2020-01-30 18:48:37

@Omer, The battle system is going to be completely different in the combat update, no rolling screens of lines for the deaths. just a single screen smile

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2020-01-30 23:11:02

omgomgomg, thanks
a quick bug bye the way
when you convirt soldiers to nights, the thing says you train your bandots or something.
suggestions
there should be screens for convirting nights to recruiters or oppozit
suggestion, but this can be difficult to add
for example if you recruit x amount of independent units from kingdom 1, and if they are destroyed and if you search for new lands, the new  unit types switches with the old ones you have, is there a way to preserve them, it would be great if that can bbe done

2020-01-31 03:06:26

a question and then something else I'd like to share.

first, I always hear about the big deal with recruiters, but don't know why they are such a big deal. Could you explain that to me?

also,

got a couple new lands when I destroyed some of my opponents. One of them is a land of hulking werebulls, and they don't seem like they are going to be too rough. They are tough but they like me and I have time to deal with them.

The ones I am worried about are a kingdom that came in hating me. They are some masked shapeshifting buzzards. They have almost as many units as me, they hate my guts, and they have about 1000 units per land. I have about 25% more units than they do but I also control over 4 times as many lands as they do so I'm defending vwith very small collectives of troops from them. They don't have the strongest units around, but they are certainly stronger than I am. .

How does this sound. Send mercenary groups on suicide marches into their territory and whittle them down, meanwhile, don't launch any major attacks on other kingdoms so I can keep my troops at home.  launch offensive attacks so more of my troops will be home if they decide to attack?

2020-01-31 08:25:01

Hello I am a brand new player to the Rent game. I Hurt Just purchased the game. I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to Best start?

Any help would be appreciated.

2020-01-31 08:45:19

Good day to all. please tell me how you can hire a throne room manager? otherwise the sage advised but I do not see this. In principle, I can handle it myself, but I would like to know where it is. smile

2020-01-31 10:34:59

from the same place where you hire generals and other high staff
bookrage,
recruiters are the way to gain more peasants each turn
though remember, both amount of lands and amount of recruiters efects how muuch you'll get i think
as a best strategy, gain vassles, tell them to attack that kingdom while you wear down their gold or units or both

2020-01-31 11:25:53

Another question: (I was curious so I cheated a little so I now have the latest version with me. But I won't update to a new until I can really buy it), what can you do with exploration chance if you already explore everything. Also, can you find that skulls place thingy through an area you've explored? Since it doesn't seem to be in the list of any regions.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-01-31 12:11:53

@Omer, Hey so that's actually just been fixed, I'm about to post the changelog now!

Good idea about recruiter screens

I'd like to, I'll see what can be done, it will be hard though. One cool thing is it is possible to recreate a dead kingdom if you have lots of units of a dead race.

@BOOKRAGE, so recruiters are basically knights that send out to recruit new troops for you, they will draw in peasants each turn. One or two don't make a difference but in the future if you have a big empire and send hundreds of knights suddenly they can pull in 100s of new peasants and make a difference.

My strategy for fighting them would be to constantly push, if there is no way to make peace with them at all currently then there is no reason not to go full pelt at them, at them once per turn with your full army while also trying to develop mercenary groups capable of invading them multiple times per turn (you may need to provide them soldiers to make this happen)

@MMASLO1124, Thanks for the support smile I would get stuck in and just try everything, In warsim exploration is rewarded so have a look in every direction and find things that best suit you, but if you have anything that confuses you or you need help with post here, some of these guys are just as seasoned at Warsim as I am haha

@SPAY, You can Hire a throne room steward from the staff and champions menu where you hire other staff, however if you have a low level throne room ie higher level difficulty then you'll need to upgrade it to standard level before you can hire one, good luck!

@OMER, Cheers man! answered better than me haha

@Mata, Once all areas in all directions are explored currently exploration is over, though I have plans to combat this in the future, just not yet! And the isle of skulls was discontinued from the game as I looked to expand on major exploration locations.

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2020-01-31 12:15:30

EXPLORATION DIVERSIFIED (63 features)

I was honestly so close to dismissing this idea and deleting it from my notes to get more important stuff done but I sat there and thought, this would be so cool and would improve the exploration feature a good bit and so I ended up spending three days working on it!

