2019-05-26 18:51:29

Wouldn't that crash your computer? That does sound like a fun cheat, though. Sounds similar to something I did on Bokurano Daibouken 2. Note: this will only work in the Chaos version
Go to 7-2
Stand at position 3 or 4.
Summon a gun battery (HD).
Stand behind the battery and watch it shoot the enemies for however much time you want.
Shut off the battery by pressing enter on it, and go to the end of the level.
Go to the stage 4 shop, and play the UFO Catcher game 3 or 4 times.
Leave the shop, and you'll be able to get 400 or even 500 gold from an item in the UFO Catcher.
Using this, I managed to bring my HP from 200 all the way to 1500 before stage 8! I also had enough gold left over to buy all the weapons available and some extra healing items.

A Squared, Plus B Squared, Equals C Squared!

Thumbs up

2019-05-27 02:47:04

I would really love to play this, since it seems to be a big hit

2019-05-27 04:38:29

well yeah that's right. This tactick can also be used in stage 8 or 10. If you unlock the gold coin collecting bonus, and spawn 50 powerful bears, then you'll rock. Put it doing that thing for some hours and no need to grind for coins anymore.
And no, It didn't do anything harmful to my system. It might depend on your cpu and RAM but that's so unlikely as those systems that are really low in cpu that a game like bk3 can harm them after some time are already out.

Add me on skype: kianoosh.shakeri2
Or follow me on twitter @kianoosh shakeri

2019-05-27 10:51:30 (edited by nyanchan 2019-05-27 10:52:38)

Hahaha, that proves my ram management works as expected. There was a rare crash when you kept running the game for over 10 hours or so, but I haven't heard that for a while.
Oh, please make sure you quit before it reaches 2147483647 coins. This is not a bug.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-05-27 15:21:08

Yeah. That's an integer maximum value and if your coins pass that value, expect about -2147000000 coins for your player. Yeah dude I think I put the game grinding more than ten hours and worked fine. Just when I came to check my things out, I opened combat log and that was where my client died. Went not responding and never came back so I forcefully closed it and got what I lost by memory hacking which I really didn't like to do big_smile. oh by the way. There's another bug. in one of the tutorials where you press a switch and a scate board comes and hits one of those toy cars, if you summon a cat, the cat owns the scate board and if you don't have the grappling hook or summon another cat you can't get passed that wall

2019-05-28 02:02:16

Yeah. I should add some code to delete old logs. And I need to teach cats that skateboards aren't yummy.

2019-05-28 15:36:13

so please do something about item master as well. I'm now playing powerful mode to get clone generator. But to own the item master i have to play the hell mode as well which I know i'm not going to level that much in it specially after defeating the magical ball another time.
ultra yoyo makes more sense as it is craftable after completing the extream mode which is enemy level * 50. This is much better because i know I surely will ge a good amount of levels in it.
BTW I think 450 peaces of wall is so much for the cat spear. You can only get that much of peace of walls if you put the game in a bug loop where the cat breaks the tiles like an idiot so you can collect it's trash. And doing this sometimes leeds to a problem where no objects can be spawned even the magical hook because there are a very large amount of objects in the map and nothing can be spawned anymore.
This happened to me once and I had to restart the stage

2019-05-28 15:41:09

It's only 100 wall fragments... where'd you get 450 from?

"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
guards, skyrim

Thumbs up

2019-05-28 16:32:56

If you can set up your cat to break one of those 500 tile long floors in stage 21 (it's possible with some weird maneuvers) you'll get 450 pieces, easily.
Also, I descovered one more annoying thing about Carla.
Now, I like boomerangs, there so addicting! Like the game there in.
Anyway, seems Carla's rockets like to destroy boomerangs as much as I like to throw them. If you can't pick it up fast enough, boooooooooooooooom.

My tactical battle scripts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzsmqv2pgqvu1 … h.zip?dl=1
Currently, one of my favorite games is Trimps.
So I'm the Trimper Trooper!

Thumbs up

2019-05-31 08:50:36

And you know if the cat goes further than what it should, the game will be broken as I said

2019-06-12 00:13:01

Okay, can someone please give me some tips to finish Stage 13? I got stuck at 13:4, and I've been putting it off forever because those aerial combat missions just make me nervous. And every time I do try to finish it, the plane crashes! I try to go at full-speed, 25, and bring those jets down, and at one point I almost had the battleship down but the thing destroyed my plane before I could finish him off!

