2019-05-08 13:33:08

Hey all!
Yesterday i found a new incremental game, called evolve.
It is relatively new, was posted on reddit about 2 3 days ago.
It is a game, where you evolve, starting from protoplasm, and you can evolve in to the three evolutionary forks, like animals, plants and mushrooms.
After you evolve from protoplasm you start your own settlement, do researches, battle things and stuff. After you finish your settlement, there's a space part coming in. This gamre is still in developement, the developer is pritty active. Last update was released today. The main thing is, the layout of this game is somewhat inconvenient. Like you have to do mousovers to know what a thing does, and what it costs, like it was in trimps.
The game is very good, and maybe we all can contact a dev via reddit or something, and maybe we can invite him here so he can do accessability updates on the game if he wants to?
Find the game here.
https://pmotschmann.github.io/Evolve/
And the subreddit of this game can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EvolveIdle/
I've been playing this thing and i like it a lot, the main thing is the layout which can be improoved like it is in trimps.
Your opinions?

flawless victory!

2019-05-08 14:47:21

Had a quick look at this but yeah,the layout needs some fixes, especially since you don't even get told "clickable" about what resources you have to go around. Its a potentially fascinating idea, especially for me who loves bio chemistry, but at the moment its a miner pest to play.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

2019-05-08 15:27:06

actually it's not that bad, but it could be way more easier and better.

flawless victory!

2019-05-08 21:07:08

Finally, a game like this. I have been waiting for something similar for a while now, and I'm glad that this is actually under active development unlike the other civ building clickers.

Bar, bar, bar...
Bar is my name and to go bar is my aim...
Sometimes I'll go "Bad bar",
But in the end its always bar, ahem beer, ahem bar! beer bar!

Thumbs up

2019-05-08 22:12:42

@4, yeah same. The only sad thing is that it is a bit clunky and too damn sloooooow. It is really, just, slow. Like, arg. It would be good if we can get a dev on this forum and ask him about changing interface a bit?

flawless victory!

2019-05-09 14:26:55

For those who have a reddit account, could we try contacting the dev via reddit? I unfortunately don't have such an account yet.

Thumbs up

2019-05-09 17:54:00

It doesn't have a thing to do with biochemistry once you choose the path you want to  evolve along, but that's another thing. The reset button doesn't show up, which is a bigger problem.

I wish I was born as a synthesizer, so you could push the buttons and pull the nobs
Icemaster - the cold throat singer and keyboardist

2019-05-10 17:33:40

It sometimes show, but only sometimes with playing with enable reset buttom in settings.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up

2019-05-13 06:38:40

Also, I have contacted dev, because of multiplification keys issues.
There is also another option, Github. So, We can post issues too.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up +1

Yesterday 11:57:57

So the dev has been unrestricted, and i hope the accessability will be improved. Currently i stopped playing not cause of accessability issues(there's almost none), but cause the game is to waaay slow for my liking.
Like you work hard and wait much time to get only +2 max citizans? this really makes me bored and i really don't have any patience or motivation to play a game cause it's tooo slow. I'm sorry if this was harsh, but yeah, it is what it is.

flawless victory!