2019-08-07 01:41:14

I agree with @2108. It's quite useful to have that information, because cheaters do exist. Admittedly, I've seen less of them around lately, most likely because they realized that anyone with a grain of common sense will kick them upon seeing their number of objects. So, taking away the ability to see how many objects they have would leave a gaping hole wide open for them to swarm the servers again. I mean, obviously, you can tell if someone is cheating once the game starts, but the unfortunate truth is that you don't want to be known as someone who kicks people, no matter how much they deserve it, because then no one will play with you since the blindy drama mill keeps on chugging along. The other issue with this is, if you're playing in teams, you really don't want to kick someone because then you'll be down a player, and, since you only get to see how many objects someone has when the game is launched, it would be very stupid to kick them at that point and allow the teams to be mismatched.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-07 01:48:05 (edited by Dark 2019-08-07 04:47:41)

I agree with Chris about the board mode, I really wish there were more squares that did more things. I don't know why, when the Mario party games are built around boards, Pragma hasn't modified the board mode since the game was created other than by adding extra minigames to each board's possible roster.

Btw, any advice on where to start with dec building? All my decs are back from before version 57 or so, when you really had no choice to create one element decs. They work relatively well, but it'd be nice to have a multi element dec, but browsing the card database, things just seem bewildering with so many different types, and counters and what not.

Edit: okay its a bit easier with the dec manager controls and the fact that I'd forgotten you can now have 80 battle cards in your dec big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-07 04:49:14

Dark, depending on what you have available, here's a solid deck that will win you most things. It's a dark-bug deck. Here's roughly what you want

2x dark symbol
2x vermin symbol
2x bite
2x feint attack
2x sucker punch
2x poison sting
2x fury cutter
3x crunch
3x pin missile
2x injection of pollen
2x midnight ring
4x bloody scratch
1x mosquito
3x bloody meal
4x compulsory recovery
4x honey treatment (optional)
3x enlarge sore
2x disloyal riposte (optional)
4x elixir of vitality
2x bloody panic
2x shock from terror

Bug-dark hits almost everything for neutral damage except, like, fairy.
The idea is to get Bloody Scratch ASAP, or stall till you do. Scratch, get the foe bleeding, use a bunch of low-level cards to generate blood, then use some combination of Bloody Meal, Enlarge Sore, Bloody Panic and Shock from Terror. If you have the mosquito posture, this is even more deadly, though you'll take more damage. This deck is all about murdering your opponent fast, and as such, it has another neat trick; the Injection of Pollen card will turn your foe into a grass type for a couple of turns, and if you happen to have some bug attacks in your hand at the time, let rip. If the foe is naturally resistant to dark or bug, but has a lot of blood in their hand, turn them into a grass type, then Bloody Meal for almost an instant win.

That's just one idea and it's probably my favourite.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-07 05:53:09

So how exactly do you effectively have two types levelled? I'm trying to make a dice-based deck1 b I can't really use any of them1 just because my levels are never high enough.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-08-07 06:24:30

Hey there guys. So when I was looking around, I found a few people, me included, asking about where to find decks and how to make some effective ones. So I had an idea of a dropbox folder. There is one I created where you can share decks, tips and tricks, and any other little thing cp related. I don't use gd, google drive because I haven't figured that out. So if you want in, just send me a forum private message, pm, or a skype message if you have me in your contacts. If for some odd reason you can't reach me through any of these means, try emaling me at my email below. I hope that those who join can help some of us newbies to battle and other cp players by showing some tricks and stuff.
So anyway, if you want in, provide me with your db email. Thanks.
And my email, [email protected].
I hope this folder can help those in need.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-08-07 07:07:18

I'm more trying to get how the different cards work in combination.
I tried a dark water deck based on blood, but bloody resonance and heamology are both way under powered for all it takes to get them working, (especially bloody resonance since you need to use self mutilation), and whilst sea salt has its advantages, it doesn't come up often enough to be effective without backup.

The idea I was going on was modifying my old water deck to work in consort with another type, since it seems that the best way to create multi part types is basically to go off cards that have mutual benefits, so that you get some advantage from levelling one type by levelling the other, but some types work better together than others it seems.

