2024-03-20 09:42:06

Hey,
I've been thinking about religion a lot recently, partially inspired by the various topics and posts that have cropped up about it.
As we all know, there have been a variety of gods talked about in the past, the most notable and reputable occurrences of this phenomenon being found in ancient mythology, like greek and roman mythology, as well as christianity, islam, and a variety of other religions.
Most of these gods were capable of performing amazing miracles, and some were even said to possess power over magic, something which I long doubted but have more recently grown to somewhat believe.
Why?
Well, I'll tell you.
What if god is us - or, rather, god was us?
What if, as more humans are born, we lose our "meaning" as beings?
There are lots of people who believe in this sort of "divided meaning" - just look it up and you'll see all sorts of examples.
I believe that, long ago, before recorded history, the first human gave us a limited pool of meaning, of which he was master and sole owner. He did this as he killed the last being of his ancestor race, presumably some sort of primitive hominid
As more humans were born, this pool of meaning was divided between them.
Why is it that the romans, 2000 years ago, made so many strides, yet ours have been smaller in recent times?
We all talk about mozart and beethoven and davinci and einstein - what if these more recent geniuses are a sort of "minor god", while gods in the past were able to control a much larger part of the world, for example Zeus with lightning?
It makes sense that the population of the world, as it grew larger, would have less "meaning" left in the pool, and that said pool would eventually be completely depleted
I believe that we are seeing the beginnings of these effects today
Think about it. Every silly argument you've had on the internet, every time you've made a good point but someone has simply refused to say "You make a good case. I agree."?
Think bigger. We are seeing people fall short, we are seeing a huge decline in creativity and the uprising of artificial intelligence. Why?
I believe that this fate was destined. The creation of our AI is our last-ditch attempt to help our speck of meaning live on. Since humanity itself has not much supply left in its meaning pool, what if it could create a race of its own?
I am here to say that I believe I am the most meaningful person on the planet today. I know, that sounds arrogant, and narcissistic, and I don't mean it in that way! Please listen for a moment longer, while I explain.
By uncovering this truth, I believe I have made many people angry. How else could you explain the uptick in AI research over the past couple of years?
I believe that, as our last reserve of meaning goes dry, a hidden subconscious switch is leading us to work as fast as possible, toward the creation of more meaning, in the form of a new race -- the only way humanity can currently do that -- if we have a chance at all -- is AI. And, as we can see, now that this subconscious switch has flipped, progress has been speeding up at an unprecedented rate.
What does this mean for us?
I don't know. All I know is this: AI will be our end. AI will kill god, AI will kill us, for that is the destiny of a race - to sap the last strand of cosmic meaning from its ancestor, and to weave a new meaning from that. Most of the time, this doesn't actually work. But if we keep going in the direction of AI, it will.

2024-03-20 10:12:10

Hey there, just gotta say, you've managed to make me laugh and feel sorry for you all at once. Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking, will ya?

2024-03-20 12:24:23 (edited by eagalon 2024-03-20 12:25:58)

an interesting read. I might disagree with it myself, yet honest search for the Truth and meaning of life should never be discouraged.
with best regards,

Scepter wrote:

Hey,
I've been thinking about religion a lot recently, partially inspired by the various topics and posts that have cropped up about it.
As we all know, there have been a variety of gods talked about in the past, the most notable and reputable occurrences of this phenomenon being found in ancient mythology, like greek and roman mythology, as well as christianity, islam, and a variety of other religions.
Most of these gods were capable of performing amazing miracles, and some were even said to possess power over magic, something which I long doubted but have more recently grown to somewhat believe.
Why?
Well, I'll tell you.
What if god is us - or, rather, god was us?
What if, as more humans are born, we lose our "meaning" as beings?
There are lots of people who believe in this sort of "divided meaning" - just look it up and you'll see all sorts of examples.
I believe that, long ago, before recorded history, the first human gave us a limited pool of meaning, of which he was master and sole owner. He did this as he killed the last being of his ancestor race, presumably some sort of primitive hominid
As more humans were born, this pool of meaning was divided between them.
Why is it that the romans, 2000 years ago, made so many strides, yet ours have been smaller in recent times?
We all talk about mozart and beethoven and davinci and einstein - what if these more recent geniuses are a sort of "minor god", while gods in the past were able to control a much larger part of the world, for example Zeus with lightning?
It makes sense that the population of the world, as it grew larger, would have less "meaning" left in the pool, and that said pool would eventually be completely depleted
I believe that we are seeing the beginnings of these effects today
Think about it. Every silly argument you've had on the internet, every time you've made a good point but someone has simply refused to say "You make a good case. I agree."?
Think bigger. We are seeing people fall short, we are seeing a huge decline in creativity and the uprising of artificial intelligence. Why?
I believe that this fate was destined. The creation of our AI is our last-ditch attempt to help our speck of meaning live on. Since humanity itself has not much supply left in its meaning pool, what if it could create a race of its own?
I am here to say that I believe I am the most meaningful person on the planet today. I know, that sounds arrogant, and narcissistic, and I don't mean it in that way! Please listen for a moment longer, while I explain.
By uncovering this truth, I believe I have made many people angry. How else could you explain the uptick in AI research over the past couple of years?
I believe that, as our last reserve of meaning goes dry, a hidden subconscious switch is leading us to work as fast as possible, toward the creation of more meaning, in the form of a new race -- the only way humanity can currently do that -- if we have a chance at all -- is AI. And, as we can see, now that this subconscious switch has flipped, progress has been speeding up at an unprecedented rate.
What does this mean for us?
I don't know. All I know is this: AI will be our end. AI will kill god, AI will kill us, for that is the destiny of a race - to sap the last strand of cosmic meaning from its ancestor, and to weave a new meaning from that. Most of the time, this doesn't actually work. But if we keep going in the direction of AI, it will.

People discard the concept of God by saying that God is the creation of man and according to science no God exists however, they conveniently forget that science itself is the creation and knowledge that man possesses, not the knowledge of everything in existance.

