2020-10-02 06:15:33

I was asked a while ago to post a menu guide in the Articles section of the forum, so here it is:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3706 … enu-guide/

If anyone wants further menu descriptions, help selecting their region when first setting up (flags for each country are displayed in a grid), post in this thread.

Arcade and story mode scenes and endings are displayed as comic strips with no audio - if anyone wants descriptions for a particular character, post a request below.

Finally, if anyone would like help with anything else relating to Street Fighter V, again, post a request below.

2022-11-05 04:53:26

I wanna main Karin, because she reminds me of my Tekken main, Lili. But I have no idea where to start

Follow my new Twitter @peanpab: https://twitter.com/PeanPab

2022-11-05 05:09:19

PeanutPablo wrote:

I wanna main Karin, because she reminds me of my Tekken main, Lili. But I have no idea where to start

You need to be a bit more specific. Are you able to select her? Do you need help with her move list? How to play her?

Here's a guide: https://mmosumo.com/street-fighter-v-sf … nd-combos/

2022-11-05 09:29:28

Yeah I know how to select her. I meant gameplay and such

2022-11-05 13:51:27

Ok in that case see the guide I linked above.

2022-11-05 15:52:36

Hi @5. Do  you have any recommendations for learning sf v as a whole? Me and my friend really want to get into this game. We are both using the pc version. Thanks for your reply. smile

2022-11-05 16:30:11

Look up any beginner's guide to SF V on youtube. There are some very good ones, given how long the game's been out.

Discord: clemchowder633

2022-11-05 21:32:31

@6 Pick a character that appeals to you or you like the sound of, look up some online guides, I like the guides this guy does:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MCMuraFGC

Learn some basic combos, learn the moves your character will use for pokes, anti-air attacks etc. Practice in the training room a lot.
Play through the single player games to get a feel of how your character plays and sounds to listen for.

There's probably better players on this forum than me who can give you better advice.

2022-11-06 09:14:41

Before picking a character, learn the basics of the game with a basic character like Ryu, Ken, or other beginner friendly characters. I have one SF V tournament under my belt, and my basic understanding of the game was what helped me win over people who knew their characters better and practiced combos much more than I did.

2022-11-07 04:25:45

Thanks @5

@9, you do online or offline tournaments?

2022-11-07 11:25:59

I've only played in one, and it was online.

2023-03-23 07:09:28

since this one had quite a good discount, I grabbed it from steam and had to use a flash drive to run it... a friend helped me set it up, but I noticed that NVDA freezes a lot, and I mean a lot when I run this game. So I appreciate the menu guides.. its kinda hard to know where you start by default.. I guess if anyone plays it on pc they are using the soni fight thing too_ or is this not really necessary...

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2023-03-23 10:22:18

Got the game due to its steam sale as well, first run shows me something regarding configuring keyboard settings, and IDK how do I pass that screen

2023-03-26 04:16:08

Ghaith wrote:

Got the game due to its steam sale as well, first run shows me something regarding configuring keyboard settings, and IDK how do I pass that screen

a friend helped me with that one. NVDA still lags excessively and I am not sure if it is better to just unload it... I notice that when you go over some options they will speak, like arcade. I think there was a guide someone had made for this one but not really sure.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2023-03-26 04:29:04

@13 If you're on the configure keyboard controls screen, pressing B should take you back out.

@14 That was probably me, I linked to the guide I wrote in post 1 of this thread.

2023-03-26 07:39:45

The end users license agreement got me stuck again,, now I figured out the default keyboard bindings, and will put them here for reference sake later, and for those who need them:
g,h,j: Light punch, medium punch, and heavy punch respectively.
b,n,m: Light kick, medium kick, and heavy kick respectively.
w,a,s,d: DIrectional keys.
K, and comma: all punches and all kick buttons.
Enter: Pause menu.

2023-03-26 15:05:26

hello
Heh, I still don't have this game because I thought that capcom will make an ultra edition of this game like they did with the street fighter 4, or at least a bundle with all dlcs and such things like bandai namko did with tekken 7 because of the end of game support

let's rock!

2023-03-27 05:33:52

I still need to get some fighters for PC, since I have virtually all of the decent fighters for PSX, Saturn, PS2 and Dreamcast (which I also was able to set up emulation for, thanks to Demul).

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2023-03-31 13:05:42

Hello.
Finally got this to work, and played through some of the general story, as well as finished up some character stories, which were nice.
@OP, if possible, can you update your guide with the pause menu, both the one on versus and training modes?
Thanks and best regards.

2023-03-31 14:26:10

I'd love a description of the arcade stuff, especially if there's little story bits.
Also, is A Shadow Falls still an addon or is that free/included with the game now?

2023-03-31 14:30:35

A shadow falls has always been free. It was capcom's apology for the lack of an arcade or story mode at launch, so even those who bought the base game had access to it, as well as arcade mode.

2023-03-31 18:19:24

@19 I'll try and add the pause menu over the next week or so.
@20 I'll add some descriptions of the short stories for each character's story mode at some point, if i get time i'll try and add a description of the main story.

2023-03-31 18:33:30

To clarify, I'm more on about the arcade endings as those aren't voiced. Although story descriptions might help with visual elements we might miss too, even though the modes are voiced.

2023-03-31 20:22:14

aaron wrote:

To clarify, I'm more on about the arcade endings as those aren't voiced. Although story descriptions might help with visual elements we might miss too, even though the modes are voiced.

Ok, noted.

2023-04-03 20:25:08 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2023-04-03 23:53:53)

so quick update on my situation and a bit more insight>

for one, I really appreciate the menu guides. So, you do not get anything spoken but the game makes sounds. There are different sounds for the columns. When you select an option, or press a or enter on it, a menu opens and what you selected speaks so that is how you know when you select arcade, store, battle settings and so on. Pressing b or back like escape, will return you to the main menu and the exact same option you had clicked before remains selected.

As in regards to NVDA.. it will lag, but I just  upgraded and moved all games to  a 1 tb ssd, specifically this one. and this is a blast. It lags less, everything is much more responsive now, OCR works fine.. just not for clicking on things... but it gives you an idea of what is going on or what you need to do, Played a few things in arcade mode and just was blown away. Will check out guides and so on but this is nice. I would still appreciate default controls.. which ones are punch buttons which one kicks and which ones are all kicks and all punches ETC?
I have a standard generic controller with a, b, x, y, two joysticks, bumper and triggers and the sticks can be clicked or pressed down as well.