2019-07-29 13:17:23

ok. I click the 1% button, and see that the percentage above that button went up by 1%. I clicked it till it reached 5% before that buttons and all others did nothing. which resources does this project use?

also, I understand that I can export this game to play on another computer, but when I went to settings, export game, a text field came up with a long string of seemingly random characters and numbers, I can't seem to find a button that lets me browse to a folder in which I can save the game in? what am I missing here?

the reset buttons also did not show up after I check the box for show reset buttons.

2019-07-29 16:05:08

Export copies your save string to your clipboard (it also displays it in that text box). You can just paste it into a text file to save it or directly into another browser. To import paste the string in the text box and hit import.

You have to reach 100% to complete an ARPA project before it will do anything, sorry ARPA is just another thing that needs some accessibility love.

2019-07-30 18:10:13

thanks for your detailed explanation!

i'm now trying to upgrade my arpa projects as I have not enough knowledge/money cap to proceed with some of the upgrades for the bio lab/university/wardenclyff, I guess u know what I mean. thing is, I don't really know which are the resources needed for each of the projects, e.g. if I want to upgrade stock exchange, what are the things I should focus on making? sometimes when I press space on a percentage button, the project percentage actually moves, but most often it does nothing. I kind of figured that to upgrade the super collider, I need polymers (please correct me if I am wrong), but I can't really figure out what the other projects require?

thanks, and keep up the great work!

2019-07-30 22:40:30 (edited by Demagorddon 2019-07-30 22:42:46)

These are the four arpa projects and their resource requirements.

Supercollider: Money, Knowledge, Copper, Cement, Steel, Titanium, Polymer.
Stock Exchange: Money, Plywood, Brick, Wrought Iron.
Launch Facility: Money, Knowledge, Cement, Oil, Sheet Metal, Alloy.
Monuments: Only one of the following depending on the monument type: Stone, Aluminium, Cement, or Steel.

Monuments are randomly selected between Obelisk, Statue, Sculpture, or Monolith and the specific type determines the material used to construct it.

Obelisk: Stone
Statue: Aluminium
Sculpture: Steel
Monolith: Cement

Additionally you can only build one launch facility, whereas the other projects you can build as many as you want for stacking benefits. Constructing the launch facility will open the space tab.

2019-07-31 00:45:51

thank u so much. sorry for the many questions!

hopefully the space tab will be accessible soon!

any of u finish a full run of this game yet? I understand that I can actually arm missiles and end the game to receive some rewards, but I was thinking since this is my first playthrough I will hold off on reseting the game before  finishing all possible upgrades there is to offer.

2019-07-31 01:10:52

MAD (Mutual assured destruction) is actually the midway point, it's the first of two resets currently available; the other one is late in space.

It's recommended as this is your first run that you use MAD as soon as you can and start a second run, but this is not required if you don't want to.

One of my players recently wrote a game guide which you might be interested in reading:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hIn … 2dA4JhtuM/

2019-07-31 16:39:55

great guide! thing is, I have already finish lvl 3 of the supercollider, but I am still only at 4 plasmids. I have mutated the jean 3 times at least, and from what I understand, each multation gives 1 plasmid, and some jeans. the guide mentions that u should reset at about 100 plasmids, it seems like it's going to take quite a while more for me to get to that amount of plasmids. what am I missing here?

also, if I decide not to reset yet and launch in to space, is that area accessible yet?

2019-07-31 20:00:01

You misunderstand the guide, the point to resetting is that you gain massive amounts of plasmids for it. Somewhere around 100-120 is the goal to gain from a reset.

You'll never get that many from gene mutations, those are only a minor bonus.

2019-08-01 00:42:20

oh I see!

any idea if the space part is accessible yet?

2019-08-01 05:08:24

Space might have some issues that need to be addressed but in general it should be accessible.

2019-08-01 05:19:28

@84 don't worry, it's purfectly accessible.

2019-08-01 18:30:31

Hi,
I'm a new player here, I'm not able to play at all.
I'm just getting what seems to be some javascript.
{{ race.species | planet }}
Year {{ city.calendar.year }} Day {{ city.calendar.day }}
with no way to progress. It's not even showing anything in the message queue. It is showing headings and stuff though.

2019-08-01 18:59:05

@87

The game has only been tested in FireFox and Chrome, if you are using an older browser like IE or an outdated version of FF/Chrome it is not supported.

2019-08-01 23:39:45

Hi,
Aah, thanks. I just tried it in chrome and it works, but not my portable version of Firefox.

2019-08-03 21:20:29

Hi,
The game is quite good, but I have a few questions:
1. I researched and now I can have crates, but I do not know where I can build them, because I always have 0 of 10 Crates
2. I want to make steel, but my smeltery Needs fuel and I don't have it. where can I get it?

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-08-04 03:39:56

hi just click the plus button of the resource u want to increase the storage for and then at the bottom of the page u will find extra buttons for u to construct the crates using ply wood and u can then assign the crate to that resource which will add to your storage for that resource.

as for steel u will need to research the crucible steel project, or if u can't yet, u will have to buy them from market. once u researched crucible steel, u can then smelt steel from the smelter options.

2019-08-04 15:21:24

how can I Access the smelter Options?

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-08-05 15:43:15

There is a special button on the smelter that opens a menu with smelter options, looking at it now it's lacking a button role attribute so you might be having trouble locating it. It does however have title text that says "Smelter Options".

I'll add a proper role attribute to it later tonight.

2019-08-07 20:48:55

@92 I added a role = button attribute to this in 0.4.38 btw, hopefully that solved your problem.

2019-08-07 22:27:43

i have another question. Has anyone got the multiplier keys to work with nvda. So far i don't know how to use them.

Who am I? Simply me!

2019-08-07 23:04:38

@95 my own testing has shown that NVDA prevents them from working; I'm not yet sure how to solve this but providing an accessible alternative is on my list of issues to resolve.

2019-08-27 12:56:42

Definitely love this game, thanks again for the constant accessibility support. Since two or three updates though, it seems food production has becomed much harder, i can't manage to let my population evolve because i'm always starving. Before, until iron age, 5 or 10 farmers were enough, but now, i must place 20, 25, 30, then 35 farmers if i want to survive, it is so impossible to play. Is there a new feature i'm missing ? Thanks.

2019-08-29 16:07:44

@97 Nothing has changed with the food supply recently. Maybe it's something with the race your playing as? Do you have any challenge modes enabled?

2019-08-29 17:30:49

Shroomi, i've choosed one or two challenges, maybe it is the reason... Ok sorry for the question. And keep up the good work

2019-09-18 03:40:28

i got a few questions.
First, can we get a sound for events? I as a blind player miss the screen reader announcing the event logs.
2, can we get the options for soldiers advantage or disadvantage more accessible?
how do I work with the gene mutation? I dont see how to use gene anything?
where does the uranium go? I looked everywhere and did not find the uranium storage  in my civilization button.