2021-03-11 20:29:59

@Defender, not using Jaws I haven't run into this placemaker thing, do you think I should mention it on the entry? I do use several of the in game graphics to find stuff EG it's easy enough to get to the description of your current room by going down from the graphics of your characters, or heck just typing the word "electrum" into the find feature and then hitting f3, since your coin total is shown on every page.

I mentioned the screen reader mode, and change of time setting. I also tried disabling graphics but that didn't seem to make as much difference.
I tried out the simplified and slow combat settings, but I was less crazy on these since slow combat actually increased the number of button presses needed, while missing out on combat descriptions in a turn based game was a little disappointing, though if people fancied these for spam reduction I could see the point.

the two things I'd like to get rid of, are the  "zoom in" and "map crosshair" buttons under the description, since as a VI user those really don't do anything but take up space, and the rather odd way that there is a bunch of empty, none working buttons kicking around on every page, often labelled with their last used action, such as equip or the name of powers, but which don't do anything, although I'm guessing these are place holders for the in game hotkeys, and so probably an integral part of the interface that can't be moved.

The only other thing that rather confuses me is the way that the descriptions of your characters powers, or indeed anyone else's powers, are repeated a hole bunch of times if you look at their stats, indeed at first I thought I was just getting the guard stance description read over and over and over again and there was a mouseover problem. I'm guessing these are to do with the same power being described in empty power slots, when I don't have other powers to fill them, but it's a shame the description can't change to "slot so and so empty", for the slots your not using.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-11 21:34:41

Good description, Dark.
One of the things I would mentione is that, unlike the previous game, the transformation can be regulated with alchemy.
Alchemy can be done either in the shop or in the camp after buying the set for it.
A player needs a transformation item, a reagent responsible for the specific change, and some electrum.
The other thing I would mentione is the ability to filter and search powers in the journal.
The player can acquire a lot of powers and the ability to sort through them is very useful.

2021-03-12 00:21:40 (edited by Dark 2021-03-12 00:32:31)

@Luel, good to know, I didn't quite get far enough to investigate alchemy, though I did find various items, and while I saw the power search function I haven't had chance to use it yet.
I've updated the db description with that information, and also mentioned Defender's tips about using Jaws' Placemaker function.

I have asked in the topic about the complete CoC mod whether the items from Giacomo are still available in the game and how otherwise complete the game is. If it is indeed complete, or even mostly complete, I'll give it another go and see if I can bring down Lethice before I dive into the second game, ---- much as I did find Kait the cat girl rather cute big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-03-12 01:00:44 (edited by Luel 2021-03-12 01:01:34)

Last time I checked, I was under the impression the mod was not completed yet.
Let me know if you get the answer.
I will play it if it is complete.
After all, I also did not have a chance to put Lethice in her place.

2021-03-12 21:47:01

Okay I haven't had an answer yet, but I've been playing through the mod, currently level 5, all stats between 40 and 50, have got Jojo and shuldra as followers, am cultivating relationships with amily and marble, as well as unlocked Tel'adre and the cathedral. I'm just looking for enough white books to learn white magic, though I've already learned charge weapon and a couple of black magic spells, and wondering whether I'm going to get enough green slime to make armour before I get enough gems to buy some big_smile.

Apart from Giacomo's items, I'm not noticing any glaring lacks in the game, and even as to his items, I've already found the hentai comic, and according to the mod topic in post 24, the only thing actually missing from the mod content wise is Giacomo, and everything else, up to and including Lethice's stronghold is already in the game.

2021-03-12 22:40:41 (edited by Luel 2021-03-12 22:44:34)

This is some serious encouragement to start playing again.
Just to clarify, Scholar's Tea and Vitality Tincture which Giacomo sold are not in the game?
This is too bad since I used to use them to raise stats.
They are also needed for some NPCs.
For books, just hunt the sand witches in the desert.
Dominika also teaches spells, but be careful with her, she is one sneaky lady.
Visiting her too often is not good for one's health.

