Ah that's a shame, for a digital purchase you shouldn't have to in my opinion.
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Ah that's a shame, for a digital purchase you shouldn't have to in my opinion.
I remember only needing to provide an email with them.
Hey guys for anyone struggling with Chelobs well there's now a guide on steam - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … 1993864194
i remember beating it for the first time while searching those version questions in google hahaha
Haha yeah I've had a few people try and search but find nothing so I thought I'd help.
Well done on beating it though, I struggled like hell myself without cheating on the old one
A bug. When dealing with independant kingdoms, sometimes the text for setting up a trade agreement and an alliance are the exact same.
Cheers Matt, has been reported, I need to overhaul that whole system like I did with the vassal option
new cheat suggestion, 000, gives your staff 0 skill level, strips you from lands and gold and unupgrades your buildings
Due to the way the system works, 000 would just register as 0 and exit haha.
I like the idea though!
Just out of interest, because that hasn't happened to me till yet: Is the AI even able to hire mercenary Groups to attack me within a turn as well? If not, that would be a nice Addition, even for surprising attacks and the like.
It's not possible yet, but it's in the plans!
sounds good, great to hear that it is planed.
No problem Niklas, I've been taking notes for years and have literally 1000+ things listed for Warsim. That's why it's still in-dev haha.
THE VAMPIRE UPDATE (67 features)
So while working through my long planlist for Warsim as I prepare the roadmap to getting the game released, I found a small list of various plans for the Vampire city of Baiaa and it's respective features. I then searched the list for the rest of the vampire related ideas and read through all of them before deciding to clear them all in a little update.
GENERAL BAIAA STUFF (25 features)
For this update I decided to go through the vampire city code and fix and upgrade anything I could find that needed improving, leaving what I am convinced is now a full and complete vampire city!
* Added 4 dynamic new screens for paying slaves and peasants to watch Baiaa pit fights
* Added new screen for defeating Baiaa (with peasant gain indicators and graphic)
* Reworked vampire council diplomacy screen to be much better
* Added 2 new screens for pre-Baiaa attack with sfx
* Added hiss sound to hiss text when speaking to bartender in Baiaa
* Added swipe sound to playing thralls finger in shades bloom tavern
* Added hiss sound to Baiaa pit master dialogue
* Fixed vampire hunter faction recruiting people during times devoid of vampires
* Fixed Baiaa entry infinite loop bug (credit Crishpy)
* Fixed tribute cancellation with Baiaa showing blocked option
* Fixed 4 text bugs in Biaa pit master dialogues
* Fixed incorrect report of troop deaths from wild vampires
* Fixed unneeded line break in Baiaa bartender intro
* Fixed grammar issue in upper district of Baiaa text
* Fixed 4 issues with text intro for Baiaa clan houses
* Fixed 5 text and grammar issues with Bartender of shades bloom tavern
* Fixed 2 grammar bugs with thralls finger game in shades bloom tavern
* Fixed 5 bugs in Thundil tavern in Baiaa
* Fixed 2 text bugs with Blacktower skeleton speak text
* Fixed text bug in room X in Blacktower
* Fixed 2 text bugs in crypt of the ancients in Baiaa
* Fixed 2 grammar bugs in blood pit payment screens
* Fixed Baiaa ruined council building text bug
* Fixed 3 bugs in ruined shadow district Baiaa text
* Fixed 2 bugs in ruined lower district of Baiaa text
VAMPIRES EXPANDED (2 features, or 1.16 billion... up to you really)
To fit with the Vampire update I've expanded vampire names and faces so there's even more variation.
* Added 1.16 Billion new vampire faces (was 1,089,234,432, now 2,244,483,072)
* Added 20 new vampire names
VAMPIRE HUNTER DIPLOMACY (6 features)
Vampire hunters were an unreachable background faction that arise to fight the wild vampire threat, well now while they're active you can interact with them diplomatically!
* Added screen for vampire hunters in diplomacy
* Added ability to ask random vampire hunters about the vampire threat (10 dialogues)
* Added ability to try and recruit vamp hunters
* Added ability to ask about vampire hunters
* Added ability to speak to random vampire hunters (25 dialogues)
* Added ability to provide troops to vampire hunters with custom screen
KNIGHTS VS VAMPIRES (and demons) (3 features)
Want to start your own knightly order dedicated soley to destroying Vampires! well now you can. Also demons!
* Added ability to make knightly order a demon hunting order
* Added ability to make knightly order a vampire hunting order
* Added battle event for Knightly order vs Wild Vampires
BAIAA COUNCIL IMPROVED (18 features)
The Baiaa council made up of the 6 vampire clans was pretty boring before, now you can actually speak to them and navigate the council a lot easier.
