2019-08-01 05:32:47

That presupposes that I can't extrapolate, and I absolutely can. I don't have to play a deck to see how it's apt to play, as long as I understand its function.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-01 15:15:33

You kind of do. How can you know how quick such a setup is? Additionally, when playing online you can always learn something new. In practice, the ice avalanche deck seemed really strong to me, but in reality even in 300 HP it takes a long time, and by that time something else would have already done the job.

2019-08-01 16:23:28

That's...ahem, exactly what I'm trying to tell you. I have tested it in 180-HP council fights, and it's spooky fast even with resists thrown in. From this I can extrapolate how fast it is later. You don't have to worry about missing out on avalanches because the Brewing card gives you a freebie when used. I'm not saying it's as overdone as the Ancient Time strat, but it's still scarily quick, and pretty reliable. The only onion in the ointment is that Avalanche can miss.

2019-08-01 22:01:36

I think it would be cool if when you unlocked a bot if you could then use that bot's battle cry as your own. It would be sort of like an audio avatar the more bots you unlock the more battle cries you could pick from.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-08-02 01:34:56

I also think a lot of things should be purchasable with coins, not gems. it's been well over two years and coins are -still useless.

2019-08-02 03:17:25

100 percent agree. Been suggesting that for ages!

2019-08-02 03:58:48 (edited by Chris 2019-08-02 04:00:47)

In a future version, can we please have a language list within the server? For instance, when you connect to the server, it would ask you to choose your language or use the language specified in the save file. Using this system, you would only be able to see players that spoke the same language. Currently, there are a bunch of people on the server that speak languages other than English which is a little frustrating when you want to talk to someone. Of course, some people might want to turn this off and/or switch language channels, so those options should be available as well.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-08-02 04:50:32

I agree with the language suggestion. I had asked if something like this could be implemented quite some time ago. Of course, it probably wouldn't have been feasible with the old server system, but I don't see why it couldn't be done now.

As for the coins, so many people have brought this up that by this point, it almost seems pointless to keep harping on it. Many players, including myself, have let Pragma know that we want to see the coins have an actual use. He either has something in the works or he doesn't, only time will tell.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-02 05:05:38

The coins determine your level. But level doesn’t mean anything. It would be cool if you had to make a decision to buy stuff but take longer to level or level to unlock new things to do or buy. Money management!

2019-08-02 06:43:56

If you're a sleep and your hit points are critical you should wake up! A cap on sleeping would be nice 4 rounds in a row is just messed up... There should be counter cards to sleep to, and or ways for allies to wake you up if battling as a team.

2019-08-02 12:59:39

There are tons of ways to avoid sleep. There are cards to give you a negative sleep level, and cards that can activate when you are asleep as well. Hell, there are even cards that induce sleep on purpose for specific reasons, like Relax.
No indeed. For me at least, if there's one status that needs checking out, it's paralysis, or confusion. Higher levels of confusion meaning you hit yourself for bigger damage = very, very dangerous (see Ancient Time for an example).

2019-08-02 18:52:33

I'll agree to disagree.

2019-08-02 21:01:41

Well, something does need to be done about paralysis, I think. If you're trying to discard a card when paralyzed, but were unable to move, it's just silly that the card gets junked anyway. If you couldn't move, you can't discard a card, either.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-02 21:06:07

It makes very little difference if you just don't move at all or junk a card. In fact, I would say that if you were not able to junk a card paralysis at about 4 is just about the same as sleep or feer. Also, there is no risk involved since you could just play the same card over and over and it would eventually work.

2019-08-03 03:25:36

You say "no risk at all" as if there aren't nasty things that can happen to you while paralyzed. Like, you know, being pounded into oblivion because you can't heal/can't shut your foe down. Or if you're facing a live human, they get several turns to try and set up a strat of their own. Paralysis is not quite as nasty as sleep in some ways, but in others it's worse precisely because of the thing Turtlepower mentioned. If you try to junk a card when paralyzed, you shouldn't lose it; you failed to move, so, uh, where exactly did the card go?
The only reason I say it's worse than sleep is because sleep, at least, has a lot of ways you can work around it, or even use it to your advantage. Of course, if you're facing a fairy-psychic deck and you get put into deep sleep and then have bad things happen to you, that could be to your disadvantage. But those strats are, in my estimation at least, pretty rare, and at least stuff like Dream Eater isn't 100% effective. Hell, when I use Hypnosis or whatever, I do it just to buy time to do what I want to while the foe can't hit me back.
If you have an issue with sleep, I'm surprised you have no problem with burn+stirring up, or confusion, or poison+toxic shock or whatever it's called. Actually, playing a relatively pure poison deck can get really ruinous really fast. Ditto a curse deck, though that one doesn't so much do damage as allow for big setup chances.