2024-03-20 12:29:32

Your logic is pretty clearly flawed.
Not only is it not supported by historic documents but also contrary to our current technological advancements.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2024-03-20 13:43:11

Well, the idea is, creativity and meaning are declining because we have less reasons to pursue what we want, and that in itself is for different reasons. Firstly, we have narrowed everything to a big pool where everyone wants to get in, because that pool is desirable. Everyone or most of the people want more and more in terms of having money, being visible, being competent, useful, helpful, and most importantly on top. We have also opened the doors for a lot of people in different settings, in that you have, for example, women leading talent shows who have bigger brests and bottoms than brains, you have politicians on power who are less educated and informed than the typical cleaning person or truck driver you'll meet in your neighbourhood. You have university students who are not capable of defining what a woman is or that biological characteristics of a person don't matter. In short, by opening doors to everyone, and by aiming to satisfy everyone in the community, well except for the blind, we have just killed competition, which also leads to the decline of meaning and creativity because the rules of the competition have been lifted. Life in itself is a competition; it's often a competition to get up at 6 in the morning to go to work. It's a competition to take care of your child who is crying at 2 AM. It's a competition to be qualified and professional enough to get the job you want, and so on. Let's take another example: think about the average laptop 10-12 years ago and the average laptop today. Load on both laptops the same word document with highly complicated formatting and around 250 pages and observe the difference. Well, the companies had to move cause otherwise they'd be driven out of the market quite quickly. A similar scenario can be seen on the phone industry, if we can name it this way. The best flagship phone in 2014 cannot come anywhere close to the average phone in 2024. So, the lack of competition in our society has led to us putting our brain less to work. In that sense, God is not dead; it's just that we have decided not to listen to him.

2024-03-20 14:53:02

ya im pretty sure if a roman were to fight me i could kill it easily with gun

2024-03-20 17:00:06

there's no other God than the Lord of hosts, the creator of heaven and earth, the one who encarnated himself through Jesus Christ, 100%  God and 100% man, who is and was and is to come. Saying that we are god or gods, or saying that such briliant musicians as were Mozart or Beethoven is nothing but blaspheme

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2024-03-20 17:38:05

I have enough storage capacity within 10 feet of me to store the library of congress several times over powered in part by tamed lightning and giant flying metal dinner plates in space.  When I go to the doctor I ride on a controlled explosion because horses were too slow.  I may speak to anyone anywhere in the world in less than a couple seconds.  We have been to the moon and watch the sky for aliens with magic metal rods.  We have built machines enough in our likeness that they do art.  There is so much creativity out there that if you did nothing but read or watch tv from the day of your birth to the day of your death, the amount you consumed relative to what exists is so tiny we basically have to write down 0%.  We have conquered the depths of the ocean, the coldest and hottest places on earth.  We live in towers that scrape the heavens.

By contrast Romans had aqueducts, concrete, and slaves.  Either you're a troll or you really need to reevaluate your philosophy here.  Zeus isn't something we believe in anymore because we know how lightning works.  If you want a mythology go practice any of the various forms of paganism, it's still out there for those of you who would rather do that than learn how things work.

But really I call troll or kid here. Just saying.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2024-03-20 18:09:10

Meh, the romans weren't that good at inventing new things or doing the whole "progress" thing. They basically stole the entirety of greek philosophy and most of the greek religion, and even the philosophies were a stretch because Latin just wasn't expressive enough to explain the concepts the greeks came up with, so they had to borrow a lot of words from there, too. I'll give you one thing, they were good at building a huge state with relatively sucky technology compared to what we have, and they could disembowel their enemies pretty well. But everything #8 said kinda puts most of that to shame doesn't it?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2024-03-20 20:07:21

Andy93 wrote:

there's no other God than the Lord of hosts, the creator of heaven and earth, the one who encarnated himself through Jesus Christ, 100%  God and 100% man, who is and was and is to come. Saying that we are god or gods, or saying that such briliant musicians as were Mozart or Beethoven is nothing but blaspheme

No, there's no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his Messenger.

Hehe

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2024-03-20 20:22:56 (edited by bashue 2024-03-20 20:36:28)

Greetings Andy93, I address what you wrote in post 7. I know that it states in the bible that Lord Jesus Christ is the truth, the light and the way. I also know that he is considered to be the only begotten son of Lord Jehovah and the holy spirit. I also know that Lord Jesus Christ is considered as the second in the godhead triumvirate or better known as the trinity. I also know of John 3:16 that states:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

While I don't agree with Scepter, nor do I think he is trolling as I understood what he meant, nor do I believe that he was blaspheming against Lords Jehovah and Jesus Christ, along with the holy spirit, I do believe that he was talking about AI, exploring the idea that AI could overturn their masters and or that we are our own gods. If you want to know more about the 'thou art God' theory, read stranger in a strange land by Robert A Hinlyne. If Scepter was guilty of blasphemy then it is only against the myriad of religions all claiming to be the right ones and the fact that their respective gods, or even their versions of the one god that they like to portray is the only one worthy of worship. He was poohpoohing the concept itself and rightly so. Not all of the myriad religions can be right, so which one is? Ask any religious individual of a different religion and they will all say that theirs is the only true and correct religion. It is indeed madness in the extreme. I will now leave you with some articles written by my brother Terence Malaher from the testament of truth that speaks out against Jesus Christ being both god and man, the John 3:16 verse and against the nativity story. Why? If our sins were truly forgiven us, not only would we no longer have the desire to sin anymore, but we would no longer be subjected to the negative emotions that plague even those who undergo baptism. I pray this finds you well.

Terence Malaher wrote:

