2016-02-03 15:46:18

Hmm, I'm definitely waiting for KI when it will hit PC. Buying X one only for one game is really bad idea so it's good it will launch on win 10 in march.

I tried to contact with Iron galaxy, posting on the forums but as always mostly it's ignored and probably We can forget about PC accessible version.
It's again that stupid situation where something what can be done easily will be not.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2016-02-03 15:56:42 (edited by death_rattlehead 2016-02-03 15:58:11)

@Assault, dude I totally forgot to search for that guide. I got home super late and ended up playing MKX new Beta netcode.

Anyway, I have you on Skype right? We should definitely chat for sure. I'm learning KI too as I'm not as good. Plus Iron Galaxy keeps changing the characters. Last weekend they showed the nurfs and buffs and general system mechanics coming to season  3.

Add me on Xbox. My tag is ObsRattlehead

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2016-02-03 16:18:07

Hello,
@rattlehead and @assault, would you guys want another blind guy to chat with as well? I'm also a bit of a geek being fans of cartoons, science fiction and fantasy, and also fighting games. I'm looking forward to street fighter 5.
I've also decided to give out my gamertag, so, if anyone on this forum wants to add me, my xbox gamertag is jukesy1992. Just keep in mind that I'm from the UK so there might be a time difference for some of you.

2016-02-03 19:12:10

@seal, you should know better than to expect big companies to listen... lol. We've gotten lucky with microsoft being willing to listen about accessibility, but development like those of skullgirls is not the norm, far from it. Most people could care less if a small marginal group of people want to play their game accessibly. But I agree with you. It definitely wouldn't be hard to do... and I wouldn't have this game if I didn't borrow my cousin's xbox. hahaha.

@death rattlehead, yeah we should definitely chat and maybe hit up a match or two if we can figure out how. tongue Message me any time!
@sswwaaiikkee, I know which game you're talking about... but why did you post that message about Return of the King in a topic about a completely different game? lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-02-03 21:12:49

hello,

yeah, probably nice to share my xbox tag as well. will add the ones who have shared it here this weekend.

My tag, if i am not mistaken is pelantas, Original? not really, am pelantas on most accessible games, but oh well, just that people recognise me hehe.

tongue

Add me anytime and you can message me anytime.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2016-02-03 21:35:10

Hello,
To invite someone to a match:
from the main menu, go down once from single player to multiplayer, click it.
Click fight, which is the first option.
From there, go down once to exhibition.
Once connected, you'll be in a menu that does not wrap, so it's easy to find the invite option: it's the last one. When you click it, narrator should start talking after a few seconds. Highlight the person you want to invite, then go up until you see the invite button and press a. Make sure the combo box in that window says game.

2016-02-03 22:48:07

Good to know. Is there any more information about menus or layouts you know that might be helpful to share? hahaha. Thanks for that explanation. We should create a group lobby while I still have the game. lol

2016-02-04 03:07:45

I feel I need to apologise as essentially the main advocate for KI accessibility (or rather the original) as others have followed in my wakeand say that I should've followed this topic more closely.

@Rattlehead, I'd be very happy to train you once I have the time relatively free - I'll let you know when that is.

I won't give my gamertag out here, but I'll add those who have their new tags on here (and you can add me in return).  That way, I know who I've added and I don't have to worry about people randomly adding me from the forum without me letting them have the tag.

I'll say this, don't ignore the possibility of a PC accessible version. The guys at IG listened to me when I ranted on their forums during season 2 and added in the audio options as a consequence a few patches later, I'm in contact with invidiausl and am trying to get a few things going (though I can't say what, and won't even if you ask me what they are).  As the saying sometimes goes, with Killer Instinct, Never give up, Never give in, Never surrender and Never go down without a fight.  Basically, @Seal and @Assault, it's not over till it's over and I'm surprised that you two are both judging so harshly a developer who has been the most transparent with regards to near enough everything they do.  For example, NRS Only added their access in because Rattlehead was at Evo (or a similar event) and was able to talk to them in person.  However, IG went one step further and hadded in extra cues later down the line, changing them based on fan feedback etc.  Moreover, they release actual detailed patch notes that are useful, in comparison to NRS' convoluted attempts.  Finally, KI's DLC track record (in terms of installation proceedures within the time I've played their game) have been nearperfect, whereas NRS, time and time again, have really made a mountain out of a molehill, sometimes leaving players stranded for days at a time without the DLC character recently released.

