2020-03-17 13:23:59

Hi,
I have another Suggestion for the next update: make it Play a Sound when you hit the ball, now it is a bit confusing.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-03-17 14:46:05

It does make a sound when you and opponent hit.
Not sure if as long as the match keeps going that sounds misalign.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-03-17 14:47:58

Then how do you hit the ball on IOS?

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-03-17 19:35:31

Center the sound of the bouncing ball tapping left and right.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2020-03-17 22:07:40

A part of me wishes we could swipe instead so that we could move the paddle at different speeds, like how you would when playing on a 2600 using the nob to control the paddle.

2020-03-18 14:36:15

Hi Kenshira, thanks for trying out the game. The update is almost ready (we're hoping it'll be up by the weekend). There is a sound when you hit the ball, try centering it, when the beeps are fastest, the additional sound that is made is you hitting the ball. The sounds don't miss-align as the game progresses, but the update removes the 'double ball' sound that can be confusing, it also tightens up the placement of the sound relative to the ball, and we've reduced difficulty on the first couple of opponents to allow for some easier victories initially.

Thanks so much for the feedback! If anyone has any other feedback, we're implementing as many improvements as possible in this update, so now is the time to shout up.

Cheers
Harry

2020-04-02 12:00:39

Hey everybody! Just wanted to say apologies for the delay on the update. I (Harry) have started work at the corona virus support line here in the UK, it's nights and full time, and so I'm still getting used to sleeping through the day, and feel like a zombie most of the time right now. It has meant productivity has dropped a little for the past couple of weeks.

The other reason for the delay is that we're wanting to add a cross-platform leader board, and to get the functionality we want to use a custom server back-end, rather than the built in services available on the App store/Google Play. This is a new area for our team and so we're doing a lot of learning at the moment.

Once we've become more familiar with back end server integration, it'll allow us to apply a multi-player aspect to all our upcoming releases, and as such think it's worth taking a little longer on the update for this one.

Thanks for your continued support, and we hope you're staying safe during this difficult time.

All the best
Harry

2020-05-24 08:37:40

Audio Pong V2 has (finally) launched!

It fixes some bugs and makes a few general improvements to game play, as well as adding new features..

ENDLESS MODE: This allows you to play until you lose, then submit your high score to the all new cross-platform leaderboard!

TOURNAMENT MODE: This is where you play ever more difficult opponents, all characters from Pitch Black: A Dusklight Story, until you beat the Emperor (the 5th opponent).

We've also improved the tutorial, making in interactive and changing the trainer voice over.

Hope you enjoy this new update everybody! Would love to read your thoughts.

All the best
Harry

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/pitch-bla … 1502114873

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … kAudioPong

Windows (64bit): https://www.purplejamaudio.com/product- … ows-64-bit

Mac OS X: https://www.purplejamaudio.com/product- … mac-os-x-1

2020-05-24 10:20:01

I already have version 1 of the Mac release. When I attempt to download version 2, I can't find a download button. The "add to cart" button is visible, but I've already paid for the game. Am I missing something?

2020-05-24 11:45:09

I am in a similar position with the windows release, options to buy the game, but no options to update if you already bought the game, and I rather fancy those improved modes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-24 12:34:20

Hi,

There were no Problems with the IOS update, it works well. I haven't tried out the endless mode yet.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-05-24 14:35:10

Congrats on the update. It feels great on android! Finally got the initials working but it took a bit of figuring out that I had to swipe up to change letters and left to change to the next letter. Since the initials are a simple thing, this system of entry is fine. Game definitely feels complete with a tournament and endless mode. Well done. smile

2020-05-24 16:31:37 (edited by Cornettoking 2020-05-24 16:33:14)

@62: I was just about to ask about the initials Thing, thanks anyway.
smile

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-05-24 17:31:53

I got the game for windows, but there is no download link... why? i looked in my email but there is nothing... if this is the case, can i please get a refund?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-05-24 19:37:42

the download link should be on the page immediately after you purchased the game..

