2021-04-13 21:07:24

spoiler
The first three not so much. the forth is a pain especially when there's something in the background. I'm getting through it.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-13 21:52:43

@mata

spoiler

Yeah, that's the toughest one, don't give up.
By the way, what do you mean by something in background? The only thing that can appear at a certain point is the sound of your heartbeat, which starts when you're about to die

2021-04-13 22:38:35

No I mean when I have stuff in my background and get distracted, sometimes it's hard to catch the beginning of the sound. But admittedly the sound itself gives me enough chill.
I'm in everyone's beloved cave now. How do you even farm blood to survive this place anyway? It seems hard.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-04-13 23:47:21

@mata
Oh, i see... the game in some points requires a lot of focus, so the noise nearby the room doesn't help at all.
Hahaha, i managed to make the players hate the caves of the abyss XD

spoiler

Aside the starting 3 blood vials and a medical kit nearby, you won't get blood anywhere, except from monsters.
Drop rates are always low, so first of all you have the healing save point in the pile of bones, that's your life insurance inside the caves, rather than farming i'd say make sure to know which monsters are safe to fight and which ones are not, in my opinion the worst ones are the Crawler (the ones in the depth which you hear crawling when they attack, also the ones which get faster) and another one which gets stronger, they easily are the ones which will make you waste blood vials, instead of dropping them.
It also depends on your level, if you are at level 6 and at have at least 3 blood vials, then you can attempt to farm some Lurker, the other monster in the depths which makes 3 silent steps when it attacks, it must be killed before it runs away, or it will just a waste of time and blood vials but gives a lot of exp and has a high drop rate of blood vials.
Said that, it's better you focus on finding the exit, rather than farming... seems like people as they get stuck, eventually end up fighting a lot on the way...

2021-04-14 01:25:28

I am extremely confused, can I have some help with this area?

Spoilers
I'm stuck on the caves of the abyss. I found the wide area and what appears to be a number of dead ends (the one south of that passage roughly southish of the Wide Area, the one I think north west south of the wide area, and the one two north of the wide area. I've been to what feels like every depths room and examined every corpse. Still the wind current is saying I haven't found enough dead ends. I've also found the slide path and used it though it just seems to take me to the depths room I already found. I also found the corpse with the shovel though it won't let me pick up the shovel so I guess if there is a trigger for something involving that I haven't found it yet.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-04-14 01:37:50 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-14 01:38:34)

Hello @stewie! Thanks to play so far!

spoiler

To consider explored the three dead ends there's a specific spot that you have to examine for each one of them:
in the northest one you have to examine the standing corpse
in the other two you have to examine the ledge.
And this will make the trick and you can examine the wind current, just make sure you examine them after the game says to search for dead ends

2021-04-14 03:17:16

@Tenkarider thanks for the help, I just completed the game. That was definitely fun and I'll be playing the sequel for sure when it comes out.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-04-14 03:19:03 (edited by janagirl 2021-04-14 03:20:00)

@tenkarider:
I would need a small tip if possible. Now I don't know what to do anymore.
spoiler
I already fought the monster in the prison in the manor and also fought the mist demon. And I was in the treasure room of the ghost ship.
Now I have no idea anymore.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2021-04-14 03:32:03

@stewie
Congratulations! Thanks for the feedback
Oh, by the way... have you fought the secret bosses as well?

@janagirl

spoiler

Just to be sure... unlike the other 2 bosses, you said you just were in the treasure room... you also defeated the mimic, right?
You didn't mentioned it but may i assume you defeated the Mannequin, along with the mist demon?
In the harbor village there's also a girl which has a quest for you.
If after doing this stuff you go in the plains and finish the game and it tells you that you have completed the game at 100%, then that's all for now!

2021-04-14 03:36:09

@tenkarider
right, I did everything, also the quest with the girl.
The plains - I'm just not sure where to find this place.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2021-04-14 03:41:35 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-14 03:42:38)

@janagirl

spoiler

ok, did you remember the hills, the room in which you are, as soon as you exit from the cave of the abyss? In that room there's the access to the plains which is where there's the final battle.
You couldn't enter immediately because you had to get your stuff from the cave of Deis but after that you should return there and finish the game... actually you were supposed to do that before returning inside the speedboat and doing the secret quests

2021-04-14 03:59:47 (edited by janagirl 2021-04-14 04:24:50)

@tenkarider:
yeah, of course, I remembered myself and went there. And finally, I managed to complete the game!
But it said that I completed it to only 99 %, I don't know what I missed.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2021-04-14 04:59:12 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-14 05:00:16)

