/World.map failed: [The process cannot access the file 'C:\eurofly\Data\Geonames\World.map' because it is being used by another process.], retrying
2024-01-20 15:42:57
An error occurred during sync: One or more errors occurred.
This is consistent behaviour, even when run in admin mode.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2024-01-20 16:47:02

I also get the error that this is running in another process.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2024-01-20 16:53:35

I get the following error when I try to install the game:
Error  dialog  The type initializer for 'al' threw an exception.

My name is Emanuel Ion, and I am a music artist from Romania.
I participated in the show Romanians have talent, and I won the 2nd place.
If you want to see my music composed and created by me, you can visit the following link.
Note: There are also Covers: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdlsWB … AzJYw-D0KA

2024-01-20 16:54:19

Same issue as with 4 unfortunately.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2024-01-20 16:59:35

I have the same issue as 4 myself.

2024-01-20 17:09:15

On running the launcher in separate occasions, I also received both the error in post 4, and the one in post 9, though the launcher did download quite a few things before the post 9 error appeared. Well, the topic subscriptions came back with great timing, because I can now monitor this thread for the solution pretty easily.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2024-01-20 17:21:43

Sorry guys, the server is under incredible load right now. This is something Stefan the main developer will have to sort out with his webhosting provider. Who knows when they react and fix the issue, especially on a weekend, when it's nothing major (in their point of view) like a server overheating or something.
To be honest, between the hundreds of us, I've been telling him this particular webhosting provider was crap since joining the dev team in August.
I'll let you all know as soon as I know something myself.
Lukas

Far be it that the king of Bohemia should run away! (John of Luxembourg aka John the Blind)

2024-01-20 17:24:36

Thanks for the update @13. Some folks on this forum may react otherwise but a few days more won't kill us.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2024-01-20 17:32:14

#13, tell him to take his time. No hurry. If it should take another 4-6 months to come up that may be to soon. Maybe people will stop groaning and pushing people to get a game out. Maybe they will find other things to do with their free time.

2024-01-20 17:41:59

So, i got the game installed and now I, as well as many others have the issue that we can't start our engines.
The batterie,s fine, how ever, page up or down for the engines doesn't work at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2024-01-20 17:53:11

really nice that you tried, but...
User 'eurodbfly' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 4)  reaguje na kliknięcie

meow meow.

2024-01-20 17:58:18

I too was able to get the game installed after running the launcher multiple times because I chose English then it asked me if I wanted the portable or installed version. I selected Portable, then it downloaded some files then closed with that The type initializer for 'al' threw an exception error. I ran it again and it proceeded to download the rest of the files. I created an Open Weather API account so I'm waiting for that key to be active, says it should take a couple hours. Even though I chose portable, when I went to set my options, I noticed that the path to my User Data folder was not the folder where the launcher was at all, but I changed it, restarted the game and all was well! Until...I couldn't turn on my engine like others here! That's a showstopper for sure! I'm glad that the launcher exists, though, because the updates should be able to come very quickly!

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2024-01-20 18:03:24

I've been succes installing it, but now I cannot start the engine with page up key, I dont know wy

2024-01-20 18:06:02

this is why we don't use free webhosting, kids.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2024-01-20 18:08:38

As for the various launcher errors when downloading: Many people seem to be getting these. Looks like the server-side developer screwed up the launcher's download method. Stefan needs to get hold of him and he needs to look into it. Sorry. No one in the dev team or among the translators who had early access to this had these issues. Looks like there's nothing anyone can do about it at this very moment or today. We'll let you know as soon as we ourselves know something from the server-side dev. Sorry for the inconvenience, really.
As for not being able to start the engines: We're absolutely perplexed. No one has had this issue until today either, and the game was in the hands of at least 20 people before today.
Will keep you posted
Lukas

2024-01-20 18:09:14

I hope they don’t end up removing the entire site.

Best regards: Marco

2024-01-20 18:09:23

It's not free webhosting, kid.

2024-01-20 18:28:39

It looks like the server is back up but when I try to use the launcher it starts to say downloading required files then goes away. Not sure if it's hidden in the background or erroring and not letting me see the error?

2024-01-20 18:30:12

ok, managed somewhat download the *launcher*
but when I run it, it errors out because map is trying to be downloaded but it's getting held, by an other process?

meow meow.