2019-12-30 01:22:51

are there any turn based rpgs we could try that you can think of? 
I may have cheesed the Amon Hen level in tactics just now on a redo by buying and giving frodo a huge armor increase so he wouldn't get killed so quick.   big_smile

2019-12-30 01:31:01

hi how do you navagate the menu in blac desert

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2020-01-31 22:10:51

Has anyone played any of the sega rally games? I just saw gameplay for the gva and psp games, and the audio really reminds me of the top speed series but more hectic. They give you turn by turn instructions, and I'm almost sorry I didn't pay it any attention. I'm tempted to try and find one of the sega rally games to give it a spin, and just wanted to know if anyone else had tried any in the series yet.

2020-02-01 02:47:23

I think I tried the saturn one a long time ago but never really had luck with it.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-02-01 04:04:28

I tried the PSP ones, however it’s reallly hard. Although the navigator give you turn by turn instructions or in later games, it will tell you what kind of terrain that the car is in, you’ll still got a very big chance on crashing in to walls or to other cars, that is if you managed to get close to it by it’s stereo sound.
Tried it also on the arcade back then, it’s pretty much impossible.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-02-01 05:28:41

Hmm ok, guess it's still f1 race for gb when it comes to playable retro mainstream racers then.

I had a lot of time to spend in hyper dimension neptunia u: action unleashed, and its definitely playable, just requires a little more time and patience than it demands of the average sighted player. It's hard because you're moving in a 3d environment, so up means forward, and side is to turn and um guessing that back is to voutface. So there's a good chance you'll be walking forward in the wrong direction, so it takes a lot of turning and walking forward to find the right way to progress. Then there is the problem of the survival stages, since you need to grab every last item after killing the last enemy to clear the stage, and who knows how long you'll be wandering around till you find it, but at least the stages are small. I wonder if the sequel has this problem as well? I have some psn money now, so will pick that up in a bit.

I will update the vita guide with more stuff come monday.

2020-02-01 07:11:49

played more with sega rally revo for the PSP, it seams the game is playable if you memmorize the track and listen carefully to the navigator. I'm trying to complete the first 3 challenges in championship mode, which is quite hard especially the third one.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2020-02-01 07:34:59

Yeah, I had to memorize the track in the old gameboy game, and wiggle the d-pad left and right to find the next turn, and reset the game a lot, but man was it satisfying when I finally came in first.

I have 10 bucks left in psn money, not sure what I feel like getting with it right now.

2020-02-01 18:03:02

Hmm, I listened to some game play videos, the question though is how far is an easy curve, a medium one and so on, I'll pick up a rom sooner or later and chec it out.

Did people actually have any further progress with black dezerd?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-02-01 19:05:54

It’s hard to tell how far the curves are due to a lack of stereo panning on the car that you’re driving. Sometimes, the navigator says something like long easy right or very long medium left, so you have to turn the car in the right time otherwise you’ll collide to the left or the right edge of the track, which you can hear it in stereo.
Also i’m wondering, did anyone tried all the games from danganronpa and the zero escape series? I’m curious how far we can play those games, especially at class trials in danganronpa or escape sections in zero escape

2020-02-01 19:15:25

My brother bought danganronpa the first game on the vita. Think he might have zero escape as well. I can look into them after this next update is finished. I think that both games might have adventure and puzzle elements that might make them difficult, though.

2020-02-02 00:25:47

@kenshira let us know if you tried those games.
Side note: in danganronpa, a lot of the dialogs are not fully voiced, except in class trials segments. So for that you need to have OCR if you play the PC version through steam, or recogniser app on your phone if you play the vita or the PS4 version.

2020-02-02 07:57:10

I haven't been able to play black desert in like over a month cause of lack of internet and so on, but hopefully I can get back into it over the next few weeks, I want to try out a few things, but I am still at the same place I was before where I have to use a summoning scroll to continue.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2020-02-02 09:59:20

I've tried Black desert online on STeam and I can say it is not playable. Everytime you want to use a gamepad you need to enable it in options when you start a game so only mouse support. When you have gamepad enabled the menus works works like a mouse where you have a cursor. During game it is actually weird as there's no autonav to the targets etc and there's just autorun button and you still need to guide your character.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-02-03 23:12:51

I have updated the vita guide and list of playable games in the articles room.

2020-02-04 03:20:12

Anyone else tried all the games from the senran kagura series? I heard most of the game is a side-scrolling beat-em-up, and there is also a third person shooter and a visual novel

2020-02-04 16:13:49

My brother says that the one he has on ps4 plays much like megatagmension, but only has Japanese voice acting.

2020-02-04 18:49:12

Sadly, all the games from senran kagura is never dubbed in to english. However if the story text is not auto scrolling, it might be possible to use OCR for it.

2020-02-05 00:23:06

Ugh I'm stuck in a part in megatagmension just after ram and rom play the part of baby zombies. In this stage, I need to head towards the boss after clearing the enemies, but cant find the way. Sadly the characters that you dont use do not operate independently of you, so switching them out does nothing to help.

2020-02-05 01:24:01

If it wasn't mentioned already, if you want a turn based nation simulator, try the empire sirees. It has Africa, Asia, Latin European and world empires. Its a bit lacking, but I like it.b

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-02-05 12:01:23

You can play dragon ball fighterz, but not the storrymode. The online battles is the best

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-02-05 12:41:54

Is the text in senran kagura autoscrolling? Hmm, I am not sure about that. Need to check it out as my wive told me the stages are small and basically there's no exploration etc.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-02-05 15:22:54

Dragon ball fighterz story is doable especially if you have ocr.

I will ask my  brother about senran kagura's text.

2020-02-05 15:32:17

It really isn't, because of the way the map works. You can move inbetween the same squares over and over wasting your limited turns. So unless you have a guide you're not really getting much of anywhere. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I do own the game and it's really not doable in my experience.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-02-05 16:47:12

What about with ocr? Cant you check if it's a square you've been to before?