2021-03-12 23:42:53 (edited by Dark 2021-03-12 23:46:20)

@Luel, Yep, I remember Giacomo's items were sort of the first major stat boosts with no down sides, as well as having some other uses.

I've found the Hentai comic and it's mentioned in the topic that the yoga guide is possible to get elsewhere, but I don't know if an alternative for getting the other items has been added to the game yet, or if that's yet to be included, but everything else seems to be there from what I've gathered.

Oh, and as a bonus, C cleaner no longer wipes out saves.

2021-03-13 01:19:15 (edited by Luel 2021-03-13 01:21:42)

I was unable to resist and started playing again.
I probably forgot more than I remember.
One item I am having bad luck finding is Succubus Milk.
Every imp I defeated dropped either Imp Food or Incubus Draft.
And I want it for speed and to get a certain Goo Girl slave.
Bad luck or is it not in the game?
Regarding learning spells, when you reach Teladre, study in the tower in evening.
But what you read is random if I remember correctly.

2021-03-13 01:55:46 (edited by Dark 2021-03-13 01:56:35)

Succubus milk is definitely in the game, I've seen it and tried it, though I don't remember where it drops from or who gives it to you, other than the succubus with Marcus.

I just did something really stupid, got to level 8, defeated the factory through use of the bee stinger and got the bad end shortly after through special honey substance abuse, and not only forgot to save, but didn't try the new game plus option or check whether there was a  back button etc, though I confess having the bee stinger perk made the factory a cake walk.

Yes, this was very  dumb!! especially the not saving part big_smile.

I can't speak on the goo girl slave, since that is one I didn't even get previously, mostly because \I wwas playing a male pc and eggs are hard to come by.

2021-03-13 07:07:23

Oh poor you.
That had to hurt.
Pity the game does not have a "Save to file" option.
Or it does and I did not notice?
The succubus from Marcus spams Succubus Delight, which is a balls transformation and nothing else, which I do not need at the moment.
I play a female character and did not get to getting extra equipment yet.
Amily will freak out and I am not interested in that drama.
Yes, I can imagine why bee stinger worked beautifully on demons.
I remember using it too, at least until I got to the transformation I really wanted to have.
My favourite is Kitsune transformation with its perks, but it is going to be a pain in the arse to get.
Dragon transformation gives a powerful attack, but I am not willing to lose Kitsune perks after working so hard to get them.
So nope, Kitsune it is.
I also like using the perk from Shouldra.
I usually take lessons from both Kelt (I hate the character though) and Raphael.
Other than that, I hunt for items and perks which benefit my magic using character.
As for eggs, if you recruit Marble, you can give her Ovi Elixir, but the colour of her eggs is random, same like for the player.

2021-03-13 08:11:08

Actually, amusingly enough the game does have a save to file option, although the internal saving system also seems pretty consistent from what I gather so I haven't used it as yet, which as I said makes me all the more a great big dingbat for not saving bee for I ran into the honey trap big_smile.

succubus milk can be got from the imps, though the best way of finding them is continuing to use the explore button, which gives some general low level encounters like imps and goblins. I'm trying to get enough succubus milk to put one over on Kelt at the moment.

I'm playing a male pc as I did before, although the game has a lot of interesting female options, and usually going my route of paladin, namely focus on physical attacks with buffs that complement, so lots of white magic spells and perks for combat evasion, along with Jojo's training, though I am finding the possess special a handy route when I need to lustify something into submission, indeed I took out a level 13 spider morph that way while being level 8.

I've now cleared the factory and am working up to the deep woods. I forgot that the high mountain loads on the next page of places, so for a while was stuck at level 9 having a choice of really low level, or higher level monsters, which was a miner pest, although oddly enough the high mountain seems skewed towards encountering npcs like Sophie, Mizumi  and Minerva rather than monsters, though whether this is just my weird luck I don't know.

