2021-02-11 18:28:26 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2021-02-13 01:03:50)

This has been a long time coming and it's finally here. Some dumb ass bullshit started today when someone from this community started shit on the Awakened MUD discord. The long and short of it is this, I'm tired of blind people coming onto mainstream games and making an ass of themselves. They look like dysfunctional retarded children and it's bullshit. Is this the way you want to be known in the wider community? Is it really? Because keep on with your bullshit then, and soon, none of us will have a place to play.

I'm tired of petty stupid fucking blindy drama perpetuating out from it's circle of hell and hitting mainstream communities. Keep your god damn selves in check for fuck's sake or stay the fuck inside the blinkosphere where most of you actually belong.

I'm just tryna play some damn games over here, not try to explain to everyone while you're all acting like fucktards. If they're open to accessibility suggestions, I submit them in a form that's easily digestible. I don't whine and cry and grrrrrrrrr when something isn't working. Ya know, some games have a higher learning curve than others. This is true whether you're sighted or blind. If you're running into something you believe is a blindness specific accessibility barrier, then by all means, talk about it. But make a god damn effort will you?

This shit's getting old real damn fast. I shouldn't have to explain y'all's behavior to sighted people, because you should be behaving like you've got some god damn sense, or you shouldn't participate. The foolishness you partake in today is building barriers against all of us in the future. Yes, I mean each and every god-damned one of us, so think well on that before you throw a hissy fit like a fucking toddler.

When I see more blind people start to inhabit a MUD or a game, my fucking heart sinks into my stomach and I can just feel this foreboding sense of dread when one of them says or does something stupid. I actually don't want to see more blind people play, because it means this shit is likelier to happen. And if I, a member of this fucking dysfunctional ass community am feeling this way, how the fuck do y'all think the devs feel when a bunch of blindie idiots come in and all the sudden there's stupid fucking bullshit drama that they've never seen before.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-11 18:36:12 (edited by Zarvox 2021-02-11 18:40:07)

I don't think your post is going to do anything. Especially on here. I hope you have other outlets to post on besides this.

2021-02-11 18:39:21

Most of them come from here, but you're probably right.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-11 18:48:57 (edited by Zarvox 2021-02-11 18:56:31)

I'm trying not to think about the days when I had sight and the things that I could be doing instead of on here. Because those thoughts may trigger a full on suicidal breakdown right now. But it's ok. I will briefly talk about it.
I was addicted to video games, as many young kids are. And I couldn't play them to their full potential, but I could still play them. I was only 6 and 7 at the time. So in the age of mario, sonic, smash brothers, before all the fighting games and pg 13.
It's no secret that I have no life. I've said it many times on here. But what makes me even more of a no life, is that I can't get over the fact that I can't play video games anymore. There are thousands of things I could be doing instead, and hundreds of interests I could be experimenting with to develop. But instead, my dumbass brain is stuck on this the most.
I've tried not to think about it, but I can't. There is nothing wrong with loving video games. But it is petty to hate yourself and this world because you can't play them anymore. Of course there is much more to it than that. Employment being shit, social life being shit, which for me is huge because I am an extrovert. But this petty behavior is a big reason. It's so stupid, but it is a real thing for me.
And ironically, this is probably why I hate myself the most, is because I have this petty attitude about this one thing. It is stopping me from developing new interests and getting out to try new things, and even have the chance to meet people. Of course you have to pair the petty attitude with me being hopeless, that anyone would give a shit to hang out with someone who is blind. I'm a boring person, so that is partially my fault.
Jesus Christ you can feel my self hatred in this post. But it's fine. I don't really care about showing my rapidly decreasing mental health. But this is getting off topic now.

2021-02-11 19:14:19

Hello number 1. Well said though cursed laced you have encompass my feelings. however it is not only for playing game purposes

2021-02-11 19:14:57

ugh, reminds me of when Asteria was popular with this community for a pair of month. We had a few of the troll crowd come in and try to annoy people and spam onn the channels. As well, one person was triggered after dying one too many times to stuff early on and just went ham on the main chat and discord. Gained the ignoble honor of being the first person ever to have the automatic security measures to lock down someone's ability to use many things and getting banned.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-02-11 19:35:48

yeah I totaly understand @1 lol. the hek is wrong with the atitude of some blindies  these days?

2021-02-11 19:59:10

yes, i defenetly agree with 1. But sadly posts like this are not going to change anything sadly.

2021-02-11 20:30:19

Agreed with @1, something kinda ot, but how many times did you drop the f-bomb?

