2019-06-28 13:32:53

It is only me, or the add/ remove workers aren't working as expected?

For instance, in the civics tab, when I press "add farmer" it actually substracts farmers, and when I press "remove farmer" nothing changes.

Using Jaws 2018 with Google Chrome.

Perfection is never easy. But after more than 21 years...
...I got the hand of it.
Sorin Ţaţa
Produse pentru nevăzători

2019-06-28 14:38:54

where is the reset button?

2019-06-28 15:00:46

@Demagorddon thanks for the fixes that is awesome.
I unfortunately left my game on my desktop, and won't be back until Sunday, I also didn't do  anything intelligent like save the game as a text file so I'll have to wait to play, since I'd rather continue from where I was than start again on a different machine, still thanks a lot for the fix I look forward to seeing where things are going.

@masackru, To add farmers just use the "add farmer" button, however obviously you need unemployed population to add first. check the top of the civics tab and it'll list how many unemployed people you have.
You can get more people by building dwellings for your species, or getting the farm houses research and then building farms.

Note that though you can ahve as many farmers or stone masons as you like, other jobs need a certain number of work buildings, EG you can  employ two miners for each mine you build, and one professor for each university.

Btw, I'm not sure at the moment whether its better for your food/stone output to build more farms/stone quarries, or employ more farmers/stone workers, I'm not sure if this info is listed anywhere in the game since I checked mouseovers for both stone quarries and farms and didn't find an answer so any info appreciated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-28 23:09:44 (edited by Demagorddon 2019-06-28 23:12:14)

@28 you're welcome, i'll continue to keep working on accessibility along side other updates. It should slowly improve more over time.

I've discovered there is an issue with the reset button related to using space bar to toggle the show/hide switch instead of actually clicking on it. This is causing a JavaScript event not to fire correctly, i'll get this fixed soon but for now if you want to reset that's why it is not showing up. If you use enter instead of space bar it does trigger correctly.

2019-06-29 08:45:42

SkyLord wrote:

Hello @Demagorddon,
I'm very, very glad that you are writing here!
Well, first off, i'll try to give an accessibility feedback and i hope it will be useful.
1. I'm using NVDA.
2. Headings for each resource would be very helpful. For example:
heading level 1 $
113.2K / 113.2K
23.84 /s
Heading level 1 (the name of your race.
Etc.
That would help navigating resources of the game.
2. I guess you have weather on pictures, right?
It would be super helpful if you could display a text information on weather.
3. Tooltips. To check the price of an item, or the descryption of an item, you need to mouseover the item. The trimps developer somehow made buttons next to the item, and instead of mouseover you press this button, and it auto speaks the item info. I don't know nor html, nor javascript so i can't tell you how he made this.
4. Headings again
You also should make a heading with the name of the tab you are in now, cause that again would make navigation more comfortable. The heading should be below the tab list and resource list.
5. Evolution flowchart.
When i went to the evolve wiki, i found out that there is an evolution flowchart so you could control the process of your evolution, but to my disappointment it was inaccessible. The screen reader just reads it out like graphic evolution flowchart and that's all. It would be cool if you'd make the html file with a table or something like this to navigate the evolution paths so we too could choose what we'll be evolving in to.
6. Action multiplification. Sighted could hold ctrl, shift or alt to multiply an action and press the left mouse button to confirm, while we can't do this. The way you did the market multiplification is pritty accessible, btw.
I think that's all i found out for now. Keep up your great work!

I agree with this flowchart to make It accessible, or just create page with accessible version for the blind.
But not, like graphics, just like normal table element.
I am very happy too, that main developer of this game is finally here.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-06-30 02:54:04

New in 0.4.17 are the addition of H tags, hopefully this will help improve navigation.

2019-06-30 12:04:04

your awesome!

2019-06-30 19:02:21 (edited by Dark 2019-06-30 20:03:22)

Hi.
Wow yee gods I'm seeing some awesome fixes, I like the weather fix and the headings are great, especially on the various resources both in the kew and in the market, also great job with the alerts.

You might consider making the tab navigation a level 1 heading so that its possible to switch tabs, then keep race info, resources etc level 2 headings and the actual resources level 3, just so that a player can get to the nav info quickly.
I'm also loving the alerts in the message log which are instantly read (nice to know when another city attacks me), however you might also consider adding alerts with a togglable setting for when a resource is full, since its not always possible for the player to check all resources constantly whilst waiting for one to fill up, actually I've found myself using the market more than I expected to, so I'm usually trading off one resource or another.

