2019-07-20 15:43:40 (edited by RTT entertainment 2019-07-20 15:45:52)

Truthfully, I haven’t even gotten very far in the game. I really wish this game was playable on a mobile device. The reason I asked about exclusive files is because there are so many of them. I have an idea for the game. Why not allow us to generate monsters from CDs as well? Instead of buying the monsters, we should be allowed to put  CDs or DVDs into our CD drive (if we have one)  and allow the game to generate them like that. Not that I have any problems with the system, I just think it would be easier than looking through files. I think they should still keep the old system in place though. Maybe it could be addition for version 2.0.  DVDs can also be used. Also, what defines what type of monsters you’re going to get? Does the game even use the actual file for anything? Do you think we could please also have a traditional Brows dialogue when selecting a file? There are certain audio files I would like to use, but I can’t seem to access my documents folder or downloads folder using the current system.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-07-20 15:53:28

I have released 1.25. In this version, we will try to restore the year rewritten in 1.23 from "Growth History".

> 793
In V1.23, there was a bug that rewrites the year. This was a problem that advanced the surrounding year for about 20 years without changing the age of the monster.

> 794
The condition in which a monster reaches its end of life in 2 years and 5 months is a phenomenon caused by fatigue, stress, or some items.

> 795
I succeeded in reproducing the bug that BGM does not change in Jim. And that has been fixed.

> 797
"Unknown" is one of the gender types. This is mainly created by using "slime" or "magical doll".
The effect of "Wonder nut" is random. It mainly changes "Friendship" but may not be reflected in the display.
In version 1.26 or later, I want to be able to display the "Friendship" numbers. This is because it is a value that could be confirmed in the "Monster Farm Series".

> 798
When starting a new game, there were cases where the initial settings for training equipment were not set correctly. At 1.25, this problem has been fixed.

2019-07-20 15:59:14

Thank you so much.

2019-07-20 16:25:48

I have found another very important bug. Now, I am not able to navigate the main menu. The language settings don’t seem to have saved beyond the first couple of lines. Whenever I try to navigate the menu even with the English language selected, I still get Japanese text.

2019-07-20 17:06:05

Bug confirmed.
It's not just the main menu either.
It seems all menus won't translate.
Yes/no prompts will, and all other diologue seems to be working fine.
Please fix bug soon?
Later!

2019-07-20 17:46:43

Please fix this as soon as possible? Now the game is virtually unplayable.  No pressure, take your time.

2019-07-20 18:03:54

How can you fix something as soon as possible and still take your time with no pressure? It is like trying to swim and walk and fly at the same time. Please be reasonable as morakuma is trying hard to address everyone's issues.

2019-07-20 18:13:56

RTT:
Personally I consider the idea of creating monsters from our own files very original, and also very interesting, for I can never know, not even predict what type of monster I will get from them.
So it's this "secret in the box" effect what makes this monster creation way so unique.

I am not against your idea, other ways could also be added to create monsters, but this current one should definitely remain functional, at least if you ask me.
smile

2019-07-20 18:33:54 (edited by Caccio72 2019-07-20 18:39:18)

Wowww, Morokuma, you are a genius!

You even managed to fix that instant 20 years of carreer issue I reported, now my saved game runs just as fine as before!

Many, many thanks man, if I will still encounter some further problems, I shall report them here right away!

Also thanks for answering my latest questions.

(if only all game developers I had/have contact with would be this helpful...)

2019-07-20 18:41:55

Hi!
There is another strange thing. Status isn't translated of monster, is in Japanese. I think It, because It shows me some strange things.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-07-20 19:15:31

I even tried JGT as a work-around, but it sadly doesn't work.
One thing the monster rancher games did with regard to creating monsters was letting the player use the monster collection data to summon monsters they'd already raised before.
This could be a vary easy thing to do in this game to, as the monster dictionary already recordes what monsters you already have.
Later!

2019-07-20 19:33:04

Well that may be an issue when you start a new game, I haven't encountered any missing translation, got a single line in (probably) japanese after I continued my saved game, and the announcement of my problem to be solved, but after it everything runs in english for me, just like before.

Now a question regarding the chat server or chatroom for the game:

If I remember correctly, someone here mentioned he has already created one in Team Talk.

However, I never used that way of communicating yet, so can someone of you please instruct me how to do it?

Do I have to download and install something, a program or software maybe, then how to connect to Team Talk itself, and then a link again to the channel for Breed Memorial?
Oh, and do I need an invite to join it, like in the case of Discord?
(if so, please do send me one)

2019-07-20 20:37:07

Actually I appologize, there still is a translation related bug, at least in my case, by the start of each turn the current condition of my monster is written in japanese.
(so I guess it's an important one, since I cannot figure out how tired he got, I have to check it out in monster stats each turn)

2019-07-20 22:22:56

The merged public translation dictionary (GoogleSpreadSheet) was broken. That was the reason that prevented the translation of the storyline.

2019-07-20 22:57:12

lol my ghost monster had died. hahahahaha.
A ghost that die?

2019-07-21 05:26:58 (edited by Caccio72 2019-07-21 05:28:56)

Yeah, now in this latest version everything seems to work just fine again, thanks Morokuma!