* Added new screens with sfx to selling peasants to Baiaa
* Added ability to speak to Lamour (7 dialogues)
* Added ability to speak to Nasarak (7 dialogues)
* Added ability to speak to Thundil (7 dialogues)
* Added ability to speak to Damar (7 dialogues)
* Added ability to speak to Dengeir (7 dialogues)
* Added ability to speak to Nemak (7 dialogues)
* Fixed 2 missing word bugs in Baiaa council intro text
* Fixed 6 text bugs with Baiaa law view
* Fixed text bug with selling peasants to Baiaa
* Fixed incorrect figure shown when selling troops to Baiaa (credit Defender)
* Fixed 6 grammar bugs in selling troops to Baiaa
* Fixed linesplit bug in selling troops to Baiaa
* Fixed text bug with selling slaves to Baiaa
* Fixed incorrect figure shown when selling slaves troops to Baiaa (credit Defender)
* Fixed 6 grammar bugs in selling slaves to Baiaa
* Fixed linesplit bug in selling slaves to Baiaa
* Added new screens with sfx to selling slaves for Baiaa
THRONE ROOM ENCOUNTERS (8 features)
For some the throne room is the heart of your kingdom, well now when there are wild vampires ravaging your countryside you will hear about it through the throne room in many different ways!
* Added new throne room encounter 'Vampires everywhere!' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Pale beasts' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Please send the army' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Collecting wood' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
* Added new throne room encounter 'I killed a vampire' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Guard has been bitten' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
* Added new throne room encounter 'I killed a vampire (but it's really a gnome)' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
* Added new throne room encounter 'Soldier joining vamp hunters' (dynamic and more likely if more vampires)
VAMPIRE END OF TURN EVENTS (5 features)
At the moment the actions of the wild vampires are pretty subtle and can only be seen in the end of turn report lightly. Now for relevant enough events there are pop ups informing you better of what's going on.
* Added new end of turn pop up screen for vampire hunter group forming to face wild vampires
* Added new end of turn pop up screen for rare vampire sunburn event
* Fixed vampire sunburn event didn't actually take effect
* Added dynamic detection of if sunburn death destroys vampires for good if Baiaa is already gone
* Added new turn report indicators of individual types of new joiners to vampire hunting groups each turn (ie militamen, rebels, and bandits)
EVERYTHING OUTSIDE OF THE VAMPIRE UPDATE (67 features)
The second time this has happened with one of my split updates and totally not planned which is really tripping me out, but again there are exactly as many features in the non-vampire update as are in the vampire update.
ZEEF'S MYSTERY BOXES (6 features)
Now the last hut on the right in Uktak has a function, it's Zeefs mystery box hut. Here for 100 gold you can buy a mystery box containing a randomly generated artifact that could worth more or less than 100 gold. Beware though Zeef might be open for conversation but don't ask about his name!
* Added new location to Uktak village hut marked 'Z'
* Added new character 'Zeef' with 5 dialogues
* Added Zeef sells myster boxes containing random artifacts (2-15 per year) for 100 gold each
* Added special Zeef destroys boxes event
* Added various sound effects for Zeef
* Added destroying Uktak village means you gain some of the remaining boxes from Zeefs hut for free
SATYR UPDATE (2 features)
So we had a competition across reddit, steam, and discord to see who could make the best Ascii Satyr faces as Satyrs were the last race to not have a face, thanks to u/Aethyrsix it's done! With the concept face from Aethyrsix I've managed to make over 16 billion of them!
* Added Satyr face generation to the game (16,866,210,816 total)
* Added Satyr face generator to the extras generator menu
NEW LOOT (22 features)
With yet again more in-game systems using loot items I've added another 20!
