2020-01-14 00:45:02 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-01-14 02:41:57)

Has anyone actually tried rockbamd unplugged on psp? I cant seem to get past the tutorial. Are there any toggleable audio options to make the experience easier? I do like that the game does have a talking tutorial.

I'm going to give the loco roco series a try next. Seems simple enough.

I got digimon adventure but it was split into parts and I dont know how to combine them. Not asking for a rom, but I would be very grateful for blind tips on merging part.rar files. What I found on google doesn't seem to help.
Edit: its probably easier to apply a patch, so that's what I am doing instead.
Lastly, I have been inspired to make a completely legal guide on how to make the most of a playstation vita from a totally blind perspective to be posted in the articles room. This is going to be the first of such projects for me, so tips are welcome on what to include and such. If people have or are interested in getting an actual vita and want to help contribute tips or blind frequently asked questions for the article, that will be awesome. Probably should make a separate thread for this discussion but I'm not expecting too much feedback, so I will if it actually turns out to be a lot. Apologies.

2020-01-14 03:56:59

Kenshira. I recommend using 7zip or winrar for dealing with multi part archives. Assuming you have all of the parts you need only focus part 1 and do your standard extraction method.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-01-14 04:15:06

@52 Thanks. I'll remember that for next time. For the moment I was able to successfully apply the patch to the game, and it seems to work ok. I'm really impressed with the size of the game! Its almost enough to take up an entire umd.

Also started working on my project, and it's already off to a good start. The Vita really isnt quite retro yet, but it supports a lot of legacy software right out of the box, so I think it's worth mentioning.

2020-01-16 15:05:15

Hi.

At kenshira well I don't really know what the advantage of the vita is. I had one for a few years but the games library which was playable for blind people was puny at best.
Yeah ok you had your sf vs Tk, Mk 9, Injustice and UMVC 3, but no real other games as far as I know. Can the thing emulate a PSP or what do you mean by legacy software?

Regarding the github, I', putting together a list regarding the MLB the show games, will take a while though, not because the games are super complex to understand if you know Baseball, but because I don't really have any time on my hands these days.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-01-16 17:03:31 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-01-16 17:17:14)

It can do psp, ps1 and ps minis totally out of the box, so if you have any of that in your library on psn you can put most of them in easy.

The article is about 3/5 done, been working on it all week. There are quite a lot of playable games for the vita actually. I have all the ones you mentioned, in addition to about 50 other titles on my system not including collections. Nearly half of those games are Vita games, and there are still some big ones from the store that I need to get. Found one more just by looking at the articles room.

2020-01-16 18:00:38

Thanks, Simba, for contributing. You'll be the first, besides me. I know how it feels not having that much time, I've been meaning to redownload Soul Calibur, Broken Destiny and do a write-up on that too.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-01-18 18:03:53

Hi.

At Kenshira hmm, that's interesting to hear, I suppose the ps1 and psp games you mensioned are available on the PS Network or do you have to side load roms onto the device somehow? If you could put up a game list with the games you have  that would be awesome and possibly could convince me to repurchase an old PS Vita, I sold mine off because it was just catching dust and I didn't really play with it anymore.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-18 18:04:47

Hi.

at Devinprater yeah that's my problem, time currently.
I'm also abit struggling with github, might be due to me beeing tired, could I write down the info, send it to you via mail for example and you could put the stuff into the github repo?

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-18 19:32:14

I posted an comprehensive guide with a bunch of playable games on vita in the articles room. It has a lot of psp and ps1 games you can get from playstation network. You can find it at:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3234 … ble-games/

2020-01-18 21:46:59

Hi.

At Kenshira woops, didn't see that, I don't really check the articles room that often.

I quite like your list of games, I ahve to check again, but I found some games that I might like.
I'm not really a fan of those visual novels because listening to japanese text, holding a phone with my other hand and trying to read the text isn't really what I would want to do.
But, you made me think about searching my psp again, I flashed a custom firmware on it years ago and I still might have some games on that thing.
I would love if the psp had something like save states, but it sadly doesn't.

greetings Moritz.

2020-01-18 22:09:50

Yeah I'm waiting for muv-luv to drop in price or when I have enough before picking them up since I'd like to get em all in one go. After reading Hakuoki I need a little break lol.