Thumbs up

2019-06-12 02:17:25

Go full speed while attacking it. Like this, go full speed and lock on the battle ship immidietly, fire at it using your missile. as soon as you pass the battle ship, turn around and fire at it again immidietly. do the same process 3 times or 4 and the battle ship will go down. have at list 15 k hp if you're doing it in normal mode.

Thumbs up

2019-06-12 02:23:31

I discovered something new about this bk3. Do you know that when you are at lvl 25 and you are on the part where you have to type the 7 digits number on the puzzlebox, if you are a bit slow in typing just like me, just type the answer to the second question immidietly then the third. never mine the first question. So if it says 1000002, instead of typing 2000004, you can type instead the answer for the second question which is 4000008 and the 8000016 for the third question.

Thumbs up

2019-06-12 02:30:20

In 13,4, you'll want to jump altitudes until the jets are destroyed by the battleship lasers. I don't know, but I think that those lasers shouldn't be a thing until you are allowed missiles. Because those lasers go across the map and you can't block them unless you have reflector missiles, which you can't get until you beat the stage. And you do only have 10k hp. So like 10 lasers alone, and you die. Not to say it's a problem or anything, but lasers do tend to be launched quite quickly from the ship.
Also I feel like some of the weapons should have a fixed maximum damage. My short, yeah short sword does 73 million damage in the highest difficulty and pretty much recks everything. I had to restart just to have fun slowly chipping away at health of some of the lower level enemies :d.

-----------
I'm the true source of dark evil. Beware.
Have a nice day peeps

2019-06-12 02:36:48 (edited by nyanchan 2019-06-12 02:37:36)

I admit that playing postgame contents literally breaks many things. I'm kinda having fun with it. Overflows are what I want to prevent possively though, I still want to enjoy 1742047388 damage on the other hand. Uh, you know.

2019-06-12 03:06:52

Yeah I know that's kinda fun. But I still don't think that a short sword should be doing like 73 million damage. Maybe make a few of the weapons like the laser or the laser sabor. Where they have fixed damage. Or maybe add some. Also how do you get the hyper boomerang? I don't know and can't figure it out lmao.

-----------
I'm the true source of dark evil. Beware.
Have a nice day peeps

2019-06-12 11:35:25

Hi.
When I try to run the game, or any of the BK games for that matter, it says error startup failed.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
Don't forget to thumb up my posts :)

Thumbs up

2019-06-12 12:59:22

If I'm remembering this correctly, you need to have a serton amount of lemmon in your inventory. After that, you can go to the stage 7 shop. When you leave, the guy should offer you the boomerang in exchange for the lemmon. At least that's how I think that works.

2019-06-13 22:07:43

I think it requires you to have beeten normal difficulty.
I'm not quite willing to bet on it, but it worked on my current playthrough.

My tactical battle scripts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzsmqv2pgqvu1 … h.zip?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-06-15 11:08:23

So I'm getting a new laptop soon and I just bought the official English translation. How do I install the translation in the game?

they who reach the top, boy, must first climb the hill

Thumbs up

2019-06-17 16:56:57

You got a zip file, right?
Unzip it.
There's a read me and another file in there, I think it has a .dat extension.
What ever it is, take it and copy it into the same directory as play.exe.
Then try to play and you should get a message.
Enjoy!

Thumbs up

2019-06-18 08:29:22 (edited by angel_diva22 2019-06-18 08:30:43)

In case there is any confusion and so there isn't any, what he means by take it, is he means take the .dat file and put it in the game folder.

HTH, big_smile

Thumbs up

2019-06-18 11:26:06

Hi.
Does anyone have an answer for my post @17?
Thanks in advance

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
Don't forget to thumb up my posts :)

Thumbs up

2019-06-18 11:49:19

@rob, have you tryed redownloading the games? It's possible your downloads may have been corrupted somehow. If not, could you copy the exact text error? If it actually says startup failed, that's most likely a windows error, as all other errors produced by the bk3 games directly would usually output in jappaneese.

2019-06-18 13:13:44

@2823
(1) redownloading
(2) locale emulator
(3) change your system locale
(4) try using a different machine
(5) no idea
The error message doesn't help because it simply shows "startup failed". I can't fix this error because that means the game program isn't even loaded.