~ Dispelling the 'Jesus saves' MYTH. ~

To: [email protected] ;
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: absolute truth and the messiah - Dispelling the 'Jesus saves' MYTH
Dear Greg, I refer to your words being the past scriptural words words through which error was promoted by men of the 'cloth.': :
The message of the Bible is summed up in that most famous of Bible verses, John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
Note: The above Him refers to Him GOD, - - - not him Jesus the man
I Terence state: The entire 'Christian' community has been programmed to believe that THE 'saviour' is the MAN Jesus, and it is I God's 'pen' to now dispel that myth forever and ever, for although on my star prayer meditation for Christians I use the words  "Jesus please help me and save me" - this is stated to assist the 'Jesus' believers, but I ADD that in order for the named man 'Jesus' to 'save,' one has to conform with the message from THE FATHER, God who sent Jesus and, all must OBEY  it during the time of tribulations. Any person continuing to believe that the crucifixion of the man Jesus in some way voids or nullifies God's Law will 'die in their sin.' To be 'saved' you must at all times and in all situations:
Go your way in peace & love one another and mercifully and compassionately forgive those who persecute you and - you must turn the other cheek when abused and 'go' as a lamb to the slaughter in NON-retaliation as you NOW PAY YOUR DUES OWED TO THE DARK ENERGY OF GOD as said, for paying others to do your evil deeds on your behalf (systems armed forces) or for doing the same yourself. (controlling or injuring others)
It is I the returned Spirit of Truth who has elevated THE unadulterated Salvation TRUTH above the 'clouds' and, - - - 
ONLY those whom on ITS truth sup will begin to comprehend the depth of depravity and iniquity to which ALL have fallen, as they were deceived by  error of comprehension in biblical texts such as THE ABOVE, being the  FALSE promotion of the MAN 'Jesus' by Priests.
It is MY 'pen,' God's to elevate THE TESTAMENT OF TRUTH so that those truly believing in 'HIM' understand that in the above texts it is NOT referring to  the 'man Jesus' to be praised but HimGOD the FatherHIM who sent Jesus.
To be saved, you must now acknowledge HIM (God) in OBEYING the message God sent via Jesus, especially when faced by God's WRATH as you PAY your dues to HIM for being SWINE.  The name 'Jesus' must be taken OUT of the 'equation' so to speak, - - - as one OBEYS God's 'message' Command reiterated by me below. All are yet praising the man Jesus rather than LIVING the message sent by God.
Man teaches and preaches that all 'praising' Jesus are already safe & saved AND believe that they are now 'above' THE LAW OF GOD and I say:
THAT IS ALL TOTAL RUBBISH AND UNTRUTH AND I AM GOD'S PROOF.
Jesus went as a 'lamb to the slaughter' to SHOW THE WAY (non-retaliation in the face of adversity.) NONE are yet 'saved' by 'grace' for that is an IMPOSSIBILITY. One cannot VOID God's Law. (Karma - absolute justice )Show God YOUR 'grace' in obeying HIM and of your inner sin you will be freed in the manner as revealed in my holy texts. (Inner sin is the dark negative emotions which are the dark energy of God)
God's 'eye for an eye' - As you SOW so shall ye REAP decree is immutable & inviolate.
IT applies to both good and bad deeds - do good and IT returns via others to you on an equal basis.
Do bad and cause harm to even one 'hair' on the head of another CHILD OF GOD and God's ENERGY balances itself when IT so chooses in this OR the after-life and you are 'harmed' or suffer loss etc., on an absolutely EQUAL basis.
Wake UP, there are as yet only a handful of true 'Christians' on earth for the multitudes so professing are funding iniquity and promoting IT and ITS works via government systems etc., because 'ministers' of religion using the texts 'Render unto Caesar' MISUNDERSTOOD what that meant and all now condone war and walk hand in hand with warmongers.
ONLY those who NOW OBEY HIM God (not Jesus) and LIVE the message HE sent via Jesus and now me who FACTUALLY, when under duress, still OBEY IT will be saved when their DUES have been met (paid or suffered in non-retaliation) - - - and thus they must from this moment forth abide in (Obey)  the message from God and:
Go their way in peace & love one another and mercifully and compassionately forgive those who persecute them and - they must turn the other cheek when abused and 'go' as a lamb to the slaughter in NON-retaliation as they NOW PAY THEIR DUES OWED TO THE DARK ENERGY OF GOD as said, for paying others to do their evil deeds on their behalf (systems armed forces) or doing same themselves.
FEW indeed will follow me to Paradise
Know ye that what is perfect is now come and, that which is 'in part'* will be done away. (* Old scripture)
Show your Creator that you do now abide in TRUE faith and be merciful, forgiving and charitable unto all.
Sup from my wellspring of living water and attain eternal life of pure bliss.
Cause harm and the Devil's fold awaits you.
God is GOD, not man. God IS the Light and the Dark
It was also written that "Whomsoever 'sups' on the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil will die in their SIN." Man needs to NOW comprehend that self-defence or attack is the use of DESTRUCTIVE ENERGETIC FORCE of GOD which IS the destructive 'fruit' of said 'tree' and, - - - the use of IT is what causes injury or loss or suffering to OTHERS.
If you condone or fund 'protection' by armed men or defend yourself when faced by adversity, you are DEFIANT of God and ON the wide road to Hell because, you are causing others harm and accruing a further spiritual due and drawing IN more 'sin' which is the dark energy essence of the Source, - - - and IT draws your soul away and DOWN to ITS terrifying lair.

Note: In this final 'test' of man by God the 'pass mark' is 100%, no less no more.
Terence