I challenge you to tell me a sleep strat that is anywhere near as broken as Ancient Time.

2019-08-03 05:16:39

I might as well give a couple more of my thoughts about paralysis and confusion while I'm thinking of it. First, if you're paralyzed, not only should you not be able to junk cards, you should also not be able to change types. It's especially ridiculous when it says you were unable to move, yet you changed types. How does that work, exactly? As for confusion, I feel the same way about that. You shouldn't get hurt by changing types. That makes absolutely no sense to me. As for this debate about sleep, I see both sides of it. It does render you helpless, and that can be bad in a co-op battle, especially when you're in the last round where there's one more bot to human ratio. You can get the damage piled on you pretty fast that way, while there's nothing you can do about it. On the other hand, that's kind of the point of it. It can definitely be used to your advantage if the tables are turned. Speaking of which, is there a reason why sometimes the bots seem to gang up on one of your team members during a co-op battle while leaving others untouched?

2019-08-05 04:20:40 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-08-05 04:28:56)

the gang up thing happens probably due to when bots reach  some health percentages, or if you happen to be a problematic type like dragon. Though I have seen you do just mini games a lot. Paralysis is just a random thing, though it can get annoying pretty fast. Not being able to junk cards would be advantageous because you would just have many more cards than your opponent. Confusion needs a shorter sound and getting hurt when changing types is just ridiculous, but again, a random thing

also, there are ways to awaken your allies. The point of battling is to get a very consistent strategy that will work, always, no matter what, and to design decks for every kind of situation. These are out there, otherwise we would not have options for battles with 9600 points. They would take literally hours to complete. That players take advantage to dare others to just crush them is both annoying but is also a learning experience, as you can pick up more strategies and so on.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-08-05 06:18:27

Yeah, I mostly do mini or micro games, but I'm slowly starting to learn to develop strategies for online battles. It's been tough going, because my brain just doesn't seem to be wired that way, but I do enjoy it. Mostly when I've done battles, I've been practicing with a friend who's trying to get all the cards, and we do co-op because it's more fair to him that way. I do agree about the confusion sound being a bit too long, but I'd much rather have it altered so that changing types doesn't hurt you before worrying about changing the sound.

2019-08-06 12:45:39 (edited by Morokuma 2019-08-06 12:48:21)

> 2101
Big spoiler
Continue selecting cards in the order of “hypnosis”, “psychic fusillade”, “psychic fusillade”, “nostalgic hand”.
"Nostalgic hand" allows you to reuse used cards. For this reason, target sleeps forever.

2019-08-06 14:45:17

So I've had some luck with a pure fighting deck, that has cards like Rush In, Trussing, Fighting Area, and the fighting attacks. Basically my strat is to buff up as much as possible, then use something like Fist Barrage or Tripple Kick to do massive damage.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-08-06 15:42:18

When you're paralyzed, you should not be able to move at all. The behavior should be identical to sleep or freezing. Maybe allow the player to have a chance of moving if the paralysis level is less than or equal to say 2, but anything after that and you don't move at all. Also, please hide the number of objects people have when starting online parties. It's unnecessary information.

Are there plans to improve the board mode? This is the area of the game that needs the most work. I like the concept, but it's currently the most boring aspect of an otherwise great game.

2019-08-06 16:17:41

actually I like seeing the objects people have especially in battles, since it shows how many of the cards they have unlocked. Also, if you see a player with 10 million objects or something, you know he's used a cheat engine to modify his objects. Of course, seeing a legit number of objects doesn't mean he won't cheat, but the chance is a bit higher. And it's not like it's impairing game play in any way.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-08-06 17:10:15 (edited by Chris 2019-08-06 17:11:12)

Cheating gems does nothing in terms of giving you an advantage in online games. How does it work to tell you the number of unlocked cards? It says I have around 3,000 objects which makes no sense. I only have 350 odd gems, 836 cards, and I think 208 or so unlocked games. If not a complete removal, maybe adding an option to turn off those messages would suffice? It's unnecessary information I could do without.

2019-08-06 17:17:59

Press the ctrl key, it works like magic.

2019-08-06 17:21:25

Oh and also just to add, the reason you are having so many is because you get each card 4 times, just like it says when you optain it.