2020-05-17 07:22:22

the server is down for me.

2020-05-17 15:31:54

Same here, no matter if using cosmicrage.earth or cosmicrage.nathantech.net.

2020-05-29 08:32:35 (edited by Orin 2020-05-29 08:32:56)

Can anyone give me an alias template to make autologin work with Cosmic Rage? I'd appreciate it. Want to make character set files and make them autologin to both my primary and alt. Using VipMud.

2020-06-01 12:05:02

Hello. I can’t connect a sound package. can anyone give me a link to an already configured game client? I will be grateful.

2020-06-01 14:34:42

This game is a mud, so there's no dedicated client as such. What client are you having trouble with soundpack things? Setting them up in VIP can be a bit of a process at first, but it's not so hard once you know what you're doing.

2020-06-01 23:17:23

Okay I am really disliking the change to ground combat.
Stun mechanics were bad enough, given that the only item to resist stun is a level 500 group crafting project (god knows why), but for some odd reason, the admins hae now removed all enemy range in ground combat missions, meaning not only do you get constantly restunned by nearly every enemy, but you can be restunned from literally anywhere in the room too.
I used to really like ground combat, and I thought as my mutariansi levelled up, and as I'd built more armour that I would get to do some more of it, but honestly, these new changes mean even the lower level missions are annoying.
not even dangerous, none of the enemies could get through my armour, just simply bloody irritating!

There seem to be a hole bunch of gripes about ground combat in the game, and it's not hard to see why, I'm just sorry that one of cr's most unique systems and features has got so broken, heck the stun mechanic was annoying enough before, now it makes ground combat virtually pointless.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-02 09:59:17

Hi dark, the ways to combat stunning are more varied than stun crystals, it's just a shame this isn't properly explained anywhere. Firstly, if the stun is short and you type it quickly enough, you can type resist to get out of a stun. If the stun time you have is longer, you can use adrenalin pills, which I believe are available from level 1.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-06-02 11:29:05

I tried to use vip mud. did like everything that was written in the instructions. however, this did not lead to any result. sad

2020-06-02 15:38:11

@792 If you want, I can help you. big_smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2020-06-02 15:48:52

I'm kind of stuck with farming, I was able to fill one of my buildings with water, but when I type pump for the next building it says that the tank has no water. what I'm trying to figure out is, how often do the tanks refil. its bin almost a day since I got back to my farm.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-06-02 15:50:43

you guys could  suggest to them  all these ideas. maybe if that doesn't work talk to nate directly.

2020-06-02 18:53:22

I did put in a suggestion about stunning, and will see what the response is after this.

I did type "resist", but the speed of my resisting didn't combat the stun time.
I could give adrenaline pills a try, however given the frequency of stuns I'd probably be popping them at ridiculous speed which would likely make them impractical, given the amount of times stunning happens from even lower level enemies.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-02 19:33:30

the watertank fills with dirt over time of wich you have to clean it from the office
go there and type clean

2020-06-03 03:50:56

Hullo!
I'll write a proper response tomorrow as I'm very tired, but briefly I just wanted to say, we're going to be talking about ground combat and specificly start scheduling meetings and sessions to understand and overhaul things. smile

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-06-03 04:42:10

@797 when I checked last my tanks were at 100% with no dirt in them and when I went to fill my other buildings it said that theirs no water. how do I know when theirs water in the tanks to use?

2020-06-03 14:25:19

Glad to here that Dardar.
As I believe I said in my suggestion, ground combat has always been a favourite part of cr for me, the grid system, the need to hunt enemies, the different moves etc, indeed I'd love to see more ground combat in the game on planets other than sula vusinvictor, so having ground combat be so frustrating at the moment is a wee bit disappointing, and I'll be looking forward to seeing it fixed.

2020-06-05 02:17:01

hey guys, i'm kinda newbie with muds so can I play this or is it not for newbies smile I playd a mud before and I liked it

2020-06-05 04:20:40

Yes you can. I have a lot of issues with the game, its community is not one of them, however.  If I have to point out the most welcoming mud, this would be in my top three.

2020-06-05 11:07:33

802, can you open that post a little bit more, what kind of issues, for example?

2020-06-05 12:11:27

I can't speak for amerikranian, but I pretty much layed out my issues with the game a couple pages back. In short, for a game that claims to be a space moo, this performs a lot more like farm sim 2.0 with a little bit of space on the side, and the latter part only once you've played the game to a certain extent. NTM, space combat I don't even remotely understand, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, an academy that felt far more confusing than helpful, this is why we have helpfiles dam it, and in general a rather unwelcoming newbie experience.
I do hope that Nathan fixes some of the long standing issues with the game. But almost 4 years after the initial release and this thing still has a lot of growingpains, a lot of which were later introduced by the hosts, that just doesn't look good.
Honestly if you're just getting started with moo's I'd highly recommend star conquest, or miriani if you want something a little more open ended.