NEW ENCOUNTERS (43 Features)

Previously the game would pick some generic encounters to pop up while you explored, whether you were exploring the deep southern demon lands, the western woods, or the savage north, you'd get the same encounters. Now there are a huge number of new and mostly dynamic encounters that you may get while exploring each of these regions. Some of them are inconsequential and others are good fun!

* Added old frozen corpse encounter found in wild north and far north (with sfx)
* Added frozen corpse found in wild north and far north (with sfx)
* Added bare froze corpse found in wild north and far north (with sfx)
* Added small ditch satchel of gold explore encounte (5-15 gold)
* Added bloated satchel of gold in a stick pile explore encounter (300-900 gold)
* Added harsh cold wind event (all of the north) (with sfx)
* Added coastal breeze event (south coast only) (with sfx)
* Added harsh desert wind event (farrad only) (with sfx)
* Added camp site ruin encounter in the north
* Added drylands camp ruin encounter
* Added Western camp ruin encounter
* Added Rotten head encounter (found in drylands and Parched lands) (with sfx)
* Added alternate rotting head encounter (found in drylands and Parched lands) (with sfx)
* Added chunk of head on ground encounter (found in drylands and Parched lands) (with sfx)
* Added skull with arrow in it encounter (found in drylands and Parched lands) (with sfx)
* Added bodies inside rocks encounter (found in drylands and Parched lands) (with sfx)
* Added dynamic brawlers having a fight encounter (found in near north and wild north)
* Added dynamic wilderman encounter (found in wild north and far north) (with sfx)
* Added new desperate looking peasants (generic explore encounter)
* Added new need work encounter (generic explore encounter)
* Added dynamic gift tree visitor encounter (found in denland)
* Added goblin wooden woman trap encounter (found in wildwood)
* Added goblin spike pit encounter (found in wildwood)
* Added goblin spike mounds encounter (found in wildwood)
* Added holy order of roses knight (found in songwood)
* Added Old man stone of denland pilgrim (found in denland)
* Added skipping boy stone of denland pilgrim (found in denland)
* Added normal stone of denland pilgrim encounter (found in denland)
* Added broken lute encounter (found in songwood)
* Added rotten drums encounter (found in songwood)
* Added lone arrow encounter (found in songwood and wildwood)
* Added tree full of arrows (found in songwood and wildwood)
* Added new desperate looking warriors (generic explore encounter) (with sfx)
* Added new need a new master encounter (generic explore encounter) (with sfx)
* Added dead southern knight (southern explore encounter)
* Added frozen knight (northern explore encounter)
* Added pair of lost knights (generic explore encounter)
* Added trio of arguing knights (generic explore encounter)
* Added I have travelled day and night (generic explore encounter)
* Added scared knight (generic explore encounter)
* Added randomly generated treasure found (rare generic explore encounter) (with sfx)
* Added killable oooh snake encounter (all southern regions except south coast)(with sfx)
* Added rare chance that southern wind reveals a treasure (anywhere in the south)

TWEAKS AND FIXES TO OLD ENCOUNTERS (13 features)

I've also tweaked some of the old generic encounters to fit with this new update.

* Made it so that peasant joiners explore event doesn't happen in far north, drylands or ancient lands
* Cleared broken encounters from explore event system
* Added new system dividing some encounters by region
* Fixed 14 text and grammar bugs in explore events
* Made foreign king knight buyer encounter 5x rarer
* Added new sound effect and screen for hiring masterless soldiers
* Fixed bug with explore event text for wandering soldiers
* Added new screen for being unable to afford masterless soldiers
* Added missing +chaos orb indicator for chaos orb exploration attempts
* Made white marker +1 chance of exploring twice as rare
* Fixed bug with explore event text for wandering peasants
* Added new sound effect and screen for hiring masterless peasants
* Added new screen for being unable to afford masterless peasants

**WANDERING AIMLESSLY (7 features)**

And now instead of getting a little blip of text saying 'You wander aimlessly' there is a dynamic screen instead!

* Added new system for wandering aimlessly
* Added indicator of exploration chance lost with aimless wandering
* Added 3 wander aimlessly screens for the west
* Added 3 wander aimlessly screens for the east
* Added 3 wander aimlessly screens for the south
* Added 3 wander aimlessly screens for the north
* Added 3 generic wander aimlessly screens

THE REST OF THE UPDATE (63 features)

All of this was originally going to be the update until I spent the last three days working on the above system! This is still a juicy update in and of itself though, difficulty changes and several other systems being improved. Weirdly this ended up being the same number of features as the above, so it's kind of two identically sized updates.