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2021-02-11 20:38:41 (edited by defender 2021-02-11 20:46:28)

@1
That wasn't a talk, it was a useless one sided and rambling rant.
LOL anyone but you man, and this may have actually done something, but because you can't reel in your rage when it matters, you've now just shot your entire point in the foot.  Congrats, now the only people listening are those who already agree with you and the next person who makes this point like an adult might be compared to you and ignored.
You never even got to any useful examples, so now you just sound like the guy screaming about vaguely topical shit on the street corner.
Do us all a favor and take a week long break or something, then maybe you can come back and talk about this more objectively, without being a foaming at the mouth maniac.

2021-02-11 20:47:39 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2021-02-11 21:04:30)

Do I give a single solitary fuck about how I come off? No, not even a little bit. Not even the slightest bit, believe me, zero fucks given.

Oh and you seem to be under this impression that I just get so filled with rage that I can't help myself. Well I can, and I could, but I didn't and I don't want to. If someone else could have said it, then they should have done so long before now.

They're going to listen or not, that's not on me. SO making my points like a good little bitch wouldn't have made that much of a difference. I honestly don't give a shit, I say what I mean and I mean what I say. If that's too much for some, well that's just too damn bad isn't it?

The people who this thread is not aimed at will not feel attacked by it. Because they know they're putting their best foot forward and making a place for themselves. The people who do feel attacked are the ones who need to hear and heed this, and I have no sympathy for them.

And you, let's talk about your inability to help posting every time I post about something I'm pissed off about. Has that done any good for you? Yeah and it's not likely to either but hey, feel free to keep wasting your time and energy.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-11 21:02:04

@10
In fairness, anyone making this point gets ignored anyway and probably half the people here contribute to it even though they think they don't.  The sorts of blind people who cause those problems--the sorts of blind people that make me want to actively point sighted people away from audiogames.net--aren't self-aware enough to know that they're the problem, but know that others are the problem.  If they were self-aware they wouldn't need to be told, but until they are they won't listen if theya re told.

On the one hand angry ranting doesn't get anyone very far. On the other hand I agree with basically all the stuff being said here.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-02-11 21:14:55

Oh dear, are spokes person is an enraged little gamer who has nothing more to say or bring to the table than F bombs, ranting, f bombs and hey, did I already say F bombs?
We don't have any idea what even happened in the first place, we don't know what the actual problem is here, no, we just know how non eloquently OP is able to bring his point across.

Nice showing, you helped the comunity immensely with this gratious deed, go take your fucking price.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-02-11 21:15:53 (edited by defender 2021-02-11 21:24:13)

@GrannyCheeseWheel
You're never going to actually make any effective change with this attitude, that's my point.
If you just want to vent about it, maybe you should be honest and present it like that, rather than pretending you want to actually solve the problem.
If you can't find the area between "making your points like a good little bitch", and alienating everyone and burning all your bridges at once, than you probably shouldn't be the one to try and help solve the problem.
Most of us figure out this balance pretty well by the time we're in our mid 20s.  Neither extreme approach is very effective at actually getting shit done, and the sooner you realize that it isn't a black or white situation, the better off you'll be.

@camlorn
In as much as you can say anything was actually said, I agree too, but since I really don't know what it is that set him off, and for him that can be anything no matter how small at times, it would be kinda unfair for me to jump on the hatewagon without knowing the situation.
But yes, I definitely see the same problem he's talking about.
IMO whether people are likely to listen is pretty much irrelevant, because stuff like this takes it from a 10% chance to a 0% chance in a hurry.
Honestly though, I know for sure that people with short fuses and lots of grudges represent a community badly, but I've only seen a few audio gamers really cause problems in the mainstream.  So if he acts anything like this on those same servers and it can be traced back to us, that worries me just as much as blindy mcblinderson bugging the devs for adaptations and not taking no for an answer.

2021-02-11 21:23:53

@13 Bro you got banned from here for intimating that you'd like to beat the shit out of someone so you have no room to talk.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-11 21:27:23

These sorts of things always make me wonder if it's specifically blindness that causes the problem. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of sighted people who act the same way. That could be caused by many things.

2021-02-11 21:30:36 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2021-02-11 21:33:42)

Oh so, if you want to stoop down to that level I can also deal with that, no problem.
for someone who, just like me got banned actually twice already and already received 2 warnings, you have a pritty big mouth I gotta say. Unlike you, i managed to changed from when I got banned, unlike you apparently.
It doesn't matter how you turn it, you shot yourself in the foot again with your arguments and my points still stand.
No concrete evidence, senseless rambling and f-bombs.
Oh, and if you want to target someone with his bans, you better make sure you are not open to that attack yourself.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-02-11 21:36:38

I'm probably going to regret this, but what actually happened?