2019-07-21 15:43:48

Hi!
I have a question. Please, how is It with fan letters? Because I think, that for example after colloseum competition there don't go letters, but for example after marathon yes.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-07-21 17:07:11 (edited by Caccio72 2019-07-21 17:09:11)

Giovani:

Personally I don't think those fan letters have any influence, or make any impact to the game, or at least I haven't noticed any so far, they probably only serve as mere congratulations for your more noteworthy achievements, successes, or general progress...but sure, this will yet have to be confirmed by other, more experienced Breed Memorial players.

2019-07-21 17:11:07

Yeah it's just for flavor.

2019-07-22 00:42:30

And it happens more or less randomly. I've gotten more fanmail from Colosseum matches than anything else, actually.

2019-07-24 16:08:54

Hi. Is the public translation actually being edited? Also, here are a couple of new features. I know this one may be hard, but do you think you could please put introductions to all the contests? I love it when the monsters are introduced. Also, do you think you could please add  amenities  to your farm? I’m not talking about training equipment, I’m talking about things that your monster can play with.  Also, what about a cart racing mini game? I like the idea of being able to put your monsters into go-karts and have races. I know these are big features, but I thought I would just put them here.

2019-07-24 19:24:25

RTT entertainment wrote:

[...] do you think you could please put introductions to all the contests? I love it when the monsters are introduced. [...]

So please if you do so make it finally possible to skip that cutscene. It is pretty cool the first couple times but gets awfully obnoxious once in the two-digits range you have to sit through it. And if you need to do so for every single competition at least I couldn't enjoy BM anymore.
After all it gets quite grindy after a while and if you always have to wait idely for over a minute for certain grind activities it totally destroys the flow.

Like the other flavour suggestions though. Could lead into BM beeing a mini-game collection instead of a standalone game though.

2019-07-24 20:13:45

I'm not a huge fan of those suggestions. I'd like to see an expansion of the adventure mode, and if more types of competitions were added, I think that would be really cool too. However, a kart game would make the game a little too cartoony for me and I really don't want that.

Here are a few things I would like to see though as possible new park games or competitions.

1. dancing: this would sort of be like a dance dance revolution thing or a rhythm game, stats would affect the general difficulty of the game for the human players and also different notes and such would get various point bonuses, not only on timing, but how skilled a monster is in various areas.
Monster says: a park game where it is basically simon says, a sound signal directs you to push a button or something with a slightly different sound when it is a fake. You get more points if you last longer.
step-by-step: this would probably work best as a park game. The monster indicates a step or movement the trainer is to make, and the sequence of motions gets longer and longer either until the monster makes a mistake or you do or alternatively, you are just rewarded for how long you can keep the series going.
Jobs: The very first monster rancher had these, which Morikuma calls "monster farm" as that is what it was released as in other countries. These were light training exercises that also got you money. Generally a monster was only good at doing one or two of them, but they were a nice touch.
tag-team-events: Monster rancher 4 and later had multi-monster events where you either could have multiple monsters or you played with computer allies. The Marathon, Flag race, and Coloseum would be perfect for this. The contest mode would take more effort but even there I have a suggestion. In monster Rancher 2, you sometimes with the aid of Coltia your assistant from that game would have ocassional battles in your own monster breeding association with the monster breeding association from the first game where you sometimes fought againt Holly, the assistant from the very first game (star of the crappy anime and also assistant for the player in some later games as well.) So you guys could have battles against associations of breeders from other regions.

Monster Rancher 3: while largely terrible, also had regions and you could actually train in different areas in the game, which provided their own training methods, NPC neighbors to challenge, and even bits of story.

Monster rancher 4 and 5 introduced the concept of collecting things in the dungeons and actually using them to invent your own equipment. Basically in monster rancher 4 you could find tablets in the ruins and if you took them to a guy who came around your place every now and then, he could give you access to very special training equipment you couldn't just buy. In monster rancher 5 (more correctly known as monster rancher EVO) the game didn't have monster battling tournaments really at all and the entire game was dungeon crawling as you traveled with your monsters and trained them while performing in a circus with them. That game wasn't a good entry in the series either however in that one, you had to not only find the tablets (basically blueprints) for the special equipment, but you had to find the items to build it with in the dungeons as well. All the items in that game were circus or magic acts, but still my point remains.

I'd love ot have to really work for special training equipment or see the imaginary world enlarged.

2019-07-24 21:21:35

Hi. I understand what you mean. There could be an option in the settings menu to turn off introductions. Alternatively, there could be a shortcut that allows you to hold in the enter key to quickly skip the intro. The reason I suggested the mini games is to give you something to do to fill in the gap‘s. I’m talking about when you just start the game.  Before your monster is allowed to do much of anything. Training in the beginning is a bit slow. Also, I have an idea for the multiplayer game. Why not allow us to create our own servers? Similar to TopSpeed three? Or, just let us play over the network.  Anyway, the game is perfectly fine as it is. I like the small details that were implemented.

2019-07-25 03:04:59

A suggestion for a small correction:

Personally I think that so called "old age" period is starting a bit too early for our monsters, that's the period when training becomes less efficient btw.

Don't know if it's the same for all monsters, but for mine it started only a few monts after his 3rd year, which is only the 3/5th of its normal lifetime.

I suggest this "old age", along with its effects, to start from the 4th age of our monsters for example.
After all it is the last "normal" age of our monster's lifetime.

Of course if more experienced players, or Morokuma thinks this would harm the game balance, or is unrealistic, then ignore this suggestion please.