DIFFICULTY REWORKS (12 features)

Warsim's difficulty choice mostly affects how the game starts off rather than how it progresses as you play, I have attempted here to do a bit more of both starting disadvantages as well as long term harder gameplay in certain areas. Now independent kingdoms will grow faster in population depending on the difficulty and many other locations garrisons are bigger. Randomisation still exists for troops costs and certain units but they will be higher on average with these new changes.

* Added kingdoms get a 1.5x increase in recruits in normal difficulty
* Added kingdoms get a 2x increase in recruits in hard difficulty
* Added kingdoms get a 3x increase in recruits in hard difficulty
* Added kingdoms get a 4x increase in recruits in hard difficulty
* Added militia costs +2, +3, +4, +5 gold in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty
* Added soldiers cost +4, +6, +8, +10 gold in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty
* Added knights cost +10, +15, +20, +25 gold in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty
* Added Slaver Fort Garrison gets +100, +150, +250, +350 soldiers in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty
* Added Thickblood bandits get +150, +250, +350, +550 troops in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty
* Added Blackmarket garrison gets +300, +600, +800, +1000 troops in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty
* Added Gorthmek fort gets +200, +400, +600, +700 troops in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty
* Added Combat Academy gets +50, +100, +150, +200 champions in Normal, Hard, Solid, And Insane Difficulty

LEADERS POST-ANNEXATION (8 features)

This was planned for the vassal update but I couldn't get it done in time, now it's in! Once annexed this tells you what becomes of the leader of the now annexed kingdom from a range of random possibilities.

* Added new system for what happens to leader of independnet kingdom once it's annexed
* Added 'isolated life' outcome for independent leader
* Added 'strange distant lands' outcome for independent leader
* Added 'humble life' outcome for independent leader
* Added 'trader' outcome for independent leader
* Added 'way of the bard' outcome for independent leader
* Added 'never seen' outcome for independent leader
* Added 'highest tower' outcome for independent leader

FORTS IMPROVED (15 features)

So I revisited forts recently and noticed that upgrading is pretty terrible and that there are some 'secret' features such as your chosen commanders battlescore directly influencing how many troops a fort can have and their recruitment rating so now those are less secret and installing a leader or upgrading a fort both have their own nice new screens.

* Added new upgrade screen when upgrading Fort Kullak
* Added new upgrade screen when upgrading Fort Gorthmek
* Added new upgrade screen when upgrading Fort Northwatch
* Added new upgrade screen when upgrading Your Fort
* Added new screen for choosing champion for fort Northwatch
* Added new screen for choosing champion for fort Gorthmek
* Added new screen for choosing champion for fort Kullak
* Added new screen for choosing champion for Your Fort
* Added new block for options if you don't have champions in certain slots for forts
* Fixed Grammar bug in northwatch
* Fixed Grammar bug in Gorthmek
* Fixed Grammar bug in Kullak
* Fixed issue with northwatch graphics
* Fixed issue with Kullaks graphics
* Added screen for new fortress commander being instated (explaining their bonuses)

LAVA PIT REWORKED (2 features)

So this place was accidentally a total secret weapon against the demons, for the low low price of 6 peasants the demons were stopped forever! Now it's fixed, but I have made it easier to automate the process of stopping the demons recruitment patterns.

* Added ability to autosacrifice peasants at lava pit if you sacrifice 6 per turn for 2 turns
* Fixed sacrificing 6 peasants in the lava pit completely blocked the demons from ever spawning additional demons

AM I FUNNY? (1 feature)

Some of you may have discovered that having a custom celebration where people getting drunk is selected will cause many new throne room events, one such event includes a drunk wandering into your court and peeing on the floor, I had this event occur the other day and thought It would hilarious if, provided you had a jester, he stepped forward and said 'Urine trouble now!' - It made me laugh at least!

* Added Urine Trouble joke

NEW BLACKOUTS (2 features)

Two more events you can wake up to if you get Blackout drunk in a tavern or booze stall.

* Added dead knight blackout drunk encounter
* Added stolen item blackout drunk encounter

BUGFIXES (15 features)

A heap of new bugfixes thanks to a few people including TheGamingDictator, VideoVillain, Xoren, and Zizhou!