Btw, I've not found any use for symbols yet myself or seen anyone else use them, the symbol master bot literally does no damage whenever I've fought him big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-07 09:58:08 (edited by Corona 2019-08-07 09:59:29)

Dark water with the kraken posture can be good with phisical cards, midnight ring gives a good boost and a hig probability of critical hit, whitch is great with the tentacle level 10 card... He, I don't remember it's name in english, I play in spanish. you have to be careful with magical attacks however.
Simbols are usually used to level up faster and easier secondary type, since they give two cards of theyr type and you need 4 in hand to level the other type.
Other good option can be normal and fighting,  with phisical cards. you can change the target into normal with mutual normalization to do super efective fighting  damage, pluss fighting being able to increase phisical attack and normal have the furi swipes that can be boosted with fighting area.
Flying ghost with wind cards to use increasing wind (this one works fine being pure flying)
Fairy and normal with musical cards pluss sound wave. I takes a long time to set up but does a lot of damage.
Fighting with increasing phisical attack cards, swordsman posture, weapon taking and the prefered type, with swords. Better if that type as also shields, so you can use weapon taking and preventive thrusing to draw them. The shield gives you a great boost to weapon attacks with the pasive effect pluss helping to level up the sword type without having to change the type. The beta 66 have hidden sheat and double sheat, that makes even easier to get swords. The types with swords are fire, fairy, ghost, ice and steel.
There are a lot of examples like these to play around; make some convinationsyou can get surprised smile

2019-08-07 12:54:02

Dark, the whole blood resonance/self-mutilation thing largely doesn't work. Well, it does work, but it's too much hassle. Water pairs with lots of things, electric in particular once you get rain set up.

Rock-fighting is a neat idea as well, since rock has cards that can make you a rock type and thus weak to fighting, and Colossal Crushing gets wicked strong if you have a lot of foot cards in your hand. Fighting has a ton of those, so if you get lucky you can have enormous rock damage. Plus Ancient Time is pretty nuts.

The reason I stick a couple of symbol cards in my hand is because it means I can pull one or two of them, use them on a turn where nothing else is happening, and then my levels for that type jack up passively. I used to have this problem with my bug-dark deck where I never had enough bug levels; not anymore. And if you ever want to be surer of that, have a couple Passive Intervention cards, which will let you draw a passive-effect card, and thus give you more chance to get that running.

2019-08-07 20:56:54

Crazy Party beta 68 is released. It contains many bug fixes and adds new cards. I'll post the change log here.

beta68

Some bug fixes, the game should be playable now.
Modified cards: underground.

beta67

General
On a server application, you can know the general information by pressing Alt+i.
Some announcement improvements on the server applications.
On a server application, the waiting tables are now on the top of the list.
Maybe the braille works now in the menus.

Battle
Modified cards: swordSheath (withoutthe the weapon flag), snake bite (works with the basilisk posture).
Some new battle cards and some new bots.

Fixed bugs
Sometimes the game was still waiting for a player at the launching.
The game was asking for the mini-games list twice.
On the central server it wasn't possible for the spectators to watch the next battle.
The hardcore mode should be work correctly now.
The random seed was sometimes incorrectly setted.
The joker didn't work correctly.
The game shouldn't now stop when a player leaves on a server application.
The team battle with bots should now work correctly.
The classic servers are now closed after the end of the game in order to avoid some bugs on the reinitialization.
It shouldn't be possible to find gems when playing one mini-game in the reward's room in order to avoid a bug that resets the gems amount in the save.
Maybe the online board mode could work better.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-08-07 21:33:08

I wonder what the changelog means by "The online bord mode could work better." I'll try a board game later and see, since as I said, I really want to see improvements with the board games.

2019-08-07 21:50:23

Hello all.

Indeed the beta68 is available and seems playable. My apologies to those who hoped to play on the beta67 which was very buggy. Since the changes on the network features, CP is in a trouble zone. Thank you all for your encouragements and your patience.

You can download the new version on the website: http://pragmapragma.free.fr/crazy-party/

Thanks to all the contributors.

2019-08-07 22:10:27

The network stability with the server apps has significantly improved with this version. Now the only things we need are the ability to kick players, and a way to temporarily save player data if that person disconnects. The latter might be easier said than done, however.

2019-08-07 23:22:01

agreed, chris

2019-08-08 00:27:25

My only issue with having a Dropbox folder or similar available where people can swap decks and such is that everyone might start all using the exact same decks. This is why, as much as I wish a resource were available to help me fit the most effective types and cards into workable decks, since I'm stupid and can't figure it out myself, in the end it's not worth it. If everyone went around sharing this stuff, battle wouldn't be any fun, because you couldn't take a target by surprise. Everyone would know what strategy is the most popular, and all the noobs would just parrot the popular strategy without really understanding it. Hell, I'll admit to having made a dark/bug deck exactly as Jade said above, and it worked really well to get the new cards that were released in the beta today. However, I feel it's wrong to use that deck because, A. it wasn't my idea, and B. I figure everyone's going to use it now since it was so clearly laid out how it works.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-08 00:42:26