2021-03-13 10:04:34 (edited by Luel 2021-03-13 10:07:53)

What the honey bad end does?
I do not remember it and I am a bee now too, so I would like to avoid...
Good luck with Kelt, I hate the bastard.
But do you not need corruption to do that to him?
Also Whitney will be displeased.
I do not remember if she will ban you from the farm, but save just in case.
I found the Succubus Milk, must had bad luck before.
The lack of Vitality Tincture however is going to be a problem.
How I am supposed to help Arian without it?
I found him already, so I hope it is solved somehow.
I will have to play and find out.
If I remember correctly, there are Basilisks in High Mountains.
Also Harpies, aside from Sophie.
So they are not in the game or you have a bad luck.
I take perks which require intelligence and speed, after all the magical first.
I am curious, does Raphael appear for the male character?
Because perks from him are useful in combat.
He preferes females and freaks out when one becomes a hermaphrodite after meeting him, so male players could miss these perks.
I probably will make my character a hermaphrodite at some point, after I get the transformation I want.
An Anemone cock is one time opportunity and I do not want a transformation to mess it up.
There is no alchemy for the player in this game to avoid unwanted transformations.

2021-03-13 10:36:29 (edited by Dark 2021-03-13 10:52:32)

Okay I've progressed a bit further, I've finished the deep cave and am now level 10, once Marble has moved to camp, she'll occasionally give you items she's found foraging, one of those is vitality Tincture, I've given one to Arian at the moment, and am waiting for the god of random numbers to give me more, but this will be a slow process without a place to buy them.

I now have Phylla as well, and should get amaly and sophy soon, although at this point the grindage is getting mildly irritating since other than scaling encounters like the imp lords and goblin assassins, finding monsters around my level is mildly annoying, and I'm still trying to grind for white books to find those useful defensive spells, those stingy witches keep giving me either black books or random junk, though if I remember to check the time I might try the study option in the tower.

Rafael only shows up for female players according to the wiki, so none of those skills for me, though I agree about dex based perks being really useful.

Btw, If I do find a black egg, I have no idea how to have sex with a goo girl (wow I didn't think I'd ever right that sentence), since while they're very easy to take out, either winning with lust or violence just leads to the game telling me they're no use in my quest.

2021-03-13 11:47:40 (edited by Luel 2021-03-13 11:48:10)

Too bad we are unable to play these other mods.
I think something was done about Raphael in one of them and it would be nice to have back Giacomo's items.
Not to mention all of the unfinished content, like Minerva purrification which is present in these modes.
Bees dropped white books for me sometimes, so fight them until you get them all.
Or study in the tower.
In CoC sex scenes require a character has at least 33 lust, so maybe it is the problem you are having with the goo girl?
I had two or three sex scenes with her, but not every time I fought her and I was not paying attention to lust, just went with it when the option presented itself.
For levelling, maybe try Swamp and Bog after High Mountains?
What about Helia in the Plains?
Sparring with Minerva used to give good experience too.
There was also a female Oni somewhere.
But maybe she and Minerva are too high level for you at the moment.
I do not remember exact levels.
I do not have Phylla yet, the collony appears very rarely for me.
But on a plus side, only one or two fights left.
I want my transformation and some followers first, then I see about progressing the story.

2021-03-13 22:18:24 (edited by Tensoon the Kandra 2021-03-14 17:17:35)

I saw on the Fenoxo news update he talked about a game he played which was called Monster girl dreams.  The post said it is text based so I gave it a try.  It is made with Ren Py, just press V when the game starts to turn on Sappi.  You can find it at  https://threshold.itch.io/monster-girl-dreams 
Not everything is selectable, I had to use OCR and snap mouse to navigator object or whatever with NVDA to select stats at the start of the game.

I managed to get through a fight or two before I got bored with how slow Sappi is.  Might be worth checking out for people with more patience.
It plays like a RPG, looks like it has quests, items etc.   It also has a turn based combat system.  It even has a weakness system based on fetishes and stuff.
I did not want to make a separate topic for this because I did not fully test it.  It really seems doable though.

