2019-07-27 11:32:18

I have been lurking around the forum for more than two years now.  I have given most games a try and I think I have a good idea of what audio games have to offer. 

This is one of the few games I continuously enjoy and always come back to.  It is extremely extensive and since it keeps up with mainstream releases of new content there is always something new to experiment with.  The game has a soundpack and still gets updated.  To me this is the closest I have come to a game that plays similarly to the way I played it when I could still see.

Despite that no one ever really talks about it here, I don't think it even has a database entry despite being around for at least the two years that I have been around here.  I get that card games are not for everyone, but a battle monster game with 10000+ cards is just too extensive to ignore I think.

I am just curious why more people are not playing this.  A friend of mine mentioned to me during the week that he found it to be too complicated.  If anyone else reading this feels the same way, perhaps I could write a guide or something for new players.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Due to the complexity of the game it is very difficult to just pick up and play, but it is so rewarding once you take the plunge.

2019-07-27 11:58:24

I'd be interested but i could use a tutorial or some sort of help.
If you put up a guide i would  be reading it for sure

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-07-27 12:27:16

I just wanted more people to play against. Got pretty boring playing the same like 10 people over and over again.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-07-27 12:51:32 (edited by Dark 2019-07-27 12:52:06)

The reason it doesn't have a db entry is firstly I wasn't sure about the status of the project, I heard someone was in the process of creating the mud, but wasn't sure how complete it was or whether it was still in beta phase, so nice to know that its still being worked on, and that its obviously complete enough to be easily playable.

Second,  as others have said, yugio is a complex game, especially when you haven't really played many ccg's before beyond crazy party.

Third, for me at least, I was always putoff by the lack of a computer opponent to play against, especially when learning the game, though again as I haven't kept up with the work on the mud or what features etc have been added, its entirely possible that there is now indeed a computer player to practice on.

So, please do write up a guide, and I'll be glad to look the game over and indeed give it a db entry.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-27 13:09:42

There is not a computer to play against yet, but I am honestly a little surprised why people want or need a guide.
It's a MUD, we all know how MUDs work. It's also a ccg, the rules of which are easily findable if you take 30 seconds to look for them.  Put the two together and with a bit of help from the admittedly sometimes somewhat out of date helpfiles and asking one or two questions you'll be all set.
Writing a guide for Yu-gi-oh in its entirety would take a lot of time and there really isn't any point to it as people have already done that, over and over.

2019-07-27 14:17:05

@Zersiax The reason why a guide might need to be written is because this game is difficult to grasp for most people.  If you take the visual aspect, i.e. field zones and link monsters into account it might need some explaining unique to the MUD.  Also a lot of the guides to yugioh have quick references to card types like looking at the colour of the boerder of the card.  It would just need a lot of extra figuring out from a new player to grasp what he is looking at when he does not have that quick reference. 

It is all doable of course, I don't know what colours most of the new types of cards are, but I am managing fine.  I just think the amount of info to process before you can actually enjoy the game is immense.  You are right though, the info is available if you look for it, you will just have to look long and hard.

2019-07-27 14:20:28

Believe me a guide would definitely help people. It does not need to describe each monster/spell/trap card, but like a basic guide  describing the mud's interface when battling, the field and how it looks like visually.
I just played a  practice round with tensoon and a lot of things make sense now when googling. before that when i googled about this card game everything was just confusing.
I would  definitely play this game and get my friends to play it, it's just the amount of cards are so high that it looks daunting.

2019-07-27 14:29:09

i'Ll defenetly play if a guide is created
also can help with the sound pack as well if i manage to play it

2019-07-27 15:23:53

If you want, I could do a recording there. By the way, my name there is Kenjiro

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2019-07-27 15:25:32

Sorry, What I'm trying to say is, I can do a recording for it. Ahahahaha, I screwed up hahahahaha. Anyway, just tell me if a recording would help, and I'll gladly do it. smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2019-07-27 15:27:56

Hadi said it for me. Yes, there are rules and guides across the internet, but if I fire up a game, I don't want to have to go and do a tonne of research before I can play, I expect everything I need in the game itself, or at the least in some sort of guide or documentation.