So would it be possible for, when someone is kicked from a party, to have a bot take over for them? So if you were going to get lots of gems, but many people left, you could still get those gems?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-08-08 00:44:20

@turtlepower There're both upsides and downsides to that, I think. Upside being the obvious, it helps newbies or people who just plain suck at building decks... downside being of course they'll probably be used a lot... but that also means if you realize what they're doing, you might be able to counter it somehow if you have the right cards. Although I guess just because you know a train's coming doesn't mean you can stop it. Something I could definitely see being good though is a co-op battle deck database, for those of us not really interested in PVP and just like kicking the crap out of bots with other people.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-08 01:05:18

Yeah, I think a co-op decks database would be fun. I definitely get what you're saying, though, especially as someone who really does suck at building decks. My problem is that there are just so many cards that I get overwhelmed, and when I begin to think about making a deck, I just start cramming everything that looks good into it, which means I end up with decks with over a hundred cards. I know it's bad, I try to curb that habit, but when I see the sheer amount of cards, my head starts spinning and the cycle just repeats itself.

2019-08-08 01:11:43

Exactly my problem too, so I get where you're coming from. Part of why I'm suggesting it to begin with. lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-08-08 01:42:26 (edited by Chris 2019-08-08 01:44:35)

Okay, here are a few general tips.

1. Keep your deck to 80 or less cards. The minimum required cards in your deck is 40, and the maximum is 80. Any amount over 80 will result in random cards being omitted, and anything below 40 will result in idleness cards which are very very bad. I recommend sticking between 40 to 60. The less cards you have, the less time you'll waste trying to find the right card.

2. Build your decks with a specific purpose.

3. Remember that you don't always have to put all 4 cards in a deck. You can put 1 or 2, which not only means you have less cards, but reduces the number of duplicates you get. You don't always need duplicates. For example, you don't need 4 posture cards and 4 environment cards, only 2 of each will suffice in most cases.

4. Pay attention to parry cards. Cards like natural mistrust are very useful for mitigating various attacks people might throw at you. I initially put that card in my decks to get rid of card thieves, but it has a surprising amount of uses. Again, you may only want to put 1 or 2 in your deck, because most of them will give you another one automatically once used.

5. Use symbols if you want to make decks with multiple types work well. Again, you only have to put 1 or 2 symbols in there, because you get an additional symbol after you play one. Remember that you lose levels in a type if you have less than 3 cards in that type in your hand, you gain levels if you have 4 or more cards, and your level does not change if you have 3 cards. Armed with this knowledge, you should be able to work out some strategies.

2019-08-08 02:00:26

Oh, that makes life easier. Thanks!

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-08-08 04:19:38

I didn't know about the levels decreasing if you have less than 3 cards of that type in your hand. That's helpful. However, I still can't figure out what building your decks with a specific purpose means. How can you build a deck which accounts for every eventuality?

2019-08-08 05:11:22

I think the idea is to build the deck that enables you to manipulate the battle so that things fall in your favor. But there are many ways to do that, so the purpose is narrowing it dowm to do it exactly as you intend.

2019-08-08 05:20:44

I apologize if this has been asked but is there a way to save after battles in battle quest mode?  If not please consider adding it since it would be nice to be able to save and come back later since battles can be quite long!
Thanks for a great game!

2019-08-08 05:30:08

Turtlepower, there is no deck that will trump every other deck. There is no best-of-everything deck. There are strats that work well and strats that are just too clumsy to set up. There are decks that use good strategy and those which don't. Honestly, I'm pleased that you used my deck, and honestly am about to go use it to grab or at least look at the new cards released today. I don't mind sharing because this deck is not the be-all and end-all. Sometimes people need a little help getting set up.

Most of my decks are about 65-70 cards, almost never more and only sometimes less. If you wish, I can also explain a sound deck, a rock-fighting deck, a dicemaster deck and a poison deck.

2019-08-08 07:24:03

I am trying myself to work out dec building strategies, but it seems like an ongoing process, trying something, seeing if it works then tweaking it if it doesn't.

I was trying to put together a  fairy psychic dec based around the idea of  confusion and sleep, but it was a total disaster, and while I'm very tempted to just pinch a deck design from someone else I'd rather  try and get it right myself if I can, since even though I have no interest in pvp and am primarily interested in just pounding bots solo or with others, I'd feel more satisfaction if I can actually build the decs myself.

this has been the major reason I've not played the battle mode as much since multi element decs came into play, since making a single element dec wasn't too hard (I made several), but getting two elements to work in tandom is something I just couldn't get the hang of.