2021-06-13 10:31:39

Is there any way that the developer could get my password because when I made the account I used another friends email because I didn't have one. And you need that to get your password again.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-06-13 11:21:13

open a login assist.

2021-06-19 00:38:17 (edited by dardar 2021-06-19 00:38:36)

You're invited to Cosmic Rage's fifth birthday!
July 1st 2016.
A day that changed my life without me even knowing it.
We all joined at different times, we all view CR in a slightly different way.
For some of us, CR is a game and little more. For others though, CR is much more than a game. It's a community. A hub. A place to come to to relax, to have fun, to laugh and to cry. especially when the Vacus blow up that multi quad ship you just finished!
I don't think many if any of the original hosts were sure how successful Cosmic Rage would be,, we put our faith and our all into a project with nothing more than hope and a willingness to listen.
Founded on listening and caring, 5 years on and the community has never been stronger.
So join us, whether you started CR on day one, or if you only joined yesterday, join us as we throw a birthday bash unlike any other seen so far.
Join us as we hold pop quizzes, gift handouts, MUD challenges and much more.
Also experience our one of a kind event area, contributed too by all of the hosts to create something funnier, more involved and exciting than we've ever put together before.
Happy birthday Cosmic Rage.
Our only wish is to see you there.
Event kicks off at 12 Noon on July 1st 2021.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-06-19 11:41:04

Hi,
I will definitely be participating in this birthday event!
Unfortunately, it just happens to start at 10 pm my time, so I'll be in bed, but I'll pop in after sleep for sure!
Here is my latest opinion, regarding the new activity:
The only downside to this is the points. I was, to be honest, very disappointed (no pun intended) in the point reward, but I could see, if I were to do the harder missions, the cash reward becoming very noteworthy, to say the least. Not to mention, it was very engaging and fun, even on easy mode! Going around the star, diving down to find the pods, and then fixing what needed to be fixed and letting them fly away was quite interesting, so overall, a very good activity!

2021-06-19 20:42:55

@dardar what time zone is that?

One of the lead developers of the Final Hour audio game, currently in beta.
https://finalhour.lowerelements.club

2021-06-19 20:47:31

british summertime.

2021-07-01 11:01:50 (edited by Shiro 2021-07-01 11:05:53)

There are only 1 hour, 59 minutes, and 38 seconds left till The big event! Join us as we celebrate the most important day for cosmic rage. There will be music, games, and much much more!
Connect with your favorite Mud Client and join us! Let us make some memories together! Host: Cosmicrage.earth. Ports: 7777

2021-07-03 12:39:58

Still no good sound pack for Mush-Z I'm guessing?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2021-08-30 09:13:42

So there is this poll going on right now:
What do you consider reasonable reward of reasonable effort? to explain, in your answer we'd like you to talk about, for instance: On average I spend x amount of time a day on cr doing activities. the rest of the time I am here I do y. I'd like to be at rank z by time. I like to rank up x times a day for my efforts.
For those who are experienced with some other space moo or muds, it will be cool if you guys could comment on this by typing @vote and choose the number for the poll. There still a lot of unbalance things going on within this game. More input for the host will hopefully help.
I am posting here just in case for you guys who left can say something about it.

2021-08-30 17:20:26

It's just really hard to say. Due to the way activities and unlockables are spread out, individual ranks mean less and less the higher you go. A new person at rank 40 might hold the opinion that an hour of activity grinding would be fairly compensated with 5 ranks, or maybe even less, because of how little space there is between ranks. Ask someone at rank 1500, and you'll probably get a very different answer, since they're expected to perform the same activity for potentially for a hundred ranks to unlock the next one. Personally, I'm still more a fan of how Core Exiles does it, where you can do any activity at any point in time and get rewards that insentivise you to do them, based on your playing style, rather than the way CR means you to progress, with you doing some activities until they become redundant. It's especially weird if you consider how highly the individual activities talk about themselves. You'd think a society that still creates lots of planetary polution would place more regard for those who keep doing it, rather than being like "oh, you're at this rank on your piloting license, go suck up some carbon for us a few times, then we'll let you do something else."

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-08-30 19:33:42

Yeah. I’m at 1596 and it’s just do nebula harvesting do nebula harvesting do nebula harvesting do nebu... nothing interesting to do really.

2021-08-30 19:39:23 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-08-30 19:40:36)

@Dakonna: I agree.
@mazen: exactly, I feel you. and they just decided to nerf down the rewards for gas, too.

2021-08-30 19:47:34

I am not sure if the pole will even be considered for the game development. They've done this a couple of times, right?

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2021-08-31 07:55:01

Hi.
I haven't played the game for very long time. Not because I'm not interested, but simply because of lag of time.
I agree with post #993. Being able to do whatever activity you want no matter what rank you are sounds nice. But, what should ranks then be used for? Unlock ships and items?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-08-31 08:34:24

Hi
I've pretty much stopped grinding altogether on cosmic rage, I just do not have any reason to go any higher and nor the motivation to do it anymore.
There are a couple reasons why, but it has something to do with what a couple previous posts said. I feel like some of the rewards for stuff is outbalanced, and I think it would be amazing if you can do any activity at any rank.
It just doesn't feel right to me that all the fun stuff like factories and moon-base building is locked away behind months and if not years of grinding and grinding, and we get to do basically nothing at lower ranks.
I would say I have gotten quite high in the game (rank 1770) and it just doesn't seem to me worth it to get to 1800 anymore, let alone the maximum of 2040.