2021-03-14 15:11:18 (edited by Dark 2021-03-14 15:12:00)

@Luel, had some nice feedback from the dev as regards the CoC port, and adding at least some of Giacomo's potions to the roster of another shopkeeper in the game, with perhaps alternative names and descriptions so as not to step on any toes.

There's also been an update with new bug squashing as well, though I've not tried it yet since I want to save my current game to a file first.

@Tensoon, Thanks for letting us know about the monster game, I'm not really experienced with the hole Ren py visual novel thing, so I'll wait on this one, particularly since I find I do get a little erotic monster overload from these sorts of things big_smile.

2021-03-14 15:44:26 (edited by Luel 2021-03-14 15:49:11)

@Dark, thank you for the information.
I downloaded the update and loading my save file worked without the need to start a new game.
I am really glad these potions will be added back or replaced.
Their lack does annoy me.
If you still have problems levelling, try High Mountains, Swamp and Bog areas.
I am around level 12 now too and fight mostly in these areas.
In High Mountains there is an Oni girl who is level 20, but everyone else is fair game.
Regarding eggs, characters with a vagina can use Ovi Elixir, then choose the colour of the egg in the encounter while exploring the lake.
There is some harpy in High Mountains who traids eggs for Ovi Elixirs, but I did not meet her yet.

2021-03-15 05:51:48

@Luel
Sand witches also drop both white and black books, plus Dominica from the bar can give you them as well I believe.
I could never get the tower to work my self...  Maybe after helping the lizard dude?
Also, do you remember what it is the Minataur baker wants me to collect?  Sometimes he asks, then gets super pissed when I don't have it LOL.

2021-03-15 06:40:43 (edited by Luel 2021-03-15 06:45:01)

@Defender, you do not need Arian or complete Dominika's story to be able to study in the tower.
Just go to the tower during the day the first time and meet the librarian, he will prevent you from studying.
After that go in the evening.
I went at 19:00 and 20:00 hour.
18:00 may also work.
Keep in mind what book you read is random, so save and reload.
I know who drops magic books and I gave link to Dominika's wiki page in an earlier post because Dark was hunting for spells.
The minotaur chef wants a vial of Bee Honey and a vial of Lust Draft.
The honey is dropped by bees and the draft is dropped by shark girls, or it can be bought from Lumi.
If something does not work, it probably means the wrong honey.

2021-03-15 07:28:30

Okay I've chatted to adev in that topic, and suggested some alternative names and descriptions for Schollar's tea and vitality tincture, and they'll apparently be added to Lumi's lab in the next release, which will be good.

I think the eventual plan is to replace all of Giacomo's stuff and maybe other bits of the game that can't be used too, but these are imho the most urgent items because of their effect on other parts of the game. Whether more content will be added after that point I'm not sure.

2021-03-15 08:34:52

Good.
That will be a huge help since they can be used to raise stats without unwanted transformations.
Speaking of Lumi's lab, could you suggest adding it to the "Places" menu instead of it randomly appearing during exploration?
Dark, do you still have trouble with acquiring the goo girl slave?
I finally got her with purified Succubus Milk and black egg in the inventory.
The scene triggered after raising my character's lust instead of normal scene.

2021-03-15 08:55:02

Thanks Luel!

2021-03-15 11:20:38

@Defender, you are welcome.
For anyone interested, there is a new version of Corruption Of Champions 2.

2021-03-16 10:37:12

Good news:

Adev wrote:

I have made an accelerated release available here (CoC (17).zip md5: ecfe6d9956eb2661cbde3f4ef673397c). The link in the first post has not been updated to allow some testing for interested parties first - please make a backup of important saves and report any issues - you can not downgrade save games.

The obvious change is replacing Scholar's Tea with Brain Brew and Vitality Tincture with Aqua Vitae. Both new items are now available from Lumi and should transparently replace the old ones throughout the game. There are some other changes in the background but these should not be noticeable.

And you can download the new version on this link.
should make both raising stats and getting Arian much easier.

2021-03-16 11:38:37

And I can confirm, with this release it's possible to recruit Arian and build your stats, hurrah!