* Fixed mummified text bug in random loot
* Modified some of the random loot prices
* Added new 'silk tapestry depicting a battle' Loot item (worth 150 gold)
* Added new 'rusty crown piece' Loot item (worth 45 gold)
* Added new 'large diamond' Loot item (worth 750 gold)
* Added new 'ancient rusty fork' Loot item (worth 45 gold)
* Added new 'shrunken gnome's head' Loot item (worth 70 gold)
* Added new 'silver goblet' Loot item (worth 25 gold)
* Added new 'battle of the two pits trophy' Loot item (worth 40 gold)
* Added new 'necklace made of human fingers' Loot item (worth 45 gold)
* Added new 'glowing green potion' Loot item (worth 50 gold)
* Added new 'glowing red potion' Loot item (worth 50 gold)
* Added new 'glowing blue potion' Loot item (worth 50 gold)
* Added new 'glowing purple potion' Loot item (worth 50 gold)
* Added new 'black sapphire' Loot item (worth 500 gold)
* Added new 'ornate silver mirror covered in gems' Loot item (worth 455 gold)
* Added new 'malachite skull' Loot item (worth 125 gold)
* Added new 'diamond encased human eye' Loot item (worth 650 gold)
* Added new 'statue of a four armed orc' Loot item (worth 75 gold)
* Added new 'statue of two gnomes fighting' Loot item (worth 55 gold)
* Added new 'statue of a headless knight' Loot item (worth 50 gold)
* Added new 'pile of blank scrolls' Loot item (worth 15 gold)
IMPASSIONED SPEECHES (3 features)
Just a little something I thought about adding to the throne room, a rare encounter where a random local will come to give you an impassioned speech about something!
* Added new throne room encounter 'Impassioned speech about the throne'
* Added new throne room encounter 'Impassioned speech about War'
* Added new throne room encounter 'Impassioned speech about the love of the people'
BANKING TWEAKS (3 features)
A little bit of work on the bank, the 10% interest rate has been reduced to 5x less and some other issues have been dealt with!
* Added new loan system (2% payback per year instead of 10% to stop crazy snowballed owed numbers in short periods of time)
* Added new text explaining dynamic bank interest rate (credit Crisphy)
* Added new text 'enter 0 if you no longer wish to take a loan out' in bank
GRO'LOK'S STUMP (2 features)
Thanks to everyone who is supporting Warsim at the moment on Patreon, the extra support is mindblowing and really helpful so thank you!
* Added new patron names to Gro'loks stump
* Rebuilt Gro'lok's stump into 4 sections
BUGFIXES (16 features)
Lots of bugs fixed across a variety of areas, mostly found from playtesting.
* Fixed throne room signs not functioning at all
* Fixed 2 giant canyon text bugs
* Fixed 11 text bugs in canyon intro screens
* Fixed 6 line spacing bugs in canyon intro screens
* Fixed rumours of your friendliness spread missing line
* Fixed missing line with innocent man arrested in court
* Fixed new ore found not having indicators
* Fixed throne room upgrades not indicating hosting a celeration
* Fixed asking advice in throne room changes the advisors face to another random one
* Fixed sudden death gamemaster in thickblood tavern text colour issue
* Fixed sudden death gamemaster in thickblood tavern exit pause bug
* Fixed artifact discovery text bug when exploring
* Fixed loan screen appearing showing you +0 gold in loans if you enter 0
* Fixed wagon man explore encounter auto spawned a second random explore encounter once done
* Fixed minus figure for years remaining being shown once you continue playing beyond a timed game
* Fixed hosting a tournament but not having the gold causes inf freeze (credit Dootmaster64)
EVERYTHING ELSE (13 features)
Quite a lot of stuff here, new features and a much cheaper trap door!
* Added new alternate version of bookrage and bookrages shop if market calm/chaos orb effect is in place (credit XxMeMe StormxX)
* Added new book 'notes of a formerly angry man' in bookrages calm effect bookshop (credit XxMeMe StormxX)
* Added public opinion 1 in 3 chance of dropping when sacrificing peasants (credit Bookrage)
* Rewrote upgrade text for road upgrades
* Added road upgrades increase throne room visitors (with gold roads increasing them by 25%) (credit Toasty)
* Added 'Moohmin' imp name (credit Nikiforos)
* Added 'Fitzroy' human name (credit Nikiforos)
* Added -20 gold indicator when losing in sudden death dice game
* Added missing kingdom defeated music for paying off the rebels to disband
* Added missing screen for trying to hire mercs for an attack when no attacks left
* Added short march sound effect to gaining group of demon fighting warriors throne room encounter
* Reduced cost of trap door to 1k instead of 20k
* Added gold figure shown when asking about buying the arena
Now that is a nice update. I have a question. How exactly do I find these vampires?
The Vampire city of Baiaa is hidden in the Drylands region of the South. It's the same region where the demon gate and the nomads are.
To get it you have to climb down the big red canyon by sending knights but without the climbing pick upgrade it's very hard.
Once found as long as you have at least 10 soldiers at your disposal you can open the door and find what's within. A giant vampire city, and the source of a new problem... the vampires who leave the sealed gates that you opened. But if that happens a counter force of vampire hunters will arise.
Thanks. I’ll go there right now. Also, what do you plan to do next?
