2021-03-23 12:09:56

It does not seem stupid to me to know where the npc are, I do not understand their reluctance, LOL.

Manamon trainer

2021-03-23 13:00:25

Yes, yes!

brad wrote:

These sounds don't exist; Fred was just sayign he didn't agree with the poster who wanted them.

@fred, why is that a stupid idea? Surely knowing if your character is entering or leaving a room is good, or whether they have a passage on the left or right that they can enter?

As for SAPI or NVDA, if that were added; I'd buy the game again in a heartbeat, I'd not have to OCR the screen each time I wanted to know something.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2021-03-23 13:08:00

Hi all. I have problems with OCR. Nvda says that the recognition result is empty. Lion doesn't read anything either. Perhaps I need to somehow customize the screen or game window?

2021-03-23 14:21:59

I will be geting the game on friday

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-03-23 15:19:56

I've played plenty of pokemon so it isn't a dealbreaker by any means. It'd just be a convenience if it were ever added.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2021-03-23 16:57:43

So possible obvious question for when I get time to check, but when you get multiple creatures, is it possible to tell who needs healing and use them all effectively?
If this game is completely doable as it looks to be, I'll be so, so happy.

2021-03-23 17:01:25

How to refunt the game on steam?

2021-03-23 17:13:37 (edited by seb 2021-03-23 17:19:33)

I'm very disappointed that some people chose to get a refund that quickly, but it is what it is. The first video was more than enough to know if this game was your type or not, but anyway, it is what it is.
@dan_c what I do in these circumstances is copy my data to the clipboard and export them to notepad. You'll be able to view your party's stats and then when you are in battle you can always copy the events in real time to know which one got hit and act accordingly. What's pretty cool about this game is that all of your monsters are healed after each battle, even if they die. What's also possible is to use macros, but I didn't experiment with this yet. You could have a monster automatically get healed when its health reaches 50%, for example.
The battle screen is easy to read with OCR, so you won't have any issues doing the rest.

2021-03-23 17:21:14

Does pressing f at any point in the battle copy to clipboard? Also does it work for like experience, etc?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2021-03-23 17:25:00

Unfortunately copying things to the clipboard is not available everywhere. however exporting your stats from the options menu will have your entire party's stats added to your clipboard. I don't really pay attention to exp since the stats exported include the level, however I'm pretty sure its there under the creatures' menu.

2021-03-23 17:26:41

I don't bought game yet. I will wait for nvda support.

2021-03-23 17:40:12

ah, that clipboard option will be super useful. 
Especially with the size of the game being small, switching windows is pretty much instantanious.

I'm so excited to dig in.

2021-03-23 18:12:32

Wait, you can coppy battle logs in real time?  I'll have to try this.   already found the battle records and creature stats easy to copy over, so if during battle can be done that'll be great.

2021-03-23 18:16:44

Exactly. Go to the history menu during a battle and press f. It's pretty useful

2021-03-23 18:47:26

@pates, do not get your hopes up too mutch, personaly, I would not like if the game got nvda support because some people want that, if your able to use ocr, then you dont need special support

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-03-23 19:03:00

I'm all for the developer implementing the least possible from an accessibility standpoint so that the upcoming game expansions can be the priority.
That being said, I'd love to see more of the clipboard stuff, especially in the more stat-heavy screens.

Can somebody explain to me how the artifact equipping menu works?
I was able to equip my sword to my starter but I'm not 100% sure how I did it.  I also didn't see how I could attune it to my other creature.
Spell gems were easy because I picked the creature then the gem, and OCR was able to read the list of available spell gem slots.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-03-23 19:03:09

Yes. If it will not have this support, I will not buy it.

2021-03-23 19:35:50

entitled blindies are entitled.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-03-23 19:38:55

@#67 no need to repeat yourself, we got it.

@#66 you want to go to the creatures' menu, then before going to the option to equip an artifact, select the creature you want by using left and right. Then, just go to equip artifact and select the one you need. If you need to confirm whether or not you equipped it, you can always export your data to your clipboard in the options' menu.

2021-03-23 19:47:37

Oh! so the left and right arrows do cycle between your creatures.  Cool! I wasn't sure!
Also, to be fair to the entitled people, if they can't deal with using OCR, they probably don't have the experience to navigate a 2d world like this without any feedback from the game.  It's not easy to do.

2021-03-23 20:17:31

This game is supporting gamepads?

2021-03-23 20:23:09

From my understanding, yes.  though the layout is simple enough that I prefer to play it on the keyboard.

2021-03-23 21:01:45

Hmm, I don't know why, but I can't for some reason figure out where the menagerie is.
I complete the first battle, summon one of those unicorns and then I am lost.
I know where this wardrobe thing is, but the only other objects I have are either decorations as far as I can figure out, or stuff where it only tells me, that I can't use the object right now.
i'm abit confused there.
Generally, I really like what OCR can do in the game.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-03-23 21:05:03

I'l check this out later today. This seems like my kind of game. I have played Pokémon a lot, so this shouldn't be very difficult

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-03-23 21:14:11 (edited by seb 2021-03-23 21:16:17)

The menagerie is a room within the castle, and you can get lost by going on its left, right or even behind it, so it's tough to figure out its location at first. Go all the way South-West. Now, don't go North because you'll end up on the Menagerie's left. Instead, Move 4 or 5 steps East. The entrance will be North, and it's two squares wide, so move all the way North. You will then bump into an interactable, ignore it for the moment. Move East a few steps till you bump into another one, then move South a few steps. You'll hear a normal wall sound for some reason, but this is where you need to interact to manage your creatures.