2021-10-23 03:04:33

Was this thing removed from github? It sais page not found.

Name: Henry. Age: 12.

I check pms regular so yo can contact me.

2021-10-23 06:27:25

Yes, It was essentially a port of another engine

2021-10-23 07:30:31

Yeah, it was removed from github, thankfully

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-10-23 08:53:08

sound3d wouldn't work with synthizer API changes, And even though if someone fixed it I recommend against using it because that thing is disgusting.

2021-10-23 18:51:43

https://github.com/bwproductions/framework

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2021-10-23 20:56:59

Since that's a fork, it's not the most up to date version anyways.

2021-10-24 07:37:56

The framework at post 130 needs to be editted and cleaned up, someo f the algorithms are better changed, for example I remember lucia's key handling was kind of buggy and this is using the same module for input handling. This is basically a set of functions named and formatted like bgt's, wrapping some other functions (that some of them didn't really need wrapping). I mean there's nothing wrong to do that, the thing is that if you want to learn a  programming language, you learn "that" programming language. You don't make the new programming language resemble your previous choice, that you got over because it had "problems". Once you learn the syntax and the code structure, and once you feel at ease with the mentioned, you'll be able to advance to the next levels of programming in that language.
Alright since lucia's input handling was buggy, or as I recall it to be, here's an input handler I wrote that uses pygame events, thus you should implement pygame events in your app of course.
https://github.com/kianoosh-shakeri/pygame-easy-input

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2021-10-25 02:27:14

@126-129, yep, it was removed from github, see #132. Essentially, it was a pretty much unusable mess. I might rewrite it some day to not use such BGT style syntax and be more pythonic, but today will not be that day.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2021-10-25 02:29:31

I also recommend not attempting to use 130's fork, as it's not the latest code changes and even if it was ... It's unsupported and not kept up to date with latest synthizer changes. I don't know why we used synthizer anyway, especially now that the python bindings are in maintenance mode (I predicted something like this was going to happen from the start, it was either going to get discontinued or something like Python support was going to get busted but either way), I don't recommend trying to use that code in anything production quality.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2021-10-25 02:45:45

@134
I mean (1) you could maintain them and (2) part of why I can't justify maintaining them is that everyone had a year or so to adopt the library and no one did so.  Like sure, you can have predicted that I'd put them in maintenance mode all you want, but that's a self-fulfilling prophecy where everyone thinking like that stops progress being made.  Also I've both committed to reviewing PRs and to mentoring so if there's value in it for someone, then they can step up.  This is called open source, not Camlorn does an impossible amount of work and gets flack for saying that there's an impossible amount of work to be done and the thing that has to give is the thing no one is really using but here are instructions on how to help.  The core library is steadily proceeding and my average turnaround time on bugs is one week.

Additionally Python isn't busted, I've committed to making sure it's going to get critical fixes, and it will probably work for at least the next 10 years as it is without me touching it.  I'm not sure why everyone is equating me putting them in maintenance mode with it being broken.  Maintenance mode is a very well-defined term in the industry, it means that *maintenance* will happen.

What's there is more than what's in Pygame, last I checked.

I have yanked one project ever, and I only did so because it was completely broken and I couldn't get people to stop trying to get me to support it even after I said many times to many people that no I won't because it's completely broken.  That was also something like 8 years ago now--longer than 99% of this site has even been coding.

I don't really care if you do or don't use it.  But I would at least like you to criticize it for good reasons if you're going to come out and be all "I predicted this would happen" without prompting.  Maybe I' being oversensitive, but you saying what you're saying on what is I believe your project which (if I'm reading this correctly) you yanked from GitHub is just very meh to me.  Kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-10-25 03:46:13

@135, sadly, a lot of people in the blind community think the way 134 does, so its no wonder projects like that don't get anywhere. Not to mention this community is so isolated I'm not surprised that they don't know what "maintenance mode" means.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-10-25 04:12:14

I have said multiple times what maintenance mode means.  There is no excuse for that.  Ammo is targeting blind adults and is something I can and will push outside this community, otherwise I'd probably not bother honestly.  It's just...tiring.  And I think people need to come to understand that.  I've put multiple man-months and a bunch of my free time into my free projects that I don't get paid for, at least recognize that and don't be passive-aggressive about it if you're not going to help out.  Hell, I literally bought a new computer specifically to make Synthizer support Mac, that alone should be worth a lot of credit w.r.t. how seriously I take my code.  Maybe you need something that only bass has or something, but just say that instead.  "Synthizer doesn't work for me because..." is an actually useful statement--I may not do anything with it, but it at least is constructive and stuff.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-10-25 04:42:07

@137, yeah, I understand your frustration completely.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-10-25 07:57:05

@137 thanx for your hard work.
Just look at how many projects you actualy don't abandon, and how many you keep running and compare it to the people who has problems with what you do.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-10-25 11:02:28

@134, Sure, Go use you're beloved bass then. Just don't forget to pay $300 if you're planning to use it for something nonFreeware and cross platform, Or $230 something since you usually don't do linux anyway.

2021-10-25 12:38:48

@134, says the one who brought down the regestration server of they're pade game 10 months after launch.

2021-10-25 13:55:22

Yeah let's just appreciate the delicious irony of Mewvinerse being passive aggressive about somebody not even abandoning something fully, just deligating less time towards it. Mewvinerse has outright abandoned projects both freeware and shareware on several occasions and they, well... many of them weren't quite 8 years ago.

2021-10-25 15:57:52

@135
Just glad you posted before I did.

-----
I have code on GitHub