2021-02-11 21:43:29

at post 18,
I feel like it's mostly just in  general that they are referring to. I totally agree and understand why  this post was made. I see it  more as tuff love kind of minus the love part. naturally  the form will drive some people  away, but hopefully this is a wake up call for some in our  community that engage  in this kind of  behavior. (to be clear I am not pointing to anyone  specifically  especially  since I'm not really engaged  here, but still.)

2021-02-11 21:44:44

I've heard stirrings about a possible link between blindness and autism, but I don't know if that's true or not. For the sake of argument, I'll assume it's false. My next target will be the undersocialization that blind people seem to experience. They're not socialized with sighted kids in some case, and I think that's where a lot of this stems from. Overprotective parents is another thing that I feel really messes with their development. They don't have a normal childhood. They don't really have a rite of passage into adulthood, so they're somewhere in between.

What really gets me is the way people will happily betray us and hurt us. When they take their shenanigans to the wider world, they will make impressions on people. Now, whoever comes next gets painted with the same brush that the first person got hit with when they acted a fool.

You could say it's not right, it's not fair, it's stereotyping, but it's not changing any time soon. So why are these people hurting themselves and everyone else? Dude sometimes I don't even wanna go to other places that I know blind people have been because I'm worried about how I'll be perceived, and whether or not I'll have to do damage control. It sucks, even more so because some of these people are adults doing this shit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not fair that we have to be ambassadors for the entire community. But many things about living with a disability aren't fair. We can't even unify to try to spread a wider message because of petty insignificant drama. And I know that most of you are right, this message won't do any good, but fuck is it a thing to witness when your own people shit all over themselves, you, and everyone else.

Maybe I should never talk about my condition. Maybe I should just play and never say a word and stop helping with accessibility stuff. If I can't play then I stop, if I can then I do but I never mention blindness ever again because brother let me tell you, as soon as you step foot into the blind community, they drape a ceremonial cloak over you and it weighs 200 pounds.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-11 21:48:17

Just out of the blue, he pops up and is like quit being a cunt, to someone.

@@17 I know I got banned, I haven't forgotten. For the most part, I feel like I've managed to keep myself out of the bullshit that got me banned before. Not perfectly, but I'll never be the good little bitch everyone wants me to be.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-11 21:50:36 (edited by defender 2021-02-11 21:59:49)

Post 20 is what post 1 should have been, that's why I gave it a thumbs up, because that I can actually fully agree with.

@heidicruiz
The problem is that he didn't point to any examples or walk people through it mentally, so all they see is a guy screaming about something, unless they already know exactly what he's screaming about, in which case they don't need the help anyway.

@GrannyCheeseWheel
It's amazing how much (being a little bitch) has gotten accomplished in this world though isn't it?  I mean really, when you're balls aren't directly connected to your vocal cords, so that the louder you scream about things the more manly power you can wield against your enemies, it just seems like true long term change is allot more common you know?
I mean maybe not in the 1200s, but even then you needed to direct your power with purpose rather than just shooting it off too early and losing your trump card.

2021-02-11 21:57:59

we're all just fucked so nothing matters. Everyone here is right and wrong at the same time because again we're fucked.

2021-02-11 21:58:46

The thing is how do you define mainstream?  And it's not just audiogamers.  Go on Twitter sometime, find some blindness accounts, watch the fireworks.  When I don't avoid blindness circles, I approach them with a certain mindset, and in so far as I came back to audiogames.net it's because I'm now super thick-skinned and drama is just whatever, as long as it's not drama with my close friends.  I've got a good number of personal stories about people who weren't able to adjust and/or have zero social skills, and blind people are always just...blind I guess.  There's a hard to describe quality to it that's not like anything else I've ever seen.

Blind people are undersocialized, and that does contribute.  Also, I don't have the reference but there's at least one paper/researcher who did look into blindness and autism links.  My conclusion on it is that diagnosing a blind person with autism is really hard, but that born-blind people might very well be.  I think i might be a little bit, but we'll probably never know.  If you go down the common symptoms: self-stimming? Yes.  not able to read social queues? yes.  Eye contact issues? Totally.  It makes figuring out how much of it is blindness or not really interesting.  I've got an autistic friend and the day we met we spent like 2 hours going back and forth on socializing issues and stuff going "yeah, me too!" which was a really weird experience.  I can say that I explicitly simulate/reason about other people in order to figure out what they're communicating that I don't know because blindness, and because you don't always get emotions etc. in the voice tone, which again: is it blindness or autism? Who knows.

My Blog

2021-02-11 21:59:57

@23
There are lots of blind people who aren't fucked.  You express this sentiment a lot.  I encourage you to find some of the blind people who aren't fucked, so that you can convince yourself that it's not the end of the world.

My Blog