2021-02-13 16:51:12

The difference is that whoever's on the receiving end can be like oh another dumb fuck and let go of it. If we do that, it leaves an impression that the rest of us have to try to disentangle ourselves from.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-13 16:54:29

@Zarvox
I don't see you as an asshole.  I see you as troubled, and acting in an irrational fashion.  Most of humanity does that at some point, and I'm no exception, but you won't get out of the hole you're in until you sit down and look at things rationally and separate out what's you and what's actually a problem and then figure out what to do about it.

A lot of what you're describing is entirely typical experiences.  Even "mail is on the table, and a specific person wants to sort it" is just a typical "I live with someone else in the house" and even something sighted people totally face too.  If that sort of thing annoys you then you're only going to get full control if you live entirely alone, or with a *very* understanding roommate.

Also, as mentioned in @92 the rehab centers might be a good idea if you can get into one.  They're basically a few weeks where you go live on their campus and have a very intense "in 3 weeks you will be able to live alone" bootcamp.  I always forget about them because I never really needed one or even looked into it, but it may be a good option for you.

@95
Being dragged across the house when you're 5 because you are not going to listen no matter what and there's no option because you're not old enough to be talked to or whatever: not great, should be the last resort, but at least understandable.  When you're 14 or 15 and it was because you pointed out that your parents don't know what marriage means because they just got a divorce and your dad does that and everyone gets upset enough that he's backed you and your mom into the corner and terrified you both out of your minds, you say you're going to call the police, and he hands you the phone and dares you to do it?  My mom was actually the one that called a bit later on because I had the typical holy shit shutdown now 14-year-old response,  but yeah.  My relationship is actually pretty okay with him now, because--he's not ever going to say sorry, in fact he remembers this whole incident differently because he's the sort of person who rewrites the past.  But he's no longer a domineering asshole.  I don't see him as dad anymore, though, just as a sort of friend-with-mutual-obligations.

I'm not sharing that for sympathy, just because maybe it's helpful to share it here.  I got over it a long time ago.

As for bank accounts, Zarvox's parents only have access because they're giving them access.  Until 18 in the U.S. you're a minor and a lot of banks will work with your parents and such, I believe, though maybe it's possible to remove the name back then too, I'm not sure.  But what's happened here is that one way or another their dad's name was on the account.  If he removes dad, replaces the card, and changes the pin, dad can only get in by breaking the law.  Which maybe he would, and maybe Zarvox wouldn't do anything because families are complicated, but yeah.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-02-13 17:08:19

@GrannyCheeseWheel: HAHAHAHA! Have you ever heared about the toxic gaming community?
So, as far as I know, it is not the blind fault.
The problem is exactly the same in this area.

2021-02-13 18:52:14

I don't know why I have to keep reiterating what should be obvious. It doesn't matter what everyone else does. We're a very minor subset of people. What toxic gamers do is irrelevant to this discussion. When one of us fucks up, we all get judged as fuck ups.

How many people do you think run across a blind person in their entire lives? Look at the unemployment rate of blind people, and look at the statistics that show how many of us there are on a global scale. So it's quite easy to see that if the one time in someone's life they meet a blind person, and that encounter is an unpleasant one, they'll think we're all like that.

Again, it's not right, it's not fair, but it is a thing. I feel like most of you are drifting through life in dream mode, with no clue as to what's really going on. It's sad honestly. In dream land, you'll do anything to not see reality for what it is.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-13 19:05:36

@102, yeah lol no. Without going into too many details, the hole house dragging thing happened to me, again, as early as a few weeks ago. Needless to say that was shortly before I moved out. I actually threatened to call the police on my dad when I was 15, that, did not end well.
Banks in this country are kind of weird. As far as I'm aware, at least as regards minors, there are literally no federal laws in place as regards what banks are and are not allowed to do. When I say I got my bank account at 13, I mean I literally got all the shit in my name when I was that age. I still didn't have full control until a lot later, I didn't have my details in a form I could read until September 2019 because my parent's wouldn't give them to me and I was too scared to ask someone from college to do it, and I didn't get online banking until I was 17 because, again, my parents didn't want me to have it. They also flipped out when they realized I'd turned off paper statements and tried to force me to re enable them, but I wasn't about to just take their shit at that point.

