2021-03-25 01:53:28 (edited by seb 2021-03-25 01:53:59)

The thing is, the story is really not the main point of this game. I actually consider the story to be a tutorial only, because the real fun starts once the story is completed. Screen reader has been talked about with the developer in the past and I don't believe the current engine supports it. The best thing we can hope for at the moment would be the clipboard option, but apparently not everything can be copied for some reasons.

2021-03-25 02:39:55

yeah, that's what I've been trying to tell you guys. That engine has a great many limitations that don't make what you guys want possible, unfortunately. However if you're used to pokemon like me and a few others it's very doable, especially with footsteps and the different sound for running into interactables.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-03-25 03:10:59

I was really concerned about numbers not coming through properly like in Hades, but I've been able to read most of the tables using OCR without any issues, which is awesome.
the only thing I can't read are the xp awards at the end of battles but they're not really important.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-03-25 03:48:22

yeah, levels come very quickly from what I remember.

2021-03-25 08:21:25

What I will do tonight is record a little video demo on how to get up to speed with the game, showing how to set up Lion correctly, installing the font and showing the basic steps of game operation.
I will try compacting brandons video to about 30 minutes of game demo.
I will also tell about what in my opinion would be good aditions to the game, including the limitations of the engine. It can put out stuff to the clipboard, so it should be able to do what I have in mind.
I will do a video of the hole thing, in case the developer of the game sees it and can lookk at the things I am refering to.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-03-25 09:03:56

ugh.  I'm really starting to feel the depth (pun intended) that this game has.
When I started, I chose druid because I thought it might be easier to only have to manage a couple creatures. 
It's so hard to decide what I want to keep as my primary though given the ridiculous amount of options.
  Distributing perk points is also proving to be stressful, though at least those can be reset.
I look forward to the point later in the game when I can change my specialty... but then again maybe not, as that will give me even more options! aaaaa!
I can definitely see how people can sink hundreds or thousands of hours into a game like this.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-03-25 09:18:33

Ok, what isn't playable?

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2021-03-25 10:31:13

yeah, adding a clipboard option is great, with this you can enable something like clipreader, and make it autospeak your stuf

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-03-25 18:18:55

So I love, love this game and will keep playing even if nothing more access wise is added.
However what would be super beneficial would be some sound to indicate where turns are, as right now I'm just trailing walls and am sure I'm retreading steps a fair bunch. 
It's like following walls by hand instead of using a cane.  Not a complaint, just trying to describe how it feels.
Also if something like drg suggested can't be added, I'd at least love to be told roughly where the quest object or boss is located roughly.
Right now I'm in realm one, and have no idea if I'm supposed to be heading north, south or wherever and am wandering round just trying to find things. 
I love it though, can't state that enough.

2021-03-25 18:26:19

Glad you enjoy it! Honestly, when it comes to realms you can start anywhere. So going in all 4 directions is not a bad thing, there's no right or wrong way to go since picking up all resources is the right thing to do. What I like to do in open areas and it works quite well, for example is to walk from South to North till I hit a wall, go East one step, all the way South, East another step, all the way North, and it goes on to make sure I pick up all items. Being able to tell where items are would be nice, but since stereo panning cannot be added to the engine, being able to export the map via text along with coordinates where things are would be nice.

2021-03-25 18:41:08

Yes, that's exactly what I do at the moment.  currently stuckk in an area, but I'm sure in a minute I'll find the exit. tongue

2021-03-25 19:00:35 (edited by seb 2021-03-25 19:01:09)

Keep in mind that once you've completed a realm quest, you can just save and restart and you'll be back to your castle. No need to find the teleporter

2021-03-25 19:28:53

going to get the game tomoro, what is the game size though, how many megs or gigs, if it is to large, then I will simply buy it to night and set it on download, but I would like to get it tomorro, since then I can actualy keep an eye on it

So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-03-25 20:23:50

Somebody can record a file with piece of gameplay?

2021-03-25 20:27:21

the game is tiny, like 150 megs tiny.

2021-03-25 21:13:40

Do anyone know of the release date for the full game? Also what platforms is the game going to be for?

2021-03-25 21:19:36

so it has very little sound, right?

2021-03-25 21:30:51

I decided to post a little demo on the game for players who have problem getting started with it, I created another topic for it. Link to the demo is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8ynrupcdjuk7 … o.mp4?dl=0

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-03-25 21:58:01

message from the dev:
Hello! Thank you for your suggestions. I've actually seen a lot of talk about this concept on our forums as well.

I would love to make the game as accessible as possible to as many players as possible! Some things just can’t be done, though - the clipboard ideas are virtually impossible for me to add to the game at this point, for example. The game would have needed to be coded with this in mind from the very beginning.

I suspect any issues with OCR are due to the font. I can definitely look into adding an alternative font option, but this also means that I’d need to go through the entire game and make sure it works correctly with the dozens upon dozens of UIs, so that’s something I’d need to wait and see if I have time to do toward the end of the game’s development.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2021-03-25 23:46:18

I pasted the font, now how do I get lion to read it correctly? it reads all the weird text and what are the keyboard commands? with enter it does not enter any option.

2021-03-26 10:03:12

e is your enter key, your however able to change that in the options, toggle lion with alt insert l

2021-03-26 11:03:45

Does the sonifight can access it?

2021-03-26 12:06:39

no

2021-03-26 12:37:11

I want thias game, but I don't have money at this time.

2021-03-26 12:52:03

I my self am going to buy the game today, just waiting for the right moment to do so