Enough about NRS VS IG though, I'll just say that if you guys want help and I'm free to train with you, I'll be happy to try and impart knowledge that I've picked up.

I was thinking about organising an event at some point when we're all free, where we all fight in a lobby as blind/VI players and would be willing to look into running it when if there's enough interest.

I look forward to fighting with you all in the coming months.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2016-02-04 03:18:38

@sightless, I wouldn't say I'm personally judging IG harshly, just basing my opinions on past experiences. I'm curious as you sound like someone in the loop whether there's something specific you did or an event attended, or whether you're just a really, really big fan who invested time in playing and contacting the developers. lol I didn't mean to sound like I was judging harshly, but with game companies I tend to be very skeptical because of past records. Skullgirls was a huge step in the right direction and if there was anything I could do to join in the advocacy for KI accessibility I would, the only reason I never expressed much interest before is because I didn't have a xbox1 to play it on. tongue I'd also love to train with you or join in this event. But the most pressing question on my mind is still this, since you seem to be the one most in the loop about this game... how do you combo break without sight? My gamertag is canadianblindy if you would be so kind as to add me... though once my xbox1 disappears, I hope we'll still be able to play each other on pc. lol

2016-02-04 03:24:43

Sorry for the double post as well, but thought I'djust say as well
@46
If you're referring to infil's guide, I wouldn't really recommend it as there are accessibility issues with some of the symbols.

@everyone else
Actually, I might as well say about my project that I am working on, as I hope to get one of the main sections through relatively soon.

Context

The Killer Instinct Community Guide is an initiative I've been working on with a number ofmembers from the aforementioned Ultra-combo.com forums since at least august of last year.  I thought since there were issues with a guide by Infil, that it appeared at the time he wasn't going to fix any time soon,that I would work to get the most complete accessible resource for blind and VI players.

I've been working on getting things up and running but nowhere near all the guide is complete.  I'm waiting on the Dojo Lessons to be sent to me, but I'll put those in when they arrive.  I play to put a full menu guide in too and update things as S3comes along.

The guide's current status

I currently have it in a testing form, and it will move slightly once it's felt to be in a complete state.  I can provide the link once I have the Dojo Lessons, as that will fill the guide out significantly.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-02-04 03:36:41

@sightless, that sounds like it'll definitely be good to have. I can't wait for it... by the way, is adding you on skype an option? It would be nice to have the ability to ask you more on the fly question rather than throwing it out there and hope you check the topic. hahaha.

2016-02-04 05:12:13

@Assault, here's the guide I was talking to you about. This is aimed mostly towards fighting game players who want to learn the characters and their frame data as well. it also covers the basics.Check it out dude. http://ki.infil.net/

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2016-02-04 05:30:05

Awesome... this is almost exactly what i needed. but it's annoying not to have correct button inputs listed!

2016-02-04 19:53:19

Morning all! So since I had nothing better to do in the morning before work, I thought I would record this clip of survival mode... here it is, just so you can laugh at how bad I am after having the game for about four days. lol Enjoy and comment!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 … rvival.MP3

2016-02-05 00:50:10

Hello,
@assault: combo breaking without site is definitely quite tricky, although the other week when me and sightless were playing I somehow got into a state where I kept reading their combos and they kept reading mine, so there were many, many combo breakers triggered. We've also had points in matches where we've had an absolute standoff, one of them was with Jago and Spinal, I think I was Spinal. Well, let's just sa this standoff went on for around thirty seconds or more, it was quite the tension builder.

2016-02-05 01:29:14

I don't see how yoou can break by any way other than guesswork... except for some few moves that have very obvious auudible cues. Anyone can add me if they wish, my gamertag is one of my posts above.

2016-02-05 17:37:59

Hello,
@assault: when I'm on my console next I'll ad you. If you see a notification from jukesy1992, that's me.

