2020-06-05 17:10:49 (edited by haily_merry 2020-06-05 17:16:19)

With regards to miriani, recently the hosts have put a lot of policies in place to at least minimise random stunning and stranding. You certainly won't just be randomly stunned while browsing through one of the shops for example, doing that kind of thing, whilst not explicitly disallowed, is still heavily frowned upon by the player base. The two main things you should keep in mind are, A, do not! sleep on landing pads or anywhere that isn't private for that matter, and B, don't stare anywhere, again with the exception of private areas such as ships, though that of course only applies while landed. You can find a quite useful getting started guide for the game over at *link removed by administration*.
Remove the dashes from that URL, apparently the admins have seen fit to employ yet more random censorship preventing me from sending the link normally.
Another thing that will certainly help you is the newbie flag. Basically, once you've created your character, you will have 48 hours during which no one is allowed to attack you in any way what so ever unless it is provoked. That's 48 hours of actually playing the game, mind, so you should have plenty of time to get used to how the game works before having to worry about players potentially wanting to fuck you over.

2020-06-05 17:57:43

I'm with Haily here.  CR is the kind of thing I just never have been able to get into, and that's after years of it being around.  I've already tried it twice in just the past three and come up with the same results; far too much grind in the beginning to be enjoyable.
Miri, while not exactly the greatest environment, particularly if you pay far too much attention to the chatter channel, is not the most horrible, either.  In fact, off chatter, most everyone will be nice to you unless you start messing with people.  Mission where needed, salvage to get credits and get your foot in the door, courier as much as you can early on in the beginning so you can get ahead if you're into that sort of thing and because it provides better benefits later on, and remember that every action, whether it be a word or staring during a mission, will have a reaction, such as people hating on you and worse.
either way, we'd better return you to the topic at hand here, which is CR.  doing any less than that would be super messed up given that would be like going on the CR platform and trying to advertise Miriani, and I don't like that sort of thing myself.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-06-05 20:00:58 (edited by Dark 2020-06-05 20:01:41)

When i first played Cr the grind seemed fairly extreme, these days it doesn't, mostly because for the first few ranks there are activities every 10 levels or so, and you can level quite quickly if you try, indeed i remember when I restarted my character in October, I made it to rank thirty or so on the first day of play, and of course the admins have tried to make earlier activities much more interesting.

IN Cr, I just play the way I used to play core exiles, namely, do an activity for half an hour then alternate, accept of course when I'm doing something mostly automated such as asteroid mining whilst doing something else like writing book reviews big_smile.

Miriani I really ought to just give a try to at some point, especially with the mondo soundpack, and then make up my own mind.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-06 12:34:53

Moderation:
Haily, I'm issuing a caution here and I'm going to tweak your post to remove the link.
I've investigated this site, it hosts copyrighted material, so slightly obscured or not, it's probably not a good idea to post it publicly. It appears to be one of the less egregiously offensive sites, however, which is why this is just a caution.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-06 12:46:47

which site is that? jeff's?

2020-06-06 12:48:07

Yes, that one.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-06 12:57:16

yeah, i love cr to, but at my rank, the grind gets very hard

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-06-06 15:48:41

I'll admit the grind varies between activities. Asteroid harvesting for example is still really not good on points or cash even at my rank of 175, however higher rank activities or those with high rank caps give higher payouts.
For example, one Asteroid processing run can usually get me three or four ranks in one go, whilst going and pollution collecting, particularly with all the upgrades and the hold size of 5000 is pretty good.

The problem tends to come with some of the activities that haven't been updated for a while, such as boat rescuing, even though they don't have rank caps.
Actually, one thing I do think is a bit sad, is that activities that have had changes to make them a bit more fun, such as hunting, trash collecting and mechanical mining are still only worth doing at a very limited rank range, whilst some later activities which haven't had the fixes take up much more relative space on the ranks list, which is one reason I so much liked the changes to asteroid processing and pollution reparation.

Obviously, as the mods focus on activities, some will get fixes and upgrades (meteor chasing is entirely pointless), but stil it's always a shame to have to switch from a more complex activity to a less complex one, one reason I was glad the rank on asteroid processing was extendedd.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-07 15:40:51

I restarted as a dragon, and I haven't played in years.
I found things to be more difficult at the start.
First, I couldn't remember how to use the informational computer.
Finally figured that out enough to find a mining research facility, and it went a little better from there.
But it took me a while just to gain one rank.
Then I gained the build skill, but it looks like you need two billion credits for a toolbox in order to build anything.
Hoping things smooth out as I progress.

