2020-12-15 00:19:44

yes, I remember camlorn saying that synthizer has a distance limit, Don't remember where though.

2020-12-15 19:09:24

Yes, you can set the distance model of the context.

your_manager.context.distance_model=your_manager.context.distance_model.NAME_OF_MODEL_IN_ALL_CAPS

Distance models can be found here:

https://synthizer.github.io/concepts/3d_panning.html

You can also set the max distance:

your_manager.context.max_distance=50

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-12-16 12:44:23

@52, thanks, the destince model worked but AttributeError: 'synthizer.Context' object has no attribute 'max_distance'

2020-12-16 15:59:31

@53
Read the Synthizer Python tutorial.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-12-16 22:53:00

@54 actually, I was wanting to do that but I always delay it because of school, thanks anyways smile

2020-12-17 17:55:45

hi,
can the sound_manager and sound3d cooperate with lucia's packing object, i'd love to use it where ever I can for cleaner derectery

2020-12-17 18:06:02

@56, I don't think but maybe, Because you can't change the path where synthizer checks for files, Or something, But am not sure, Someone can correct me on this if i were wrong.

2020-12-17 18:09:48

Synthizer does not currently support loading from a packfile.

2020-12-17 23:36:51

I rmemeber seeing htis when Ty and I were working on InstraPlanet python rewrite (back in 2019) but never actually thought it was goign to come out. Nice work.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-12-18 09:59:49

@56
how lucia's pack file work is load the sound from the pack as bytes like object and playing it through mem parameter
but synthizer don't support playing from bytes like object

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-12-21 18:59:31 (edited by tunmi13 2020-12-21 19:00:19)

Whenever I try to import framework, it throw's me an error from framework.py about a parent package. It's strange.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-12-21 19:00:51

@61 hi,
you shouldnt make your scripts in the same folder as the sound_lib etc are, instead press backspace to go to the folder above it and make your script there, import framework normily and it should work

2020-12-22 06:42:33

@61
make susre to rename framework.py to __init__.py and place your game scripts in parent directory of framework

if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru

2020-12-22 14:17:03

@1
Why don't you post this on PyPi? Instead of making these poor sods bugger about renaming and moving files about?

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-12-22 14:26:28

ok, The only thing that we mis for this to be like, The real lucia 2.0 is that synthizer supports loading from bytes stuff and then we load from lucia's packfile and also, Supporting .ogg because wav and flak and mp3 are vary vary huge, So using them on a game that has like 400 sounds will be a overkill.

2020-12-22 17:05:49

@64 because it's not meant for pypi yet IMO. I don't think I'll publish it anywhere big until it's stable enough and Synthizer is at 1.0 at least.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2020-12-22 17:42:55

@66
Fair enough mate. I can understand that. I should probably have done that with Earwax, bearing in mind the massive API overhaul I'm currently persecuting haha.

@65
Submit an issue over on the Synthizer GitHub. I believe Camlorn is planning some kind of play from bytes thingy eventually, just not yet. Not sure if it's on the Synthizer 1.0 roadmap yet, check the thread maybe.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-12-25 19:45:18

Hey all,Loving framework so far. Good job, Mason, definitely I like this aproach.
I have some issues, tough:
If I am right, I should rename framework.py to __init__.py to use framework as a pakage.
However, when I do it and import with: import framework, it seems that all functions are accessible from the framework rooth. example: framework.initialize()
is this behavior expected? i'd like to call functions from submodules as I was doing before renaming framework.py, for compatibility with other examples and readability. I prefer window.initialize.
What is the pythonic way in this case? How do you use framework? Renaming or not? AM I doing something completely wrong?
Thanks in advance.

2020-12-26 06:08:28

@68
your completely right.
i too use like that. do framework.window.initialize()
like that. i too make framework.py to __init__.py and place my game in parent directory of framework folder and use it as package

2020-12-26 14:54:09

@69, thanks! I supossed so, but when I just import framework and use framework.window.initialize() I get this error:
File "<stdin>", line 2, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'initialize'
It only works if I use: framework.initialize()
Any ideas? smile

2020-12-26 15:03:48

i guess because the framework thing does from something import *, so it does import everything inside of the main module to be fully accessable from there, Not sure though, But from what i understand and remember that it does that.

2020-12-26 15:48:06

@70
use framework.initialize()

2020-12-26 16:04:52

Yeah, you only do framework.initialize(), what else? framework.framework.initialize() isn't very practical... big_smile

2020-12-26 22:39:10

Hi,

Try this.
from framework import *
window.initialize()

2020-12-31 16:08:19

So I have a project in an example dir that is at the top level of the framework dir along with the git stuff and my virtual environment. Since I didn't want to clutter up the main  framework dir and since it says that you don't need to build it to use it, I figured on that structure. The problem that I am having is this.

File "C:\Users\bcros\Desktop\Programming\python\Framework\examples\sounder\main.py", line 3, in <module>
    from framework import framework
  File "../../framework\framework.py", line 9, in <module>
    from .data import *
ImportError: attempted relative import with no known parent package

I originally did impot framework and still same. It's of not that I did one of these

sys.path.insert(0, "../../framework")

I'm not a big fan of that, but IDK another way to do it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united