2021-08-31 12:58:45

@995 there's a decision I'll perhaps never be able to understand. Why are the hosts actively punishing people for doing what helps them rank up? They aren't trying to exploit loopholes or anything, they're doing what, to them, is the only way they have left to gain ranks in a reasonable amount of time. Nerf this, nerf that. They nerfed minerals back in the day and that lead to everyone between ranks 200 and 400 being stuck. As a consequence, they were forced into quickly hammering out a bunch of mindless slog activities like trash cleansing to fill the gap. Why make minerals transferable at planets in the first place if you're going to make the rewards from them so tiny you might as well disallow it? When I used to play the game, I stopped transfering minerals right then and there and only got them for factory related work. But you can't nerf your way to a balanced game.

2021-08-31 14:00:52

I'm at rank 1720 ish, and for me, its blow up droids, blow up droids, kill vacus ships in huge numbers, blow up droids, blow up droids, and kill about 500 vacus ships. as you can guess, I get really tired of missions, but I hate all the other activities besides star rescuing more, so I really think the payouts need increasing as far as points go.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23 4

2021-08-31 22:16:47

When I played CR I was really annoyed with about 8 hours of star studying only for 100 or so ranks and being forced to repeat it again. I'm not going to connect to the game again (partially because setting up Vip/Soundpack for the mud is a lot of hassle) so if someone could pass this along I'd be grateful.
I think that point costs for activities should be hidden. I also think that all activities should have random point payout proportional to your rank. So for example, star studying would give you roughly 7-14% of the points needed to rank up. Fishing could give you, say, 5-10%. These values would be hidden from the players and in my opinion would provide a more diverse approach to ranking because you'll still end up leveling at some point in a not too distant future. You can't make that argument right now because if you were to go fishing at rank 1000... see you in 2 or so years. That's how long it'd take you to reach 1001-5. This approach would be applicable to all activities, so if you really like trash harvesting you can still do that at rank 1500. This would also explain how people keep planets clean because somebody rightfully pointed out that you only help combat pollution for like... 3 hours. My argumentation for keeping the points hidden is to prevent min-maxing. If activities are intended to provide enjoyment, adding in "You received XXX amount of points" sorta distracts from that purpose.
Also, consider explaining what ranks actually are. Why are ships locked until a certain rank? Why do I have to be rank 750 in order to fly a 22 pilot ship? Shouldn't piloting certifications have different classifications? Perhaps--and I know this is very drastic--consider how the ranks actually interact within the game and how much sense do they make? Avalon had this approach if I recall correctly, I don't remember it having a major emphasis on leveling and yet that mud was the best one I've seen in terms of mechanics / description.

2021-09-01 08:14:25

setting up soundpack is easy though. unless you mess up the boxes on the vip mud character setup screen,  which is quite possible since they're unlabled. however, there's a guyde to fill them up in the soundpack Read Me.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2021-09-01 09:50:12

Star conquest explained their reason for certain things being locked away behind point walls in this way: Building ships, especially large ones, and battlesuit tech is expensive, and they want to reserve the bigger and better stuff for people who know what they're doing and have enough experience to (hopefully) not get blown up. It's a sort of cheep way to handwave game mechanics, but it works in their universe since they don't seem to have access to things like 3d printing, widespread automation or more klarktechy things like rearanging individual atoms to form different compounds. CR, on the other hand, is limited only by the player's imagination, since they let you describe anything. Wanna build a dyson swarm? Put up a factory a few units away from a star and split up the factory into several hubs, then simulate shuttle travel between habitats with a few clever exit messages. And if you wanna turn that swarm into a dyson beam, just put it into your descriptions. There are no laws that prevent you from doing it. CR also seems to have some sort of really clarktechy assembling technology, since if a ship is destroyed, all you gotta do is drop a bunch of metal pannels into a drydock and hit the magic button. Considering how cheep some vehicles are, you can assume manufacturing is trivial in the CR universe, and the costs put on high level gear are mostly artificial inflation for the game's sake. This means that ranks really don't serve a purpose except from a game mechanics point of view. The general opinion is that if you wanna do the cool stuff like moonbases, you're gonna have to work for it, so we'll put it behind a ridiculously high rank wall that you have to grind your way through first. I know I keep referencing Core Exiles, but it just gets a lot of this stuff right. For example, large-skale projects like settlements, companies or Genesis management aren't locked away behind high level walls (all of these things can theoretically be done as soon as you reach level 25). Rather, the limiting factor is that most of these things require large amounts of money and resources, so before you can actually do them, you have to find a way to support the endeavor. I think that would be the best way to go about it.

2021-09-01 21:24:20

Love this mud personally but haven't logged on in a while.

Please support me by checking out my ko-fi shop:
https://ko-fi.com/kjsisco56927

2022-09-16 10:16:29

So I hope this doesn't count as threat necromancy given that the last post was from about a year ago, but I wonder if there is anything I can do regarding help improving the soundpack.
I notice that especially for smaller details there are no sounds or sounds that don't really fit the current szene, for example no footstep sounds, wrong or unfitting ambiances for apartment, shopping centers or the like, no sounds for gliders, bicycles, no sounds for clothing, all those small details that might not impact the game alot, but would fit in nicely into the game in my opinion.
So, instead of suggesting hey, could you put in this or that, would there be a more direct help, stuff like providing sounds, coding them in and so on?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2022-09-16 10:59:00

@997 Speak with host Draq in-game. He's a really nice guy who is in charge of the SP.

Even a blind lion still has his teeth and claws.

2022-09-16 16:46:09

is there a mush sound pack for this? I was told one is in the works but I haven't heard anything.  And, Hi Cerulean!! How goes bro?

2022-09-16 19:47:54

@999 Currently, the mush pack is no longer supported, as far as I am aware. Would love to have one as I love mush over VIP any  day of the week! I have been doing well, hope things are going ok on your side of the world!

Even a blind lion still has his teeth and claws.