2020-12-10 15:42:11

i tested it, And it's working, But i have my own problem now after editing, Lol, I am just trying to let the sound go left right left right when i press buttons but whenever i use update_3d it gos boom vary far to the left or vary far to the right, So just trying to see what's the problem
@24, Try it with another .wav file? I mean, Maybe the wav file is broken?

2020-12-10 15:44:15

here is the error i got, it does not even run on my end...
8 space  framework.lucia.process_events()                                                                               
no indent  SyntaxError: invalid character in identifier

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-12-10 15:47:24

Nicely done, Mason!

2020-12-10 15:48:49 (edited by mohamed 2020-12-10 15:49:56)

yeah, I got that too but thought that it's me adding indentation, Lol.
anyways, Works with me now, It's the first time for me to try synthizer and it's... Wow, Camlorn really made good job on doing it.
and mason made a good job on doing the soundPool too, That's what i really needed.

2020-12-10 15:49:44

I don't know why i am getting the error, maby it's the fact that i don't have the sound in the samfolder, i will give it a shot and let you all know if i managed...

best regards

2020-12-10 15:52:46

@30, Maybe try this? It's abit fucked up though, But it works
import framework
import sys
framework.lucia.initialize()
framework.lucia.show_window("test")
pool=framework.sound_manager()
f2 = open("errors.log","a")
sys.stderr = f2
x=0
y=0
sound=pool.play_3d("test.wav",0,0,0,True)
sound_object=pool.get_item(sound)
while True:
    framework.lucia.process_events()

if framework.lucia.key_pressed(framework.lucia.K_LEFT):
        x-=1
        pool.update_3d(sound,x,y,0)
    if framework.lucia.key_pressed(framework.lucia.K_RIGHT):
        x+=1

if framework.lucia.key_pressed(framework.lucia.K_DOWN):
        y-=1

if framework.lucia.key_pressed(framework.lucia.K_UP):
        y+=1

2020-12-10 15:52:52

@30, you appear to literally have the word "8 space " in front of it, thanks NVDA. Try removing that.

2020-12-10 16:02:14

that's ultra weerd, running it throo an elevated command prompt worked, but why does it need admin promition

2020-12-10 16:04:08

@33, That's weird, Running under normal python exe works here, No need for admin command line, Maybe try restarting your computer?

2020-12-10 16:21:17

@32 sorry lol just had to copy the text, as i was in a hurry.

best regards

2020-12-10 19:26:05

@33 I didn't need an elevated command prompt either.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-12-10 19:42:36

@36 the thing is stored in c:\users\my user\projects\python\framework\, why does that need admin rights to be accessed is out of my knolige

2020-12-10 19:51:58

so, hi, I have a question about reverb, how does it work, I get it that I use sound_manager.set_verb(integer, or is it a float? ), than I add verb=True when playing sounds, but that doesnt change anything, so set_verb(1000) that's what I tryed, since I dont know the limmets for reverb

2020-12-10 20:21:23

Hi,

To use reverb, you need to set the reverb to True, but only after you set the properties of the verb on manager.internal_reverb from the synthizer manual under fdn reverb.

http://synthizer.github.io

Also, just pushed a few commits to the repo, adding more things you can do as well as removing the requirement of Lucia. Examples coming next.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2020-12-10 21:10:55

Just added an example project to post 1.

2020-12-10 22:48:03 (edited by Charles 2020-12-10 22:53:57)

uh, Lucia's rotation class seems to be broken...

File "C:\Program Files\Python39\lib\site-packages\lucia\utils\rotation.py", line 168, in get_2d_distance
    x = get_1d_distance(x1 - x2)
TypeError: get_1d_distance() missing 1 required positional argument: 'x2'
or maybe it's something in the game code it self, don't really know, but will check.

2020-12-10 22:53:46 (edited by mohamed 2020-12-10 22:55:00)

@41 yeah, It is, Just remove the - between the x and y and replace it with , and it will work.
also, Is there a way to link synthizer path of checking with lucia's resourceFile? I mean the pack file, So we can really use it that way, Although we are missing .ogg files, But i don't mind using .flak if i will be able to use synthizer mainly like that.

2020-12-10 23:03:41

Hi mohamed,

Synthizer doesn't yet have the ability to load from memory.

2020-12-10 23:04:23

@41 Oh, crap, I forgot about that. They seriously didn't fix that? Ug. OK, I'll fix it.

2020-12-10 23:07:55

There we go, just pushed out a fixed version of Pong to the repo.

2020-12-10 23:42:12

Still broken

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-12-11 00:14:56

How is it still broken?

2020-12-11 10:11:21

Wow mason, i love the example game, it is damn cool. keep up the great work please!

best regards

2020-12-14 22:33:48

this is a great module that i've been useing for some days, 1 small thing though
will volume changeing by distents ever find its way into here? because currently its kinda weerd, the sounds pans yes, but it stays at pritty much full volume unles it reaches some kind of range where it gets silented at so its kinda weerd, 1 second the sound is there, 1 second its suddenly not
thanks again for the great work! keep it up

2020-12-15 00:10:23

@49, I believe this is a Synthizer issue.