Still working on the combat in the Background, I'm going to have a look at improving the end of turn screen to be less disorganised and random and more readable and breakdownable
I recently picked this game up after a few years and I'm loving the latest changes so far. Sadly though, I appear to have reached the end of my current game, which is a shame because I've gotten really attached to my nation and my six or seven vassals.
Throughout my run, I encountered a few gamebreaking things, but I'm not really sure they can be fixed in a way that makes sense. I've found that it's really easy to build up a ridiculously powerful champion that can dominate in the arena provided spiked pits are closed. Following that, all you need to do is bet the max amount every year and you're basically garenteed a fortune. Additionally, if you lose a ton of money in the arena beforehand, your betting max is increased, so I lost a million gold, bet a million on my champion in a grand tournament or w/e and then found myself with more money than I would ever need. I then purchased the troops from my allies and turned them into vassals.
Now I'm not really sure what to do. I was hoping the game would allow me to spawn an even more powerful nation like it did early in my game, but no such luck. I have yet to find the vampires or the demon gate though, so that may be something I should look into next.
Is there anything else I can do to continue my expansion? As ridiculous as my nation has become, i am enjoying watching all the numbers grow.
This post is all over the place, but I also had a suggestion. It would be cool if reputation with factions rose and fell as you messed with their allies. So let's say I'm allied with faction A and faction B attacks me. Unless Faction A and B have an alliance, faction A should lose regard for faction B and consider raiding faction B on my behalf. Also, should my vassal nations be attacking each other?
Thanks, and keep up the amazing work on this gem of a game!
what efects the vasalisation stats, like what i need to have to vassalize a kingdom, 10 more percent lands, 50 percent more units?
@Aaron77, Thanks for jumping into the game again, you raise a good point about the arena and it's something I need to look into further, one solution I have is injury... if a fighters health goes low in a fight they should risk injury which would be a permanent reduction in total health/strength. Enough of this and your champion is dead meat.
The game should allow you to spawn infinitely larger and more powerful RNG nations, this happens if at least one independent kingdom is dead and the other 4,3,2 or 1 are vassals or allies, or if all of them are dead. You then get an explore new lands option on the main screen unless you're playing a custom game and have disabled the feature.
The demons are the end game boss faction though so you should definitely look at dealing with them!
Definitely a good tip about factions, I need to work on diplomacy more in the future!
Thanks for your kind words and I hope you continue to enjoy the game!
@Omer, Lands are irrelevant, it's all Battlescore, so if you have 100 soldiers with 100 battlescore each, that's 10000 battlescore, now if your enemies total troops are only worth 2000 battlescore combined, you can attempt to vassalise them. The minimum requirement is having 5x the battlescore of your attempted vassal.
If you have 10x or 15x and beyond you get bonuses in odds of successfully vassalising them too
I see. As of now, all existing independent kingdoms are vassals of mine, so I guess I have to choose one to take out to spawn a new one? That makes me feel terrible!
As for the grand champion thing, your plan makes logical sense and is realistic, but wouldn't it basically defeat the purpose of holding grand tournaments? Since most of the combatants are so evenly matched later in the tournament, the victor will be far weaker than it started and finding powerful personal champions will become somewhat difficult.
On that note, is there an advantage to having all of your personal champion slots filled up? I can't find a use for them, other than running forts, but I can hire any old warrior with high strength to do that. I know you can send them out to battle, but I don't see how 6 champions can contribute meaningfully to your combat potential especially if you have members of more powerful races already in your army, e.g. demons.
It will make tournaments more of a risk but it doesn't mean they will be beaten each time by someone equal.
Champions are supposed to be your personal warriors who you can send to get things done.
* Lead fortresses
* Challenge a rival kingdom to become your vassal
* Fight the arena grand champion
* Fight in battle giving bonuses
* Several other things I've forgotten
But I'm going to make them much more valuable in the combat update as leaders are required to take an army, sending a skilled personal champion could be a great idea.
So, I am trying to open this door in the blackmarket, which mural should I go to first to get the numbers? I tried Yellow, then Red, but it wouldn't let me open the door.
Also, I heard something about a Necromancer's hall in this new update? Does this meen you can gget a hold of undead? I think that would be cool, have a nice meat shield unit, I use Slave soldiers now, but... Slave soldiers. Only reason I have the slaver fort still around is because I can't seem to change it into anything else.
Also, How does the Demon horn work? I activated it, but it has been like, 30 years or so and nothing has happened.
Hey so think of other ways to combine the murals
The necromancers hall spawns if the leader of the blackmarket is a necromancer (rare) and allows them to spawn the undead
Demon horn will send you some demons... after 100 years!
Hope all this helps
Generated in 0.173 seconds (7% PHP - 93% DB) with 9 queries