* Fixed convert knights to holy order options not blanked out when you have no knights
* Fixed combat academy not allowing you to hire troops if you've bought all the soldiers from the guilds
* Fixed issue with owned northern merc post bandit hire not working if all soldiers are hired
* Fixed crown you by right you text bug (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed gambler king intro text bug (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed realm finances game intro text bug (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed speak to old croll intro text bug (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 13 throne room intro text bugs (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 4 bugs in community links text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed no -1 soldier indicator in black alley (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed mushroom trip oooh snake bugs (credit u/Videovillain)
* Fixed generic mushroom trip bug (credit u/Videovillain)
* Fixed 'press 0 to exist' instead of 'exit' in exploration option (credit [email protected])
* Fixed bandits are put through rigorous training text for soldiers to knights training (credit [email protected])
* Fixed pirate wars book skipping first page (credit Zizhou)

EVERYTHING ELSE (8 features)

Some loose and categoryless tweaks and additions!

* Added hall of order now refered to as whatever the order of knights is named
* Added goblinwood slavery ended option shows the slaves that joined goblinwoods population
* Added screen for pushing back the demon horde in battle
* Added Oooh Snake head in the tavern in Arasuk
* Added new text for hiring from goblin slaver when he has berserkers (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Added calm theme to warsim extra music library (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Reworked snail racing circuit to only show snails in the current leading lap on screen (making it easier to understand what's going on in a snail race)
* Removed 14 Aslona based name suffixes for characters

SUMMARY

In summary, this update offers a new expansion on the exploration encounters had while exploring the realm and makes them region specific. It expands on the difficulty effects in game making difficulty both increase difficulty at game start and add missing elements of permanent difficulty differences between settings.

It adds a small missing part from the annexation update which is the stories of what the leader of the annexed kingdom does post annexation. The four forts discoverable and ownable in game have been expanded on with new features making it much clearer when upgrading and installing a leader what that leader does for the fort, revealing fort leader mechanics that were previously not openly shown by the game.

Other than that there were lots of other smaller tweaks, bugfixes, additions, and changes to the game such as new blackout drunk events, improvements on the lava pit, and an improved snail racing circuit.

2020-02-01 03:50:56

I don't know if such things will be implemented already in the combat update, but it could be nice if there is a kind of development in the game. What I mean is, that within the game during the years, there could be some new things if the game goes on. During the time within the game, units could learn more things they could do, or if the weapon creator comes in, more weapons or new ones wich are better could come in later in the game. Even the units could get more types and methods of fighting and attacking or get other possibilities, so the combat mechanics could get smarter the longer the game goes on. Just an idea, but this way it can be shown that time goes on and with some years passing by, such things get better and evolve or new things could be invented or such. Just a suggestion.

2020-02-01 13:36:06

Good ideas Niklas, see how development goes smile

2020-02-07 23:05:24

THE DARKMARSH UPDATE (47 features)

Prior to this update 'Darkmarsh' had two functional things in it, a semi working cup game run by a faceless goblin called Dapplogk, and a semi-functional toll bridge feature forcing you to either pay or not be able to access locations in front of it. For the longest time this region of the west has been unfinished with 9 of it's 10 locations inaccessible, so in an effort to start tying up loose ends the entire of Darkmarsh has now been added to the game, this includes an interesting and content filled village called Uktak, a strange statue with dynamic visitors, a killable bridge troll who expects toll, a goblin filled tavern floating on a lily pad (you can get drunk here), an improved cup game, a smugglers den, and a bunch more smaller things!