@janagirl
Great job! In the game there are few spots which must be examined at least once, and there are a few ones which when examined it says something different or give you something.

spoiler

The first thing which comes into my mind is the typewriter in the manor, once you get the Ink Ribbon from the prisoner if you check the typewriter something different happens: if the player knows the reference about resident evil, it probably does that immediately but if that's not the case then it can be missed.
If that's not what you missed then tomorrow i'll write down a list of the stuff that might not be found from the player due to being neither mandatory and neither a secret quest as well

2021-04-14 05:49:29

Hmm, I think I checked the typewriter, it said something other then before but I had no idea what it meant.
If it would be possible, write this list, that would be cool.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2021-04-14 10:02:46

Oh wait the pile of bones save point can heal you? Neato! I think that area is perfect for grinding then!

2021-04-14 12:24:48

Hey there
I'm in the cave of the abyss. Where do I find the corpse with the shovel? Should I search in the wide area or in the depths? Thanks.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-14 16:13:31 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-14 16:17:56)

@mata
Yeah, if when you save the game you hear an heartbeat, then it means that it's a healing save point
which level you are, by the way?

@Muhammad Hajjar
spoiler
that corpse is in the depths

@janagirl

spoiler

Ah, that was how you save the game in resident evil, so it's definitely an easter egg, anyway that's not an actual save point so you better not quit the game right after checking the typewriter, or you'll lose that progress.
here's the list of all minor stuff to find in order to finishing the game at 100% for real:
SUPER SPOILER
1) in the wastelands you have to examine the dead tree, that might be easily missed from who played the demo before buying the game, since it might just want to skip minor stuff already done in the demo;
2) in the manor, when you return for the side quest, make sure to enter again in the clock room, you'll hear a second time the pendulum clock, which says it's 9:00 am, that will increase the game progression %;
3) in the same room make sure that the revenants crashed both the two windows, that will happen even when you come back in the manor;
4) in the room in which you fight the nosferatu, after winning the table is destroyed, if you check it again, there's a hidden blood vial to find here;
5) in harbor village, after defeating the crowd, if you speak to the doctor he will give you 3 blood vials. That works even when returning for the side quests (actually i have the feeling that it will be missed before leaving with the speedboat the first time);
6) in the harbor village, in the same room of the girl you have to check the weathervane at least once;
7) in the harbor village underground, in the room of the save point you have to check the bones at least once;
8) inside the ghost ship, in the room where you use the rusty key there's a puddle to check at least once, it might be missed due to being among two ghosts or maybe it might have been examined but then the player dies against a ghost or something and loses that progress which is not mandatory;
9) in the cave of the abyss (one of the passage rooms) there's a carabiner which must be checked at least once;
10) still in the cave of the abyss (one of the passage rooms) you must check at least once the columns;
11) i wouldn't count this but well you should find all the blood vials from the spots, anyway aside the ones mentioned above, the other are found just checking once so it's unlikely you miss those ones, except maybe the medical kit that you find in the caves of the abyss. Two exceptions are the medical kit in the forest and the one inside the lumberjack house which both don't increase the game completion %
When you do the stuff i listed then it's granted that if you go and finish the game again, you'll hear that you finished the game at 100% and hear a different message

2021-04-14 19:10:52

Hi Tenkarider,
Thanks for the tip. And by the way, the game is fantastic, and I'm pretty much looking forward to Hell Hunter 2 which I'll be buying for sure.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-14 19:32:19

Greetings! @Tenkarider, I sent you a pm. smile

2021-04-14 21:07:00 (edited by Tenkarider 2021-04-14 21:37:50)

@Muhammad Hajjar
Thanks a lot! Thanks in advance for your support

@Shiro
Hi! Now i'm gonna check it out! (answered it)

2021-04-14 22:25:08

Wait, so any save points with heartbeat means it can heal you?

2021-04-14 22:28:17

@mata
That's correct

2021-04-14 23:27:35

Nice! I thought it was just random.
What level is recommend for cave of the abyss then?

2021-04-15 01:30:42

@mata
You probably enter here at level 5, the reccomened level should be level 6 and technically you should exit from here at level 6 or 7... i also imaginated that in the worst case scenario the player would escape from here at level 8, but what actually happened is that they also exit from there at level 9 while trying to figure out the stuff to do, so yeah, i think there's no reason to grind in this place, considered that the final boss is balanced on level 7 and the first secret boss on level 8

2021-04-15 01:40:45

@Tenkarider:
yeah was wondering about the inc as well.
spoiler:
prisoner? wa? where is that? underground? the scary crying woman? or the sealed door? how do you open that btw sad