2021-04-08 20:04:30

is there more than the village and castle?

2021-04-08 21:28:03

@Weston
Neat, you can bet there will be a bunch of stuff... i can tell that in Hell Hunter 1, if we count the battles against the same enemy in different moments of the game, the number of battles amount to 50 or something... well, in Hell Hunter 2 the number of monsters will be around 100 and 8 of them are secret bosses

@Valmorian
It's the second time i hear this question in the topic, i wonder why... anyway there's way beyond those 2 locations, that's just a tiny fraction of the game, like 5% or something

2021-04-08 21:36:50

@Tenkarider:
Really? That’s awesome. I can’t wait to see all the types of monsters and how you expand the combat system in the next game.

2021-04-09 01:23:46

@tenkarider.
i'd like to congratulate you again for the game. i've played a good bit of it, and i must say.
The story is great, i'm really enjoying it.
also, when this was anounced i think a lot of us weren't very excited for it, because of the engine, but you managed to do it really well, and another very important thing is...
you've accepted all the criticism, came over and over and answered all of our questions, and for us consumers, that adds a lot.
if you keep this way of improvement and patience, and ever release hell hunter 2, i'll gladly buy it.
finally. spoiler ahead!
spoiler.
i'm exploring the caves of the abiss now, but i want to talk about another thing.
i loved the torture part, whips? ok. electricity? ok. metal tools, cuts? ok. voiling oil? oooooh sh*t only imagining it makes me chill.
end of spoilers.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2021-04-09 02:33:51

this is because when people play the game it shows the pub the castle and the village, you can't seem to go anywhere else, and it's described like the castle will be the end destination, at least to me not a starting one

2021-04-09 03:19:50

@Valmorian
Oh, i see... so that's how it sounds, on the other hand Castlevania games are used to end inside Dracula's castle so it makes sense.
By the way Hell Hunter 1 has a linear structure (early game), so that's why you'll lack of choices of the next destination

@mr.brunete
Oooh... such a nice comment, that's so kind of you... thanks a lot!
Glad you like the game!

spoiler

hahaha, definitely... my favourite part to make!
Lemme know if you have troubles in the caves, that part is designed to make the player get lost

2021-04-09 03:48:23

Hi
Spoilers
What happens if you defeat Dracula in the begining? It's near impossible

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2021-04-09 04:26:31

@ulisesmonge40
Thanks for starting playing! In case you manage to win, you'll unlock a secret ending!
Almost impossible if you just started playing Hell Hunter, but not impossible... and now we also have one player who actually managed to defeat Dracula!

2021-04-09 04:29:42

@Tenkarider
I mean... The story continues normally, I think? If you defeat him you don't get an end, because is really the begining, my real question was really what happens when you defeat him, you go to the first plase

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2021-04-09 04:42:16

@ulisesmonge40

spoiler

Uhm... nope. If you win the secret ending starts right there, and the story stops there. End of the game, despite is really the beginning tongue
What literally happens in the secret ending i'm afraid you'll have to earn it with your own forces (in case i'd suggest you to try after you finish the game and beat secret bosses), or catch a stream in which that happens... anyway even if someone would spoil it, that wouldn't make justice to the experience of actually unlocking the secret ending and listening it on the moment.
The player who won against Dracula defined the secret ending... epic.

2021-04-09 05:03:01

I can put some tips here if you guys want me to, or I can record a video if Tinkarider is OK with that. I really don’t want to spoil it here, as you will not get the feeling of accomplishment.

2021-04-09 07:31:01

yeah, someone's description of it being the mimic bonus boss, except a bit faster and you unable to take as many hits is accurate. You just need to only commit two hits before evading the next blow, and maybe not attacking during the deadly attack phase if one isn't feeling lucky. Supposedly it'll die faster than the super bosses, so it's just a short test of dodging and attacking. A very rapid short test of dodging and attacking with minimal chances for errors, but it's not as long as the super bosses at full power.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-04-09 12:32:06

@Weston
I don't mind if you put some tips, maybe with a spoiler mark, worst case scenario you can record it if the request is high, on the other hand i'm afraid it will just lead to avoiding the challenge, after listening the video (and without the feeling of accomplishment)

2021-04-09 16:24:28

minor spoilers ahead
My main tip that I used for Dracula is to remember to count how many attacks he does before he transitions into a deadly attack. For me it was every four attacks or so that he did a deadly attack. Also, since he is so fast, it helps to memorize his combos and different patterns that he does so that you can predict him better. My other tip is to only go for two or three hits after every attack you dodge, and to not get greedy, as if his normal attack and then his deadly attack hit you, well, it’s wraps for you. My final tip is to not panic and always keep a level head. If you do panic and just mash the up arrow, he will destroy you.