2016-02-05 19:50:21

Will do. And I'm very curious to know how many people actually sat through that recording as it's almost an hour. I didn't even know I was playing that long. hahaha.

2016-02-07 10:20:52

Ok, question for everyone here, especially the hardcore fighting game and KI fans. Who is your main and why? Right now I main Jago when playing offline simply because he plays most similarly to your average fighting game character, but I'm looking into maining someone else... either Fulgor or Omen is what it's looking like right now. Wish I could find a move list for both of them that's accessible.

2016-02-07 13:53:46

My main is Jago too as I like his options for short and long range. M second main is probably agarnos although he's quite tricky to play as in some situations, he's also quite robust and has an interesting set of tools at his disposal. Going further down the list, I often bring out Thunder because some of his attacks have a sort of medium range to them, and that command grab is useful. Those are my top 3.

2016-02-07 15:16:45

hello,

Since i am playing killer instinct, i like sabrewolf a lot. Since when i attack with the x-button and when i keep pressing that button the attack will end in a few hits performed fast after each other. Together with this i quite like to press the left and right trigger when the attack nears it's end or hold the left bumper to end with a few heavy hits.

Yesterday i pressed the left bumper and left trigger at the same time by accident with sabrewolf and i didn't hear the name completely, but it is another type of attack wich will be performed.

No, i will admit that i like sabrewolf a lot.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2016-02-07 19:35:18

Aaron, most people probably have Jago stashed up somewhere to pull out if they're looking for an easy character... lol. I just honestly like his backstory and his techniques are easy for me to grasp as a primarily street Fighter player. If we ever play online ,we may have an issue there. tongue But once I find a good working movelist... I'll definitely be experimenting more with characters of similar style.

2016-02-08 01:44:02

Anyone know how to change the cpu difficulty? Playing through story mode with all the characters is starting to get boring. lol I need to figure out how to ramp up the difficulty.

2016-02-08 14:12:04

@Assault
I've added you, at least I hope I have.  If you didn't get the request, let me know and I'll send you my gamertag.

Adding me on Skype isn't an option as I don't use it, though myself and Aaron will be happy to bring you into the loop regarding training sessions etc when we have those and see you on your Xbox.

In terms of difficulty, you can press Y to get into what Aaron refered to (and what I also term) as the Y Menu.  In here you can adjust the timer and, depending on where the menu is activated, the difficulty.  The Y Menu is only available in CHaracter Select screens.  To adjust the time or difficult press right or left to move between the options.

There is currently no way to tell what timer or difficulty setting you've selected, though I hope that can be fixed in a future update as the developers are already aware of this problem to a partial degree.  Difficulty is the second option down and is only available in CPU VS screens.  To make things easier, press A 3 times from the main menu on single player to be taken into player vs CPU.  Now press Y, wait for the whoosh, press down one, then adjust as desired.  I can't remember how many settings there are off the top of my head, so I'd recommend raising it gradually until it starts putting enough of a fight for you.

I currently main Fulgore myself, have Aganos as a current secondary (though I'm thinking of maybe putting Riptor along with Fulgore as a double main and keeping Aganos as a pocket character), a pretty solid Jago and a pocket Spinal round out the characters I play most, though I know Thunder to a degree as Aaron will attest in addition to a few other characters.

I'd be happy to train you in Fulgore usage to the extent I can, he's a little tricky, but he's worth the trouble once you get used to him and he has a few quite interesting options.  That and he got me to Killer rank in online... big_smile

Oh, forgot reasons.  I use Fulgore because of his range of playstyles (you can playhim as a rushdown/agro character with mainly blade dash) or as a zoner (with the varying speed of fireballs).  That and his telport is pretty good, though it's punishable to a degree.

HTH.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2016-02-08 20:52:23

I've experimented with fulgor enough to see what you mean by multiple playstyles... but trying to figure out how to link combos together for him seems to have a bit of tricky timing involved. Thanks for the difficulty option tip, I'll give that a go later... and will also check for your request on xbox. Depending on what timezone you're operating in, we can probably make something happen relatively soon... though I also have no headset to voice chat with, unfortunately. And starting next week, my time is going to be pretty evenly divided between this and Street Fighter V. hahaha.