2024-02-22 21:46:53

also, is their a text tutorial/readme anywhere.  I'd rather not watch a video series if their another option.

2024-02-22 21:53:25

the lack of tutorial and set destinations actually makes the training harder. When someone is new they do not understand everything yet. As said before a text read me would be great. Thanks for answering all of our questions.

2024-02-22 21:58:54

agreed.  I'd like some form of text walkthrough, I don't really have time to go watch a video series.

2024-02-22 22:00:53

Perhaps this will all be fixed when it is out of beta. I would like to know from the developer.

2024-02-23 22:25:04

I too think a text tutorial readme would be great too! I'm very busy with work and I don't have time to watch a video.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2024-02-27 23:26:51

does the video perhaps have a transcript?

2024-03-10 18:26:24

Hello!

Just a short question: I have downloaded the EF3 launcher a few weeks ago. I tried to use it to download the game, but the log file allways just says: "Connection to server failed".
At first, I assumed that the server was temporarily offline and tried for several days, but until now, I never could connect to the server.
I scrolled through this forum thread without finding any useful information. The launcher provided on the game web site seems to be unchanged since my first download and there is no information on how to get the game.
Can someone tell me whether the server is offline on purpose or wether there is something else I could do to get and install Eurofly 3.

Thanks a lot for your help!

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2024-03-10 20:04:21

Hello!
@357, try running it as an administrator, that might help. It did for me at least.

2024-03-10 20:45:32

@358: Thanks for the tipp, but that was the first thing I tried. The game still didn't install. However, since I placed the launcher within a folder that is not protected by UAC, it should not have made any difference anyway.

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2024-03-18 23:44:07 (edited by LynchHall 2024-03-18 23:46:31)

Eurofly3.0.4 update log

March 16th

- Modified aerodynamics during landing. The aircraft gradually loses speed after reducing power to 0, so it is advisable to perform the landing maneuver
at stall speed.
- Fixed an issue where flaps could be set without power.
- Fixed an issue with backward movement in manual browsing.
- Fixed an issue with deleting favorite points.
- Fixed an issue where a flight without passengers after landing was not evaluated unless a gate request was made.
- Fixed an issue where pressing alt+end did not reduce power to 0.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect flight time was displayed in the flight plan.

- Disabled returning to the menu after completing training flights except when advancing to a higher training level.
- Flight evaluation added to all types of flights, including training.
- Added aircraft condition information in case of a crash or fatal accident.
- Implemented evaluation of company flights.
- Added a window for news and new airports in the About section of the program. They can be read by pressing the tab key.
- Added support for custom sounds. In the user data folder under Audio, it's possible to create a subfolder for Airplane, Map, or Tones and save custom sounds there. It's also possible to create a folder named Airplanes and create a subfolder for each specific aircraft to insert custom sounds only for that aircraft.
- Added the option to specify wing bank angle in the autopilot system. Bank and tilt values must be separated by a comma.
- Added the option to specify nose pitch angle in the autopilot system. Altitude and pitch values must be separated by a comma.
- Tower pauses can be toggled on or off in the program settings on the Flight tab.
- Added the option to reset the current training. In the list of current trainings, there is a Reset button after pressing the tab key.

- Fixed audio messages.
- Added the option to stop message playback with the escape key.
- Added support for separate sound for private messages. The sound is named message2.
- Added chat events. These can be enabled or disabled, or their notification method can be set using the ctrl+L key in the communicator.
- Added support for separate sound for chat events. The sound is called messageevent.
- Added the option to display the sender's location with the F2 key in the communicator.

- Added airport buildings.
- Added beacons for taxi alpha and bravo from the parking lot and main area.
- Added the option to mute beacons after a certain number of seconds if the aircraft is stationary. The number of seconds is optional in the program settings on the Flight tab.
- After leaving the runway, added tower instruction for return with specified direction.
- Added airport explorer. Activated by pressing alt+e on the ground and has its own help with alt+h. The scale can be changed with the mouse wheel and the current position can be determined with arrow keys.

I am a blind pilot and, Desire to spread its wings and fly to the blue sky.
Put on the blue pilot suit,Explore the mysteries beyond the stars.
I wish there were countless accessible games,Let us have unlimited choices.
All our ideals will come true and anything is possible in the future.

2024-03-18 23:47:53

is it possible to avoid using the mouse weal? laptops don't have one, and I would rather not play with the mouse to access the help for navigation area..

2024-03-19 11:49:04

What does the changelog means by landing maneuver? I'm honestly confused.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2024-03-19 12:24:36

HEllo,
I guess the landing maneuver is when you set engines to idle.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2024-03-20 06:33:18

Okay. Two things.
first. Aparrently the stall speed is now your landing speed for some reason, which is honestly strange.
Second. The refuel button doesn't work for category 1 aircrafts unless you're on a category 1 airport as well. At least this is how it works for me. Which is again strange, as it prevents you from dooing a free flight using categoy 1 aircrafts.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2024-03-23 11:16:18

I reinstalled eurofly and finally Turkish is now available in addition to German.

2024-03-26 14:07:18

I can't start fly on free flight, after I choose my plane and hit enter, nothing happen. Why?

2024-03-26 14:31:12

It seems something is down on their side, many people are writing about the same problem in the list. SO we just have to wait.

2024-03-26 17:37:56

Hi! I've reset the training with my plane and it worked, keeping the miles flown and the takeoffs and landings I had after the update. If you have no so much flights with your training plane, just try this, it worked for me.

Claudio