~Edit: Okay speaking of trading I've just constructed the freight yard. Luckily NvdA reports "clickable" when I go to the freight yard, unluckily there are some unlabeled buttons there, and while I've constructed a crate of food I don't seem to be able to do anything with it, so it might be handy if they got labels please, though of course since like a dummy I assumed the containerisation research actually increased storage capacity, so bought it before I got trade routes, its entirely possible I'm just missing what these are for, or that extra buttons get added to the interface when I have that research.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-01 13:59:32

Containerization does increase storage capacity, but probably not in the traditional way you assume it does. It unlocks a modular storage system. You build crates/containers and then assign them to whatever resource you want to increase the capacity of. The UI for this system probably still needs some accessibility improvements so it might seem a bit confusing,

Freight Yards increase your maximum crate capacity, container ports (unlocked later) increase your container capacity. Containers are just better crates.

2019-07-02 11:36:37

But, what is in this flow chart?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-07-02 11:49:11 (edited by omer 2019-07-02 12:00:59)

crate ui looks fine for me but fiew buttons needs labeling yeah
for example the far top of the one, that quits the screen has not labled

2019-07-02 13:52:34 (edited by Dark 2019-07-02 13:55:21)

I'm afraid I'm really not getting how crates worked, I assumed they'd let you sell more of a given resource, but it seems even when I build  and assign them not a lot is happening, and I can't sell them even though they list the sell prices.
Perhaps this is a case where the columns on the UI make the system harder to understand.

As it is, I really wish there was an x1000 button in the market since I keep having to hammer the sell button as my basic resources increase faster than I can sell them while I'm waiting for more advanced resources like knowledge to progress in the game.

Also, at this stage with the screen getting more cluttered the mouseovers are becoming more of an issue, indeed sometimes they're not accessible at all which is a pest when I want to check prices for things and whether I need more resources.

Other than that I'm enjoying the progression and seeing what gets unlocked next, oh, and thanks again for the fixes so far.

2019-07-02 14:05:20

dark, in the later of the game, there is a research that lets you sell 1k 2k resources at a time

2019-07-03 16:34:30

Well, i think now the thing that only remains is button tooltips instead of mouseovers, and i believe it will be the hardest thing to do.
Thank you for your hard work demagorddon!

2019-07-03 16:57:24

Well like a complete dummy I went and ran  C cleaner before  remembering to make the cookie for Evolve an exclusion, which means all of my progress goes bye bye.
That is quite annoying, but never mind, at least now I can hopefully see what some of the other evolutionary routes look like.

Btw, I'll be interested to see if the game has an ascension system.

2019-07-03 17:23:03

Hello everyone, and thank you Demagorddon for your work on accessibility. Evolve is kinda addictive big_smile, does someone can explane me, if it is possible, how we can view the price of a building/research ? Thanks

2019-07-03 17:54:50

@edern at this point there is only one way to view prices and information, that is with the mouseover, IE hovering your mouse over something and reading the text that appears.

In NVdA you can do this with hitting nvdA numbpad slash then reading the text at the bottom but it is not  relyable, so hopefully we'll get a better method soon.

2019-07-03 18:45:08

thanks Dark.

2019-07-05 09:19:02 (edited by Jitel 2019-07-05 09:24:17)

Greetings to all.
First of all, I would like to thank @Demagorddon for creating this great game. I am glad that you work with accessibility, which allows me to enjoy the game for several days already.
However, I have a question related to A.R.P.A projects. Unfortunately, I was in no way able to access the information, how many resources needed to improve the project a certain level. While I have to improve them on the guess, hoping that the increase will occur. But it would be great to have a way to check the requirements.
Thanks in advance to someone who has any solution to this issue, and good luck to all.

My discord
Jitel#3538

2019-07-05 10:50:23

you gotta use mouse overs
use nvda shift m on the text to see them

2019-07-05 12:02:27

first of all, just, wow!
second, ok, probably it's me being an idiot and don't seeing the obvious but... I have like, 4 smelters, and there in the description it says they can be used to increase iron yeld by 10 percent or fusing iron and coal to get steel. I have iron and coal, of course, so how do I tell it to start producing steel?

Keep calm, and call the doctor.

2019-07-05 12:04:34

@omer Did you use this method yourself, precisely in the interface of A.R.P.A projects? If yes, then I do not know how you could see the requirements. You can see the information about the project, this is true, But I can not check the requirements in this way.

My discord
Jitel#3538

2019-07-13 16:59:26

New in update 0.4.27 are special action description buttons for screen readers. This should help with the issue of reading popovers. If this solution is working well for you guys i'll expand it to other popovers

2019-07-13 17:40:00

woohoo! i guess this is what we have been waiting for! well, if not we, i was waiting for it! this is exactly what i need, thank you so much man! keep up the great work!

2019-07-13 18:54:08

Thanks, this thing works just fine. In the case of races, professions and similar things, which themselves do not perform any actions, you can make their names with the buttons. It would be very nice.

My discord
Jitel#3538