2016-01-31 11:32:35

Your trial of killer instinct never ends. You simply only get one character to play as which rotates out as time goes on. I hope other people will chime in who have more knowledge about the game, now that I have everything up and running... more menus, recommended buying choices, and any recommendations on good accessible movelists?

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-01-31 14:44:37

Hello,
I can't recommend any accessible movelists at the moment, some of them seem very confusing. As to buying choices, ultra editions give you early access to characters as well as the other perks, but now that season 2 is over, you might as well just get the combo breaker pack unless you want the port of killer instinct 2 classic. As for some menu guides, here's some more info.
TO get to practice mode:
from the main menu, press a on single player, then go down once to the option called master.
From there, the first option is dojo, but the second option is probably what you want, the practice mode, where you just pick two characters and experiment with their moves. I don't know about the pause menu is this mode and how you set the AI to do different things though.
Also, to get to survival mode, press a on single player, then a for fight, then go down twice. There's a lot of achievements in this mode, one for winning a match with a character you haven't played as, and one for winning ten survival matches, in a row, per character, so with jago you can get two achievements if you do ten matches in survival mode.
Also, there's something called the y menu which lets you set timer and difficulty, you press y on the character selection screen. I am not entirely sure of it's layout, I think the survival version of this menu is slightly different.

2016-01-31 18:43:58

Anything on story mode? When I clicked on what I believe to be story mode, the section option in the fight menu... didn't give me the narration I expected when I picked my character of choice.

2016-01-31 19:47:28

well, new case, old problem. lol Seems like because my console's location is set to united states because of narrator, I can't use my Canadian credit card... when I go to buy the season 2 combo breaker pack it needs me to add a credit card. What should I do? If I buy it through the website does it still work once I've made the purchase? Or do I have to switch to Canada, buy the thing, then switch back?

2016-01-31 20:27:34

It should still work if you buy it from the online store on Xbox.com

Sorry I haven't chipped in for a while.  If you clicked an s1 character, you won't hear narrration - narrated cutscenes were introduced for S2 characters only.

Accessible move lists that aren't confusing in notation are hard to come by, but I'm trying to pull something together as prt of the aforementioned guide.  What character were you thinking of playing?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2016-02-01 01:11:19

I don't know, since I don't have moves to experiment with at the moment. Jago is my go to at the moment because he's pretty much your basic fighting game archetype character, and I don't know enough about other characters backstories, playstyles or anything to pick. But if you could chip in with any more info, I'd appreciate it. I'm really looking forward to this guide now... as though I can pick up much of the game based on the many fighting game fundamentals I do have, I'd like a bit more info as to what I'm doing. And one remaining question... how do ultra combos and instinct mode work? The ultras seem to be hard to pull off as sometimes I don't get any hint that I've performed anything special, yet the announcer tells me that I did, and sometimes I hear the afore mentioned special combo actually happen.

And last question, at least for now... how can we perform combo breakers consistently with no sight? Unlike Street fighter, all six attacks sound the same... and I'm happy to say that SF 5 retains the tradition of having each punch and kick sound distinct. haha.

2016-02-01 04:28:20 (edited by assault_freak 2016-02-01 05:56:27)

Turns out I'm not done with the questions yet! If you only have access to season 1 characters, does this mean that you only fight them in the game as well? or does the cpu have access to all characters? I distinctly remember fighting tj combo... who I'm sure isn't in season 1. Also, how do we make the classic announcer as a selectable option? do we need season 2 ultra editions for that?

2016-02-01 08:57:47

hello,

as fo'r ultra combo's, i discovered yesterday a way of performing them.

1. i played with sabrewolf, but i asume it can be done with each character.
2. keep fighting with your opponent till you finish it off once.
3. keep fighting the second round till the basic music changes, i discovered that when my opponent is near death, allthough with sabrewolf, that the music changes.
4. start hitting your opponent again, and when you hear your opponent's deathcry, don't stop hitting but hold the left bumper.

I don't know if there are other ways of performing ultra combo's, but this is the way how i got three of them.

for other questions, i don't know the answers ... appologies.

hth

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2016-02-01 08:59:54

That is probably with the combo assist turned on. I know how ultra combos are performed basically, I just want to see what other crazy things there are that can be done with them. hehe. thanks for that particular tip though!

2016-02-01 12:10:31

hello

@assault,

I am interested as well to hear how i can perform ultra combo's without the use of the combo assist. Probably you can tell me some more about this.

greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2016-02-01 15:18:33

Hello,
@assault: the cpu can use any character, including season 2, in modes like survival. Survival's good if you want to fight all of the cast with whatever character you want.
@pelantus: each character has their own ultra command. For example, when the announcer says danger, with Jago, start a combo but instead of ending it with a special, do his tiger furie command and press left bumper. This is a sort of right down right left bumper thingy, it's quite hard to explain. I think it's called a half circle. In the fighting community, it's called a dp which stands for dragon punch motion. It is not the same as the endokuken motion, which is jsut down, right, and punch. THis one is right, down right, punch, but this time, it's the left bumper. With combo assist, it's just the left bumper. Once an ultra starts, if you have instinct you might be able to activate it and keep your combo going during the ultra, and go in for a double ultra as well. Sometimes if you are lucky you can hit your opponent with a shadow move after an ultra just before the announcer says ultra, as the last musical note plays, but this doesn't always work. I managed to do a double shadow endokuken at the end of an ultra once, somehow.