2021-02-13 19:36:07

@105
If you are going to call the police on a parent, don't threaten. Just do it.  But sounds like you got out, so at this point that's probably irrelevant.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-02-13 20:10:02

@granny

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-02-13 20:30:58

I'm here.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-13 21:02:24

@haily_merry, They can take it out because their name is on the account and they have full access. And in the US, when my mom set up a savings account for me when I was like twelve or thirteen, her name had to be on it

2021-02-13 21:23:18

That's the thing with the word cunt, It's a word that's always without fail going to piss someone off, not slightly piss them off, but all the way up to 11 pissed off. Cunt is used as a term of endearment here more than it is an insult ("I love that cunt he's a fuckin legend," for example) but someone is always going to overhear the word being said and flip their shit accordingly. Maybe don't use cunt on the internet though, unless you genuinely want to insult someone by calling them a cunt and if you do then go nuts.
Re: I'd really like to see a whole lot less armchair psychology and espousing of grand theories of humanity from this forum.
Are you a psychologist? If yes, yay for you... Now quit with the fucking gatekeeping.
If no, Then still yay for you... but don't attempt to gatekeep stuff that you know dick about.
The amount of times I've seen what essentially boils down to you're not X, so should not be putting forth your opinions on Y and should only say Z is fucking astounding.
I'm no meteorologist, but if one were peeing on me, then telling me that there was in fact a 100% chance of precipitation today and that armchair meteorologists such as myself are wrong and just need to stop then I'd be putting Pissy McPissface right pretty sharpish.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2021-02-13 21:28:25

*yawn*

2021-02-14 00:00:26

Lol ... I started writing a draft, then deleted it, started writing another then decided it wasn't worth opening another cann of worms as I was tired, and still am, and didn't think I could express myself properly.
I guess I accidentally hit the submit button.
My god damn cunt of a brain is dying. big_smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-02-14 00:23:50

How dare you use such fowl language! Such blinkospheric trash! May your soul be suffered to eternal horrors such as having someone blow into their microphone at 59999 gain, or rooting yanky doodle at 9000000 gain.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-14 01:00:28

Or someone blaring German X-files at you so loud, the tectonic plates shift and California breaks off and goes into the ocean.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-14 04:39:43

@1 couldn't agree more.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2021-02-14 05:43:20

I'm sure my dad would be fine with me moving my stuff over. All I have to do is say that I need to practice banking skills. But I haven't debated on whether I want the 10000 now so I can build credit, or if I want to wait a little longer to be able to apply for ssi. That's exactly why my dad won't put it in, because he wants me to get ssi. I told him that's a stupid idea. But I'm starting to think maybe not after all. He will return the 10000 at some point, he maybe it is smart for him to hold onto it so I can obtain ssi.

2021-02-14 11:37:39

@GrannyCheeseWheel:
This is totally nonsensical and has absolutely nothing to do with behavior in mainstream communities!
Was Lord's language poorly chosen?
Definitely!
But here you are turning a proportionate mosquito into a mammoth!

I am done with this!

2021-02-14 12:01:02 (edited by moaddye 2021-02-14 12:01:43)

I'm innocent..
Don't rant at me.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2021-02-14 15:25:11

Yep, wouldn't have made lord the bursting point for this topic, but y'all can't deny there are uniquely blindie things that are either done or said by blind people that gives everybody a bad name. Just look at, for example, the people who are like, "Fuck x dev because their game is paid! I want all games to be free", or, "Mainstream games are shit because I can't play them!" And the thing is, its not only interacting with mainstream devs, its all the god damn time. So yeah, LL wasn't too bad in this instance, but for y'all who says its not only a blind thing you need to be real

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-14 15:30:39

@117 Be done with it then; you're not changing my mind on this.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-14 15:47:10

y'all are all a bunch of cunts who have nothing better than arguing all day. There I just used the word cunt. Whether I get a warning or not will determine who is right in this argument. if I only get a caution, both sides are wrong. Is that a good way to settle this petty thread? Lol.

2021-02-14 16:02:36

I don't honestly care about the word itself. But yes, here in America, it's more taboo than other things, and is worse even than fuck. I use a nifty little thing called context to determine whether a word is being used as an insult or not. OMore people could try this.

OK, so I could have used a better example to make this point, but it doesn't mean the point is invalid.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-14 17:00:46 (edited by Zarvox 2021-02-14 17:02:00)

delivery matters dude. Your points can become invalid if not delivered correctly or if a side point gains more attention than the main point, which is the case here. You shot yourself in the foot. Better to admit you need to improve your delivery skills and try again next time to prove this rather than trying to stand your ground right now and look even more like a fool.

2021-02-14 18:06:14

If you can't separate the argument from the person, that's not on me.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-14 18:58:26

If you can't separate your point from your delivery, that's not on any of us. Grow up.