2020-06-05 13:25:09 (edited by Dark 2020-06-05 13:59:19)

Again maybe this is a personal preference thing, but I didn't get on well with star conquest at all, after I got my two starting ships blown up on the newbie combat mission because combat was so spammy, and then couldn't get a lone which meant I was literally stuck in the game, after which I was told to go and beg other people for money.
That! was about as unfriendly experience as a newbie as I've ever had, especially with the super spammy and virtually impossible ship combat.

In terms of Cr, I'm slightly confused what you mean there haily about the academy being confusing, the academy is there to teach you movement and that sort of thing, and later, space combat. To get into the game, just start off hand mining and hunting.

No, you won't get into space until level 40, but actually that just means you have a lot more diverse things to do, from hand mining, to  driving a trash truck, pollution cleaning, to harvesting from volcanos, and you'll get to space soon enough.

Space combat does take learning, but there are lots of things in the short term to try out, which is actually one thing I like about CR, the range of things to do is so diverse, admitedly some are more fun than others (see my cosmic rage activities topic), but some of them are quite a lot of fun and take quite a lot of thinking about.

2020-06-05 15:56:18 (edited by haily_merry 2020-06-05 15:58:22)

Yeah, when I mentioned the academy being confusing I was more referring to the combat training classes. To be fair though that might just be me generally not being able to learn well in any kind of school setting and I got frustrated with the thing pretty quickly.
Now we're talking about activities, I recently was told about airpod defence or whatever the thing's called from a friend, apparently it isn't listed in the activities list for whatever reason, and I'm told it pays quite well. Might be worth a shot if I ever find the time to give this thing another attempt.
Regarding SC, the thing about that game is that it depends heavily on RP. You may very well find yourself in situations like that where your only real way out is to, well, roleplay, that's sort of the point of the game. If you'd have rolled with it and messaged your alliance channel for help, most likely somebody would have indeed helped you, given you some money to pay off your battlesuit, etc. That would also have been a great opportunity to get to know your alliance, maybe have a drink with them. Given the extent of the mess you'd have gotten yourself into, probably someone would have been willing to help you fly better so as to avoid situations like that as well. That's what I mean when I say miriani is a lot more open ended than SC, the latter often depends heavily on player interaction and the number of activities you can do is slightly lower because of this, while the former provides a lot more activities, many of which can be done solo all be it with more effort than if you were in a group, and a pretty diverse game world to explore. Sure you always have the problem of certain individuals wanting to engage in PVP with you simply because how dare you happen to be standing in the same room as them! or look at that pore person leaving their ship all alone to atmo salvage! but in general once you've accepted that fact and, for example, know of some out of the way planets outside of the numbered sectors you can atmo salvage in, it's not so hard to avoid such conflicts, in fact I often find outsmarting them rather engaging. Also, remember that above all else, silence is golden. Would be pretty good advice for myself actually, but well, I'm me.
big_smile

2020-06-05 16:05:17

A note regarding SC's combat. You're absolutely correct in that it is indeed pretty spammy. Most blind players work around this by using soundpacks which filter out a lot of the unnecessary information, so for example, the computer reports that rat's dooms day device number3849584 is northeast and down to just northeast and down. Unfortunately the one over at randomcorner.me went away, but I can give it to you if you'd like. The only thing it's missing is room sounds, but apart from that it's pretty complete and has near enough the level of detail you've probably come to expect from games like CR and prometheus.

2020-06-05 16:08:23

she's right, its not listed in the list of activitys. might want to update the list.

2020-06-05 16:26:27

@Haily, Airpod defence is fun and can be done at any rank, though for some ideas on cr activities and my thoughts see this topic.

With Star conquest, I'm afraid what irritated me was firstly that I was unable to finish the newbie tutorial
  missions before getting so stuck in the game, and secondly that not only was there no way out of getting stuck, but when I attempted to contact the admins to discuss a lower spam mode, they literally ignored me. That is why btw Star conquest will not be getting a db entry, since whilst I don't doubt people have created soundpacks and triggers and such to be able to play the game, the admins don't seem to give a monkey's rear about accessibility.

I also don't mind roleplay, but I really don't think making your new players grovel is a good way of encouraging it. Indeed, I confess I'm more a solo activities, go off and explore sort of chap myself, partly because! I like to be in a world where I can do things myself and not constantly need help from others, and role playing a blind pilot who must beg others for favours because he can't keep up with the inaccessible computer is not exactly the sort of gaming experience I want big_smile.

It's a shame, I liked the world and some of the activities sounded like good fun, but hay.

About Miriani I can't say. I've always been putoff by forced pvp and getting blown up for no reason, but more recently have heard that is less a thing than it used to be. I actually ought to give it a try myself at some point, though for the time being I'm enjoying cosmic rage precisely because! I can go off and solo and do activities myself, and when I want to get more involved in Rp, it's as an equal.