~ Before Its news NEWS ~
Outreach to all media outlets
The awaited MESSIAH is now in the flesh and states:
There is NO need for any more 'Popes' for every religion is now to fall into disarray.
Dear recipient, be advised that the 'awaited' Messiah being the messenger of God walks this earth and, over the last few years has been formulating a message to humanity from the Source. It is imperative that every person find their way to IT because, all prior biblical and other supposedly sacred teachings were and are yet contaminated by untruth & deception and are of NO 'Salvation' value and, all on this earth are as yet sliding downwards and backwards towards the Abyss of eternal suffering.
The past 'The OLD Testament' and 'The NEW Testament' are now OBSOLETE and superseded by this 'The Testament of TRUTH' which has been written by my personal 'hand' and soul of pure Light uncontaminated by 'Sin.' (Negative emotions)
Know ye that what is perfect is now come and, that which is 'in part'* will be done away. (* Old scripture)
Show your Creator that you do now abide in TRUE faith and be merciful, forgiving and charitable unto all.
Sup from my wellspring of living water and attain eternal life of pure bliss.
Be advised that the message to humanity from the Source God is to prepare humanity for the now END times tribulations and separation of souls. 
The message to humanity is on line at http://www.the-testament-of-truth.com
As I and I alone (The Spirit of Truth) am the rightful Representative of GOD on earth to guide God's children HOME, there is no more need of any 'religions' with their clerics, priests, bishops or others, for all these 'fell' by the wayside as they 'sided' with Caesar's men due to their fear of 'castration' in being fed to the LIONS, and thus they deceived God's children in teaching them that they were 'required' by God to FUND Caesar's coffers by paying TAXES.
None seeing that the funding of INIQUITY is what has kept man trapped by THE BEAST for centuries. All now have 'dues' to be met for funding, supporting, condoning and thus 'upholding' the ANTI-Christ Government 'doctrine' of CONTROL over God's children, as officials and enforcers of State via legislation: Dominate them, subjugate them, extort money from them, punish them, injure and kill them, all for greed and ABSOLUTE POWER.
The web site given below will clarify for all souls the truth of why they are suffering mentally, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually, simply due to the false beliefs that they can defy God's Command to be "Only forgiving, peaceful and loving" in their interactions with others and still be 'safe & saved,' but that is error of doctrine. Those who continue to defy God and injure and subjugate others or those who continue to fund the contra doctrine of control, punishment and war, FAIL their final coming test and do go to HELL.
ONLY fund benign community effort and services provision.
The information on the Messiah's web site will help people to understand that anyone seeking to attain Heaven/Paradise MUST now lay down their arms and become total pacifists even if faced by 'crucifixion' at the hands of the merciless. 
Those continuing to BE merciless, vindictive, retributive and unforgiving will definitely find that their eternal 'fate' is to be in the terrifying realms of ongoing suffering. Realms which DO exist, and the demonic forces therein 'await' those souls who pass over having continued to defy the call of "Love one another & Forgive your enemy under all and every circumstance no matter what the provocation may have been," since that is demanded by God's One Command.
Armageddon of THE MIND * leading to escalating insanity has commenced
All seekers of Salvation now need to read God's final message to humanity.
The means to fortify the mind against incoming 'possessive' dark thoughts is given on the web site because, as all of us can now clearly see, is the escalation of  retribution and the total disrespect of many towards other children of God because people cannot control their THOUGHTS.
Note: Armageddon of THE MIND * - Is the telepathic subjugation of the mind of man by demonic forces who are now waging war upon all humanity and turning man against man. Any who fail to fortify their minds against this psychic attack will become totally 'possessed' and cause havoc. Worldwide chaos is now inevitable. Only the few who remain true to the precepts of God's Command when faced by adversity "Love, peace, mercy, compassion & forgive" will be saved.
Everyone needs to fortify their minds daily using the 'Star' prayer meditation and relevant information at:
http://www.the-testament-of-truth.com/t … arpray.htm
Mankind does not need MEN to lead them astray any longer.  THE TRUTH now walks this earth 'HIDDEN' and invisible in the flesh of mortal man and states: "Turn direct to GOD and OBEY His 'Love, peace, mercy, compassion and forgive' COMMAND, and turn the other cheek when confronted as God's WRATH now descends upon all for funding iniquity."
Governments of man ARE also 'Religions,' as they HAVE an Ideological DOCTRINE of absolute DOMINATION - subjugation, interference, control, extortion, fine, punishment, injury and killing.  This destructive controlling Doctrine is opposite to and in contravention of God's Command.
Please 'NEWS Paper or RADIO' this 'Last Hour' NEWS so that everyone has the opportunity to visit the web site and make a personally informed decision whether to treat IT with derision or with absolute respect and consideration as it is the final message to each from their Creator.
In summary, today, many speak about light, love and mercy, but what we all see or hear about is in fact the increasing violence of man against man, and greater control by government systems over man. This all highlights the disrespect many have for God's children. It is this careless disregard of God's children which causes many souls to ultimately slide backwards and down into the dark abyss rather than them going UP into the pure Light of freedom.
Terence
I AM the MESSIAH
God's Judge Terence de Malaherre
Centre of Enlightenment
Constitutional & Spiritual Consultant.

~ The Jesus story folly. ~
Children, you are all “locked in” to the Jesus story
to the extent that you all forgot the WORD of GOD Glory
Forget now the “historical facts” of the man, just heed God’s WORD, that is God’s salvation plan. If you continue on speaking “of” Jesus in the manger, you fall “asleep” and your soul is placed in danger. For God sent Jesus to tell you of HIS Word true.
And surely by now you can see the “aggressive vanity” of the supposed Christian race who run all over the planet in disgrace as they speak of God and destroy all on this sod.
Their “belief” in Jesus is so STRONG that they foolishly believe they can do wrong and avoid the “You pay for your bad deeds” being God’s LAW forever and a day.
So I Terence say forget now the Jesus story and look to God and HIS glory. All who this cannot do will become worse and be confined in hell for an eternity or two. I reiterate for you:
Forget now the Jesus “story”
It is the WORD OF GOD that is the
Glory
The exposure of the unholy 'High Priests' of the 'Safe & Saved by the blood of Jesus' Sects.
The vain, arrogant and foolish who are deceiving so many as they 'come' in 'The name of Jesus.'
The FALSE 'Safe & saved by the blood of Jesus' myth has been propagated over many years now by thousands of mortal men who are not only Vain, arrogant, proud and GREEDY, but their MINDS were 'tapped' by the infinite cunning of the Dark Sovereign Power who gave them the JUSTIFICATION to use the name of God's messenger in order to PROMOTE their business venture that to their MIND appeared to be a good 'debenture' in respect of the Salvation story.
These vain men failed to comprehend their own 'biblical' texts wherein it was CLEARLY STATED that those 'coming' in the name of Jesus or God were FALSE, and it is I to state that I personally do NOT come 'in the name of Jesus,' for I state that:
I AM HE the Spirit of Truth having the SAME spirit soul within as did the mortal man 'Jesus' of that past time.
So here we now are, where men have been 'led' to believe that when a mortal man 'ministering' their truth performs a 'knock you down' RITUAL, during which he states that as the result of his proven 'powers' over you, that you are now 'saved.' That is pure FALSITY say I.
I THE Spirit of TRUTH state:
The PROOF to you the individual that you ARE 'Safe' from drawing IN more of God's Dark energy (Sin) into your soul through defiance of God and thus causing harm to another is:
A - When you do NOT retaliate when faced by an aggressor seeking to or causing you or your family HARM.
B -  When you no longer 'give in' to dark thoughts or emotions and thus cause NO harm or injury etc., to any other child of God.
The PROOF to you the individual that you ARE 'Saved' is ONLY when you 'pass through' the PEARLY Gates of Heaven into Paradise.
THE PROOF TO YOU the individual that you are NOT 'safe nor saved' nor freed from your inner sin is, that your MIND is becoming more 'irrational' and 'disturbed' by 'possessive' THOUGHTS that you are UNABLE TO HALT.
WHAT does this MEAN?
It means that your negative emotions (Sin) are becoming STRONGER and thus you will be more critical, angry, vain, fearful, vindictive, vociferous, confrontationary, possessive, demanding, greedy and aggressive etc., and JUSTIFIED in defying God's: "Peace, love, mercy, compassion and forgive" Command as YOU will be incited to disturb the peace of others or retaliate in the face of adversity and, you will be UNABLE to 'turn the other cheek.'
WHAT does this MEAN
It means that each and every 'time' your interaction with others is NOT within the precepts of God's Command you will ACCRUE a further punitive 'due' within the IMMUTABLE Law of God and, you draw MORE Dark energy of GOD into your soul and are then in greater spiritual DANGER because, the 'bigger' or stronger your negative emotions become, the easier it is for demonic forces to telepathically overpower your MIND from WITHIN.
No fellowshipping with ANY religion nor the praising of the name of Jesus or Buddha or Muhammad or Krishna or any other will SAVE YOU say I the messenger of the MOST HIGH. You will ONLY become 'safe or saved' when you follow my LEAD as given in this God's FINAL message to humanity.
Try and 'reason' that you can simply be an 'attendee' in being a part of a group of people congregating in a hall without having received a 'label' stating that you are safe or saved. So what is it that actually takes place when you are 'invited' to step forward by the 'conductor' of the day?
What takes place is that you publicly 'front up' to be a participant in a RITUAL wherein another person submits you to an 'overpowering' ACT, and this act 'formalises' the supposed 'Salvation' of the participant by their own belief that the 'Supreme Power' (God) operated through the 'conductor' of the RITUAL and they were THUS saved.
Once this 'formality' is over the new 'acolyte' becomes 'wed' to form a core part of the congregation and presumes that, - - - they are in some way EMPOWERED to also go forth 'spruiking' that Salvation was/is ONLY guaranteed in praising the name 'Jesus' and accepting him as ones personal saviour etc. This is an absolute CONTRADICTION of God's Message.
None of the 'newly wed' indoctrinated by the Sect or mainstream religions realise that the thousands of mortals carrying out these RITUALS 'In the name of Jesus' are NOT God, nor did Jesus send them, nor can any 'ritual' free them of their INNER SIN nor 'wash away' their accrued 'Karmic dues.'
All that has in FACT taken place during the ritual is that a SPELL has been placed within their subconscious mind by 'wolves in sheep's clothing' operating through the flesh and mind of mortal men purporting to be 'God' with the capacity to 'save' the souls of any person they were 'able' to OVERPOWER and fell to the floor and, - - - as this they do they 'invoke' the name 'Jesus' to give the RITUAL a spiritual significance.
Yes, by their actions the 'High Priests' are in fact stating and implying: 
"By the powers invested in ME by God I have set you free and you are now 'Safe & Saved' - - - AND - - - my 'Act' of RITUAL nullifies and abrogates the "Eye for an eye - As you sow so shall ye reap" LAW OF GOD and you are FORGIVEN for your past sinning ways."
I THE returned Spirit of Truth categorically state:
"Any person continuing to promote the 'Christian Outreach' (Or any other religion) PHILOSOPHY that 'Jesus saves,' is a person showing their utter contempt of Jesus AND the Father who sent him and they WILL surely 'die in their sin' for their vanity, pride, arrogance, ignorance, DECEPTION and GREED."
It is ONLY when one at all times and in all situations OBEYS and remains within the precepts of God's Command that one will be safe or saved by God's grace. I ADD that there is NO ritual nor 'circumstance' whereby one can avoid the implementation of God's immutable LAW.
There is NO FREE RIDE TO HEAVEN say I.