2020-06-07 16:27:00 (edited by Dark 2020-06-07 16:28:06)

@Mirage, build skill is actually used to build huts and such, you need to start off hunting and hand mining, though you should enjoy hunting since it comes with a lot of skinning and crafting and what not. Oh and don't worry about a million credits, you'll soon have enough.

See chelp lower level crafts, and see My topic on Cosmic rage activities, for some of my thoughts, though I haven't updated with farming yet as I'm still getting the hang of that and farming is quite a lengthy process.

Btw, if your starting as a dragon fair enough, but you personally might enjoy Mutariansi as a race, particularly all of the animal forms you get to play with.
I can't think of another game when I spend most of my time as an Owl, and then get to turn into a German shepherd when I need to bite someone big_smile.

My char is Wanderer in the game if you want to give me a yell, oh and yes, I am playing a female character.

2020-06-08 02:31:44 (edited by amerikranian 2020-06-08 02:32:05)

To folks asking about my main issues, suffice it to say that if I actually went and described all the problems I have with the game, we'd be here a while. Some of them relate to the mud as a hole, some target the community, and some are in between. It's something very very difficult to put into words and not come off as a bitchy asshole. Despite it's faults, I do believe that CR is one of the best space muds out there, even if I only have 2 others to compare it to (I tried Miriani and it's offspring a bit ago).
I am willing to write up a detailed breakdown of the game, though it would have to wait a month or two (I would need time to swing back into things), the question is, with what I feel like needs to be said and my lack of diplomacy, would it be worth it?

2020-06-08 02:35:05

I would just strait up say how you feel after you play the game again. also I tried space combat and I only hit maybe 9or 14 ships.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-06-08 03:43:27 (edited by Dark 2020-06-08 03:44:31)

@amerikranian, it would depend upon why you were writing such a review.
If your intent was negative, IE, to discourage others from playing and/or express feelings of frustration or anger at the game itself and it's staff, then probably not.

if your intent is Positive, IE, share your opinions, highlight things that need improving so that the game will get better, then it's probably a worthwhile thing to do.

Whilst I like CR myself very much, it's manifestly not perfect, hence the comments in my CR activities topic, however I will say Dardar, and by extention the rest of the staff have always been pretty good about listening to opinions and critique and are fantastic about fixing bugs or making improvements when issues are brought to their attention. Obviously the bigger the change that needs to happen, the longer it will take, but I have! seen some changes, and even comparatively large ones made with reference to suggestions I've personally made, from small matters like altering bits of description in certain rooms, to larger points like making Asteroid processing available at a wider rank range, and giving upgrades to increase the hold size on pollution cleaners.

This is why I'm confident that the current issues, such as the major problems with ground combat at the moment, some of the less interesting/lucrative activities, and meteor chasing being %100 useless, will get solved sooner or later.

2020-06-09 01:24:21

Dark,
I almost played a mutariansi just for that reason, and I may create another character for it, because it did sound like an awesome race.
I'll look for you in game.

2020-06-14 18:23:33

I'm going to give this game a proper go, is there any soundpack for mush client?   or am I better off getting the demo of vip for this? 
I played a long while ago, so I'm basically going to be a newbie as I didn't get far before life threw a bunch of stuff my way.

2020-07-06 05:39:33

so, don't mean to complain or what, but is it me or the host are actualy doing their work kind of slowly now? saw they keep playing around with that random host giveaway thing, but left assist request neglected for a few hours, support request, report and suggestion with no comment. I know they got life and such, but arnt' there like what?6, 7? or more of them working in diffrent time zone shifts. and yes I am aware that diffrent host handles diffrent thing, but still.
Let me ask, is it annoying to you to suggest something that might construct the game to a better way and end up with no reply, no comment, at least why your suggestion cannot be included?
Is it annoying to have a problem in the middle of your activity and have it fix a few hours later?
Then again, I know the game got a big player base, and probably have a pile of reports, suggestions, supports.
with great power comes great responsibility, though, right? so there should be a way to handle these. a day of reports/suggestions checking maybe?
honestly I don't mind waiting if I know what are the hosts up to. playing with that random gift is fine and all, but if there is a report/request/assist, it's better to solve them first beforethings got piled up, right?