* Added Uktak Village to Darkmarsh in the West
* Added the hut with the 'x' banner to Uktak Village
* Added ability to question the Uktak speech custom
* Added varying graphic and text for Uktak if upgraded
* Added ability to recruit local goblins from Uktak (random number between 1-10 but doubled if Uktak is upgraded)
* Added friendship shrine in Uktak post upgrade
* Added 15 unique dialogues to local goblins in Uktak
* Added ability to speak to leader of Uktak (8 dialogues)
* Added investment in Uktak Event (with sfx)
* Added ability to take tribute from Uktak Village
* Added Grabtork the Swindler to Uktak Village
* Added New Guessing game (5 gold per play) with Grabtork
* Added ruins of Uktak village with dynamic screen (if village was upgraded before ruined)
* Added the ability to loot and sack Uktak village (with sfx and random loot)
* Added double tribute size if you upgrade Uktak Village
* Added new screen for bridge troll encounter (with sfx)
* Added new screen for backing away and refusing bridge toll
* Added new screen for paying bridge troll
* Added new screen for not being able to afford bridge toll
* Added ability to send knight to kill troll (dynamic outcome with screens and sfx)
* Added ability to try to speak with Bridge troll
* Added visitable swamp bridge post troll death
* Added visitable swamp bridge post troll toll paid
* Added visitable swamp brdige before toll paid
* Added 'Strange plant' dynamic darkmarsh explore event
* Added smugglers den to darkmarsh in the west
* Added ability to loot smugglers den (3 random treasures)
* Added 'Racing goblins' darkmarsh explore event
* Added 'Hek Plon' darkmarsh explore event
* Added 'Hek Plon x3' darkmarsh explore event
* Added 'Smugglers Cache' darkmarsh explore event
* Added The Deadmarsh to Darkmarsh in the West (4 random intro texts)
* Added the great bluetree stump to Darkmarsh in the West
* Added random troll chest reward for killing bridge troll
* Added ability to speak to Dapplogk
* Added Golden Lily Pad Tavern to Darkmarsh in the West
* Added Ruined Swamp Fortress to Darkmarsh in the West
* Added Swamp's End to Darkmarsh in the West
* Added swamp statue to Darkmarsh in the West (5 custom scenes possible)
* Added Screen for paying for Dapplogks cup game
* Added 15 unique dialogues to Golden Lily Pad customers
* Added indicators of gold won in Dapplogks cup game
* Added 3 sound effects to dapplogks cup game
* Fixed Dapplogk's cup game text colour
* Fixed Dapplogk's cup game graphic colour
* Fixed Darkmarsh compass graphic colour issue
* Fixed text not blocking if you can't afford 5 gold for swamp cup game

MONSTER PIT REVISITED (4 features)

Some stuff that was planned but never added during the monster pit update! Now here it is, you can challenge the arena grand champion to fight in your monster pit. Doing so will risk public opinion loss and can of course result in the death of your grand champion... But think of the glory!

* Fixed broken menu option for accepting challenges
* Added ability to challenge the arena grand champion to fight your monster
* Added bonus moves assigned to grand champion in monster fight if battlescore is 200 or higher
* Added new hall of fame death text 'died fighting in the monster pit'

BLACKMARKET ENCOUNTERS (23 features)

I got a report from gamingdictator that one of these encounters was bugged... turns out pretty much all of them in one way or another didn't conform well with the rest of the game, now they are all fixed up!

* Fixed Blackmarket slums dropped coin text colour bug (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed missing line in Blackmarket pickpocket encounter
* Fixed 22 grammar bugs in Blackmarket slums encounters
* Added missing screen for not having gold for old man begging encounter
* Added missing screen for giving old man nothing in blackmarket encounters
* Made giving dropped coin to beggar give +1 public opinion
* Added screen for giving coin to beggar in blackmarket encounters
* Added screen to keeping coin in blackmarket encounters
* Added screen for giving extra gold to beggar in blackmarket encounters
* Made giving extra gold to beggar give +1 public opinion
* Added missing indicator for market slave population drop in slave escape encounter
* Fixed 12 grammar bugs in Blackmarket dockrow encounters
* Fixed yellow text bug for dockrow hatbuyer encounter
* Added new screens for all reactions to hatbuyer encounter
* Fixed 15 grammar bugs in Blackmarket guildrow encounters
* Fixed 16 grammar bugs in Blackmarket guildrow encounters
* Fixed 19 grammar bugs in Blackmarket guildrow encounters
* Fixed missing line in fighters district big winner gold gift
* Fixed line spacing issues for gambler request encounter
* Fixed yellow text for gambler request encounter
* Added new screens for reactions for gambler request
* Fixed missing lost gold indicator for gambler request
* Fixed 18 grammar bugs in Blackmarket central encounters

NEW LOOT (10 features)

More opportunities to find loot items should mean more possible loot, so here are 10 random items you can find!

