2021-03-03 11:54:12

Hello.
I used to play the Air version of Trials In Tainted Space, which, if I understand correctly, does not require installed Flash Player to play the game.
Some parts of the game were never accessible and some puzzles were impossible to pass without cheating, but the game generally was possible to play.
But recently the game became unplayable.
I am using NVDA and so far it worked.
Now when I run the game NVDA reads buttons in seemingly random order and I cannot force NVDA to enter browse mode and read the text normally.
Any idea how to fix this?
Here is the link to download the latest version of the game:
https://www.fenoxo.com/play/latest_airzip.php

2021-03-03 15:31:21

If it is using Adobe air, that's probably why.

2021-03-03 16:20:55

It worked fine before.
I last played at the beginning of January, at least my save file says so.
So nothing can be done about it?
Except wait until they release the game in another engine?

2021-03-03 18:30:10

I heard it's able to be played on the browser still...

2021-03-03 22:57:28

Wait, someone made a game and called it tits? Do they know it spells tits?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-03-03 23:30:14

@5:

Given the kind of game this is, they deliberately chose the name for precisely that reason.

Sadly I don't have any idea why it would suddenly become unplayable.

2021-03-03 23:55:30

Is playing this game through the web difficult?

2021-03-04 00:14:08

Tried to play through internet explorer.. Yeah, its not working.

2021-03-04 01:52:38

I've managed to play.. Aparently there is a circuit minigame thats inaccessible. How to bipass it?

2021-03-04 06:58:50

@caio
How did you get it working?

2021-03-04 11:05:28

@defender Download the windows verssion, the game should work properly.

2021-03-04 11:05:50

I just don't know how to get past the minigames.

2021-03-04 12:35:31

@defender I just downloaded the lattest windows verssion from fenoxo's website.

2021-03-04 22:05:32 (edited by Luel 2021-03-04 22:30:25)

@caio, what did you do to get it to work?
As I said, the game stopped working for me and I was unable to play it in a web browser long ago.
As for minigames, these are not accessible for us.
The only way for us to pass them is using the impulse cheat.
Can you tell me with which one are you dealing exactly?
I may be able to help you to pass it.
I found the way to use this cheat in some situations.

2021-03-05 00:10:21

@luel
I didn't do nothing, just downloaded the game from Fenoxos website.
How do I use this cheat?

2021-03-05 00:28:45

i'D LIKE TO PASS THE INITIAL MINIGAME, THE ONE WHERE YOU HAVE TO REROUT THE STATION'S POWER TO OPEN THE AIRLOCK.

2021-03-05 06:29:50 (edited by Luel 2021-03-05 06:39:09)

Curious what happened to me then.
I would very much like to have the game working again.
The impulse cheat allows to choose the specyfic scene ID and read said scene, but it also can be used for cheating.
It requires searching The Source Code.
I know nothing about programming, but in this case finding what I want is easy enough if one knows what to look for.
I can give an example, if you are interested.
So the new tutorial has a crappy minigame too?
Damn.
Unfortunately, since I am unable to play, I cannot check this content and I do not know what to search for.
Searching for "airlock minigame" gave nothing useful.
If the source code has not been updated, I will be unable to find it anyway.
So it seems I cannot help with this problem right now.
Anything else is possible to find, so I probably will be able to help with others.

2021-03-05 06:51:23

This is why ~trials in tainted space never got a db page.
though I must admit I miss corruption of champions, which doesn't even work in internet explorer these days, although it's not worked with NVDA for quite a while.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-05 08:10:14 (edited by Luel 2021-03-05 08:14:22)

Developers are currently working on a javascript port for Trials In Tainted Space.
Maybe it will be more accessible than the Flash version.
I miss Corruption of Champions too, particularly as I never completed the game and did not reach the ending.
Corruption of Champions 2, however, is accessible.
It does have a mode for screenreader users, which allows skipping certain puzzles.
I usually skip only one puzzle, the rest I can complete.
If something like that could be done in TITS, these minigames would no longer be a problem.
There is a lot of them in the game and some are unavoidable.

2021-03-05 09:14:13

At risk of horrible Double entendre's , I had a quick play with Trials in Tainted space back in the day, but settled on it looking like more frustration than it was worth, what with the need to end up pushing at so many random bits of the interface.

If the newer version could be built in a slightly more accessible way that would be nice, I do remember access discussion of the original trials in tainted space didn't go well and was literally refused, though on the other hand as you said, CoC 2 has a helpful screen reader mode.

Actually if so, CoC 2 probably does need a db page.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-05 12:39:20

@luek
The latest verssion of TITS can be downloaded from the developer's page. fenoxo.com/play-games/
there is an initial area with at least 3 minigames. I do think a screenreader mode would be helpful.

2021-03-05 18:26:25 (edited by Tensoon the Kandra 2021-03-05 21:07:53)

There is also a Corruption of Champions html port in the works.  Check the mods page for corruption of champions on the fenoxo forums.  I only tried it briefly to see if it worked.  I could play it without issue.  It is not complete though.   It is being updated often and should be complete one of these days.

2021-03-05 19:44:23

@Tensoon, please keep an eye on that one, since that would rock!
I've actually rather missed CoC, I got a long ways into the game, defeated the factory, unlocked a lot of locations, got a hole bunch of camp followers and was busy levelling up until I was tough enough to take on the final castle.
Then I annoyingly lost my save.

2021-03-05 19:45:41 (edited by Luel 2021-03-05 20:34:14)

Do you mean This Mod?
I forgot about it.
I want to wait for it to be complete before playing.
Dark, I missed your post.
Let me guess.
You losing your save was CCleaner's fault?
It happened to me with both COC and TITS.
I remember playing until I finished the first part of Lethice's stronghold.
I had most followers, excluding corrupted ones and the harpy, because she was useless for pure female characters.
By the time the second part of Lethice's stronghold has been added, playing the game in a browser stopped working for me and I lost my save.

2021-03-05 21:05:12

@Luel
Yes,that is the mod I was referring to.  I see the last update was late in February, so it is definitely still active.  I have no idea how close to completion it is though.