2020-07-18 23:24:00 (edited by moaddye 2020-07-18 23:24:23)

I left.
I've been playing cosmic rage for a year and 9 months about now, and it was(is) a good game(that's proven by the time, since I've never bothered playing a mud more than a month or 2 then forgetting it.
)
However, there are a couple problems which I couldn't ignore, which is why I left in the first place.
Help. The main reason I left, is the fact that help comes only 50 percent of the time,  being replaced with silence. I don't think people should know every single thing about the game, but that's saying something, because they have (capable) (helpful) newbie helpers and a bunch of high ranked people which are supposed to have experience, seeing as they got to this rank.
before you go on a rant about how everyone's not helping me because they must but because they can, please hold it. There were 55 people in the game at the time, including me. I asked on chat, newbie, and ooc, 3 channels which nearly everyone connected to, and what did I get? silence.
here's the situation. I had just spent an hour, maybe 2 don't remember, gathering resources for a megasuit. First I had to gather tritanium chunks which I did after about 30 minutes and a bunch of failures, then I had to kill some vacus for heads. then I bought 10 thousand cargo plates (1 pack equal 1 thousand)
I was very happy after finishing the quests and getting the modules. when I went to put them into my megasuit, I couldn't build it for some reason after that. Asking yielded 0 results. at least 15 to 20 of these people must have built a megasuit or seen friends build it, but no one answered.
I waited about 5 minutes and asked again. and silence. so I waited for the third and final time and asked, this one a brief amount because I was running out of pacience.
I got silence. So I started to leave. first talked to some people, asked why newbie helpers were selected by stuff like what they'd helped newbies out with the last time instead of hiring by experience. etcetera, and instantly I got banned from newbie. I wasn't really mad at that, but I sort of grew mad when a newbie helper asked me what I needed help with. right after I got banned.
just explaining my situation. I hope who play have a better experience.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-07-19 00:20:23

IDK man, I feel kind of sad to see this honestly.
to add more onto my post before, I have also realize, it looks like the communication between hosts is lacking somehow?
long story short, I was requesting for a donation pet through the support ticket via the pet wizard, which is support, select number 4, and another number 4. I fill up all of the prompts there and submit it. after a few minutes I got a notice that saying there is a problem with my ticket, and a host will comment on it soon. after a while without any update for my ticket, (yes, I already make sure to checked for a comment, and there was nothing), and so I went to sleep. when I woke up, I got another notice, saying my ticket has been resolve with the comment:
"Hello, would you mind using the pet wizard for this?"
I was like, lol what? what the hek did I used then? also in the ticket, you can clearly see it is in a pet wizard result format.
Then again no one had actually confirm about my post above, it might be just me alone who having that issue with the game.
I saw thumbs up though, if someone feeling the same, please do confirm my points, or if I said something wrong, please correct me. I have this, um, unknown feeling within me.
I love cr, I really do, it's been my home since like, the first launch of the moo back on 2016 I think. I hate to say bad things about it, but I have this principle to not turn a blind eye for something bad happening within whatever I love.
But it just might be me, suggesting something while the host are busy, reporting something while the host are inactive, request for an assist not in the right time...
help, anyone?

2020-07-19 06:56:05

I am not even sure if the creater of the game still checking on the threat beside the time when he wants to make a new post ...

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2020-07-19 09:44:39

@828 I don't think so, mainly because there's not really a point. There's so many ways for players to bring stuff up in game that no one has to post here anymore.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-07-19 10:47:42

827, it seems you already used the pet wizard for this, can you try again and see what happens?
all the donation requests are being handled with care here, but perhaps you entered something rong there
because they are creating the pets with the stuff that you wrote

2020-07-19 14:27:01

@omer: ok, I'll try again soon smile

2020-07-23 10:38:33 (edited by JasonBlaze 2020-07-23 10:42:27)

sorry to bring this up again. handle with great care... not sure about that honestly, I have a friend who has a ticket for a few weeks now, and it's not been resolve, just said that the item will be created but nothing up to this point.
I wonder, is it hard to generate a limitless container? does it require like 50 more lines into the moo code?
Man, just idk, I am starting to feel tired to see this.

2020-07-23 13:43:16 (edited by dardar 2020-07-23 13:47:15)

Good morning everyone, or evening or... Um. well. This being a forum and all I guess it could be the end of the world by now so... Good end of the world everyone?