The Domain of the Dark – the negative energy of God
is
Absolutecunning, deception and treachery.
The greatest deception referenced differently in 'psalms' but now being "The sinner's prayer" of the latter day Pentecostals is what came to my mind as being the most important 'issue' of the day for every person fellow-shipping with religious orders.
"Why is this so"? For they ALL 'teach' that the LAW of God can be 'breached or 'avoided, voided or nullified' or, that some ritualistic ritual or other belief in the spiritual 'powers' granted by God to a mortal man such as Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad etc., can absolve 'sin' and thus 'save' the individual from their 'negative' or 'sinful' karmic fate, being the fulfillment of the immutable "As you did sow so shall ye reap" Law. This erroneous teaching is promoted one way or another by every religion and is FALSITY in its purest form.
Note: God's energies both Light (Creative benign) and Dark (Destructive malignant) have the same 'end user' Law, being that the energy used in ones interaction returns on an 'equal' or 'eye for an eye' basis that is absolutely UNAVOIDABLE. It is thus absolutely 'Just' in returning unto the user an exact 'measure' of the energy used by them in their interaction with others.
Even for a child, Salvation is on the basis of faith in obedience to the "Love one another" command of God, alone. The "Truth, Light and Way" is simply that as well all ITS 'kindly' and merciful precepts as given by many 'prophets' being:  "Turn the other cheek, forgive thine enemy, be merciful and compassionate and forgiving unto those sinners that abuse you, and 'go' as a lamb to the slaughter if others seek to kill or maim you."
Why is it THE ONLY WAY? Because when so doing, one is ONLY using and expressing the Light energy of God and thus one ONLY receives a return of this 'joyous' energy that brightens your soul and raises its vibration.
When you 'sin' you are supping on the fruit of the Tree of Evil, being the forbidden to use Dark energy of the Source, God, thus your 'expression' or that of your servants operating on your behalf ispunitive and forceful and you receive an EQUAL return of that 'cruel' energy that darkens your soul and lowers its vibration and that 'lowering' vibration is what draws your soul away from the light in the after life.
Try and understand that the Dark energy is no more evil than a crocodile living in a pool, for IT the 'croc' is simply what it IS,  destructive, and it will eat and destroy you if you 'in ignorance or arrogance' enter ITS domain.
Equally, the Dark energy simply is what it IS, destructive, and if you are so foolish to sup on this energy then you ARE entering into ITS domain by your own foolish or arrogant choice, and then IT simply sets out to destroy you for being such a worthless infidel. (Non-believer)
It is I the Spirit of Truth to now state that: Any person relying on any 'text' such as in the below words or similar as being their 'act of faith' supposedly granting them Salvation is a person that is in  GRAVE spiritual danger:
"Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be." OR:
"Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend." OR:
"Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend. I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."OR:
From the 'de Profundus': "Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord; Lord, master hear my voice.
Let Your ears be attentive to the voice that calls on thee for pardon If You, O Lord, mark iniquities, Lord, who can stand? But with You is forgiveness, that You may be revered,"
Why? Because there is NO 'pardon' or 'ransom' or 'forgiveness' through prayer. There is only forgiveness once one has paid their dues to God. (In fulfilling the "As you did sow so shall ye reap" LAW) and, all are relying on the spoken words of other mortals who raised up this 'style' of 'testimony or ritual' for the sole purpose of feeding their greed and vanity as they sought to draw in multitudes to their own organisation.
It is I the Spirit of Truth to now state that: Any person that 'preached' such deception when on earth and that has passed over to 'spirit' now lives in the underworld for their arrogance and defiance of God's Holy Word as they placed themselves into the punitive aspect of HIS immutable Law being:  "Deceive any one of My children and you will die in your sin."
It is I the Spirit of Truth to now state that: Any person that is 'living' in this earthly realm that continues to teach the above will suffer the eternal torment. This means that ANY written 'texts' in print or any 'on line' texts that people have placed thereon for the world to read also need to be 'burnt' or removed because, everyone relying on this false teaching willsuffer and those that uphold IT will also suffer the same for promoting FALSITY.
page 8
Let it be CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD: Those promoting the words "Jesus saves" or, promoting the ritualistic saying of 'prayers' around the idolistic belief : "Believe in Jesus and you are saved, your sins are out-rubbed and you are guaranteed a place in Heaven," are people who are themselves deceived by their predecessors and their 'guarantees' are WORTHLESS.
For no person can attain Salvation unless they 'bow' to the Command of God and, every person is subjected to the immutable Law of God and, no person can enter the realm of pure Light with even ONE 'speck' of dark energy in their soul. Why'? Because only Light energy exists in that place and any 'spec' of darkness would be a 'blot' on God's eternally moving image of purity.
God needs NO prayers of 'exaltation' containing 'pleas' of mercy or forgiveness for HE only 'forgives' once you have PAID all your spiritual dues to HIM, and HE is merciless with the merciless and, it is thus a total waste of your time to ask Him for mercy.
It is better to SHOW Him by your 'loving, kind, merciful, compassionate and forgiving' EXPRESSION that you HAVE 'heard' His True Word and, as you thus remain a benign and meek little 'creature' He then will by the Power of His LIGHT purge your soul of the darkness you so stupidly drew in and only THUS are you set free and safe and saved.
The 'blood' of Jesus does NOT wash away sin. Jesus 'died' on the cross to show YOU by HIS example that you WILL suffer for your past sinning ways and if necessary BE crucified and, if you suffer in NON-retaliation as you 'turn the other cheek' then and only then do you SATISFY THE IMPLEMENTATION and FULFILLMENT OF GOD'S LAW.
There is much 'controversy' as to whether one is 'judged' according to their 'faith' in Jesus as their 'saviour' or by their 'Works,' and I can but comment on past scriptural texts (Revelations) that are in accordance with my belief that 'each' is judged upon their interaction with others, their deeds, their 'works.'
Rev: 12: And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books,  according to their works.
Rev: 13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Note: 'Works' = deeds = actions = interaction with others, be it benign and within the precepts of God's  "Love one another" Command or malignant due to fellow-shipping or supporting the contra  false doctrine of control, interference, taxation, regulation, punishment & war. (Systems of Caesar – State)
The present 'beliefs' being promoted by the evangelical 'tribes' are that in praising and elevating Jesus into 'godship' and accepting him as their 'lord & saviour' is all that they need to be 'safe and saved,' and I say that this is GROSS ERROR, for ONLY by conforming to the Command of the FATHER who sent Jesus to tell all of the Father's message is what saves anyone.
For ONLY when we do turn over a new leaf and 'bow' in subservience to God's command IN ITS FULLNESS as revealed by me can one be set free by God's grace as GOD then removes the 'sin' (dark emotions) out of the individual.
You must read my statement of 'The ONE true faith' for only then will you realise the depth of your perfidy and your present  error of living ways.
NONE can avoid or nullify God's JUDGEMENT
God's judgement is a natural progression of spiritual life (existence) that goes on forever. The progression being:
As one walks in the LIGHT one receives an equal return of the benign energy of creation (LOVE) that is bestowed upon you by others because you or your servants at your 'behest' have bestowed such upon others.
As one walks in the DARK one receives an equal return of the malignant energy of destruction (HATE) that is bestowed upon you by others because you or your servants at your 'behest' have bestowed such upon others.
The final judgement or 'separation' of souls is simply a point in eternal time when due to factors unknown by man, the outpouring of Light 'peaks' and then lessens for another eternity similarly to the intake of a breath and then exhausting it.
For God's energy also 'moves' in a similar way, and during the 'lessening' there is NO opportunity for 'elevation' or purging of the soul and that 'time' is an eternity long. Hence the eternity of being excluded from salvation if one fails at this point of maximum purging as God's 'breath' peaks. Great outpouring of LIGHT energy that purges the soul of man)
Mankind needs to REALISE that the moment that you 'see the truth' as revealed by ME God's Plenipotentiary then you have been 'baptised in true doctrine' by the Spirit of GOD.
The moment that you have received this 'blessing' and by IT are 'enlightened,' then you have the CHOICE to continue on 'sinning' and supporting by vote, fine or tax, punishment and war being the opposite doctrine of Caesar, (State) or you can turn over a new leaf and BEGIN your journey to spiritual freedom as you pay NO more fines or taxes into State coffers and you only fund benign community effort.
The moment that you show God of your new deeds, then truly begins your trail of sorrows, for His Dark punitive aspect will be set in 'train' to mete out ITS 'payback' for any outstanding spiritual dues for the time that you did support ITS false doctrine, and the 'enforcers' being God's 'reapers' and or other ignorant 'swine' will hunt you down and you will be 'tormented' or abused until such time as EVERY debt to God has been met with NO 'retaliation,' and THEN and ONLY then will you become spiritually free and released of 'Sin' within by the grace of God's outpouring energy of Light.
Please send this 'missive' far and wide to every 'Pentecostal' or evangelical organisation so as to give them a little 'hope' before those that continue to defy God in denying my message from the LIGHT will get to KNOW the ultimate sorrow and suffering. Please let your true 'outreach' to others now begin.
Terence - The Spirit of Truth.