* Added new 'Bronze statue of a naked woman' Loot item (worth 90 gold)
* Added new 'Obsidian Orc fetus' Loot item (worth 140 gold)
* Added new 'Finely painted pebble' Loot item (worth 10 gold)
* Added new 'Warped Magical Mirror' Loot item (worth 190 gold)
* Added new 'Ancient Coin' Loot item (worth 40 gold)
* Added new 'Necklace made of goblins toes' Loot item (worth 20 gold)
* Added new 'Necklace made of orc teeth' Loot item (worth 40 gold)
* Added new 'Small jar of gold flakes' Loot item (worth 35 gold)
* Added new 'Solid silver fist' Loot item (worth 130 gold)
* Added new 'Arrow encrusted with gold' Loot item (worth 80 gold)

RECRUITERS IMPROVED (9 features)

Logical suggestion from Fox, now your public opinion affects how well recruiters function.

* Added dynamic system of public opinion effecting recruiters (credit Fox)
* Added PublicOp of greater than 75 doubles recruiter recruits (credit Fox)
* Added PublicOp of greater than 50 gives 50% extra recruiter recruits (credit Fox)
* Added PublicOp of greater than 25 gives 10% extra recruiter recruits (credit Fox)
* Added PublicOp of between -25 and -1 gives -25% recruiter recruits (credit Fox)
* Added PublicOp of between -50 and -26 gives -50% recruiter recruits (credit Fox)
* Added PublioOp Lower than -50 gives -70% recruiter recruits (credit Fox)
* Added new screen when knights turned to recruiters (credit Omer)
* Added new screen when recruiters turned to knights (credit Omer)

BUGFIXES (9 features)

A couple of new bugs fixed, thanks mostly to theGamingDictator!

* Fixed goblin upgrades not blocking ascii
* Fixed missing line in picked fruits sewer encounter
* Fixed text colour issue with empty patch of bluetrii fruit in sewer
* Fixed intro to insane difficult text bugs (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed grammar issues with load savegame screen (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 'the room the as' text bug in game intro (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in mad king intro (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed issue with default faction settings in custom game (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed issue with troops joining rebels at some game starts even with no rebellion (credit u/TheGamingDictator)

EVERYTHING ELSE (4 features)

* Added 9 new goblin names (Sneggart, Snaggat, Snuggirt, Smorgat, Smiggort, Smuggert, Snouggert, Sunggit, Siggernt, and Sloggatt)
* Added new Grumpkin name (credit Kath and Cat)
* Added troops join deserters in bandit king/gambler king/demonic king start (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Altered text for exploring question in chelobs well (credit Mooredannym)

2020-02-10 20:03:02

Nice. I haven't played this in a while but I remember last I did there seemed to be a few unfinished areas. Was wondering when those would be done.

2020-02-10 22:04:21

Hey Zakc, yeah I did a bunch of development on exploration then stopped for a long time working on other stuff, it's had a couple of overhauls recently though. All that's left now is the East being finished and the town of Darkdale in Songwood to the west being finished. Oh and the ancient isle you can find from artifacts

2020-02-10 23:09:04

Hey everyone,

So after being asked by a few people if I had any way to further support me beyond buying the game I've decided to open a patreon. I'm not going be promoting it everywhere or anything like that so after this post you won't hear about it for a while, but I'm happy to offer it as option for people who want to help support the game further in it's developments.

I won't be doing any Warsim DLC as I don't want to gate content from anyone, but it is a struggle sometimes with continuing to fund development.

In 2017 following the games launch on steam there were 20 updates, then in 2018 there were 32, and then in 2019 just last year the game got 58 updates (more than one per week!) Although this year so far we're on 5.

There are currently three tiers on the Patreon (but I'm open to ideas):

* Helpful Goblin Tier - $1
* Loyal Warrior Tier - $3 (your name on Gro'lok's stump, and some names in game)
* Supportive Ogre Tier - $25 (the above +I'll mail you some notes and concept art from the development that month... Although there's only five of these)

You can find the patreon page here - https://www.patreon.com/Warsim/membership

Any support is appreciated but not expected, Thank you for all for being here regardless smile

Huw (Solodev of Warsim)

2020-02-11 02:56:32

Donated. I love the game. Still learning it But love it nonetheless.