2016-02-01 16:47:29

The half circle is not the same here, though I'm sure someone probably has a half circle ultra. hahaha. I haven't yet figured out how to use instinct mode in the middle of an ultra to cancel it, I'll have to try it out. Jago is the only character in season 1 that I like, so we'll see who else I enjoy playing as in season 2. lol

2016-02-01 23:56:44

How do we get access to the two classic games? I bought the season 2 ultra edition today, and I have the season 1 ultra edition installed already... but searching on the website only says those are bundle only and I can't get to them. lol Also, once I buy something from the store, where do I find it when I turn on my xbox? Does it automatically check for new purchases when I sign in?

2016-02-02 01:35:56

Hello,
From your xbox dashboard, press the right trigger. This should put you on "my games and apps."
Click it.
Next, keep moving around until you find a thing that says ready to install. The two games are in that part. It's not part of the tabs that say games, apps, and queue, but it's kind of part of the games list. It's a bit hard to explain.

2016-02-02 10:34:05

I'll have a look at that in the morning. What about that classic announcer? Loving this game so far as much as I thought I would... and I have my adapter which allows me to use my ps3 / ps4 controller!

2016-02-02 12:19:05

AF where did you get your adapter to use your ps4 controller on the xbox? and whats the name of it? it gets quite annoying using a joystick for a fighter like ki

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-02-02 13:59:59

Hi,

@assault

I will add a few notes to the instructions aaron just given:

1. As aaron said, open up the games and apps option from home. or with the right trigger
2. Open up the games section of the games and apps option, when it opens up in another screen, apps for example, hit the left Arrow and you'll navigate out of the apps section, find games by arrowing up and down and open it with the right Arrow.
3. You will end up in the list of games you already have. hit the right Arrow again and you will hear: "ready to install xxx" where the xxx is the name of the game wich is ready.
4. select an option with the a-button and confirm you want to install it.

now it will show up in the cue.

I haven't discovered how it is possible to find out how far a download is. Does someone of you know this?

hth

greetz mike

2016-02-02 19:28:04

Figured that out on my own last night. hahaha. But unfortunately, there's no way to find out how much of a download has finished. Also, I can only find the second KI classic game, not the first one, for some bizarre reason. But it's installed now, anyway.

Smoothgunner, the adapter is by brook accessories. Look them up and you should find buying options no problem. I'm still looking for a season 2 movelist and how to switch the announcer, just for a new change.

2016-02-02 19:45:17

Hello,
You have to just keep playing to eventually unlock the different announcers, and it doesn't give an audio notification. I eventually went into options and found classic announcer, by doing the following:
From the main menu, tap a on single player.
Next, go up once to options.
Next, go down four times to audio.
THe first option you should land on will be the announcer type, move right to select classic if it's unlocked.
It was hilarious because a few weeks later out of nowhere, the Aria announcer appeared, and she wasn't in that menu for I don't even know how long, so I don't know how I unlocked that third announcer, who appeared to the right of classic. Me ans sightless were playing and he asked me to check as he knew I was having issues finding it as it wasn't showing up, and suddenly it appeared and to this day it's baffled us.

2016-02-02 21:22:23

Interesting... well, guess I just have to keep playing then. Would be nice to have mre concrete numbers though. hahaha.

2016-02-02 23:42:38 (edited by death_rattlehead 2016-02-02 23:44:45)

Ah nice @Assault. Unfortunately, I don't come here as often as I should. I could have helped out as well. However, I see several users have taken care of you.

Either way, if you want to get into the higher level KI, I found a really damn good guide for each character. I warn you though, it's really long, but worth reading.

I will look for it when I get home. I'm at work right now lol. It was somewhere in the Ultracombo forums. I'll search.

*Edit*

I play on stick myself. I can't play this game on Pad. Plus, the Xbox1 pad sucks ass. I also have a converter for a PS3  pad from Brook.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2016-02-03 00:13:59 (edited by assault_freak 2016-02-03 00:15:55)

I play all my fighting games on pad... and I'd love to get into higher level KI. Lately all my fighting game passion is
coming back, and while I won't be going to any tournaments... I'd like to have a fun scrap with some blind players. My question is still how to perform breakers without sight by just listening, since KI doesn't have the audio detail SF does so I can't tell what strength of buttons are being used. And the announcer thing is still bugging me. lol But if you could post that guide, it'd definitely be appreciated. Also, feel free to skype if you want a blind fighting game geek to chat with about games... I'm not as good as any of the people you train with, though I'd love to talk to some of them... but I could probably offer some insights from a blind fighting game player's perspective. lol

2016-02-03 02:27:34

hi all
please help
I download and install nvda then install clip copy
then instal clip reader then q translate
then Chinese simplified key board
then I m run q translate then press escape
then run clip reader
and I m go to play
but when I m press g and then control
don't work for me