2016-01-21 19:47:59

Hello all,

The title of the topic all sais it.

Has someone a menu guide of the killer instinct game?
this is a free offer during january on the xbox one platform.

hope to hear from you soon.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2016-01-22 10:21:41

I'd be happy to help with this - the guide itself is not complete, but depending on what you want to know, I might be able to assist
PM me with your gamertag and we can talk through details there - it'll be easier to explain.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2016-01-22 10:52:58

Hello

@sightless

my xbox will be delivered within a few hours, but i will pm you when i have my xbox tag.

Thanks in advance.

greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2016-01-22 14:13:50

Hello,
I'll list a few things here as well.
In this game, most of the menus wrap around, so if you press down arrow from the bottom option you go back to the top.
When you first get your xbox you will have to sign in and then install the game on your account along with all the different adons you want, the ultra edition is a bundle so you have to install all the different things in the bundle like the characters then the edition. Once that's done, launch the game, and after the logos, if you press the start button (called the menu button) on your controler it will say killer instinct then it will check for downloadable content, which will take a little while.
Eventually you'll hear a whoosh type sound and the music will pick up a bit, sounding more like a tune. This means you are in the main menu.
From here I'll let sightless explain some stuff to you, but I actually think it would be nic to put some things here in the topic as well because I think a lot of people will be asking about menu guides soon enough. I can also help with this too.

2016-01-22 15:59:05

That's a good plan - both of us helping together.

Considering I just attained Killer rank (the highest possible rankin the game that you get an achievement for, the other technically being top 32), I think I have enough knowledge to at the very least get you started.

You start on single player by default when the game launches.  Under that is Multiplayer, and under that is Shadow Lab.  Under that I believe is Store, which you shouldn't need to tweak/poke around as the unlocks happen as you play.

In single player you have fight, and within that menu you have player vs cpu, story (which I can explain later), Survival and Cpu VS CPU.

There's a couple of procedures that you'll need to go through to get the optimum experience, namely turning down music and turning the HUD up.

Taken from a guide I'm helping in compiling:

Turn music down
As driving and fitting as Mick Gordon, Celldweller and Atlas Plug's scores for Killer Instinct's stages and menus are, to be able to hear absolutely everything in the game it is necessary that you turn the music down all the way. Once you've grown accustomed to the sounds, you can turn it up a couple of clicks, but here's how to do arguably the more important of the two.
• From the main screen, press a on single player.
• Now press up one and press A to access help and options
• Now go down 4 to audio options and press A.
• Now go down 4 to music and move the slider all the way to the left with the left arrow.
Turn up HUD volume
• From the audio screen, go down to music, where you were for the previous set of instructions. Then go up one. This is the HUD volume slider.
• By default it's all the way to the left, so turn it up 10 clicks to the right as that's half way (and adjust as needed).

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-01-22 18:18:05

There's an actual guide being compiled huh? Looking forward to reading the whole thing whenever it gets done...

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-01-22 20:24:59 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2016-01-22 20:27:35)

It's a project I've been working on with a number of varying individuals for a good while.  All I can say as to a "release date" is that when it's done, it's done.  Might not even be until after Season 3.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-01-22 20:43:44

hello all

*sigh* am stilll awaiting the delivering of the console ... it is 19:45 in the Netherlands now, and i don't thing it will be delivered today, while it was the appointment ...

sad

Am glad there is a menu guide being worked on and the information already given here is also valuable.

greetz mike

2016-01-22 21:12:50

I won't say how large this guide is, other than it's not just a menu guide.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-01-22 21:27:14

Would be nice to have more info instead of so much criptic stuff though. Should be like gamefaq where the guide is released and updated as more information is available. Just so that those of us who don't have the game or console yet don't have to hunt down or constantly pester people for information. lol But I'm looking forward to it whenever it's released!

2016-01-22 22:26:44

I wouldn't be as cryptic as I'm being if the guide was closer to being complete (there are a lot of sections that aren't complete).

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-01-23 09:16:23

True that. I'm just saying it's hard enough to find information... might as well have a guide where contributions can be made so people who find out things in the game can help fill in those missing sections. But I definitely get that... there are guides I've started and just don't say anything about because they're far from complete.

2016-01-23 16:43:43

I have help, but this guide is to serve a very specific purpose (strictly speaking) and requires assistance that isn't from visually impaired gamers, which is why I've not mentioned anything about it on here.  That is all I'll say on the matter, at least for now.

If/when you get a console, I'll happily add youand train with you.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-01-23 18:09:58

Hmm. Now I'm definitely intrigued... but I see your point. lol

2016-01-24 00:30:14

Hello,

@sightless

i will be more than happy to send you my xbox tag, but the problem is, that the deliverie service my package will be delivered with, didn't managed to complete his route on the Friday, so my xbox wasn't delivered.

Most postal services also deliver on a Saturday, but i managed to find this one who doesn't. So hopefully my xbox will be delivered this Monday. But there is another problem ... i am in zeist, and not in rotterdam where it will be delivered till thursday.

So the earliest i can send you a pm with my gamer tag is thursday or otherwise a Friday.