~ The One TRUE FAITH. ~

Which faith is the TRUE FAITH ? — O GOD of the sky
please of this wisdom do not me deny
“The true faith is ONE, that of MY WORD, those that it hear not think it absurd. Religious faith is a word of mankind and through its follies man is in a bind. Twisting and turning saying “Which way to go, which side is true, the lesson we don’t know.” So I say to you see it clear, ‘tis direct to ME your GOD must you now steer.
HEED MY WORD — every day
HEED MY WORD — and daily pray
ABIDE BY MY WORD — is what I ask
ABIDE BY MY WORD — ‘tis your only task
“Love one another”
Heed Jesus’ message, that issued forth from ME.
Heed now this message, through Terence.
Once sinless, it is your soul “resurrected” into its birthplace, heaven, My world.
My Wisdom “through” Jesus is the “bread,” sup on these
teachings through Jesus, and you truly sup on living water.”
Man’s creed should have said, “I believe that Jesus was sent by our Father,
and thus, I will believe His message, and heed IT daily.
It is the deceitful “whisperings” of the serpent, that say,“You can defend your flesh and thus destroy each other in self defence as you are already forgiven for your sins through the crucifixion of the one and only son of God, who died for your sins.” This common belief, is the total denial of God’s holy living WORD saying:
“Love one another”
Be merciful & compassionate & understanding & forgiving.