2020-02-11 09:30:14

this will be the first game taht i'M going to support when i start to receave balanced finansial status

2020-02-11 19:06:02

@Omer, I appreciate that! thanks man

@Mmaslo1124, Thank you so much Mike! 10 features in the next update are dedicated to you smile

2020-02-11 19:06:15

Hey guys so just a little fun update, 10 features per patron since the launch last night! Thanks to the people who signed up for it my day/week/month is made smile

TITLE CHANGE (2 features)

Good suggestion from the GamingDictator to be able to change your lordly titles in the laws screen!

* Added ability to change your lordly title in other laws (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Added ability to change your royal title in other laws (credit u/TheGamingDictator)

HUNTER'S REST FIXED (7 features)

Had a look through hunters rest and found a number of issues and stuff that needs improvement so it's all done now!

* Added screen to recruiting from Huntsmans rest
* Added screen to trying to speak to guards in huntsmans rest
* Added screen to no one joins you huntsmans rest
* Added screen to population too low to recruit in huntsmans rest
* Updated hunters hall intro text
* Fixed text bug in huntsmans rest chief text
* Fixed broken huntsmans rest tribute cancel button

LEAFBURNER'S GUILDHALL (6 features)

Found some issues here and thought I'd add a little bit of extra content while I was fixing it!

* Fixed 6 typos with Klethus the guildmaster of the goblinwood leafburner's guild
* Fixed 2 line split bugs for Klethus' dialogues
* Added 'tell me about the districts of goblinwood' question for Klethus
* Added 'life as a non-goblin' question for Klethus
* Added 'what do you do here' question for Klethus
* Added new intro screen for room of hilarity leafburners guild

THE TALL GREEN MAN (2 features)

Tall green man? or two goblins on eachothers shoulders under a tall cloak... only time will tell!

* Made new sound effect for 2 goblins laughing
* Added tall green man throne room encounter (credit XxMeMe StormxX)

RACE EFFECT ADDITIONS (3 features)

As you guys are aware there are 94+ million possible races that can be generated in the game, thanks to 1000s of different prefixes and race types. The vast majority of the procedurally generated races have effects and stats and abilities that make them all vastly unique from eachother but a smaller number of them don't have any unique differences, for example Faceless races. Faceless Men sound cool but in reality in game they are just normal men... No more! Now they will get a blank face, same for unborn. I'm always happy to add new tweaks that further add diversity to the millions of races you are unlikely to ever see!

* Added 'Faceless' races will now have blank faces
* Added 'Unborn' races will now also have blank faces
* Added new racial trait '45' for blank faces (can be used for any new prefixes)

EVEN MORE LOOT (10 features)

Another batch of possible random items found while exploring!

* Added new 'Tapestry depicting the stars' Loot item (worth 160 gold)
* Added new 'Ancient talisman' Loot item (worth 95 gold)
* Added new 'fragment of an ancient talisman' Loot item (worth 15 gold)
* Added new 'a shard of an ancient coin' Loot item (worth 5 gold)
* Added new 'a magical jar of lava' Loot item (worth 199 gold)
* Added new 'two ancient coins stuck together' Loot item (worth 75 gold)
* Added new 'statue of a three headed vampire' Loot item (worth 80 gold)
* Added new 'a petrified dragon scale' Loot item (worth 55 gold)
* Added new 'a petrified harpy wing' Loot item (worth 50 gold)
* Added new 'a frozen wizards finger' Loot item (worth 20 gold)

GOT ENOUGH GIANT'S FACES? NO! (1 feature)

That's more than 5 giants per living human!

* Added 7,363,584,000 new giant faces (was 36 billion now 44 billion)

NEW NAME SUFFIXES (7 features)

Patreon themed name suffixes, though I still think these will merge in well with the 1000s of others.

* Added new name suffix 'the Patron' (+5 battlescore) (can be modified by random additional parts)
* Added new name suffix 'the Friend' (+5 battlescore) (can be modified by random additional parts)
* Added new name suffix 'the Benefactor' (+6 battlescore) (can be modified by random additional parts)
* Added new name suffix 'the Advocate' (+7 battlescore) (can be modified by random additional parts)
* Added new name suffix 'the Backer' (+6 battlescore) (can be modified by random additional parts)
* Added new name suffix 'the Blood-Patron' (+25 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Well-Wisher' (+3 battlescore)

NEW NAMES (4 features)

Can never do with too many character names, the mermen ones are based on latin words for water and sea related stuff.