Also for me, I really do think there should be a computer opponent to test things out, I personally am not a huge fan of battling other people at the best of times, especially when I'm trying to learn a complex new game. If I can play against the computer I have time to mess up, chances to try things out and work out how the gameplay works and am not either holding up another human player with my n00b questions, or liable to get so roundly and completely distroyed it will put me off the game entirely.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-27 15:34:52

i'm interested, i hered about this game for a while, but i didn't find any one heare talked about it that much, i'll         play it after you put the guyd...

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-07-27 15:59:17

@Dark I agree that help for the game should be included in the help files, but since this is a simulation of the physical card game the rules are easy to find elsewhere.  This game is very extensive and it would be an enormous undertaking adding everything to the game's in game help files.  Poor Spivey would have a heart attack if someone told him he would have to add all that.  That is why I am offering to write a brief guide to get new players started

As for the AI, well, that is another complex issue.  This game is based off of an open source engine which i used for the sighted version of the game.  Said engine/core was adapted to work for us in MUD form, due to the adaptation certain changes had to be made and with those changes the AI became incompatible with our version of the game.  Long story short, there is no AI opponent and there will likely never be one due to the sheer amount of work it would take to add it.  This is a PVP game and that is how it is likely to remain.

In all honesty it would likely take you longer to figure things out if you played against an AI because an AI would not be able to explain to you why it is able to do certain things and why some of your things don't work the way you think they should.  There is no drawback to losing besides a number added to your wins and loss counter, but if that bothers you, you can always just make the match private.  No wins/losses will be recorded and no spectators will be allowed to watch the game.  I know why this sort of thing bothers you, I usually prefer an AI opponent as well, but it is just better to learn how to play against others from the start.

Any new player just needs to ask for guidance in the chat and they will be assisted.  We always want new players.

2019-07-27 16:06:07

Dark wrote:

Also for me, I really do think there should be a computer opponent to test things out, I personally am not a huge fan of battling other people at the best of times, especially when I'm trying to learn a complex new game. If I can play against the computer I have time to mess up, chances to try things out and work out how the gameplay works and am not either holding up another human player with my n00b questions, or liable to get so roundly and completely distroyed it will put me off the game entirely.

This pretty much, but i assuming developing AI for this game would be very time consuming since there are lots of cards and  strategies and such. regardless i went ahead and did what you described anyway, I played a practice round  and asked a lot of questions midway. it was slow but very informative. Pretty sure it's ok for people to help new players but  the only slight issue is that compared to other mud games, you can't fire up the client and  start playing right away. you gotta wait for someone to play with you, or ask them to do so.

2019-07-27 19:53:00

i play my self and love it

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2019-07-28 01:18:46

download link?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-28 01:21:20

connection information?

2019-07-28 02:46:22

You can connect to the MUD at allinaccess.com 1234.
You can download the soundpack here.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-07-28 03:26:57

thanks!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-28 03:42:48

I also wish there were npc to duel against, maybe even a story to motivate me to duel, some ultimate goal beyond becoming a duel master, but I understand that such is not the intention of the game. Although this particular game does not appeal to me, I hold the designer in high regards for his contributions.

2019-07-28 08:56:46

Because Magic, the Gathering is pretty much better than YuGiOh in every way. Sorry if that upsets some of you.

2019-07-28 10:28:44

I started playing it, I really like it.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-07-28 10:35:27 (edited by hadi.gsf 2019-07-28 10:37:00)

ross wrote:

Because Magic, the Gathering is pretty much better than YuGiOh in every way. Sorry if that upsets some of you.

As far as i know though, there are no ways for blind people to play magic the gathering online.
There are browser  games, mobile apps and even some steam games for playing magic duels, but i don't think that any of them are accessible, which sucks.

2019-07-28 11:28:59

Yeah. I'd love to play Magic, but until an accessible Magic game comes out, I'll take Yu-Gi-Oh.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-07-28 13:11:31

Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh are entirely different from each other, and at least for me Magic is alot easier than Yu-Gi-Oh, which results from MR4 in Yu-Gi-Oh and the different tournament ruleset, which limits you to use only cards of the last few years in Magic, while you can use almost any card ever released in Yu-Gi-Oh.
This however will probably be very depending on the person playing it.
Best Regards.
Hijacker