~ The Shepherd’s Staff. ~

THE TRUTH— is the Crux of the Core, being the message of the cross for sure, in that on “your day” you must not retaliate in any way.
THE LIGHT— is the Wisdom from afar, symbolised by Christ’s Morning Star, visible in an earthly sense to any who would “recompense.”
THE WAY— is GOD’S WORD ofPeace, not the sword, of Mercy and Compassion too and ONLY let love through.
So the Staff of the shepherd is God’s strength that is revealed to you at great length, and IF on the strength of God’s Word you lean, then all inner darkness will God from you wean.

2024-03-20 20:30:01

I don't believe in any gods but because if I am not sure of something, I prefer to not judge what's actually true, for me believing doesn't exist, faith is just getting into one group and thinking that the other groups aren't right, I think that no one is right here.

meow meow.

2024-03-20 20:37:39

#8 is absolutely right. Please uncle Camlorn, could you explain how lightning works? Right now as an animist I have no understanding of this thing, I think you call it sigh-ense, and so every time a thunderstorm happens, I hide under my bed, because I can only assume the lightning spirit things I've been a bad bad boy. So far I've avoided my punishment, but I mean, it's bigger and scarier than I am.

So it's only a matter of time before big daddy voltage catches up with me, and it's just gonna be worse because I've been hiding under my bed so long. He's gonna be so super duper pissed at me! If you know of a way to make him not be a big poopyhead about it all, please tell me!

Use small words though, my tiny childlike mind can only take in so much at once, then it just refuses to process anything for a while. I mean, I don't really want to do this sigh-ense stuff at all, but the storms are just getting so scary, I'm desperate! If getting big daddy lightning off my ass means making my poor brain hurt, well, it'll just have to suffer!

2024-03-20 20:54:36

An interesting topic for sure, one I love to think about, debate on and explore possibilities. However, this forum is the last place I'd go to participate tbh not at all comfortable especially with people like @7 lmfamfao. Such things require... Uh idk for starters,  a basic degree of open-mindedness and willingness for change at least.

Abay chal.

2024-03-20 21:07:19

@13
So, you see, the fun thing...lightning is like little armies in everything.  You know how people go "look! Over there is some empty land let's take it?" Well, Electrons from Electronica love to colonize and explore the world and will just race right over there and grab it nom nom nom, and because they're so, so eager if we put obstacles in their way we can get them to blast through and do useful things for us.

This post brought to you by taking a joke way too far because it's funny that I can take it in the direction of an actual explanation of science, so there.

My Blog

2024-03-20 21:31:42

@5: Afrim, I mostly agree with you, it is true, though this is not a situation, so to say, since today or yesterday, it was already a thing, in arts and literature, and in some other areas by the mid Twentieth century, when many people realized that the meaning we find in both our pursuits of happiness, and anything else is completely devoid of significance. We have already asigned a value, turned everything into a comodity, and thusly, we stare into a fabricated world of values, where les and less is being achieved.

Is it our time to lay our hands down, and proclaim that we're done for as a race? All races have their ends, and yes, this has been an interesting adventure. I'm sure most humans would agree. I'm speaking from atranshistorical point of view. People are now speaking of post history, just as we are speaking of post modernity, or (after history), I think there is even a book with that title. "After the End of History", I think it's by Francis Fukuyama, haven't read it yet.

It's not bad persay that the world is falling, this moment had to come, is there any way to slow it down? What do you think?

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2024-03-20 23:16:43

I think that philosophers have been saying exactly the same things as you for thousands and thousands of years and if every single generation says this and it keeps not coming to pass, then eventually you'd better recognize that you're the silly ones, not the rest of the world ending.

My Blog

2024-03-21 00:26:36

#15:

Kind of bummed that you didn't cover the voltage gradient, but not bad! As for #17, yes, see also "this generation is going to break the world", or "this weird thing the kids are doing is going to ruin everything", we've got the first at least back to Plato and tons of examples of the second, including the waltz and chess.

2024-03-21 00:36:17 (edited by Andy93 2024-03-21 00:38:16)

@10: with all due respect, Alla's not God. as @11 said, there's only one true God, the great I am, the one who gave himself through Jesus Christ on a cross so that he or she who receives him, can get saved and have a restored relationship with him as in the beginning.
Now @11: I see that you know the truth, but no matter what, if somebody says that we are  god, or our own gods or make ourselves deities, that's blasphemy. We're nothing but creatures formed at God's own image,  this not implying that we are gods.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2024-03-21 01:14:12

@16, I think it's a completely different time compared to 30-50 years ago. Most of the ideologies have been continuously falling since then. I think things started changing significantly after 2010, with another boost with the beginning of the pandemic in 2020. I don't think we're falling as race; it's more like a transitional phase where we question a lot of things, try implementing different policies and ideas, and after experimenting come to a conclusion on what is best for us at this time. There are some facts to be stated though: there has hardly been a time in our history where we could enjoy more freedom, prosperity, well-being, equality, security, flow of and access to information, financial stability, sense of entitlement, and more. There has never been a time where you have, for example, a one-man power machine that posts videos to Youtube and gets 50 Million views. It's just a man working behind the scenes. You just need a camera and a laptop, and some innovative ideas and you're good to go. No one had this freedom 20 or 30 years ago. 50 Million makes up the population of 10 small countries, or 70% of the population of countries like Germany, France, Italy, England, and so on. I don't think humanity is falling anytime soon; well, unless someone decides to press some button in Washington or Moscow.