* Added 5 new gnome names (Rumploo, Rumpledoop, Boopy, Boopydoo, Boopydoopy)
* Added 3 new ghoul names (Corpserash, Rotrash, Bonerash)
* Added 3 new fiend names (Bal-Bisnac, Eur-Dumabi, Aktaliddon)
* Added 5 new mermen names (Testa, Litore, Natare, Naqua, Atesta)

BUGFIXES (33 features)

A ton of bugs fixed including the Grand tournament bug! Thanks for all who reported it

* Fixed grand tournament bet void bug (thanks to everyone who let me know about this)
* Fixed grand champion last letter of name removed bug (credit u/videovillain)
* Fixed tavern talk file line blank bug
* Fixed blue tree in Darkmarsh graphic bug
* Fixed smugglers camp exit making you exit the entire west bug
* Fixed smugglers cache darkmarsh explore event triggering a follow up event
* Fixed knight not being removed during drunk encounter where you murder one of your knights
* Fixed darkmarsh not showing as name of area when exploring
* Fixed goblins burst into court at Jamboree missing line and colour issue
* Fixed slave soldier and slaver purchase screens not showing cost in slavers fort (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed layout of the slave fort hire text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed bookrage shop text bug in Blackmarket (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed text bug in necromancers hall in Blackmarket (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 5 text and grammar bugs in Fighter's district intro texts (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed fighter's pit intro text not showing if ascii disabled
* Fixed text bug in fighter's pit intro text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed text bug in fighter's pit champion intro text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 3 text bugs in pitside tavern into texts (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 4 text bugs in Rass the pitside tavern keep intro texts (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Nezale's Nose screen (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed text bug in swordsmans companion clerk intro (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 6 text bugs in gwyn shop clerks dialogues (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 2 line split bugs in gwyn shop clerks dialogues (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed text bug in Axe bucket intro text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Spear Centre intro text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed text bug in sharpest dagger intro text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Nezales hut intro text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 4 text bugs in Nezale dialogue text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 3 line split bugs in Nezale dialogue text (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed grammar bug on intro text to strongths hut (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed text bug with garralds city tours intro (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 5 text bugs in Strongths dialogues (credit u/TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 13 text bugs in central district intro texts (credit u/TheGamingDictator)

EVERYTHING ELSE (5 features)

* Updated Gro'lok's stump to include the new patreon supporters
* Added +5 goblinwood soldiers from goblins burst into court encounter at Jamboree
* Added new kingdom time 'Tempire' ruled by a 'Temperor' with 'Temperators' as lords (credit Tempheror)
* Added 2 sound effects to midas the dog encounter
* Added screen for tour operator not available in central district

2020-02-11 19:12:49 (edited by firefly82 2020-02-11 19:55:41)

Hey hey Wastemaster!:-) Could you release your warsim on gog.com too?
Oh, and another question: Will i get the next updates if i buy it on itch.io too, or do i have to pay for every new version?

2020-02-11 20:37:29

@Firefly82, hey firefly! I actually sent off an application to GOG.com twice but they rejected it both times. There's a small list of people asking GOG to put it up on this list https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/wars … _of_aslona but It's not something they want on their platform. I'll try again after early access release.

As for the itch.io thing, I update the itch version alongside the steam update so both should work in conjunction. And god no, once you own it you should be able to redownload every new version for free forever. If it ever tries to charge you again post purchase just let me know and I'll sort it out smile

2020-02-11 21:07:18

HMM, to be honest, i dont like the fact of all the asked personal informations.
I will think about it.

2020-02-12 04:33:14

wastlander, thinking about patrion supporting this thing myself.

One thing I have been thinking of that despite that it will make things a little harder, needs to happen is that sacrificing peasants to the lava pit ought to have a chance of lowering public opinion.

Also, I was playing the game without headphones on when some friends were with me and they loved, but were very shocked at the screaming sound as I was sacrificing peasants to the pit.

2020-02-12 10:31:19

@Firefly82, Which is asking you for personal information? Itch.io?

@Bookrage, Thank you I appreciate it!

And good point, if it didn't already have a chance of reducing public opinion it will now.

Hahaha, yeah it's one of my favourite sound effects

2020-02-12 17:40:34

Yeah, Itch asks a lot of stuff about your living place. Call me old-fashioned, but i dont like so much to trow arround all my data.