I will admit i am rather upset about this.

sad

but yeah, let's watch it positive, i will enjoy it even more when it will be delivered finally lol

tongue

greetz mike

2016-01-30 08:25:22

Well, bringing this topic back... because looks like I'm finally getting my hands on the console tomorrow. As much info as possible would be appreciated about starting the game for the first time, menu layouts, story mode information, etc. Character selection screen would be good, unless I can experiment with it and just figure it out from there.

2016-01-30 13:07:05

hello

@assault,

The pointers aaron and sightless give are very valuable, the only i want to add to it, is when you first start teh game, and you hear music, press the a-button, then it will check for updates.
As aaron states, when the music changes you are in the main menu. And you are located on single player at first. hit a to activate it. then you are on fight, hit a once again and you are on player vs cpu. Is good to start with the mechanics i find, and i rather enjoy to pulverise my opponent. Arrow down for story mode, but i don't have experience with this yet.

When you hit the player vs cpu option, the music will change once again.
The fighters you have access to, are pretty limited in my oppinion, my brother told me that hitting the right Arrow once and hitting a then, was the only fighter i could fight with at that point. That is sabrewolf.

I am not complaining or such, i like sabrewolf a lot.

probably aaron or sightles could help some more.

I probably repeated what aaron and sightles already have written, but i hopefully added some extra clues what helped me.

hth

greetz mike

2016-01-30 18:48:52

That's a start. lol thanks. Story mode doesn't seem that complicated to me... the same as most other games with a story mode, fight after fight, with a cutscene or dialog thrown in here and there, from what I've watched. Each story mode seems to take about 25 minutes to half an hour to finish. and the reason you can only play as one character is because you only have the free version of Killer instinct, so the character you can play rotates every now and then. I'm planning on buying the season 2 combo breaker pack, since I don't really care much for the comstumes or the original killer instinct 2, but I want all the characters.

2016-01-31 02:06:32

Well, my location is set to US now so I can use narrator... I hope that doesn't screw up any of my credit card or features I can access. Currently have Killer instinct cued with the ultra addition addon downloaded and installed because it's only 7 mb. Does it matter which one I download first? I just want to make sure that when the game installs the ultra addition will still register.

2016-01-31 02:09:31

Also, where is practice mode? Menu information is far too sparse... and I want to get in some practice before taking on any cpu opponents. My head's already spinning from the xbox1's interface.. so much less streamlined than the ps4's. lol I'm guessing it's somewhere below fight?

2016-01-31 03:53:08

Having difficulties with the xbox1 operation at the moment... sigh. this is something I'm not used to quite yet. Killer instinct is sitting in my cue, and I can load it. The sighted person I got says the installation is at 27% and I have a bunch of things ready to install, which are all the season one characters if my guess is right. Is it sitting there because I haven't installed everything yet? I have no idea what I'm doing here... so I'm debating buying season 2 or not even, as though I want to try all the characters I don't even know how any of the xbox1 basics work.

2016-01-31 05:12:39

if any one wants to add me to xbox my gamer tag is jessiepp.  i also have k i.

2016-01-31 11:07:41

Ok. sorry for the continuous stream of posts... now that I have season 1's ultra edition with all the characters, trying to decide what to do next. Other than the costumes and the killer instinct 2 port, is there any point in getting the season 2 ultra edition? Or should I just get the combo breaker pack?

2016-01-31 11:15:33

hi

@assault,

When the  cue still states killer instinct is in it, it is still downloading. you can reach the cue by arrowing down in the home screen, going to my games and apps, hitting the a button. It is very possible the system already opens up one of the three options contained in that menu, so when this is the case, hit the left Arrow button till you reach the said menu. Arrow down to cue and press the right Arrow again and you can see what's in the cue.

I also can't figure out how far the download actually was, but just wait and it will dissapear out of the cue at some point.

I don't know for sure, that when you buy the pack with all the fighters, if the game will register as well, when i view it the logical way, i don't think so, since the game is free during january, but i asume we should still buy killer instinct when this free trial is over.

But i don't think you will lose the add-on you purchased, that would be rude and absolutely not fair when xbox requires you to buy the add-on again with KI it's trial period being over after january ...

But i also had to get used to the system, i used the very first xbox when i was sighted, and had no clue how to operate this system with me being blind now. But i discovered that with trying and a bit of patience (wich i normally don't have a lot of hehe), you can discover a lot within the menu's.

And about the store, however the store on the console is rather accessible, in my oppinion, i wasn't able to purchase mortal combat x via the console.
I got a message that a different payment method was required. I asked in another topic how i could fix it, but in that case the subject was music and not games, but sightless suggested me to look in the store of

http://www.xbox.com

And just at that point i wanted to purchase skullgirls for xbox as well, and i figured out that i was able to buy it via xbox.com as well.

The only difficulty i found was, that you should pair your PayPal account via the microsoft account portal, wich i don't have a link of now, just google it and you will find it.

In the case of a creditcard is more easy, just try to buy a game, scroll down and you can change your payment information, and eventually you will find a add a creditcard button. Add all the required information and you are all set.

hth

greetz mike

2016-01-31 11:17:09

hi

haven't looked in the packs that much yet. i first want to discover if i have to purchase the game when the trial is over. but i quite like sabrewolf.

greetz mike