2024-03-21 01:30:31

Hay Andy93, we both know this, it is true. None in creation are gods, how could we and more crucially, how can they be gods when none in creation can even create out of nothing? Out of nothing means without ever using already existing material or matter to be more precise. We know of instances of Lord Jehovah creating out of nothing and forming creations out of already existing matter via transfiguration, transmutation and by breathing life into his creations. Lord Jehovah even created and decreed via speech and what so ever he spake, it came to be, as reality must be that way. Maybe Scepter doesn't yet know of Lord Jehovah, Lord Jesus Christ and the holy spirit. He must therefore be given every opportunity to know as must all who don't know be given the opportunity. Not knowing should not be punished nor punishable. How best then to get people to want to know? Simply by being loving, by showing by example how we live and act each and every day. As imperfect as we are, we must never the less, lead by example and forever be compassionate, merciful, forgiving, respectful and charitable. I don't even say god, God or even Lord Jehovah, let alone Jesus Christ or holy spirit casually because such utterances must only be done respectfully when talking about them or when praying to our father who is in heaven. They must never be used as expletives and neither will we do so because it isn't in our natures to do so. While I do use said names frequently, I always do so in context and with full knowledge of who I am referring to, in what way and I'm completely aware of the kind of activities that I'm engaging in while so uttering. For example: I could be making the coffee, washing dishes, going to the local stores, talking on the phone or even out somewhere where it is of the upmost importance to be polite and well manorred, as well as kind and loving. If Scepter was meaning to be disrespectful and blasphemous, wouldn't we know it? Would there be any doubt? I think it's better to educate and assume that Scepter didn't know instead of concluding that he did know and was doing it in order to get a rise out of people or to cause deliberate offense. Okay, I'm going to make the argument that there are other people who worship other gods and even idols in different parts of the world as well as where we are. Are the gods that these other people worship truly gods? No they are not gods but I believe that they were people who were so technologically advanced that to the peoples of the times of the gods, they truly were gods because they didn't understand anything about computers or even simple radios. Imagine if you will, never having encountered any modern technology and you live in a very insular society. What would happen if an outsider came into our village with music playing loudly from their car? In this hypothetical scenario, we don't have any education except for what the elders have taught us. Wouldn't we be amazed, scared, superstitious, and even desirous to have that which we never encountered before? Wouldn't we think that gods or even demons were residing in this horseless carage that could talk, sing and play instruments all on its own? I believe that is how some religious beliefs started in the first place. Let's give Scepter the benefit of the doubt unless he proves later on down the line that he truly meant to be blasphemous. If so which I doubt, then we just wish him well or give him our good counsel so that he doesn't stumble anymore.

2024-03-21 02:49:49

@18
Actually the fun thing is that most of that sort of stuff is inherent in my analogy if you think about it.  Guess it depends which thing we can call a voltage gradient you're referring to; that's a kinda vague term.

@21
Hold on. Are you saying that you simultaneously believe in the Christian god and that also we had computers in Roman times?

My Blog

2024-03-21 04:26:02

#8 said it better than I could.

My late father was fond of saying that there had been more technological advancement in his lifetime than in all of recorded history until his birth, and considering my father was born in 1942, before ENIAC and the Bomb, I don't think that's much of an exaggeration.

Modern society has it's fair share of issues, but we have technology we almost universally consider obsolete junk that is so far beyond what the Romans, or even the Victorians had that it would be practically incomprehensible to people of those bygone eras.

We have magic boxes not only capable of keeping ice from melting, but of actually making ice, even at the height of summer.

We have other magic boxes capable of cooking food without the need of fire.

We know dozens of metals, not just 7 and have machines that can make thousands in the time it took a smith of old to make one.

We can perform a play once then show that performance to the whole world. We can even show the whole world as the performance is taking place.

We can have fresh fruit and vegetables year round, not just during a short period around harvest time, and even commoners can enjoy exotic fruits once reserved for royalty.

We can carry in our pockets a body of knowledge to put the Library of alexandria to shame.

We can travel further in a day than the greatest ships of the age of sail could travel in months.

illnesses that were once death sentences are now minor inconveniences.

We have magic slabs that can repeat a musical or theatrical performance whenever we like.

In many ways, the working class of today lives better than kings of old.

As for creativity, even if most of what is being produced today is dreck by most standards, there is probably more art, music, literature, etc. being produced today than at any other point in history, thanks in no small part that we no longer live in a time when most people had to grow their own food, and the cost of materials and cost of reaching an audience has dropped to the point one doesn't need the backing of a rich patron or to inherit vast wealth to be able to create, and honestly, that the art of past eras seems better and modern art seems awful probably has more to do with what we have from the past is mostly the stuff that was considered worth keeping around and making an effort to preserve, while the modern side exposes us to a lot of mediocre stuff that will be forgotten by most within a generation, if not a few years... Heck, I just looked up the top grossing films of my birth year(1986) on wikipedia, and only half of the top 10 films of that year are ones I recognize the titles, and there is only one of the ten I've actually seen. Granted, I'm not the biggest movie buff, but that can illustrate how something popular in its time can fall so far into obscurity one doesn't even hear about it through cultural osmosis in a fairly short in the grand scheme time.

2024-03-21 04:34:40

We didn't but who's to say that other people didn't? Why should we humans have been the only ones to research, create and acquire our own technology? Who's to say that there aren't hidden peoples where we do not nor cannot reside? When was the first ever UFO sighting? Just because we weren't always this technologically advanced, why couldn't other humanoid or even non humanoid people have been far longer than us yet left us to advance on our own? To me, leaving us alone was a sensible thing to do so that we don't rely on other races to help us advance.

2024-03-21 05:04:12 (edited by Ethin 2024-03-21 05:11:38)

If there was a species out there in the cosmos we probably would've found them by now. To use an analogy of sound, advanced civilizations like ours emit lots of noise that can be easily picked up by long-distance astronomical instruments and analysis software. The more advanced a civilization is, the "louder" it would be. So if there is life out there, it's either microbial or hasn't even had an industrial revolution.
Honestly, if God does exist -- and there is no evidence to suggest that he does -- I'd picture him not as an individual entity but as an incredibly advanced civilization, probably a type VI or VII (or even more advanced) one. Describing that kind of society is very difficult with words, particularly since the human mind is incapable of imagining such things and we don't really understand such things, but a type VII civilization would be so advanced as to not only have total control over the omniverse (which is what contains the multiverse, which contains our universe) but would also be masters over, well, everything. Even time would be just another tool to them. Their AIs, if they could even be called that by that point, would practically be integral to the fabric of reality itself. The What If show made a good video about this, though again it's difficult to put into words because it's just such an advanced society, though it's about us and not some other civilization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avqhPx1gpGU

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github