2019-07-28 15:36:13

Idk. But I freaking love it. I'm on there a lot. Just come and say hi, everyone is so welcoming (even if it doesn't seam that way)

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2019-07-28 21:18:13

Strange, then how do I play Magic online? Also, Magic has many different formats. Commander, for example, you're not limited to cards in a certain timeframe.

2019-07-28 22:00:43

ross wrote:

Strange, then how do I play Magic online? Also, Magic has many different formats. Commander, for example, you're not limited to cards in a certain timeframe.

how do you play it if you don't mind me asking?
is there an accessible client you use?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-07-28 22:16:38

Educate us then. We'd love to play too.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-07-28 22:18:12

If you want to play Magic competitively on tournaments, you're always forced to play the newest set, older sets cycle out of rules and may then not be used anymore.
I don't know of any usable Magic client for visually impaired people, but you can still go any play it with real cards, just like I do.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-29 02:50:50

@30

That's simply not true. You can play standard, moddern, legacy, vintage, or commander. Yeah, standard roates, but not really any other format.

2019-07-29 07:35:10

@ross
you claim that you could play magic online, but  haven't mentioned how yet though.

2019-07-29 10:57:15 (edited by Hijacker 2019-07-29 11:03:29)

@ross: if you don't want to play competetively you can of course play what you want, but since the largest and most popular tournaments are the standard tournaments, thats the one and only way playing Magic competetively, thus you are limited to certain cards only.

That however doesn't matter at all, since its actually offtopic. What matters is that there isn't an accessible Magic The Gathering client out there that I know of, but there is a Yu-Gi-Oh client, so that can actually be played. If it comes to Magic The Gathering, all you can do is playing it with real cards on a real table with real people wink.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-29 18:11:51

@32

I exclusively play Commander. I play on a Commander discord that links you up with random people and you play over webcam. Commander is inherently a social format, so playing in a client isn't an option, even for sighted players.

2019-07-29 20:02:24

I am currently on the MUD as Zersiax and would be happy to teach new players. I think that honestly, the best guide of sorts that would take everything into acocunt is to make a log of a duel where an experienced player explains the rules to a new player. That would take various duels to go through all the summon mechanics and such, but I think that would be doable. Is that something someone here would like to create with me?

Zersiax

2019-07-29 22:57:08

Welp ...that was quick smile Here's a log of a duel where I explain most of the basics. Keep in mind that normaly most of the events have some kind of sound as well, and that some text is gagged in place of the sound. I have made a note of this where it's important. I hope this helps someone :-)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6bew3sws9c37 … 1.txt?dl=0

2019-07-29 23:13:14

Hi.
@Zersiax I would strongly advise you, that if you're going to teach new players, you a least teach them something that's up-to-date. I just took a look at the log you posted, and I can't understand why you aren't teaching them in the "link" format.
I know, it can be a bit tricky, but it is the modern way of playing.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2019-07-29 23:41:57 (edited by Hijacker 2019-07-29 23:43:36)

Just my $0,02: remove the unrelated chatter and the unnecessary commands from the logs. Like whenever you say something to the chat, you got both, the say xyz command and the related output. Thats nice to know once, but as soon as someone got the hang how the say command works, its just spammy smile.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-29 23:46:06

Wow what a  super dumb newbie i am, i missed an opportunity to use my  spell to destroy his only monster and i was destroyed because of that lol

2019-07-30 00:15:49

Its usually a single mistake in the entire duel that makes you lose it entirely. Thats how Yu-Gi-Oh works smile.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-30 04:53:11

I'm also around for playing if you want, though I'm sure it looks like I idle a lot.  I'll be glad to help out anyone whose new to the game, just be sure to let us know so we can load up an older deck and adjust the banlists for rooms accordingly.

2019-07-30 06:00:23

I didn't know about this actually. I don't know much about the game, remember watching the anime when I was little but that was a long time ago and I don't really remember how it works. But I'll try this at some point.

2019-07-30 12:01:06

@37
Coming on a little strong there, aren't we? Yes, the link format is how people play, but since we barely even got into special summoning it really isn't relevant at this point. Syncro summoning and fusion summoning, that was briefly touched on, are still relevant game mechanics and I would argue they are easier to grasp then the link format.  Throwing extra monster zones, link materials, co-linking, the altered spell row with the pendulum slots that are on s1 and s5 without even having covered pendulum summoning yet ...yeah no.
So thank you for your strong suggestion, I hope my explanation pleases you. We will get to the link format. Just not in the first duel.

@38 I considered doing that, but I put this up at midnight or so and I wanted people to have something to work with while I got some shut-eye. I'll get rid of the unnecessary output when I have a minute.

Zersiax

2019-08-03 11:28:41

Hi!
I've heard that, along with the mush client sound pack, there was also one for vipmud. But I only managed to find the mus pack. Does anyone know where to find the other one? I don't mind playing with mush client, but I'm trying to put all of my current muds in one single client (except for alter aeon of course), and since I've got the vip sound pack for cosmic rage, I decided to merge everything on vipmud.Any help would be appreciated.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-08-03 13:33:37

@43 sorry if it sounded a bit harsh.
My reason for even bringing it up in the first point, is to not teach newbies old, redundant rules.
Say fx, that you teach them about pendulum summoning but then, when you're going onto link summing, you need to go back and say like, well everything you just learned about pendulums is flipped. The pen zones have change places, pen summing itself doesn't work the same anymore (same for any other type of extra deck special summoning)

2019-08-03 15:04:43

Well.. I'm a great fan of the traditional playing method. The one that people used before synchros and links were created.

2019-08-03 23:53:59 (edited by Tensoon the Kandra 2019-08-04 10:26:38)

I posted a guide in the articles room on some of the basics of the MUD along with some links to resources that should assist with deck building etc.

Please post feedback here.

I also added the link to the latest VIP soundpack for those of you who have been asking for it.  Since the soundpack is hosted on dropbox and is updated every now and then the link is subject to change, so grab it while its hot.

2019-08-06 11:24:53

Man, we really need more people on that mud. Come on guys, I'm tired of seeing the same 3 people on there over and over again smile

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-08-06 19:22:02

I'll be a little sparatic on their as I'm on vacation with my family at the beach, but I'll try and be on.  I've noticed that it seems to be a little more active in the mornings and afternoons.  You may need to idle a bit, as I've noticed that if nobody is on, people only log in for a few seconds.  Try talking as well, to trigger peoples sound packs if they may have their headphones off or something.

2019-08-11 06:23:27

When I was younger, in my country some cool guy created Yu-gi-oh browser game. It was easy enough to understand, you just do the turn, aponent responds, however this game was not for the blind, but for sighted people. Since it was almost text-based,, it was totally accessible. Even card images were with their titles on them. I was so in the game, that I wached all 5 seasons of the Yu-gi-oh anime and believe me, it is such a good movie. So now I really know how to play, I did entered a lot tornaments against real aponents in that game. If you just give me a link, invite people to play and give some short idea about mud, I would definitely join to play. I guess it is liKe cmd?