Putting cfw on the vita is a pain right now, plus it's still current, so that's what my psp is for. And I always end up buying what I like if it's available on psn anyway, like tekken 6 and the snk arcade classics.

2020-01-18 22:30:28

@kenshira, if you don’t know, there is a spinoff titles from the neptunia games, i’m talking about these 2 games that is a beat-em-ups like samurai warriors 4. The first title is hyperdimension neptunia U action unleashed and the second title is megatag mention blanc + neptune VS zombies. The gameplay is divided to 2 parts, a visual novel where you read the dialog, and the good thing is this part is fully voice acting either in english or optionally, you can use the original japanese voices instead.
The second part, is where you battle enemies, which is presented as a brawler of some kind. You basically your only objective is to kill all enemies to advance the story. Areas of the games are generally small, but sometimes you can loose track of your enemies. Luckily, like in samurai warriors 4 games, there is a button to switch characters that will allow it to automatically move you in the right direction.
In between levels, you can access shops to buy new moves and accessories, set up abilities, and other things that I don’t know. Surprisingly, most menus are read out loud, the way the menu reads is like in the dragon budokai 3 and all the tenkaichi series. There some exceptions, like shops or character management, so you need a third party reading app to read those menus.
Both of these games is also available on steam, you can buy that too if you want.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-01-18 22:44:01

In hyper dimension Neptunia u action unleashed, do you have any tips for finding exits when all enemies have been cleared from an area? That seems to be my biggest challenge. Also can you change characters in that one as well, or just the second spinoff?

2020-01-19 01:04:41

I only tried the second game so far, so no idea about the first. Maybe I’ll give it a try someday

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2020-01-19 02:19:29

Yeah, that's the exact problem I ran into with that game sadly. Shame as it looks cool.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-01-19 02:28:55

Ok I went back to play the first game. Switching character with the down arrow then attempting to go forward gave me some success and I was able to make it past a couple chapters. When I'm sure we can beat the game without help, I'll update the list. The other problem I had was figuring how to save, but turns out all you have to do is press start and pick your save file.

2020-01-20 02:53:17

Simba, and anyone else, can absolutely send me content by mail or Email or Twitter or however you'd like. I'll even format it into Markdown for you. smile

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-01-20 04:15:17

Yeah, hyper dimension neptunia u action unleashed is still a headache to slog through. Nidhog seems playable though from reviews. Has anyone tried it?

Think I might add a section for games that require a stupid amount of patience and button memorization or aimless wandering to progress through..

2020-01-26 16:43:22

Hi all.
After reading the list of playable PS vita games, i’m curious with these 2 games.
There’s a game called demon gaze and dungeon travellers, which are both dungeon crawlers. How playable are these games? Is it like in unchained blades where if your character hits a wall you’ll hear a bumping sound?

2020-01-26 17:02:42

Yes, actually very similar. Unlike unchained blade though I think there are no quicktime events in either of those games.

Also have a bit of spending money now, so hopefully I can tackle some games on my wishlist to see if they're playable or not.

Also updated the list and added a changelog for frequent visitors to quickly reference mew updates.

2020-01-26 20:01:55

Since persona 4 dancing all night is on the list, could you also add persona 3 and 5 as well? The game is basically the same, but from what i’ve sceen the story mode is shorter than persona 4

2020-01-26 21:55:36

O yeah, I'll add them later.

2020-01-27 21:53:10

I have updated the vita guide with more content in all game sections.

2020-01-28 00:35:54

@kenshira, it seems that something related to undernight and arkana heart needs to be updated.
What I mean is, the developer of these games needs to be corrected. Arc system works published the game, however the game is developed by a different studio called french bread, who previously worked on melty blood actress series. Also, since the first hyperdimention neptunia beat-em-up is on the list, you should also add the second one. Although the gameplay is the same, however it has character switching.
Lastly, some spelling correction for disgaea infinite. The spelling is actually disgaea, not disgia.

2020-01-28 03:12:34

I dont think the second hyper dimension neptunia beat em up is on the vita, however, you are correct and those are oversights on my part and will be fixed in next update. Thanks.