Anyway! I hope everyone is doing well!

I felt it due time for me to address a couple of concerns, questions ETC that have been raised in this topic, some of which I am more informed about than others!

I'll cover them in the order I see them, but if I do miss you it's not deliberate!

Newbie answers v.s. Megasuits. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I admit to not personally being around at the time (after all, one does have to sleep and eat occasionally). I will say megasuits are not a very widely known system, more out of the fact you need two people of the same race to work with them and most folk seem to hang out with other races! this is completely fine and on the staff to see what we can do to make them more attractive, but on the grand scheme of current projects, Megasuits slowly got pushed back and back to the point where only a select few have ever taken the time to use them. Now, obviously, this is not the most positive angle for megasuits and I will say that when they are used, they're great fun! It may merely explain why you did not get as many answers as you usually would.
In regards to newbie questions it is also important to consider what is asked, for instance, I often see people say:
"I built a module, installed it, but it's not working, why?"
Why what? What module? What output are you getting when you try to use it v.s what you expect? What command or action are you performing in which, in your opinion, it should work and what is this producing?
All relevant information that, to credit our newbie helpers and htpl's they do their best to telepathically read from people's minds but sometimes there just isn't enough!
Now, I am in no way saying this is what happened, (once again I was not there to judge such an action), but there are three sides to every story so this may be another. Not to mention like anyone else, the newbie helpers themselves do have to take toilet breaks at some point, so may have simply missed out when you asked.

Pet wizard v.s support ticket. I admit even I read your post and went, lol what? The only explanation I can even think of that may have happened was someone hit the wrong button and started to make the pet by hand and then got pulled away for what ever reason? I'm not even sure and would have to follow this up to be clear but that would seem to be logical to me.

Does the big guy check the forum? I do my best! I admit I've become more and more reliant on the HTPC's and in game means but I do poke my head around the door occasionally just to read things through and keep my ear to the ground (even if I'm not sure what you'd like me to say in return.) smile

Finally, I wanted to come around to this line of post 832.

"friend who has a ticket for a few weeks now, and it's not been resolve, just said that the item... "

I m, quite literally, baffled and would love to know where you get your information. I logged in this morning and took a peak at donator requests. Sure enough there are a few open (very nice!) In fact there are, as of the writing of this post, 4 tickets in the category donator items. of those, 3 are from the same person. The first is awaiting some code completion and the user has green lighted that process. The other two (by the same user) are being worked by a builder and finally the fourth ticket is awaiting a player response.
Are you sure you're not confusing cosmic Rage with a less efficient mud?
Now, fair enough I will admit I only looked at the donator category. If there is an open ticket and it is not in the right category, I didn't see it but by that same argument, we have a priority list to conform to:
You donate real money, you put your donator item request in the donator item category (all clearly labeled)
We get it done as soon as we can.

If you put it under the wrong heading then... Sure! We'll do it, no problem about that, but you can not expect the same sort of priority as those who did put their tickets in the right place to begin with. Like many things in life, the support ticket system is a queue. thankfully we're not limited in the fact if we're waiting on an answer from question 1, we can't view question 2, so we can answer several requests at once. What this does mean though that is if Bob, Jimmy, David and Johann have their tickets in before you. It would be inconsiderate of us to say sorry Bob, Jimmy, David and Johann, we know you filed your tickets correctly and are first but... Get stuffed, we're doing this one first.

I hope some of these answer your questions and concerns and remember, for the fastest response times, hit us up in the game itself, or drop us an email!

take care, and wash your hands (with soap!)

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-07-24 19:56:53

"Are you sure you're not confusing cosmic Rage with a less efficient mud?"
Wow such confident question smile
yes of course, cosmicrage.earth port 7777 , what else?
For my friend's ticket, I knew by the log that she gave to me.
The ticket was submited on the 14th of this month, replied a day later with the comment that the host will work on it tomorrow. now this is the 25th, the ticket still opens without further comment or action.
ok I do apologize by over exaggerate saying it's been a few week but in fact it's only 1 week. still, is creating a container took that long? I don't know much about MOO coding so I can't really judge too much. but I do believe host has access to some kind of item generator? I mean, they been randomly spawn this mug of coffee, and foods every now and then. Arn't container just work the same? instead of food/drink, the host pick container, and fill up the require information, which already provided by the player.