2016-11-26 09:03:35

Well, the menus do seem to be different on pc, as I feared. The controller settings are nowhere to be found, and neither are the audio settings when following the guide posted by sightless kombat. ah well... such as it is, then.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-11-26 11:00:44

Update. the controller problem has been solved, at least. It was my r1 button physically failing to activate... I managed to fix the problem. Now to figure out these menus, though.

2016-11-26 11:30:26

I'm not really too sure what to say. Help and options should be in single player and all the settings should be in there, even on the pc platform. There is probably some extra stuff. I don't currently have windows 10 so I unfortunately can't clarify.

2016-11-26 11:35:38 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2016-11-26 12:58:05)

@101
I'll clarify the menus for PC as soon as possible, Aaron's right that some additional options exist in the PC version.

Edit; If you go up instead of down (I.E. Down 1 or 2 in the main menu, then up 1 to help and options, then up 2 to the audio options, the menus are the same from there).  Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2016-11-26 17:26:30

Hi
please Sightless Kombat Let me know if you can find all the menus of the pc version.
Another very ignorant question, where can I buy all the characters for the game?
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-11-26 22:51:01

You can buy all the characters on the microsoft or xbox store websites.

@sightless, that was pretty much the solution I came up with as well... but audio options aren't the only crucial ones for me. lol Loved your menu guide draft, by the way. Submenus would be appreciated as well though. also, what is the difference between exhibition and ranked matches?

2016-11-27 02:09:29

In ranked matches, the basic gist is you get points for wins and losses and get thrown back to the search game option after every match, but in exhibition you get options for rematch and stuff and can theoretically play against the same person for as long as you want. Of course, ranked has more little bits as well like qualifiers. You have to do 10 matches and after that you qualify for I think it's either bronze, silver, gold, or killer tiers. Sightless has told me that a slightly different format happens if you end up coming against an opponent with gold or killer tier status. Normally, you play one match and it takes you back to the ranked menu, but that changes a bit when you come across the higher ups.
Also, I don't know if you can invite people to play in ranked matches, but in exhibition you get that option and that's what makes it so awesome.

2016-11-27 13:04:19

So exhibition is essentially the equivalent to player matches... and if ranked is the same as in any other game, you can't invite people. Gotta try online some time and see how the netcode is with my rig.

2016-11-29 20:20:37

I have a partial guide on my website. You can access my website located in my signature.

2016-11-29 21:35:07

Cool! Thanks for this... but I'm guessing this was before the season 3 update?

2016-11-30 00:11:40

Hi
@ross Can you paste the link to your guide?
I can not see the signatures of the users. They do not appear to me.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-11-30 01:43:51

There is a link right under his post that says website.. just click that.

2016-11-30 10:05:27

@110
I believe the guide in question was written before the S3 update.  However, mine, in its current state, is post-s3.  When I have the time to clarify what you need etc I can get help to write it all down for you if you like.

@112
If he says he can't see the signatures, I believe that could be one of 2 things:
1. the previous poster has their window minimised.  Maximising it might solve the problem.
or
2. it's an element in the account settings which can be toggled to show or hide user signatures.

Just saying.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-11-30 10:40:41 (edited by assault_freak 2016-11-30 10:42:13)

In terms of what I'd like, there's not one specific thing... just as much information as I can possibly get. lol But I can experiment, too. And for the post about signatures, signatures show up whether you're maximized or not. But he may have it turned off in the account settings. smile

2016-12-02 04:27:18

Hi,
Definitely be taking a look at this tomorrow and playing around to see what I can get into.
Thanks for all the hints so far.
Feel free to add me on xbox at wolfman1360.
Thanks

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2017-07-01 20:03:55

Hello, for somr reason I'm also not seeing the menu. Im' very new to KI. Doe sanyone have an updated guide for the pc version for the updated released on the 29th of June 2017?

Thanks and I have a lot to learn.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-07-01 20:08:40

By the way for example on my pc version the first thign that is highlighted is exit according  to what an aria agent told me. We are planing on working to put somethingn together as well, at least the menu structor, she is a sighted gamer. Ok, I hope I get this agent again. Lol!

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-07-02 02:02:18

To those asking about PC version options etc.

I can give you a useful piece of information.  If you are starting on exit, you can hit a to confirm this (if you hear a clank, you're on exit, press B to back out of that).  Then go down 2 to get to single player, or 3 for multiplayer.

As for adjusting options, on single or multiplayer options in the main menu, click once, then go up one, then after clicking again, go up 2.  From there, you should be in the audio menu.

If you require any further assistance with the game, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-07-03 05:44:53

Yeah I noticed that. M aira agent was having me go I think it was down all the way to get to stuff,  We did manage to get stuff adjusted and one of them is going to hopefully work with me once I'm done with my trips to get something written for the pc.. Right now I don't have the time due to  travles to do that and I need my minutes, maybe next month if I do get this agent again we can work on something for about 10 minutes.

2017-07-03 06:40:36

Actually I just confirmed the clang at least on my computer is the shadow lords thing. My how I wish that were accessible. Fro what little I heard of it, it sounds cool!. Once I got into single player mode and chose my character I could not figure out what to do from there. I expected to choose the computer's character, but it's late here and my brain is tired lol! I was going to practice e a bit before bed but maybe I need sleep first. Lol!

2017-07-08 11:00:59

Hi.
So, now that I also have this game, finally xD, my gamertag is BlindLion212, so if there is someone who could help me a bit with the game, that would be awesome.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-01-24 20:36:07

Did anything ever come of this?  I found one, but it seems different from my copy of the game. I see single player, but if I go into that, I think I 3 different options. I know the first one is continue, but I can't tell what the rest are. Then their's the guardians...thing, and the shop, and I don't know what everything else is. I kind of just have to guess my way through it, and go into fights with no guardian equipped, so pretty sure I'm getting crushed because of this.

2018-01-24 21:15:48

@122

I know your exact problem and it's one that's easily fixed.  You're actually entering the Shadow Lords menu, a (currently) inaccessible portion of the game due to the RPG/Crafting+text nature of the mode in addition to the main fighting mechanics.

The devs are aware of the issues with the mode, though at present it's unknown as to what will happen regarding accessibility of this particular area.

To get to the actual single player menu, go down one in the main menu and press A.  You should be good to go from there.  If you get lost, going down one when you're put into the main menu (say after exiting the multiplayer men) might not always put you back on single player, just be aware of that as you go.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2018-01-24 23:47:16

Thanks Sightless! I'll give that a try here. Hope we can get that shadow lords stuff, that seemed pretty neat. This is my first time with killer instinct, and I'm enjoying it. I'm terrible at it, but I'm enjoying it all the same.

2018-01-25 12:39:41

Downloading the PC version tonight.  I love how  I won’t have to buy it again because I already have it on Xbox. smile