2021-04-10 13:52:20

at Tenkarider,
I didn't think of saying anything because I thought the sound of the creatures was going to get turned up in thee full version, however it hasn't the goblin creature sound is fine the music is the issue as i can't can't attack the creatures properly. yes I did complete this part, but i did fine this a difficult part of the game as the main creatures which the music affects are the mountain pass 1's. when you defeat the goblin owever this doesn't matter because of course the music stops. if you can't do anything about the music then please at least turn up the volume on these creatures.
sorry for such a slow reply to your post

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2021-04-10 16:07:18

@Tech Geek
It's fine, don't worry... about the sound, actually i toned down the battle themes because they were a bit too loud, but the sounds of those creatures in that way stayed the same: the monsters of the mountain pass are all dodge type monster but since in the first version of the demo the voice announced their attack, those type of monsters were simply a piece o' cake i mean, they are monster that you don't even have to attack to win. When i removed the voices, their attack sound surprisingly revealed very low and the difficulty of their battle suddenly jumped: rather than being fixed i thought that it was actually cool and so i kept the sound as it is, with little extra balancement... the fact is that, to avoid that dodge type monsters were just the weak monsters of the game, i had to do something and well, just make them stronger/faster compared to the other monsters early game was just a pathetic excuse of game design so i decided it was worthy to work on the sound and rather making them harder to hear, without touching the parameters. And yes, the sound camouflage with the music of the battle is a wanted result so toning down the music means also lower the difficulty of some battles.
On the other hand i can actually work on a music adjustment option for a future update so that people who can't deal with the low sounds can tone down the volume, then again it means making easier some battles so please do it only if you're stuck in the game.
Just to avoid making a second update only for that, in case that's not enough (i can imagine some moments in which that won't be enough) i'll add an easy mode flag which will make you hear a sound alert for the normal attacks. Both the options will be handled manually from the player opening the inventory in any moment of the game, by default they will be deactivated, so the player will set the desired combination of those flags according to their needs and then will be able to deactivate them (hopefully) and proceed. (on a side note the extra options will be applied only to the battles and i'm pretty sure i'll restrict the options for the secret bosses and few other specific battles)

2021-04-10 22:34:29

@Tenkarider
While I was disappointed from Blind Quest, I've tried the demo of Hell Hunter yesterday and surprisingly, and while the demo is a bit out of date compared to the full version, I actually liked the game and will be buying it for sure. Yes the changes to Blind Quest weren't drastic but I liked the story, sound design and overall the game environment and elements. Thank you for the great work, I'll try to spread the word as much as I can, to let those who didn't have the chance to actually enjoy the experience like I did.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-10 23:22:32

Hello @Muhammad Hajjar! Thanks for playing so far, i'm glad you like the game! Also i appreciate a lot your feedback, thanks!

Oh, by the way i found a couple of new streamers which started streaming Hell Hunter recently, they joke around a lot but it's funny, i chuckled as well XD. Here's the link to their channel, if you guys want to check it out and follow them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldHg8L7hrqY&t=1575s
I wonder how far they will proceed in the game. I was wondering if one of the two was @Shiro perhaps? Dunno, about the other guy  i have no clue at all...

2021-04-11 12:40:04 (edited by Shiro 2021-04-11 19:16:09)

Hi @Tenkarider. Indeed it is me, and the other one is my friend, @Jason Blaze. We are having a lot of fun playing the game, and we are actually planning on finishing the series. And as a side note, I know that this is a shameless plug, but the second episode is actually out. Feel free to check it out At this link

2021-04-11 18:26:12

at Tenkarider,
thanks and yes I'll turn it down when I'm stuck then straight back up after when this update is out.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2021-04-11 20:36:40

hi there @Tenkarider, thanks for shareing our video haha.
btw, is there a way to copy my save file?

2021-04-11 22:12:46

@Shiro
Oh, that's neat... actually i shared the link after watching the second part.
I laughed when you went YOLO on the Alpha werewolf XD

@Tech Geek
Cool, anyway does that mean you found in the game some spot in which you literally cannot progress further?

@JasonBlaze
You're welcome, about the save file i'm not sure about that... probably if you know enough about how Unity stores the save datas you might copy them? But not even i know where's that location in the PC, so... to make a long story short it's quite unlikely you can copy the save file, beware!

2021-04-12 03:58:23

There's an update coming? Good!
I unfortunately am going through a lot of neural problems at this moment, some of which are pretty life threatening. While I wait for neurologist checkup scheduled for next week thanks to the hospital not freaking caring, I'll take this time off to finish the game and hope for the best. It doesn't seem to get any better though. I have everything from spasms, fatigue, breathing difficulty, restless legs syndrome and more symptoms keep popping up. This morning as I'm typing, I'm upset for no reason at all, signalling emotional problem coming up. Wish me luck guys. I have no idea what's wrong. Didn't find anything in my blood yesterday but they scheduled me for neurologist which is a plus. Can't wait to see what comes next in my game. I need anything to calm myself down.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-12 15:04:32 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-12 15:05:04)

@mata
Yeah, there will be an update, although it won't happen soon... it's more probable that Hell Hunter 2 will be released before that happens, and that should mean months...
Anyway i'm feeling sorry for your conditions, it sounds really tough... I wish you the best!

2021-04-12 15:11:40

Hello
Can I transfer the save file for the demo to the full version? Not sure if this question has been asked before, sorry about that.