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2020-05-25 08:42:27

Hi everybody! For those that have purchased and want the new version I'll send you PM's with a new download link. Because we don't have an account system yet, the website can't tell if you've already purchased it.

2020-05-25 13:29:03

Hi! Yea i would like a new download link via pm.

2020-05-25 15:45:39

Hi,

I tried the pointers for the initials Thing, but it doesn't work for me.
Can somebody help?

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-05-25 19:00:01 (edited by Dark 2020-05-25 19:01:43)

Hi.

I'm very much liking the new version, congrats on getting things done. The game seems far more stable and less chaotic now, and the new tutorial was a lot more helpful.
I particularly like how tactical the game is, it's probably the most tactical audio pong we've seen, if not literally the hardest.

There were only a couple of things I found a bit odd.
First, in tournament mode, I initially lost on level 4, then when I restarted tournament mode again, I was back on level four. Is this intentional? or is the idea that people finish tournament mode and endless mode is the real challenge.
I also notice that whilst the points system for gaining points works now, whenever you lose a point, the sounds of the ball and paddles fade out for a second, and then fade back in. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, since on the one hand it's rather creepy, on the other it seems a bit strange to not have your opponent's score announced.

The initial entry with arrows threw me a bit at first too, indeed first time it happened I thought the game crashed since I was pressing letters and nothing happened big_smile.

I also wonder if new lines of dialogue were added, I was amused at the tough lady on level 2 threatening to pull off her headphones and rip my bleeding ears off (what a sore loozer!).

The one thing i was a little sorry the game didn't have, is names for the characters, especially if these are people  are part of the dusklight game and universe, and who we'll obviously meet later, since it'd be nice to know who is who, indeed I was a bit surprised when levels were announced that there wasn't a beatemup style vs screen.

Other than that, great job with the update, the game feels a good deal more polished and less chaotic now, and is a lot of fun to play, I especially like how you need to bounce the ball at angles to win, and the backgrounds and characters are as fantastic as they ever were.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-26 16:23:21

Hi,
I'm sorry I didn't mention it but I use the IOS Version of Audio Pell me what to do for the Initials Thing?

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-05-27 10:50:35

@Juliantheaudiogamer, I've only played on pc, but if the initials work the same way I'd assume you need to swipe up and down to change letter, and swipe left and right to change from inputting your first, second and third initial, then double tap to enter.
It won't work until you have three letters entered, which is why I'm  on the board myself as D.A.K.

Hth.

2020-05-27 20:44:15

sorry, this game is really, really bad IMHO. I've got no idea when i'm hitting the ball, when my oponent is hitting the ball. what the score is or anything. the beeping is annoying, I can only assume this is something from the origiaal  arcade game? Personally a ball sound would be better. why not a standard, showdown/dragonpong type system where you can hear the ball bouncing getting quietter as it goes towards your oponent, and louder as it gets back. there was no info on how to hit the ball in the tutorial, just how to centre it.

2020-05-27 20:45:55

the long, overprocessed speech for menu items make them difficult to understand/slow down the game. the pause message continues playing even when the game has unpaused. should I go on?

2020-05-27 20:46:30

don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be saying any of this if this game were in beta or alpha. but if you're going to release it for sale, it should at least be mentioned.

2020-05-27 21:55:02 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-05-27 22:01:19)

Honestly it's fine. The faster beeping just means the ball is headed your way. The reason beeps are used is for the retro pong aesthetic. We did not have ball sound on the atari 2600. The reason there are no instructions on how to hit the ball is because all you need to do is center it. It's not hard to understand. And the style of the menu announcements is just another one of the game's quarks. Perhaps it's just not your type of game, but really it's fine, and they have already made improvements to the original.  If you want something different go play dragon pong or something. That one actually has ball sounds, but less personality in my opinion.